Thank you

3 Signs : You have a bad life.

3 signs you have a bad life

 Chapter 10 – Thank you.

---

 

“Jung Soomin.” Mrs. Lee called out my name and I stood up with everyone turned around looking at me. Damn, this anxiety is real.

 “I’m Jung Soomin.” I introduce my name and stayed silent afterwards.

“Alright, do some self-introduction remember?” Mrs. Lee reminded but I couldn’t think of anything.

“There’s nothing much to know.” I said then sat back down.

“You should have said something about yourself.” Seohyun whispered to me but really, I couldn’t think of anything else.

 

Lunch time came and I walked to the cafeteria with Seohyun. She was my friend of 3 years and I am so lucky to have her with me because it is so hard for me to mix around and make new friends.

“Hey, she’s the no expression girl.” I heard a girl say behind my back and as they walk, I recognized their faces. They were laughing and giving me stares that were so uncomfortable.

“Hey, that’s our classmate, Eunna.” Seohyun pointed out and wanted to go to them but I pull her wrist.

“I don’t want to go with them.” I said but she didn’t listen to what I said and kept walking towards them.

I clearly heard they called me the no expression girl and that wasn’t nice. They were even laughing about it. What’s so funny about not having an introduction to say about myself?

“Hey, can we join you girls?” Seohyun pulled me towards them and they did a scan from head to toe and I swear if I could flip a table, I would.

“Sure, we’re classmates after all.” The girl who’s named Eunna said and we sat down.

“You’re Soomin aren’t you?” She held out her hands and I look up.

“I’m Eunna. I’m sure by now you know what our names are.” She said and I shook her hands.

“Smile, will you?” She and the others laugh.

Insecurities insecurities insecurities.

 

Lunch time ended and I just kept quiet all the way. At first, yes they were mean to me but as time goes on, I was able to pick my confidence up and face them without having anxiety.

One of the things I hate about having friends is those friends that are flirty and noisy. They were normal when we’re around each other but in class, where all the boys are around, they begin laughing and talk so loudly.

They even took another step to act like they were in pain just to get the guys attention. Among all of them, thank god one was normal. The normal one is Hana and I was able to click with her easily since she hated the girls’ attitude as well.

 

It has been 3 months since we started schooling and the class went chaos when everybody was saying that Joohyuk likes Haru. Well, I don’t see the lie though. Which guys won’t like Haru? She’s so friendly, caring, kind and hardworking. She’s really pretty as well.

“Haru, your boyfriend is here.” Eunna beamed in excitement when Joohyuk and the guys enter the class.

The 4 of them were looking at Joohyuk as if they were waiting for Joohyuk to approach Haru but never did.

“Aren’t they being over right now?” Hana whispered to me while we watch the girls laughing away.

“They’re totally being over. Joohyuk doesn’t look like he even cares.” I answered and Hana agreed.

 

We have 2 hours before the next lesson began and we decide to kill time at the student activity center where most of the college student spent time while waiting for their next class.

“Let’s play truth or dare.” Eunna suggested right after we sat down together on the floor.

They agreed and I had no other choice but to agree as well. They chose the order by putting a water bottle in the middle of the circle and whoever the cap points to have to choose between truth or dare.

The first it pointed to was Haru and she picked truth.

“So, do you really like Joohyuk?” Eunna asked and Haru blushed. Her cheeks are rosy red and it looks like her answer is yes.

Haru nodded and wanted to move on but Seohyun asked her another question.

“What if Joohyuk likes another person in our group? What will you do?” She asked and that turned Haru’s smile upside down.

“Who would he want to like?” Haru eyes every one of us and laughed. She spun the bottle and the next person it pointed to was me.

“Soomin, do you have anyone you like in our class?” Eunna asked and Haru looked at me as if sending me a warning not to say Joohyuk’s name.

“Nope, who is there for me to like?” I chuckled and the game goes on.

---

Day 2 of day 3…

 

After last lesson ended, I walked back with Hana, discussing about our project that has to be in next 2 weeks. I was the one of the first to leave the class with Hana while the others were taking their time to pack their bags.

