Grow up, girls

3 Signs : You have a bad life.

3 signs you have a bad life

 Chapter 11 – Grow up, girls.

---

 

Morning in class is always filled with chaos before the lesson starts. I went to school with Hana and with the milkshake mum made for us. Hana was so happy to have the milkshake and breakfast together saying that it has been a while she’s able to have family meal together since her parents are always so busy earning money.

“Sit down after you tap your attendance.” Mrs. Lee enters the class as we lined up to tap our student card at the scanner for our attendance, technologies nowadays.

After a few seconds, she scanned the class list and called out the absentees names.

“Soori is not here?” She asked, scanning the class to make sure the scanner doesn’t make any mistake.

“Joohyuk isn’t here as well again.” She looked up again and locked her eye contact with me.

“Does anyone know what happened to Joohyuk?” She asked, still focusing on me.

“Soomin?” Mrs. Lee called me and the whole class changes their attention to me.

“Umm… how should I know?” I lied and they were whispering, except for Haru who is still staring at me.

“Sorry, why did I call your name?” She gulped and laughed afterwards. It’s not funny, Mrs. Lee.

“I wanted to ask Jisoo but I was looking at Soomin, that’s why.” She ‘explained’ herself and Jisoo told her Joohyuk is not feeling well.

Damn, Mrs. Lee really wants the class to know about us.

 

Lunch time came and I received a message from Joohyuk telling me he’s already back at home.

“What are you looking at?” Without warning Eunna looked at my phone and I quickly turn it off.

“Can you not do like that?” I hit her back and she laughed.

“Are you messaging someone? Do you have a boyfriend?” Eunna asked and gasped as if me having a boyfriend is such a big surprised.

“Is our Soomin finally in a relationship?” Eunna clapped her hands and the others giggle.

“It’s just a notification from twitter.” I lied and put back on my in my pocket.

“Then why did you turn it off so quickly?” Eunna asked and the others listen, curious.

“Who wouldn’t if someone suddenly barged like that and look at their phone?” I fought back and sip my soda.

“Let’s just eat.” I said and we begin our meal that consists of rice soup and other side dishes.

---

 

“Why isn’t she replying? It’s lunch time for goodness sake.” I look at my phone for the last time and put it away when mum sat in front of me.

“What time is Soomin coming back?” She asked and pass me her signature hot chocolate.

“Our class ends at 5.” I answered.

“I shall wait for her to get back home then I’ll leave then.” She said and my ears perked up.

“Mum, it is okay. You don’t have to wait for her.” I immediately sat up and she raised her eyebrow.

“Your leg is still injured. How can you walk around without guidance?” She asked and I convinced her that I am okay but she insisted on staying.

Soomin is coming back tomorrow, Saturday, and how the heck am I going to tell mum that she went back to her parents’ house.

“Joohyuk.” Mum called and point to my phone.

“You shouldn’t put your phone on silent. Someone’s calling you.” She said and I quickly grab my phone that I put on the table and answer the call from an unknown number.

“Who’s this?”

“Hey, Joohyuk. It’s Haru.”

Oh hey.”

Are you feeling better? I couldn’t sit still when Jisoo told me you’re sick. I’m scared it’s because I threw the ball too hard.”

What has that got to do with I’m sick? This Jisoo needs to have one-on-one talk with me.

“Oh, it’s not because of you. I am just having a fever.”

Oh really? If your nose still hurt, please do tell me. I can pay your doctor fees.”

I’m fine. You don’t have to worry about the doctor fees.”

Oh, then I’ll see you in school next Monday.”

Yeah, see you.”

 

I hung up the call and threw the phone on the table not realizing mum is still sitting here.

“Are you planning to buy a new phone or something? Put it down nicely.” She said, and turns my phone screen facing up.

“Who called you?” She asked.

“A classmate.” I answered short.

“Well, you don’t sound close to that classmate. Is it a female or a male classmate?” She asked and I sat up and put my bandaged feet down.

“Female classmate.” I answered honestly.

“Really? Why did she call you? How did she know your number? Did you give it to her?” She bombards me with questions.

“Mum, she’s just a classmate.” I replied and she nodded her head.

“Make sure she stays as a classmate.” She advised and I nod my head. Of course, she will stay as my classmate.

---

 

Class ended early today because our next lesson lecturer went home earlier due to some family problems and we were allowed to go back home.

