I'm confused

3 Signs : You have a bad life.

3 signs you have a bad life

 Chapter 12 – I'm confused.

---

 

 

What time is it now? It is finally time for P.E lesson, thank god. P.E lesson is always the best since it ends Monday with some activity after being stuck for so long in class. After the unfortunate talk with Eunna just now, I went to the café by myself but met Hana on the way after she ran back to find me. I couldn’t be bothered with those childish girls anymore.

After lunch ended, we walked back to class and they really did ignore me and Hana all the way just because of what I said earlier. Well, who’s lost anyways?

“P.E is at the field today. Pack your bags and hurry your up there!” Sehun reminded the class and the guys ran out the class like they have never been to school’s field before.

“Are you really not going to talk to them?” Hana asked, again linking her arms with mine.

“Why should I? They’re the one who ignore us and they’re the one who are childish.” I answered back, standing strong with my opinion.

“You know when I realized you weren’t there with us, I asked Eunna where you were and she just rolled her eyes and walk together with the others. Oh my goodness, I felt like punching her face so bad.” Hana told sounding so angry and her fingers curled up into a fist.

“How could they change so quick? I can’t believe your friend for 6 years, Seohyun, can leave you just like that.” Hana chuckled, shaking her head.

“I don’t need any fake friends.” I told her and she agree.

We reached the school field and the guys are already gathered around, juggling around soccer balls together with the girls.

“Look, Soomin, look at them, such flirts!” Hana cautiously point towards our class girls aka our own friend that ignored us because of what I said.

“I bet Haru is on cloud 9 right now. Look at how she’s juggling the ball in front of Joohyuk.” She shook her head and I pull her towards the seat where we put our belongings.

“Alright, gather up.” Mr. Han blew the whistle and we stand behind everyone, couldn’t even be bothered to hear what teacher said.

“I’m having teacher’s meeting now and I can’t leave you guys alone. We have a volunteer teacher from Sports schools and he will be taking care of you guys for today’s lesson. Mino-“ Mr. Han called out a very familiar name and a very familiar guy appeared from behind where we were standing.

“Hi, students.” He waved and my jaw nearly dropped to the field’s grass.

What is going on? Why is he here? Oh, damn it.

“I’m Mino from Sports school under the famous soccer team.” He introduced himself with the same introduction he introduces to me and Joohyuk.

“Guys, hurry up and form teams!” Mino clapped his hand and the guys quickly dispersed.

“Hey, students.” Mino walked towards the girls.

“Can we play soccer as well?” Eunna raised her hands and Mino looked at her.

“Do you girls want to? I won’t ask the guys to be easy on you though.” Mino said and the 4 girls answered that they’re strong.

“Go on then.” Mino told the girls but me and Hana didn’t want to join them. We slowly back away when Mino turned around to see the girls but he ran and stopped in front of us.

“Where do you girls think you’re going?” He asked with a playful smile on his face.

“Badminton, we want to play badminton.” Hana pointed to the badminton bats Mr. Han prepared for the girls.

“Alright, you girls better not go anywhere. I will be watching you two as well.” Mino said and ran backwards, still looking at us.

“See you later, sister!” He waved and run towards the other quarter of the class.

“What’s with him?” Hana picked a badminton bat and we played by ourselves.

---

 

 

“Pass the ball to us too!” Eunna shouted, waving her hands towards the boys but they ignore the hell out of them and continue playing.

“What is he doing here?” I manage to kick the ball passed from Kai to Jisoo while focusing on Mino who is talking to Soomin.

“Is our secret finally going to be revealed today?” I asked myself again but then got shouted by Jisoo who asked me to focus on the game.

 

Sun finally is setting down and 5 minutes left to go before our class ends, Mino asked us to gather around again to mark our attendance before we go off.

“I volunteer myself here because I have a mission to accomplish and I think I’ve accomplish it.” He told the class with his signature smile glued on his face.

“It turns out that she’s in an engineering class.” He added and I turned to look at Soomin who was playing with her phone.

“I couldn’t even imagine she’s an engineering student because she’s so cute.” He laughed but stops when there’s no respond from the class. Instead, they respond him with their confused as face but I obviously knew what he was trying to say.