“Why are you rushing?” Hana asked, indirectly asking me to wait for the girls.

“I don’t want to take a bus packed of people. If we go now, we will be able to sit.” I lied and then my phone vibrated.

It was a message from Joohyuk.

I slide open and read the message that he sent.

Have fun at your parents’ house. I’ll see you tomorrow.’

I turn my head slightly behind and saw Joohyuk walking with Jisoo. He wasn’t looking at me but Jisoo was.

Jisoo waved and I responded with a slight smile.

 

Reached back home, I am thankful that my parents were so cool about me lying to my friend that I am still living under one roof with my parents. They both were normal and didn’t ask a lot of questions.

Thanks mum and dad.

“Auntie, the milkshake you did for Soomin yesterday was nice!” Hana suddenly dropped a huge bomb in front of me while we were preparing for dinner. I gulped and quickly look at my mum, sending her hints to act like she made the milkshake for me.

“Mi-milkshake?” She stuttered and Hana beamed.

“Oh of course, milkshake are delicious.” Mum acted and that relieved me for a while.

“You can make us milkshake tomorrow too right?” I asked mum and she quickly nod.

“Oh course, we have different types of ice-cream.” She smiles from ear to ear as she turns off the stove.

“Oh, so the mango milkshake was from ice-cream? Soomin made me taste a little and it tasted so fresh.” Hana remembered every single detail of that milkshake.

“Oh, we ran out of fresh fruits. I can buy fruits later if you guys want to.” She said and Hana shook her head.

“It’s okay.” Hana answered and the 4 of us sat down for dinner together.

---

 

 

A long day consists of school and practical lesson has ended. I am taking license to ride a motorbike and everything has been going well. No one knows about me getting a license except for Jisoo. He already has a motorbike and it made me jealous a little bit.

Having a bike is one of my many goals in life. Just imagine riding the bike to school every morning and go back home riding it. Damn, it’s even more fun even I could bring Soomin around with that beast!

“YA!” Jisoo clapped his hand in front of me and I went back to reality.

“What are you dreaming about?” He asked, shaking his head.

He met up with me after I finish the practical lesson saying that he wanted to have dinner.

“I told her about Joohyun.” I said and Jisoo nodded his head but looked at me afterwards with his curious slanted eyes.

“Her? Which her are you talking about?” He asked, obviously lying.

“Her, the girl who was your partner during P.E yesterday.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“What did she say about him?” Jisoo replied, serious this time.

“She asked me whether have I visited Joohyun and I said no.” I took a long sigh and Jisoo pouted his bottom lips.

“She’s right. You should go visit him. Bring me along too! Damn, I miss Joohyun.” He said and I knew what he felt.

As a twin, I grew up almost every day with him and there’s nothing that we don’t know about each other. These 7 months felt empty even though Jisoo is still around with me.

“You want to know something, bro?” Jisoo elbowed me as we enter the small shop that serves grilled seafood.

“What?” I replied but he stays silent for a while.

“Hey, what did you want to tell me?” I asked him back and he lean towards my side and whispered to me.

“I asked Soomin this important question on your behalf and I hope you won’t chop my head up and give it to the piranhas.” He said and I knuckled his forehead.

“Soomin’s favorite singers are Big Bang.” He whispered and what? Why does he need to whisper that to me when it doesn’t sound like a secret at all?

“Aish!” He glared at him and feed myself a slice of kimchi but he still doesn’t get it.

“How is that important?” I said and he shook his head.

“How can you say that it’s not important? Knowing a girl’s favorite group is like a ticket to her heart. If you want her to like you, you’ll have to like Big Bang!” Jisoo argued and it sounds legit.

He chuckled and shook his head again, “What do you even know about girls?

---

 

 

“Thanks for letting me stay in your house for these 4 days.” Hana said when we finally lay down on my bed, watching my ceiling that is filled with glow in the dark stars and moon stickers.

“I should help when a friend is in need.” I said and she sat up.