I take the chance and want to reply Joohyuk but couldn’t when the girls surrounds close to me this time.

“Shall we go and eat dinner together after a long time?” Haru suggested with her bright wide smile.

“What’s up with you? I thought you always want to eat dinner at home with your parents?” Seohyun replied and Haru smiled brightly as before.

“You girls want to know something?” She said and the girls gathered up closely to each other.

“I called Joohyuk just now asking how is he.” She beamed in excitement and everyone can tell she’s glowing at that moment.

“How did you get his number?” Eunna asked, curious.

“I asked for Mrs. Lee and she gave me without questions asked.” She replied and I gulped hard.

I am not jealous. You are not jealous, Jung Soomin. It’s okay. Everything is going to be alright.

“Then what did he say?” Hana asked.

“I told him if his nose is still hurting, I will pay for his doctor fees but he said it’s not hurting him anymore. He’s just having fever.” She answered.

Girl, only if you know that Joohyuk’s nose broke and his skin tore, you’re going to get a heart attack.

“He told me he’s coming back this Monday and told me not to worry.” She added and I choke on my saliva.

“Are you okay?” Hana patted my back and the girls stared at me.

“Sorry, I choked. Continue, Haru.” I said and she went back smiling again.

“How do you have the confidence to call your crush? I don’t even have the confident to look at my crush.” Hana said and we gasped in surprised.

“Crush? You have a crush on someone in our class?” Eunna asked and she nodded her head.

“It has been a long time since I liked someone and just now I think I realized I like Chanyeol. He picked up my book which it fell when I went to take the books at the locker.” Hana said with her cheeks all blushed up.

Sigh… why do my friends like someone who I used to like and who is now related to me?

 

Walking to the bus stop waiting for the bus, I take out my phone when I felt vibration from it.

It was a call from Joohyuk and how the heck do I answer it when the girls are still with me?

I stepped back a bit and answer the call, hoping they won’t come near me.

 

“Hello.”

Hey, you finally answer my call.”

I’m sorry. What do you want?”

My mum’s here and she won’t leave until you come here. I lied to her that you’re staying back at school but she said until you come, she will not leave me.”

Then, what am I supposed to do? Go back there and wait for her to leave then I can go back home?”

“Is that troublesome for you? She’ll ask me a lot of questions if you don’t come here. She insisted on waiting.”

I’ll go now then.”

Sorry for bothering you, Soomin.”

Not a problem.” I answered and end the call.

 

“Hana,” I hold her hand and whispered to her ears.

“I want to meet my friend from high school. She needs my help with her current project. Is it okay if you go back home by yourself?” I asked and she pouted her bottom lips.

“It’s so embarrassing to enter your house without you.” She answered.

“I’ll wait for you until you finish.” She insisted and I don’t know what to answer.

“I’m going to her house though.” I told her.

“Then, I shall go with you. I don’t see the problem. She’s a girl too.” Hana replied and it seems that I am already acting suspicious.

“She’s the kind of girl that doesn’t like anyone step into her house.” I lied and she nodded.

“Then, I’ll wait outside the building.” She said and only god knows how fast my heart is beating.

“I won’t be long.” I said and we parted ways with the girls.

“Isn’t this the way you always take after school?” Hana asked when we walk down the slope.

I gulped hard the nth time and nod my head, “I walked this way because there’s an ice-cream here which is my favorite. It’s so hard to find that elsewhere.” I lied and she linked her arm with mine.

“That ice cream must be so delicious then. Let’s grab that ice-cream before we go back.” She beamed with excitement and I agreed.

Reaching to the apartment, I told Hana I wouldn’t take long and will be back in a few minutes.

“I’ll call you if there’s anything.” I said and went to the elevator up.

 

I keyed in the password to our house and was greeted by Joohyuk’s mum.

“Oh look whose back home.” She walked to me and took my bag down.

“Have you had your dinner?” She asked and I quickly take my shoes off.

“Not yet, maybe later.” I told her carefully and saw Joohyuk sleeping on the couch.

“I couldn’t leave him alone here. He’s still limping when walking.” She holds my hand and explains herself.

“Oh, of course.” I said and she told me to change out my uniform to home clothes before having dinner with her.

I couldn’t say no to that because my stomach is already begging for food. I quickly change my clothes and went straight to the dinner table where she cooked a lot of food.

