I believe in you

3 Signs : You have a bad life.

3 signs you have a bad life

Chapter 14 – I believe in you.

---

 

I and Soomin continued our day as usual only that today in class, I kept looking at her but of course, she doesn’t even take a second to look at me. Lunch time came and I was called by Mrs. Lee.

“So, do you have any ideas why you were called?” Mrs. Lee asked, crossing her arms and the door open with another teacher enter the empty classroom.

“Are you student Nam Joohyuk?” A male teacher entered and I recognize him from Lydia’s class.

“Yes, I am.” I said, turning to him.

“What is going on here?” The male teacher passed me his phone and I took it from him.

“Go and watch the video.” He said and I press the play button.

It’s a video that shows my back at the CCTV and I was walking out the classroom Lydia was in.

“Why are you showing me this?” I asked with my heart beats so damn fast.

“Girls have been complaining their bodysuits have been missing these few days. It hasn’t happen in the past but since you were scouted by Lydia, this thing happens.” The male teacher said and my jaw opened wide.

“What are you talking about? Are you trying to say that I stole that?” I answered back and he shrugged his shoulder.

“You’re a suspect. What were you doing yesterday after school?” He asked and I chuckled.

“I’m a suspect? I don’t even know how a bodysuit looks like and I am a suspect?!” I shouted at his face.

“If you have someone who can testify you maybe that can lighten you as the suspect.” He said and the first person came in my mind was Soomin.

 

But I can’t call Soomin. The secret will get exposed to more people. I went to my parents’ house for a while then I’m back at my house before 7 and class ended at 5.

“Why? You don’t have anyone that can testify you?” The male teacher said and I wanted to call Soomin for help but I’m sure she won’t appreciate the fact that I told a stranger that I am living with her.

“Should I call my mum now then?” I said.

---

 

 

“Joohyuk is in trouble.” Spirit appeared beside me while I taking my tray of food to an empty table.

“What?” I said but didn’t realize Hana is beside me.

“What? I wasn’t saying anything.” She said.

“Who said you say anything?” I gulped and quietly walk to the table.

“Joohyuk is in trouble.” Spirit repeated once we sat down and this time he sat beside Hana.

I mouthed ‘what happened’ to him but he shrugged his shoulder.

“I don’t know but I definitely think you can help him.” He said, eyeing at the meat Hana was munching on.

I sent spirit my ‘must-i-really-help-him?’ look and he shrugged his shoulder.

“I don’t know but he will appreciate it. It can’t be that he is the only one that helps you everytime. It is time for you to help him too.” He clicked his fingers and disappeared.

“So?” Hana asked and I answered, “Yup, that’s right.”

“What’s right? I haven’t even said anything.” Hana put down her chopstick and give me her strange looking glare.

“What is up with you huh?” Hana asked and I shook my head.

“Nothing, nothing is wrong with me.” I slip my phone back in my pocket and continue eating.

 

Aish what is this feeling that is telling me Joohyuk needs help?

 

“Hana, I’ll need to go somewhere. I’ll see you in class later.” I said and push my tray to her.

I rush back to class and spirit appeared back beside me.

“This is sure a nice picture to see.” He skips back to class.

“What happened to him?” I questioned but again he shrugged his shoulder.

“I don’t know. How should I know? The only thing that I know right now is that it would be very helpful for Joohyuk if you were to rush back to your classroom.” He clicked his fingers again and disappears.

This time, I increase my speed and when I’m in front of the classroom, I slowly slide the door open and the 3 people inside looked at me, especially Joohyuk with his huge eyes.

“Soomin.” He called my name and I slowly forward to them.

“Hi.” I wave at them awkwardly but that male teacher gave me his weird stares.

“How can you interrupt a conversation?” He said and Mrs. Lee chuckled.

“Maybe she can testify Joohyuk,” She looked at me and my heart beats fast.

“How can she testify Joohyuk on where he was yesterday? Are you his older sister? Are you his younger sister? Are you his twin?” He bombards me with every question possible and I gulped.

Joohyuk kept looking down at me and I slowly look at him. He shook his head, indirectly telling me not to tell the male teacher since he knows how much I want this secret to be kept.

“What happened? You’ll have to tell me first.” I told and he explained.

Joohyuk took a deep sigh and I think my jaw finally touched the floor.

“So, will you testify him?” He asked and I looked up to Joohyuk who was shaking his head.