“Should I tell you something?” She asked and I sat up too, facing her.

“What? What is it about? Spill it.” I told her and she took a deep breath.

“Please do not tell the other girls about this.” Hana begged and I nodded my head.

“Haru called me yesterday right before I wanted to enter my dream. Damn, I felt so tired yesterday but she called me after I felt comfortable to go to sleep.” She dragged on the story but I kept on listening.

“Is it about how happy she is being able to partner up with Joohyuk?” I interrupted her and she was shock.

“Did Haru called you as well?” She asked and I shook my head.

“I knew it. What else could she be calling you in the middle of the night for?” I answered and lay back down.

“She said it was like a dream come true for her. She may not look like she’s excited but inside she was jumping up and down.” Hana continued and I just kept nodding my head.

“She felt bad when she threw the ball and it landed on Joohyuk’s face.”

 

“SOOMIN!” I heard Joohyuk shouting on top of his voice.

“Help me!” He shouted again asking for help.

“What do you want?” I went to the toilet where he was and his nose was bleeding.

“My nose is bleeding.” He looked like he’s in deep pain.

“You’re fine. It’s just blood.” I said, opening the tap for him.

“Just blood you say? It suddenly bleeds when I want to wash my face.” He hissed in pain and I push his head down to the sink.

“Wash your nose then.” I said and grab as much tissue as possible.

“I’m going to sue your best friend that’s for sure.” He complained again even though he was washing his nose under the cold water.

 

Hana kept on talking but I remembered what happened yesterday at home and without me knowing, I was smiling.

“Soomin, why are you smiling?” Hana clicked her fingers near my face and it woke me up.

“Smile? Who is smiling?” I mentally slapped my cheeks and told myself to get my together. This is not the time to be smiling, Jung Soomin.

“You were smiling all the way when I was talking.” Hana said as she lay back down.

“I want to know the feeling of liking someone too. It has been a long time since I had a crush on someone.” Hana told me as both of us fell asleep not long after.

 

Day 2 of day 3 ended on a good side. Thank god.

---

 

 

It’s nearly 1 in the morning and I couldn’t sleep at all. I tossed and turned but still I couldn’t sleep. What’s wrong with me?

I grabbed my phone that was charging on my nightstand and unlock it to see whether there are any calls or messages but there was nothing.

“This girl.” I threw my phone back and lay back down.

“Why can’t she just reply my text back?” I turn to my side and try to close my eyes but still, sleep wouldn’t just come to me.

“You’re tired, Joohyuk. You’re tired.” I convinced myself but I shot up sitting again and grabbed my phone again.

 

“How can you say that it’s not important? Knowing a girl’s favorite group is like a ticket to her heart. If you want her to like you, you’ll have to like Big Bang!”

 

I searched about Big Bang on the internet and wow there’s a lot of news about them.

“T.O.P, G-dragon, Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri.” I said out the members name out loud.

“Why do girls like this group?” I scroll down their pictures trying to answer that question myself but I didn’t find anything special about them.

“Hmm…” I clicked one each member’s profile to guess who is Soomin’s favorite member but I couldn’t guess. This is way too difficult than a test or an exam.

“Aye, whatever!” I threw my phone back and lay down with my eyes wide open.

 

Your milkshake was delicious.”

 

My mind suddenly decides to play her voice again and again.

“Aish, this is driving me crazy!” I threw my pillow and walked out of the room.

It’s 1.01 in the morning and I am wide awake, standing in front of an open fridge, wondering what am I doing right now.

“She said my milkshake was delicious.” I said and began to search for any fruits or veggies that I can make a smoothie with.

“Frozen berries, spinach and yogurt.” I take out the ingredient one by one as I lay it down on the counter.

“These will do.” I clean the spinach put them in the blender gifted to me from my auntie and blend them together at 1 in the freaking morning.

It took me just 5 minute to finish mine and Soomin’s and I finished it up by freezing both of the smoothies in the bottle and in it goes into the fridge.