“Wow, that’s a lot of food.” My eyes sparkled and she laughed with a smile.

“I hope you like it. Your mum told me you love meat so much. Eat a lot then.” She scoops a bowl full of rice for me and I was ready to eat.

 

After spending nearly 20 minutes on dinner, I finally finish my meal and Joohyuk’s mum looked so happy as she doesn’t stop smiling. It doesn’t feel weird since it felt like mum is with me.

“I’m so happy you ate well, Soomin.” She said and I helped clear the table.

“Thanks for the food.” I said and she held my hand.

“Please call me mum.” She said and if I choke again, it would sound rude.

“Thanks, mum.” I said and she nods her head pleased.

“I’ll go now. You don’t have to wake Joohyuk up.” She takes her bag and quietly leave the house, not telling Joohyuk who was sound asleep.

“He just took his medicine and I think that’s why he’s deep asleep.” She told me before leaving the house.

I went back to my room and draw the curtain a bit to see whether Hana is still outside the building and it turns out she is still standing there.

Joohyuk’s mum walked past her and she went to her parked car.

“Should I wake him up?”

---

 

 

“Students, gather up!” Mr. Han called and we quickly gather around him.

“We will be having a competition with our dear business volunteer course. They will be here any minute now and we will play soccer for the guys and volleyball for the ladies.” Mr. Han explained.

“Since you guys are still in the first year, the lecturers want you guys to mix around with other classes too. Don’t only mix with the engineering students alright?” He reminded and the hall became noisy when the business students enter.

“Group yourself up and we’ll begin the match in 10 minutes.”

I paired up with the usual guys and from afar I saw Joohyun with his friends’ chit chatting away.

“Hey, I think we’re going play against Joohyun.” Jisoo walked up to me when he saw Joohyun from the other side too.

“Let’s see who’s going to win.” I looked at Joohyun who then looked at me and he stick his tongue out at me.

“How dare he stick his tongue at me?” I chuckled and went back with my team.

“We aren’t going to make those weaklings lose!” Kai shouted as we did our cheer and the girls cheered for us as well except for Soomin who is playing with her phone.

Why is it so hard to catch her attention?

“Alright, Engineering team 1 and business team 1, step up now.” Mr. Han and Mr. Oh blew his whistle and the game started.

It was a close match between the 2 classes but we managed to score a goal before the 1st game end. We took a short break and returned back to the field for the second round.

But then, a ball flew just behind Joohyun and I screamed bloody murder to him but he couldn’t hear. The ball hit his face right before he wanted to walk forward and everyone gathered around him.

 

 

“Joohyun!” I called his name and shot up, waking up from my dream.

“Oh god, you scared me.” Soomin was sitting on the other sofa with her laptop on her lap.

“Are you okay?” She asked, putting the laptop down.

“Have some water.” She walked to the kitchen and came back with water on her hand. She gave it to me and I have a little sip.

“Did you have a nightmare?” She asked me with her puppy eyes.

“Not a nightmare.” I answered and sit up straight, wiping the sweat on my forehead.

“You’re sweating.” She passed me a tissue but I didn’t respond to her. She took my hand away and sticks the tissue on my forehead.

“Wipe your sweat.” She said.

Damn, I thought she would wipe it for me if I didn’t respond to her or something.

“How long have you been here? Where’s mum?” I asked.

“It has been half an hour since I’ve been here and your mum left 30 minutes ago.” She answered and closes her laptop.

“She told me not to wake you up but since you’re up, I’ll go now.” She stood up but I grab her hand.

“Do you need to go?” I asked and she gulped.

“Hana’s downstairs. I told her I will come down soon.” She answered and I let her hand go.

“When will you come back?” I questioned and grab her bag.

“I’ll come back tomorrow night.” She smiled and put on her bag.

“I’ve heat up the food for you. Eat your dinner before your medicine.” She said and I wanted to stand up but she pushes my shoulder down back.

“Do you want me to call Jisoo to accompany you?” She asked but only god knows that I don’t want Jisoo but her.

“It’s okay. Have fun back home. I’ll see you tomorrow then.” I said and she waved goodbye before leaving the apartment.

I draw the living room curtain slightly to see outside and I saw her walking towards Hana. Soomin looked up and smile at me before she disappears.