“Mr. Han will continue the lesson next week then. Thank you for your cooperation and good bye.” He clapped his hands once to dismiss the class and I wonder whether he recognize me or not.

“Hey.” I took my bag and walked over to Mino who is organizing the attendance files.

“Don’t you recognize who am I?” I asked but he stared at me without any answer.

“You look familiar.” He said and packs his bags.

The moment Soomin walked behind him with Hana, he stood up and wanted to go to her but I grab his upper arm.

“You don’t want to be seen as a flirty teacher.” I said and he glared at me.

“I am not a teacher. I am just a volunteer here, student.” He said and wanted to pull away from my grip.

“Hey, bro!” Jisoo locked my neck with his arm and pulled me away from Mino.

“What’s wrong with your friend here huh?” Mino wiped his upper hand and put on his bag.

“You’re lucky I am not going to be seeing you anymore.” He clenched his jaw and marched forward angrily.

“What’s wrong with you?” Jisoo asked confused.

“He’s the neighbor I told you about.” I answered him and looked at Mino who is walking slowly behind Soomin.

“Really? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Jisoo went wide eye, pulling me forward.

“What are you planning to do?” I questioned him and he looked lost as equal as I do.

“I don’t know. He’s not a teacher so we can be informal with him.” Jisoo suggest but that doesn’t sound like a good idea.

“Let’s just see will he really approach Soomin.” I said and Jisoo agreed.

---

 

 

“Make sure you tell me if any of the girls call you.” Hana reminded before we part our ways back home.

I want to thank every god out there for making Hana my friend, I appreciate it very much.

“Sister!” I heard Mino’s voice and he stopped beside me.

Hmm… this is awkward.

“Hi.” I turned my attention at him and gave him a smile.

“Did you know I’ve volunteered here for 3 weeks and I held 5 classes every week to finally have you in my class?” He told me and I responded with just a smile. What else could I say to this hot neighbor? Thank you?

“Soomin!” I held another very familiar voice and two figures stood beside me.

Of course it’s Joohyuk and Jisoo, who else?

 What did I do in my previous life to finally have 3 hot guys beside me right now? Why can’t I experience this before? Damn it.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Mino asked Joohyuk while pointing with his index finger.

I moved slightly forward but Joohyuk grabbed my wrist, making me stop walking.

“Don’t you recognize who we are?” Joohyuk asked, leaning towards Mino who looked confused.

“Oh, you’re her brother!” Mino clapped his hand like a seal and laugh.

“How could I not know just now?” He added but stopped when Joohyuk remained silent.

“So both of you are twins?” He points toward both of us with his eye opened so wide.

What am I doing here now? I fought with my friends but here I am with 3 guys staring at each other.

“Which part do we look similar?” Joohyuk questioned still holding onto my wrist.

“I need to use the toilet. I’ll go first.” I excuse myself and Joohyuk let go of his grip. I continue to walk fast with Jisoo following me.

“Aren’t you going to tell your neighbor the truth?” Jisoo asked concerned.

“Why does that matter.” I stated.

“Of course it matters. Joohyuk were so furious when he wanted to approach you.” Jisoo stood up for Joohyuk. I slowly turned my head behind and see that both of them are still staring at each other.

“I don’t want to know anything about what they’re talking.” I said and continue moving forward.

“Why can’t you see Joohyuk’s sincere feelings for you?” Jisoo questioned which make me bit my lips hard, I could taste blood.

“What are you talking about?” I face Jisoo who looks like he’s breathing out fire.

“Don’t you have any feelings back for my friend? It’s not easy for him to like someone but you’re the first one he ever liked. I have been friends with him for 12 years, Soomin. For these 12 years, I haven’t seen him going crazy because of a girl.” He opens up a new story I have never heard before.

“I hope you consider his feelings too, Soomin. I know it’s hard for you.” He continued.

“Jisoo.” I called and he looked at me asking me to continue.

“How can I like him back when my friend likes him?” I told him what I was thinking the whole time he says that.

“Who?” He asked, leaning towards me.

I blew a raspberry and told him to stop.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to know.” I said and walk quickly to avoid the 3 of them.

Jisoo stopped following me and I rush back home which I luckily just 10 steps away from where I’m standing.

---

 

 

“You better don’t talk to me anymore.” Mino said and walked away after I couldn’t tell him myself that Soomin and I are not siblings. I wanted to protect this secret and I don’t want Soomin to feel even more burden with me around.