“See you tomorrow morning.” I closed the door and go back to bed, hopefully I can sleep this time.

---

 

Day 3 of day 3.

 

I had a nice sleep but it only lasted 6 hours. I woke up suddenly when it’s 5 in the morning. Hana was sound asleep and I couldn’t go back to sleep again. This hasn’t happen to me in a long time.

I stood up and go to my room toilet as I wash my face and look in the mirror.

“Why do I look wide awake?” I began to brush my teeth and something reminded me about the spirit.

“He told me these 3 days will be my darkest days but why does everything seem normal?” I spat out and rush back to my room, searching my bag for the piece of paper.

“It is still clean. Did I miss what it says?” I wondered but spirit told me to open it up whenever my heart tells me too but everything has been fine these 2 days.

According to spirit, today will be the last day of the 3 days and I hope today will be better than yesterday. I left the room and find my mother and helper is in the kitchen.

“Are you already awake or you haven’t sleep yet?” Mum asked when she saw me walking towards the kitchen counter.

“I’m already fresh awake.” I said looking at them.

“What are you doing early in the morning?” I asked as mum brushes her hands off her apron.

“I wanted to make you your favorite breakfast.” She put her hands on my shoulder and looks at me. I feel loved for a second.

“I’m sorry I agreed to marry you off at such a young age, Soomin. I was selfish but everything happens for a reason.” She caressed my hair as if she knew what I was feeling.

“It isn’t bad as I thought mum. I am very thankful you, dad and his parents don’t force us to sleep together.” I told her honestly and she nodded her head.

“Marriage isn’t all about being intimate with each other. We want you guys to learn about each other and learn to love each other by yourself not by forcing.” She asked me to sit down with her.

“We have never force you and Joohyuk to like each other at first but maybe in the future you will have a little bit of feelings for him and that feelings will grow eventually.” She held my hands tight.

“Joohyuk is a nice guy.” She said and I nod, “Be nice to him and I am sure, he will be even nicer to my princess.” Mum smiled and gave me a hug.

That was everything that I needed. Even though it was an arranged marriage, I am thankful they didn’t force us to do the things that we don’t want to do.

Thank you, god.

---

 

 

I went out earlier than usual just because I want to reach the class before others so I can put the milkshake on Soomin’s table.

Thank god, everything went on as planned and I quickly left the class before anyone arrives. I waited for Jisoo at the school cafeteria while drinking my delicious milkshake.

“YA!” Jisoo shocked my from behind and if I could slap him hard right now, I could.

“You should make me one of those too!” He points to my milkshake and grab it from me.

“Berries, spinach and cherry yogurt?” He taste and list out the ingredients I used.

“I swear you know everything about me.” I told him and he laughed.

“Bro, I bought those ingredients man.” He laughed out loud and he bought a sandwich as he had it on the way to class.

“Are you staying back today?” Jisoo asked as he stuffs his mouth with the ham and cheese sandwich.

“Yes, Lydia told me she has the prototype of how the finish product looks like and she wanted me to test it before she makes the real one.” I answered, sipping the milkshake.

“Wow, it only took her a few weeks to be able to come out with a design?” Jisoo shook his head in amazed.

“Hey, it’s Haru. Why is she walking towards us when the class direction is on the other way?” Jisoo said when he saw Haru while we walk to the classroom.

I ignored what he said and sure enough Haru was really walking towards us. She stopped in front of me and looked up at me.

“Hi, Joohyuk.” She greeted and Jisoo wanted to walk away but I lock his neck with my arms and he stepped back, standing back right beside me.

“Good morning, Haru.” I greeted her back and it suddenly reminded me of my bruised bloody nose. It hurts.

“I’m sorry that I threw the ball at your face the other day.” She apologized and I touched the bridge of my nose.

“Oh, that’s not a big problem.” I wiggle my nose and smiled at her, “It’s not painful at all.” I lied and walked past her but she called my name.

I turned around, still locking Jisoo with my arms.

“Nothing.” She said and walked down the stairs.