“Why can’t she take the hint that I want her to stay with me?” I threw myself down at the couch and turn on the television.

“Should I ask Jisoo over?”

 

Before I could have the chance to grab my phone on the table, the doorbell rang and I rushed to the door, thinking it’s Soomin who has forgotten something but nope.

“Hey, bro.” Jisoo appeared and bring his hand up that is holding chicken and beer.

“This is the best time to have this.” He said and I let him in.

“Tsk, why can’t you be born as a girl and be my girlfriend?” I locked his neck with my arm and he did the same to me.

---

 

 

“Do you need to go?”

“Hana’s downstairs. I told her I will come down soon.”

“When will you come back?”

“I’ll come back tomorrow night.”

 

“What do you think we need to put next?” Hana asked. We were doing our project on my floor bedroom when I spaced out thinking about just now evening.

I feed myself a piece of half cut strawberry and stare at the wall of Big Bang’s poster.

“Jung Soomin, can you not dream already?” Hana clapped her hands in front of me and I snapped out from my day-dreaming.

“Sorry, you were saying?” I said and munch on the strawberry.

“We’ve searched about the suitable design for the pipes and I’ve put it on one of the slides. What should we put next?” Hana asked again.

“I don’t know. What should we put?” I drank my hot coffee and Hana turn her body and look at me as if I did a huge mistake.

“I’m bored. Tomorrow’s Saturday! Do we still want to think about schoolwork?” I grumble and munch another strawberry.

Hana clapped her hands and laughed, “Oh my god, I can’t believe a GPA 4 student says that she’s bored doing schoolwork.”

Hana saved the project and close the laptop. She reached out for the fruit fork and lean on the bed side beside me.

“What shall we do then?” She asked which left me unable to answer.

“I don’t want to do anything. I just want to stare at the poster and eat the fruits.” I sighed yet not stopping munching on the delicious sweet fruits.

“Shall we talk about our crush?” Hana suggested and all I can do is sigh again.

“When Mrs. Lee told us to take out our book and my book isn’t with me, I quickly rush out to the locker then I was rushing and the book drop. Before I could bend down to take it, Chanyeol came and pass the book to me. Then he looked down at me and he smiles.” Hana told me with full of excitement but I couldn’t help to just listen and not do anything.

She clapped near my face again and I immediately hit her leg. “Stop clapping! I heard you.”

“Are you okay? Why are you always spacing out?” She questioned and lean towards me.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” She asked.

“Stop talking nonsense.” I reply back and she doesn’t seem like she buy my answer.

“Are you sure you’re not in a relationship?” She glared at me as if she knows something.

“Who wants to be in a relationship with me?” I push her away and eat another piece of strawberry.

“Quit eating the strawberry! I want some too!” She grabbed the last strawberry and happily put it in .

Thank god you’re my closest friend, Hana. If not, I would’ve kicked you out by now.

---

 

 

“Haru called me just now.” I told Jisoo as I take a huge bite of the chicken.

Jisoo choked and gulp down the cola.

“Are you the one who give my number to her?” I asked and he quickly shook her head.

“I wouldn’t do that.” He answered.

“Well, you would. You gave my number to a total stranger, why wouldn’t you give my number to a classmate then.” I couldn’t believe him.

“I swear to every god out there, I wasn’t the one who give the number.” He answered and look at me for a second before he added, “Did she get your number from the class group?”

“She wouldn’t know it’s me. I didn’t even put my photo as my picture.” I fought back and gave him my death stare.

“I swear I wasn’t the one. I didn’t talk to the girls the whole day.” Jisoo stood for his right and both of us continue to eat the chicken. Then, as if both of us could read each other’s mind, we both looked up to each other and gasped.

“Is Soomin the one who gave?” Both of us said at the same time and my shoulder dropped.

“Did she really?” Not only had my chicken dropped, my shoulder dropped as well.

“Haru told me it was you who told her I’m sick.” I said to Jisoo when I remembered that sentence.

“I told her you’re sick?” Jisoo swallow his chicken and try to remember what happened as he drank his cola.

“I told you I didn’t talk with the girls.” He said and then put his index finger up.

“Mrs. Lee told me what’s wrong with you after she checked the attendance and why didn’t you come for the 2 days and I answered you’re not feeling well.” He added.

“Tsk, she is such a liar.” Jisoo shook his head in disappointment and take a piece of radish.