“But she made me breakfast just now. Does that mean she’s opening up to me?” I asked myself and slap my cheek to wake up and face the reality.

Jisoo motioned his hand at me and I run to him.

“Do you want to drink tonight?” He asked and of course I couldn’t agree more.

We bought 4 different type of beer each and sat down in front of a huge river.

“For some reason, tonight feels so bitter even though morning felt so sweet.” I open the 2nd can of beer and chugged it down.

“I’ve tried my best, my friend.” Jisoo said, munching on the dried squid snack.

“Why did I even agree to mum’s decision to marry her? I think liking her in the past is even better.” I added on, spilling my feelings to the only one who understand me better than myself.

“Why did you even agree to marry her?” Jisoo shook his head, “Why is she such a hard girl to get? It’s like she’s pulling and pushing you. Tsk, bad girl.”

“I know right. She’s so mean.” I throw the can in the bag given and continue wasting the night away with Jisoo.

---

 

 

“That was awkward.” I talk to myself while I sat in the living room trying to do my part for the project.

“Does he really like me?” I closed my laptop as I know I couldn’t concentrate anymore.

“How do we know if a guy likes us?” I questioned myself and open back my laptop and went to search for the answer.

Eye contact.

“Does he look at me a lot?”

Body contact.

 

“Really? They’re so bad. I promise that I won’t let them cut your queue anymore.” He put out his pinky but I responded with a chuckle.

“Any guys will let those girls cut our queue even if the guys left 3 minutes before their break finish.” I said but he smiled and chuckled.

He grabs my pinky and intertwined it with his, “I told you I will do it.”

 

“Is that body contact?”

He ooks nervous around you.

“Does he look nervous around me?”

“AISH!” I ruffled my hair and close all the windows related to what I searched.

“What do you care, Soomin? You have to maintain 4 GPA and graduate school, that’s all. Focus on that.” I gathered my thoughts straight again and looked at the clock.

It has nearly been an hour and a half since I reach home but Joohyuk is still not home yet.

“Where did he go?” I grab my phone and at the same moment he called me.

“Oh, what?” I slowly slide the phone and answer him.

“Hi?”

Soomin, you bad girl.” He replied, sounding so drunk.

“Are you drunk?” I asked him and he laughed followed by a laugh that sounds like Jisoo’s.

Drunk? Bro, she asked me whether I am drunk.” He laughed again and then cleared his throat.

I am not going home today. I am going to sleep in front of this huge river.”  

“Where are you?” I asked, concerned.

Why do you care where am I? You don’t have to care about me now.” He fought, raising his voice at the end.

“Don’t you remember we have class tomorrow?”

Class? Why should I be in the same class as you?”

Damn that definitely hurts my pride.

“Tell me where you are. I’ll come and take you back home.”

“I told you I am not going back home. I am going to join Joohyun tonight.” He said and hung up the call.

 

Oh god, what should I do? Spirit, where are you? Can you finally come here and be with me?

“You called?” Spirit appeared at the kitchen with his black bottle on his hand.

“Why don’t you come earlier?!” I shouted and he teleported to the living room.

“Help me and locate Joohyuk.” I said and he lifted up his chin, staring at the ceiling for a while.

“I don’t know where he is but he’s in front of a huge river.” He said and looks back down at me.

“I know that too but which river?” I asked him again and he did the same action as before.

“I don’t know.” He jumped and disappeared.

“Why can’t you help me?” I run to my room and grab my jacket and small bag as I quickly rush out the apartment.

“Are they at the classic Han River where most people get drunk at?” I asked myself in the elevator and run out quickly to catch a taxi.

“This guy always knows how to confuse me!” I close the taxi door and asked the driver to quickly drive to Han River.

 

It doesn’t take 5 minute before I reach my destination and after paying the taxi’s fare, which costs a bomb, I ran along the river to see any two grown man in P.E shirts that are drunk.

“I think I could sense Joohyuk 10 meters in front of you.” Spirit appeared, munching on a sandwich.

“How could you eat in front of a hungry girl?” I shake my head and felt assured that spirit could sense Joohyuk’s presence.