Jisoo punched my stomach hard enough that I let out a little hiss.

“Damn son, this is going to be complicated. Did you see how red her face was?” Jisoo said, waving his hands in front of his face.

“Well, she’s definitely sorry that she ruined my handsome face.” I turned around back to the front and both of us enter the classroom.

---

 

 

We reached 5 minutes before lesson start and before Mrs. Lee locked the class. I walked towards my table and put down my bag. As I wanted to reach out for my book that I put under my desk, I felt something cold. I bend down to see what the heck did I touch and it was a bottle with a purple drink inside.

My heart, it feels like it’s going to burst anytime soon. I touched my heart and felt it beating so fast.

I sat back up straight and take a slight look at Joohyuk who was writing something on his book.

Did he make this for me? I asked myself and I locked eyes with Jisoo and he gave me a smile. Jisoo tapped Joohyuk on his shoulder but he slapped Jisoo’s fingers away.

Jisoo then whispered something to Joohyuk and Joohyuk looked up and our eyes met.

He winked and my heart, it’s beating fast again. This is dangerous.

I responded with a slight smile and face forward.

Relax, Soomin, relax. It’s just a milkshake. Why are you so carried away?

“Hey, what should we start with first?” Hana asked about the project but I couldn’t even hear anything right now.

“Soomin?” She called me and shook me left and right.

“Yes?” I calmed down a bit and looked at her but my attention went to Joohyuk who was chatting with Jisoo, locking Jisoo with his arm. Jisoo slapped him on his neck and he hissed in pain.

I chuckled and what? Did I just chuckle?

HOLY-MOTHER-OF-HEART, what is wrong with me? Did I just chuckle at both of them? Did I really do that?

I slapped my cheeks hard and Hana eyes widened.

“Are you okay?” She asked, grabbing my wrist so that I couldn’t slap my cheeks again.

“I don’t know. Am I okay?” I asked her back and my eyes turn to Joohyuk again who was laughing with Jisoo.

---

 

 

“Thanks for today, Joohyuk. You can go home.” Lydia took the shirt from me after I finished trying the prototype.

“Oh, can you come tomorrow as well?” She asked and I told her I couldn’t since I have something on tomorrow evening. She was cool about it and off I go back home.

Jisoo ended his soccer practice and went to meet up with me in front of the school.

“You want to know something, bro?” Jisoo asked, putting his arms over my shoulder.

“Your fortune says that you should be careful tonight.” He said and I touched his forehead.

“Can you stop with reading fortune already?” I said but he shook his head.

“One of these fortunes is real so we need to prepare ourselves.” He answered.

---

 

 

20 minutes ago…

 

We were having dinner but my heart feels like something is scratching it. Is this the warning that I have to open the paper from spirit? I asked permission from mum and dad to go to my toilet for a while, lying to them I had a sudden stomachache and I rushed to my bag as soon as I get in.

I grab the paper went locked myself in the toilet. I sat on the closed water closet and slowly open the paper. Slowly a black ink shows itself and it took ages to figure out what it wrote.

 

Accident

Nam Joohyuk

Wednesday, 8.00 P.M

 

 “Why is Joohyuk’s name here?” I was confused and close the paper and re-open it back but the writings are still the same.

“Why is it about someone else? Isn’t it supposed to be my dark days?” I closed the paper and tried re-opening it again but it is still the same.

I gulped and grab my phone that I put on the sink and dials Joohyuk’s number but it didn’t go through.

Its 7.40 P.M right now and it will happen 20 minutes from now. I searched for Jisoo’s number and tried calling him, thankfully it got through.

Hey what’s up, Soomin?” He answered.

“Hi, is Joohyuk with you?” I asked and he answered no.

You called me to ask for Joohyuk?” He giggled and I definitely understand why he giggled.

“Umm… I.” I didn’t know how what to answer him.

Do you want to know something? I read my fortune today and it says to be careful. Joohyuk’s fortune said to be careful too. Is that why you call me? You couldn’t get through Joohyuk and you’re worried whether he’s okay or not? Would you like me to read your fortune to see what it says?” He stated for straightforwardly.