I believed what he said but I couldn’t help to think that whether or not Soomin was the one who gave my number to her.

“When should we start our project?” Jisoo asked and clean up the meal after all the chicken and side dishes are gone.

“As soon as possible.” I answered and Jisoo stood up, walking to the kitchen, not allowing me to clean the mess up.

“Oh bro, I think someone left something for you.” Jisoo said and I stand up straight, running to the kitchen.

“What?” I asked and he gave a white post-it to me.

 

Mum said you should drink this before going to sleep but after you ate your medicine.

 

“Mum!” I yelled when I read the paper from Soomin.

“She called my mum, mum!” I jumped around, forgetting about my injuries on my leg.

I hugged Jisoo’s neck and he jumped around, totally responding to how excited I was.

“Soomin called your mum, mum!” Jisoo shouted and it went on for a few seconds before Jisoo stopped and asked me.

“If she just called your mother mum, what did she call her before this?” Jisoo asked a very good question.

“She called her Joohyuk’s mum.” I answered and Jisoo jumped again, together with me.

“JUNG SOOMIN CALLED JOOHYUK’S MUM, MUM!”

---

 

 

“No, 96, No. 97 and No.98, please report to the headmaster’s meeting room in a minute.” I heard the announcement and I quickly ran to the meeting room together with 2 guardians.

“Do the 3 of you know why you’re called here?” He asked with his back facing us.

Together we answered no and he turned around with his supporting cane.

“3 of you have served being a guardian for a year and 2 months now.” He said, walking towards and took a sit.

“It’s time to decide whether or not to continue being a guardian. The longest guardian here is 3 years and it has become shorter and shorter since years gone by. I won’t stop if you guys want to continue but I don’t want you guys to suddenly stop without notice and go find out about your past.” He reminds and told us to sit.

“No. 98, I was informed that you have not been feeling well and was forbid to go to the world for 3 days.” He told me and I nodded in respond.

“That is a good news for you if you want to stop being a guardian but a bad news if you want to continue.” He said and I agree.

“So, do you have your answer now whether or not to continue or to stop?” He asked.

I looked up at him, “I am still guiding my current human, headmaster.”

“I’ll take that as a yes you want to continue then.” He asked the other 2 the same questions and we were dismissed then.

“I can’t take it anymore.” No.96 said as soon as we left the head’s room.

“Why?” No.97 asked.

“I just got to know the truth behind me guiding my current human. I am indirectly guiding her brother because he’s the one who having a bad life.” No.96 said and sighed.

“How did you know about that?” I asked and both of ears perked up.

“I saw my report on Senior Im’s table.” He replied.

“Why indirectly guiding? Why can’t you just guide her brother?” I asked.

“I don’t know that reason yet.” He replied and disappeared into this air.

“I didn’t know that indirect guiding exists.” No.97 said before he disappears too.

 

I took the chance to go to the secret human communication room to see whether or not the cloud could respond to me this time.

I snapped my fingers and it appears then I told it Soomin’s information and it took a while before I could see her staring at her wall.

“Hey, human.” I called out to her and she looked up.

“Spirit?” She whispered in the dark.

“Who’s that beside you?” I asked, looking at the person lying next to her but couldn’t see well.

“I’m back home until tomorrow. She’s my friend. Where are you?” Soomin asked, looking around the room.

“Did anything bad happen?” I ignored her question and jump straight to mine.

“Joohyuk was involved with an accident 2 days ago, which is the 3rd day of my dark days.” She answered.

“Can I ask you something?” She asked and I told her to go on.

“Why did Joohyuk’s name appear on the paper instead of mine? I thought you told me it was me having the dark days.” She asked and I gave myself time to think as well but nothing seems reasonable.

“I don’t know why.” I answered and she pouts out her lower lips.

“Luckily it wasn’t a serious accident.” She said as she hugged her pink teddy bear.

“When are you going to come here? I want you to tell me about what’s going to happen like you used to do.” She said and it honestly touched my heart.

“I’ll come to you when I can. But for now, be careful.” I immediately snap my fingers before I was asked questions that I couldn’t answer.

“Seems like your human and you bond are strong enough.” Senior Kim said as I open the door and walked out.

“Senior Kim, you’re here.” I said and close the door.

“Were you going to talk to your human?” I asked but he shook his head and followed me.