“Well, you could have eaten your dinner when you went back home just now but you were busy with your project so…” He takes a huge bite on his sandwich, munching on it happily in front of me.

“Are you going to stare at me eating all the way and not care about your husband?” He said and I realized I am still on a mission to find missing Joohyuk.

“How could you leave me for a week and suddenly appear back drinking grape soda and eating sandwich?” I rolled my eyes and rush 10 meters forward. I stopped when I saw them together sitting with Joohyuk’s head on Jisoo’s shoulder and Jisoo’s head leaning on Joohyuk’s head.

“I shouldn’t disturb their lovely time together.” I take a sit, together with spirit, right behind them where they couldn’t see me.

“You’re not going to bring him home?” Spirit asked, swallowing his last bit of sandwich.

“I want to see what they do.” I told him.

 

“JUNG SOOMIN!” Few minutes later, when spirit takes out his bottle out and drink it, I heard my name being called.

Joohyuk stood up with his hand stretched out and his head facing up.

“ARE YOU REALLY NOT GOING TO TAKE ME HOME?!” He shouted again, making Jisoo stood up and shut him up.

“I’ll take you home. Let’s go.” He acted like he’s not drunk but both of them were walking as if they were avoiding hot lava on the ground.

“It’s time for you to go, human.” Spirit push me and I feel like it’s time for me to step up too.

Enough watching, Soomin, you need to get your up and help him.

“Ya…” I crawled up behind them, whispering as soft as I can but enough to let them hear me.

“Did you hear that?” Jisoo cupped his ear with his hand and look around but under.

“Here, look down here.” I whisper again and both of them looked down behind them.

“WHAT?!” They shouted in shocked and I turned behind to find spirit but he was nowhere to be found.

 

After what felt like forever getting both of them in the taxi, we finally reach home. Jisoo became fully conscious but Joohyuk fell asleep right after he shouted.

“20,000 won.” The taxi driver stopped in front of the apartment and looked at me at the rear mirror.

I have not much money left. I glanced at Jisoo but he was sleeping, leaning his head on the window.

I slowly grabbed Joohyuk’s, who is sitting beside me, pants pocket and take out his wallet.

“Here you go, sir. Thank you.” I thanked him after taking Joohyuk’s money. The driver looked at me and asked whether I needed help but I said no since only one is unconscious.

I woke Jisoo up and he helped me to get Joohyuk up to our house.

Jisoo went straight to Joohyuk’s room and throw him down on the bed. After that he asked me for a cup of ice water.

“Thanks for coming and taking him.” He said before taking a huge gulp of the ice cold drink.

“I know I needed to come and take him.” I replied.

“See you tomorrow.” He placed his hand on my shoulder for a bit and walk towards the door.

“Are you going to be okay? Are you not drunk anymore?” I asked concerned.

“I only had 2 cans. He had 4 cans.” He assured and locks the door before I could ask anymore.

With all my energy left, I bring myself to Joohyuk’s room and see he’s half hanging on his bed, his right side was on the bed and his left side was touching the floor.

“I am not strong enough to bring this grown man up to his bed.” I said to myself, trying to find every reason not to wake Joohyuk up.

“You should either pull him up or push him down if not tomorrow he’s not going to feel his body.” Spirit appeared at the living room his grape Popsicle.

“You should help me or something.” I said but he shook his head.

“Did you forget I’m not a human? I can’t make any contact with human being except for you, my sweet human.” He smiled and continues the flavored ice.

“Which one do you think is a good option? To pull him up or push him down?” I asked for opinion but of course spirit wouldn’t involve himself and shrugged his shoulder.

I took a deep sigh and slowly approach Joohyuk who is snoring already.

“Push him down or pull him up?” I asked myself for the last time before I went over to his face and poke his cheek.

“Ya, big baby.” I poke his cheek and he fidget a bit before continuing sleeping.

“Hey, Nam Joohyuk.” I tried again and he responds with an “Urghh!”

He slowly opens his eyes and our eyes locked but he keeps closing and opens his eyes then rubbing his eyes.

“Soomin?” He said my name and I let out an awkward smile. What do you expect when he’s right in front of me? Gosh, save me.

“Wake up and sleep properly. You’re hanging off the bed.” I said and he fell completely off his bed. He lay on his back and touches both his cheeks with both of his hand.