“Umm…” I went blank for a moment. “Sure.”

Fall for someone who’s not your type.” He said and I nearly choked on my spit.

“Oh, that’s a weird fortune.” I answered and he laughed.

Is there anything I should convey to Joohyuk?” He asked.

“No, both of you be careful then. See you tomorrow.” I hung up the call and took a deep breath.

“What a weird friend.”

---

 

 

“Our journey for today ends here, my brother. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Jisoo bid goodbye as he went down the road to his apartment while I have to cross the traffic light. It was a busy peak hour and I bet almost everyone is coming back home from work.

I grabbed my phone that’s in my pocket and turn it on but the battery died.

“Damn it.” I crossed the road after looking left and right but then I heard a guy shouting.

“STUDENT, THERE’S A TRUCK COMING!”

---

 

 

“I think he’s okay right?” I paced up and down the toilet and look at my watch that showed 8 at night. What is this uneasy feeling I’m having?

Am I just paranoid or am I really feeling uneasy?

I received a text from Jisoo saying that Joohyuk went home safe after both of them parted ways at the traffic light. I read it and yes the content doesn’t sound worrying but I still couldn’t think straight.

I left the toilet, holding onto my phone real tight and walked back to the kitchen where my parents and Hana were talking.

“Are you okay?” Dad asked and I nod but only god knows how fast my heart is beating.

 

10 minutes later when we finished our delicious dinner, I was wiping the table when my phone rang. I quickly answer it and lock myself in the guest room.

Good evening, Miss. Jung. We’re calling from Seoul University hospital.” A lady greeted and I lay flat on the bed.

I knew this is going to happen.

I’m calling to let you know Mr. Nam Joohyuk was involved with a truck accident at 8 P.M today. I have contacted his parents but both of them are out of town and the next person in his profile is his wife.” She said and I gulped.

I’ll come down now. Thank you.” I took a deep breath and slowly open the door, calling my mum that was in the living room.

“What happened?” She asked, closing back the guest room door.

“I need to go to the hospital. Joohyuk was involved with an accident.” I told her and she gasped loudly, closing .

“Go now. I’ll tell Hana that you’ll help me to get something.” She ushered me out the room and I took my belongings and jacket and quickly leave the house.

 

Deep breathe in, deep breathe out, Soomin. You knew something bad is going to happen and it happened but not to you. Why did Joohyuk get injured these 3 days? It is supposed to be my dark days, not him.

I phone Jisoo and he immediately answers the call.

“Please do not get alarmed.” I told him so that he could at least be prepared.

What happened, Soomin?” He trembles.

“Joohyuk was involved in an accident. I just got a call from the hospital.” I told him and he gasped as he bombard me with questions.

“I’ll meet you at the counter. I’ll be reaching soon.” I told him and he agree.

 

After all the hassle at the information counter, me and Jisoo were sitting outside the operating room, waiting for any doctor to come out. The door slides open and a male doctor called out Joohyuk’s name.

“How’s my friend?” Jisoo immediately ask but the male doctor looked at me.

“You’re his wife?” He asked, totally judging me. I nod and he clicked his tongue.

“Luckily he doesn’t have any serious injuries but he broke his nose and his leg skidded on the road so his skin tore and there’s a lot of bleeding.” He explained.

“He should be fine. He’s being transferred to his ward right now. You can go and see him.” He smiles and walked off.

“He was showing off to Haru that his nose doesn’t hurt and now his nose really broke.” Jisoo’s mouth opened wide and he looked down at me.

“Let’s go.” He put his hand over my shoulder and led me to Joohyuk’s ward.

---

 

 

“Your nose will be fine in 2 weeks.” The nurse told me and put back the file in front of my bed.

“Damn, yesterday my nose bled and now it’s broken!” I cursed under my breath when she left the room.

“Bro!” I heard a familiar voice and I turn my attention to the door as I saw Jisoo and Soomin. I lay back down acting like I’m in pain.