“How did you make her bond with you strong?” He asked looking all curious.

“I don’t know. She didn’t like me when I first approach her but I think she grew on me and she anticipates my presence every time.” I answered but he doesn’t look like he would buy that.

“It’s not easy to click with a total stranger.” He said then disappears.

“It’s not easy to click with a total stranger?” I asked myself and teleported back to my room.

Only a few hours till I can enter the world again, be patient self.

---

 

 

“Are you going to stay the night?” I asked Jisoo in the middle of the game that we’re playing.

“Do you want me to?” He asked totally going hard on the game.

“Only if your parents allow you.” I replied totally focusing on the game.

“Bro, I am a grown adult. Of course they’ll allow me.” Jisoo put down the controller and ask me to stop.

“Give me something comfortable to wear. Wearing uniform the whole day isn’t comfortable.” He said and I told him to search my wardrobe himself.

“What time is Soomin coming back tomorrow?” He asked as I check on my phone.

“At night.” I answered and he threw his uniform on the floor.

“Does it feel weird now that you have a wife?” Jisoo asked a very strange yet honest question that I couldn’t ask myself.

“I don’t feel anything different but except for the fact I am living with the girl I like.” I answered and Jisoo shouted saying that it is cheesy.

“Oh my goodness!” He laughed and quickly sat beside me.

“Do you remember during our 1st year when the girls thought you liked Haru and how they wanted to help you to get Haru?” Jisoo said and it was still crystal clear in my mind.

“That time the girls always surround you except for Soomin. She doesn’t even seem interested.” He added and it was true.

“It’s so hard to catch her attention. I don’t know what I should do to make her know my feelings towards her.” I said but Jisoo shook his head.

“You’ve given her too much hints that you like her but she still doesn’t know. Maybe if you stay away from her and not talk to her, she’ll start to miss you.” Jisoo suggested.

“Even if I stay away from her, she won’t talk to me first.” I told him and he sighed long enough.

“Then, you should try your best.” He said and grab my controller.

“Let’s play games that can kill other characters.” He changed the soccer game to a violent game.

---

 

 

“Thanks for allowing me to stay here for 4 days.” Hana bowed to my parents before she leave the house.

“That’s not a problem, Hana. Soomin is always here to help you.” Mum said and Hana left the house when her parents arrived downstairs.

“See you in school, Soomin.” She waved goodbye and I close the door.

“Aren’t you going back home?” Dad asked as soon as I took a sit down.

“This is my home.” I said but he shook his head.

“Home is where your husband is.” He giggled and mum walked to the living room with 2 bottles of thermos.

“Dad.” I rolled my eyes at him and he laughed again.

“Honey, come sit down here and tell her about how we met.” Dad motioned mum to sit beside him and she sat down.

“We met-“ Mum started but I continue it for her.

“-as enemies and fell in love when dad helped you with carrying volleyball balls when you got punished to clean up the hall by yourself.” I said.

“So you remembered.” Mum and dad laughed and as me to quickly rush back home to Joohyuk.

“You shouldn’t leave your husband when he’s sick.” Mum said and gave my bag to me.

“I’m disappointed in both of you.” I said and stand up.

“You’re not supposed to be disappointed in us.” Dad said and both of them stand at the door when I’m about to leave.

“I’ll call you.” I waved them goodbye and mum keep reminding me to give the drink to Joohyuk in hope he could get better.

---

 

“Is she coming back anytime soon?” Jisoo asked.

“Why do you look like you’re excited more than I am?” I asked back, totally glaring at him.

“Of course I’m excited that she’s finally back so I can go home and feed my cat.” He answered and rush to the door as soon as he heard the door.

“You’re back!” He yelled in excitement and Soomin jumped in shocked.

“Oh my god.” She laughed and closes the door.

“Were you here from yesterday?” She asked Soomin and both of them head to the kitchen, totally not acknowledging my existence.

“Yeah, I stayed over because Joohyuk asked me to.” Jisoo laughed.

“I did not ask you to.” I yelled back, fighting for my useless rights.

Soomin giggled and open the fridge door.

“My mum gave you this traditional herb drink saying that it’s helpful for broken bones.” She said and put the bottles inside the fridge.

“Make sure to drink it finish.” Jisoo added, being extra.

“I’ll go back home now, Soomin. I have to feed my baby Money.” Jisoo finally said that sentence and Soomin asked whether Money is a dog.