“Soomin is right in front of me.” He giggled then touches his heart.

“My heart is beating so fast, it could pop out right now.” He giggled again and roll around the room.

“You should go change and sleep. We have class tomorrow.” I pull him back to where he was laying down on his back.

“We have class tomorrow? Me and Soomin have class tomorrow?” He giggled the nth time and put his hand over his chest.

“If you’re not going to go to sleep, I’m leaving you alone.” I stood up but he sat up and pulls my wrist down, making me sit in front of him.

“I like you, Soomin.” He told me looking fully conscious with his eyes open wide.

“I was jealous when that hot neighbor of yours was approaching you.” He said, still holding on my hand.

“Are you drunk?” Even though I know he’s not drunk anymore, I asked him that to avoid the awkward previous sentences he said.

“Do you think I’m drunk?” He asked, giving me a straight shot in the eye.

“Were you not drunk when I take you back home?” I asked him.

“I like you, Soomin.” He ignored what I asked and only god knows what I felt right now.

My stomach felt like it curled up and twist itself. My eyes couldn’t close and I nearly couldn’t breathe with him still looking at me.

I change my focus and stand up, pulling him up with me.

“Goodnight.” I say and walk to the door but I could suddenly feel a pair of arm wrapped around my waist.

, is it finally time for a guy to hug me? Is this how I am supposed to be feeling, the butterflies in my stomach while it felt like its twisting and curling itself?

Yes, I think so.

“Goodnight.” He said and turns me around, facing him.

“This morning felt sweet. The evening felt bitter but the night felt sweet back.” He said.

Spirit, can you slap my cheeks hard right now so I could wake up from this dream?

“See you tomorrow.” He winked and I slowly walk backwards to my room and leaned against my door after I managed to separate from Joohyuk.

Calm down, Soomin, calm down. He definitely likes you, that’s for sure.

I throw myself on my bed and take the chance to feel my fast beating heartbeat. It’s still beating fast, oh god. Should I drink water to make it calm down?

I grabbed my water bottle I placed on my nightstand and chugged down a lot of water but it seems like it won’t go away. Placing back the bottle on the nightstand, I grab my phone that’s in my purse and check whether there’s anything that I missed.

There were 20 unread messages from the group chat that Eunna created consisted of me and the girls.

“Girls, guess what?” – Haru

“What happened?” – Eunna

“Oh my god, what happened girl?” – Seohyun

“He finally texted me!!!!”

Is she talking about Joohyuk? Let’s see what time did she texted this.

8.02 P.M? That’s when I rushed out the house to take Joohyuk back.

Who is that he? Joohyuk?” - Seohyun

I swear after 3 years liking him, he finally noticed me.” – Haru

“What did both of you talk about?” – Eunna

“He asked me a lot on my personal life like whether or not I have a part-time job.” – Haru

“He told me that he’s working at a hotel. He wanted to change his job but couldn’t afford the time with school and his model work.”

“Joohyuk works at a hotel? Not at a clothing store?” I asked myself and recall that time when spirit brought me to see my future husband, I saw Joohyuk walking to the clothing store, definitely not a hotel.

That sounds really interesting! What else did you guys talk about?” – Eunna

“We talk about our favorite singers and actors. He was fanboy-ing when we were talking about GFriend!- Haru

“Wow, you liking BTS and he liking GFriend just suits each other!” – Seohyun.

“Does Joohyuk like GFriend?” I questioned and read the remaining messages.

Joohyuk also told me that he felt like he will be coming late tomorrow since he’s not going to fall asleep anytime soon.” – Haru.

Really? I bet he’s already snoring right now.” I said to myself.

It felt like a dream come true though. I think if I didn’t step up and ask Mrs. Lee for his number and called him when he’s absent, this wouldn’t happen.” – Haru

“That’s good that you have the confidence to call your crush, girl! I’m jealous of you.” – Eunna

“Just now during P.E, he passed me a lot of the ball that came to him and ask me to pass it to you girls. Did you girls notice?” – Haru

“Definitely did notice, such a sweet guy! I’m pretty sure that if you guys were to be a couple, both of you will be so cute together!” – Seohyun

“When did Seohyun changed and became like one of them?” I turn off my phone and charged it. I didn’t want to read the remaining texts.