“Ouch.” I grabbed my arm and closed my eyes, opening it slightly to see Soomin’s reaction.

“Doctor said you broke your nose, not your hand.” Jisoo walked over to me and hit me straight on my arm.

“Aish!” I shove him away and turn my attention to Soomin who looked blank.

“You’re alright?” I asked her.

“I’m fine. Is your nose broken?” She glanced at me with her eyes tight and worried.

“I’m fine but it hurts a lot.” I said and ask her to sit down.

“Didn’t I tell you to be careful just now?” Jisoo interrupted, shaking his head as if he could do something to change my fortune.

“What can I do if it’s meant to happen?” I answered.

---

 

I walked back after sending Jisoo back home since only 1 visitor is allowed after hours. I thank him for his help and I know without Jisoo, I couldn’t do anything since this is my first time going to hospital without my parents.

“Has he gone back?” Joohyuk asked munching on the biscuit the nurse gave him.

“Yeah, how did it happen?” I asked, curious but still my heart was pumping fast.

“I swear I was looking left and right before crossing the road when the light turns green but then I heard a guy shouting that there’s a truck coming and it hit me.” He explained and I feel sorry for him.

The paper is still a mystery. Why did the accident happen to him, not me?

“Soomin.” He called and reached out for my hand.

I looked up and tried to control my expression.

“Were you shocked when they called you?” He asked and I nod slightly.

“They called me 10 minutes after I had dinner.” I answered and he pouts out his lower lips.

“I’m sorry.” He said but I clicked my tongue and shook my head.

“You shouldn’t be. When will you be coming back to school?” I asked and he answered 2 days later.

“Your mum and dad knew about this. I’m sure tomorrow they’ll come.” I told him and he told me he knew.

“You should go back. It’s nearly 10 already.” He said, drinking his rice grain drink finish.

“Urgh, it taste like I’m drinking medicine.” He sticks his tongue out in disgust and I smiled.

“Do you want anything tomorrow? I’ll come after school.” I offered but all he did was smile.

“Joohyuk.” I called out his name and there goes my fast heartbeat again.

“You don’t have to buy me anything. You came and that’s enough.” He answered and there goes again my fast heartbeat.

Someone, save me.

“I’ll go now then.” I said and he pulls my wrist.

“Thank you, Soomin.” He said and I smile, closing the door and bid goodbye to him.

Day 3 of day 3 ended on a bad side.

---

 

 

Thursday came like a flash of lightning. I am waiting for the clock to reach 5 P.M and it felt like forever. Mum and dad dropped by but they went back home when I told them I wanted to be alone when Soomin comes. They totally agree and went back right before the clock strikes 5.

“How can you say that it’s not important? Knowing a girl’s favorite group is like a ticket to her heart. If you want her to like you, you’ll have to like Big Bang!”

“Big Bang? Yes, I need to act like I’m watching Big Bang!” I grabbed my phone and search their videos but my focus was at the door.

The door slides open and the first person I saw from the edge of my eyes was Soomin then I saw Jisoo behind her. I acted like I didn’t notice hers and Jisoo’s presence.

She’s walking towards you, Joohyuk. She’s walking towards you! Be natural. Act natural.

“Hey, bro!” Jisoo put down his bag on my leg and I threw it down.

“No manners at all, this child.” I grumble and pauses the video I was watching, leaving the screen as bright as possible and tried my best to pause the video while it was showing a member.

“Oh?” Jisoo saw my phone and took it from me as he stared at me. He wanted to laugh when he saw I was watching Big Bang but I sent him my death glare that he better not be laughing.

“Hi, Soomin.” I greeted Soomin afterwards and she sat down.

“Jisoo bought you your favorite snacks. It’s in the bag.” She pointed to the bag she put it on the portable table.

“What were you doing?” She asked, taking out her phone.

“Oh, I was watching Big Bang’s new video. Damn, they’re funny.” I acted and Jisoo were laughing quietly at the corner.

She giggled, “I didn’t know you liked watching Big Bang.”