“She’s a cat.” Jisoo winked and left the house without saying bye to me.

“How could he left without saying bye to me.” I complained and Soomin walked to the living room asking how my nose is.

“It’s still painful.” I answered and lay back down the couch.

“I have something to tell you.” She asked and went to change her clothes before sitting back in the living room.

I prepare my heart and my ears before she’s here and I quickly rush to the freezer to grab my ice-cream.

“What do you want to tell me?” I asked, opening the tub of ice-cream as soon as she sat down with her glass of iced water.

“I think by now you’ve already know.” She said and it reminded me of whether or not she’s the one who gave me number to Haru.

“What is it about?” I asked, be careful not to mention Haru’s name just in case she isn’t talking about Haru.

“Mrs. Lee change the project due date to 2 days before the original date.” She said and thank god I didn’t mention Haru’s name.

“Really? There’s not much time then.” I answered, still waiting for her to say something else.

“Umm…” She starts but stopped when she looked at me.

“What?” I pretended to not know anything and kept looking at her.

“Do you have anything to tell me?” She said with her big eyes looking at me.

How can I stay focus? What did she say just now? I didn’t hear. Oh god, focus Joohyuk. Nope, you can’t focus when she looked at you like that.

“Did you hear what I said?” She waved at me and I snapped out.

“What were you saying?” I asked her again and she faces in front, to where the television was.

I turned her shoulder, facing me again.

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t hear what you said when you looked at me like that.” I told her honestly and she gulped hard before asking me the question again.

“Do you have anything to tell me?” She asked again and I knew this time it’s going to be about Haru.

“Haru called me yesterday.” I said and she nods as if she wants to know more about it.

“Were you the one who gave my number to her?” I finally asked it! You did great, Joohyuk. You did great.

Soomin shook her head and drank her water, “She asked from Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Lee gave it to her without any question asked.”

“Mrs. Lee gave it to her?” My eyes went wide open and she nod again.

“Did you think I was the one who gave her your number?” She said and I immediately nodded as I spoon myself the double chocolate ice-cream.

“I thought you were the one.” I said.

“I would if she asked me.” She answered and I choke on the ice-cream.

She looked up and laughed, patting my back and gave me a sip of her water.

“Will you really?” I asked her and she nod her head.

Guys, did you hear that? Yup, you’re right. That’s the sound of my heart breaking into million pieces.

“Why? Should I not?” She looked at me with her big eyes again.

“You better not.” I finish her water and put it down.

“I don’t want my number on any girls’ phone except for you.” I directly said that to her but she laughed.

“Well, I bet there are a lot of girls out there that has your number.” She said.

“This conversation is going nowhere.” I feed myself another spoon of ice-cream and we stayed silent for a minute before I heard her stomach growling.

---

 

 

The weekend past and I am finally going to school after a few days taking absent. I always remind my damn self to be more careful about my nose. I think both mum and Soomin’s mum herb drink helped with my broken nose. It doesn’t hurt as much as last week.

“I made breakfast, wanna eat?” Soomin say as soon as I left my room after getting ready for school.

“Of course, who wouldn’t want to?” I put down my bag and sat quickly at the dinner table.

“Thank you for the food.” I said and both of us dig in to start our day right.

“Did you cook this?” I asked.

“I only cook the egg roll. The others are from the next door neighbor, your mum and my mum.” She said and scoops a full spoon of rice.

---

 

 

“Soomin, I want to ask you something.” Eunna grab my hand and we separated from the girls when we are walking to the café for tea break.

“What?” I asked and she looked like she wanted to dig my darkest secret hidden in me.

“Joohyuk came with you just now.” She said and I knew it.

“So?” I replied back, totally calm.

“If Haru saw you with him, she’ll be heart broken.” She said and I knew she’s going to react that way.

“Eunna, you and the girls need to grow up.” I told her and she gasped in surprised.

“The world doesn’t revolve around you girls. I saw Joohyuk down the hallway when I’m walking to class. It seems like we were walking together but we’re not.” I lied to protect the secret.

“Don’t tell me that she’s going to be heartbroken. If she likes him, she’ll tell him instead of telling her friends not to get close to Joohyuk.” I fought myself and turn back to the classroom instead of going to the café with them.

I am not going to play with their stupid games anymore.

---