“What kind of friend am I?” I hugged my favorite teddy bear and try to go to sleep but my eyes were wide open.

I need to sleep. You need to sleep, Soomin. You have class tomorrow.

“I like you, Soomin.”

It rings in my brain and it felt unreal. Who is Haru really talking about though? Is she really talking to Joohyuk or Joohyuk lied about how he felt about me and that he secretly contact with Haru without me knowing?

“AISH!” I drown myself on my fluffy pillows and assure myself everything is going to be better tomorrow.

---

 

 

I am definitely wide awake from that. I can’t believe myself. Did I really confess to her? She definitely look shock as though.

I throw the blanket I was using and turn on the light.

“Joohyun told me if I ever have a girl I like, I need to have a good hairstyle because hairstyle is what make a guy attractive.” I place a small mirror in front of me on the table and style my hair different style.

“What a hard decision! I look good in everything though.” I parted my hair in the middle, expecting to look ugly but heck, I look even better.

“Does Soomin like hair that middle parted or does she like my normal hair?” I combed my hair back to normal and oh god, I look even more handsome.

“How come am I not drunk? I swear I wasn’t conscious just now but the moment I saw she sitting in front of me, it felt like I just had hangover soup.” I talked to myself and without realizing, I was smiling at myself in the mirror.

“Don’t force her to like you back, Joohyuk. No girls can resist themselves if a hot guy like me likes them.” I smiled at myself again and part my hair in the middle.

“Soomin’s breakfast tomorrow will definitely be strawberry smoothie as sweet as her.” I put down the mirror back and jumped in my bed.

Can’t wait for tomorrow!

 

7 hours passed and my alarm woke me up. It’s 6 in the morning and I felt fresh as if I had enough sleep which I think was more than enough. I couldn’t believe myself that I had 4 cans of beer yesterday and felt like nothing now.

I take a fresh shower and get ready for school. After much thought, I parted my hair in the middle and was shocked by the reflection in the mirror. Wow, thanks mum and dad for such great genes. Joohyun isn’t half as handsome as me though.

“Alright, let’s see what we have here.” I place my school bag in the living room and open the fridge door to search for ingredients that I can use.

“We have cherry yogurt that Jisoo bought.” I bring that out.

“We have frozen strawberries as well.” I bring that out as well and search for the last important ingredient.

“Mum said to always balance our health, so spinach.” I take the last thing out and blend it altogether. It tasted so sweet just like how I like it.

Then, I heard a door squeak open and Soomin came out from her room with her towel covering her head, heading to the bathroom.

Urgh, why is she so cute?!

I grabbed her bottle and fill up the smoothie to the brim and placed them back in the freezer so it would be fresh and cool when she drinks it.

 

“Are you done?” I asked Soomin when she finally is ready for school which took her nearly an hour to get ready.

She nodded and put on her black bag.

“I think you forget your bottle in the fridge.” I point to the fridge and quickly make my way to the entrance to put on my shoe.

---

 

“I think you forget your bottle in the fridge.” He point to the fridge and left for the entrance.

“Did he make smoothie for me again?” I slowly open the fridge door and a pink smoothie filled to the brim bottle greets me.

There goes my fast heartbeat again. It’s going to be a long day, heart. Behave yourself.

With a smile, I grabbed the bottle and close the fridge door tightly before walking to the entrance to put my shoes on.

Joohyuk was standing at the door opened, with his hand on the phone.

Is he messaging Haru? I couldn’t help but to think that. Urgh!

“I made strawberry smoothie today.” He said with a smile and put away his phone.

“Thanks, I’ll drink it well.” I said and left the house.

He closes the door and we entered the lift.

“I’m staying back today.” He said while I was taking a sip on the smoothie.

“See you later, Soomin. Enjoy the smoothie.” He said before we parted ways as he waited for Jisoo and I walk to school.

Then, my phone vibrated and it was a message from Joohyuk. it hasn’t been a minute, bro.

 

“I wasn’t drunk yesterday when I said that. Have a nice day, Soomin. I’ll see you in class.”

 

I turn around to find Joohyuk still standing at the same spot we separated. He looked back at me and responded with a smile and a small wave.

Who should I believe? The girl who I have been friends with 3 years or believe in Joohyuk who I’ve just started getting to know him?