“Soomin, Joohyuk likes big bang so much!” Jisoo interrupted as he emphasized the word likes.

“That’s cool.” She gave me a smile and I think my day is complete.

---

 

 

Its midnight and I purposely didn’t want to sleep just in case spirit came back from his probation. I lay on my back while staring at the stickers on my ceiling while Hana was snoring away.

“You told me it’s my dark days but why did it happen to Joohyuk? Joohyuk was injured these 3 days. First, his gum bled then his nose bled. Now, he’s is in the hospital.” I talk to myself but Hana is still sleeping.

“Why did his name appear on the paper? Why is it not my name?” I sat up and try to think as straight as possible but nothing came in mind.

“Spirit, are you listening to me? Where are you?” I looked at every corner of the ceiling but there’s no respond.

“The 3 days you spoke off already past, it’s Friday already.” I said but still no respond.

“Why aren’t you allowed to come here?” I sighed and hugged one of my bears.

---

 

 

“There must be a misunderstanding!” I shouted at the guard.

“No. 98, you aren’t allowed to enter the world yet. Please go back to your room until further notice.” He said and closes the small window.

“Senior Yong told me I can go after 3 days.” I open back the window but all I received was glares from the guard.

“Go and talk to him then! I am only doing my job.” He yelled and closes back the window.

I teleported to Senior’s Kim room where he was reading a book.

“Oh, newbie?” His eyes went wide when he saw me standing in front of him.

“Why couldn’t I communicate with Soomin? The cloud in that room doesn’t respond to me.” I asked him and he sat down, with his legs touching the cold floor.

“Sit down here.” He motioned me to sit beside him.

“Why are you so into guiding Soomin’s life?” He asked me and it shocked me. Isn’t that what guardians are supposed to do?

“Human has their own life too. There’s a limit to where guardian can help them.” He said and closes his book.

“One of the reasons the cloud isn’t responding to you is because she’s with a person you knew from your past life that has been thinking of you these past few days, which is the reason why you weren’t allowed to go to the world.” He said and my heart stopped.

“Who was she with?” I asked and he shrugged his shoulder.

“How would I know?” He answered and put his arms over my shoulder.

“My probation of 3 days ended days ago. Why am I still not allowed to go there?”

He lay back down and answered, “Maybe they’ll allow you to go there tomorrow morning.”

“Why is it so complicated? It’s not this complicated when I first guide my first human.” I teleport back to my room and go to sleep.

---

 

 

I couldn’t go to sleep that night, thinking about the solution to the mystery but nothing seems to fit. I tried closing my eyes and every time I closed it, I remembered what Haru said just now in class.

 

“Why isn’t he coming?” Haru kept looking at the door but every time it opened, she was disappointed.

“Maybe he’s sick.” Eunna said and I knew she was asking about Joohyuk. If only she knew Joohyuk was hospitalized and will only come to school the next day.

“Do you want me to ask Jisoo for you?” Eunna offered and stood up but Haru pulled her down back.

“No, maybe he’s just sick.” Haru said with a slight smile at the end.

I lean back to my sit and sighed long enough.

How am I supposed to tell the girls that me and Joohyuk are married by our parents? If one day they find out, how the hell am I supposed to explain? I know one day they’re going to know and it will definitely make everyone disappointed at me for lying.

Especially Haru who likes Joohyuk so much.

“Soomin, you okay?” Hana asked when she saw I became silent after a while.

“Hana, I’m meeting my old friend later after school. You’ll go back first, alright?” I told Hana and she nodded.

 

 

Tossing and turning on my bed but still I couldn’t go to sleep. I checked on my phone to see whether there’s any notification I missed and there’s text message from Joohyuk.

I slowly open it to read the content.

 

Thank you for spending your evening with me. I couldn’t thank you enough how much it made my day. I’ll discharge tomorrow, you don’t have to come. I’ll see you when you come back. Have a good sleep and good day tomorrow.’

 

I put down my phone back and closed my eyes to sleep, hoping he’s asleep as well.

---