“He’s at home with me yesterday.” I said and his eyes opened wide.

Joohyuk became silent and I added on, “I said he’s at home with me yesterday.  How can you make him a suspect just because he’s in the class? Other students can do it and blame it on him. “

“What is your relationship with him?” He asked and spirit appeared beside me.

“His wife.” Spirit whispered clearly in my ear and I hesitated, not saying anything to the teacher.

“See? How can I accept that as a prove that Joohyuk was at home yesterday? His own mother didn’t answer the call and now a girl came and tells me that she was with a suspect at home yesterday? Do you even know how serious this is? This is a case where police could even be involved. I hope you won’t waste my time anymore. Joohyuk, I’ll deal with you later.” The male teacher stands up and walks to the door.

“Soomin.” Joohyuk grabbed my wrist and I take a look at him.

I pull my wrist from him and before the male teacher could leave the class, I told him loud and clear,

“I’m his wife.”

And, Hana was there. She dropped the ice-cream she was and stared at me.

Oh no.

---

 

 

Instead of Mrs. Lee and that weird male teacher standing in front of us, Hana was crossing her arms and stood in front of us. Jisoo rushed back to the classroom and I needed him for moral support. #true

“So, what is all this that I don’t know?” Hana said and Jisoo came rushing and pants at the door.

“Bro, I heard the news!” Jisoo shouted and I asked him to shut up.

Hana stared at the 3 of us and she sat down.

“You’re his wife? Jung Soomin, this is not even funny. How can you be his wife?” Hana said and Jisoo gulped so hard, I could hear him swallowing his saliva.

“It’s our parents that arranged both of us.” Soomin explained with her soft voice.

“Hana, you can’t blame it on Soomin. It was hard on her that she needed to keep this relationship a secret.” I in and Jisoo nod his head.

“When I knew it at first from his grandma,” He pointed at me and continue, “I was shocked but I managed to keep my down because I know how hard it must be for them.”

See, I told you. #friendshipgoals

 

“Soomin, let’s go out for a while.” She slowly grabs Soomin’s hand and both of them leave the class.

“Holy crap, you don’t know how noisy the fashion block is.” Jisoo told me and passes me a half-eaten sandwich and half drank iced chocolate.

“I didn’t even call Soomin to help me but she came just in time.” I said and I still find it amazing. Did she hear what happened while she was eating and that’s why she came here?

“Don’t worry, bro. I’ll help you win this case.” Jisoo shove the sandwich that is in my hand into my mouth.

I turned around and saw Soomin and Hana walking towards the toilet.

---

 

 

“I’m sorry Hana. I am a bad friend but this wasn’t what I wanted.” I told her in the toilet, with tears flowing out my eyes.

Hana stayed silent but her hands kept holding onto my shoulder.

“I’ll be honest it’s hard to believe but after hearing what you just explained, I’ll try to understand you even better now. How hard must it be for you?” She pulls me into her arms and it made me cry even more.

“Hana.” I sobbed and she my hair.

“It’s okay, I know this wasn’t what you want either but you have no choice.” She comforted me and I swear it made me calm down for a bit.

“I couldn’t help but to help Joohyuk. He really was at home yesterday. I can’t let the rumors spread.” I stated my reason and she nod.

“If I was you, I would do the same as well.”

 

 

After all that dramatic crying session with Hana, I wash my face a couple times with cold water to make sure my face, especially my eyes, are not puffy anymore.

“I cannot believe that the day Soomin cried in front of me happened today!” Hana spread her arms and yell as if she won something.

“Jung Soomin, who is known to be a cold hearted girl, cried in front of Kang Hana!” She yelled once again and I cover .

“Shut up.” I laughed and she put her arm over my shoulder, “So, when are you going to invite me to your house?”

 

 

Lunch time ended and all that welcomed me was students gathering around Joohyuk in the class asking whether or not it was true. Half of the classmates believed in the rumor while the half doesn’t. Haru and the girls stood in front of Joohyuk and Jisoo and they looked so concerned, especially Haru.

“Oh my god, if I was you I would have taken a scissors and cut that pout off Haru.” Hana whispered as we walked back to our seat.

“How can she be so shameless?” She shook her head and then we locked eyes with the girls.

The 3 of them walked towards us and stood in front.

“Girl, it’s the useless power puff girls again.” Hana mumbled her breath and lean her back on the chair.

“Have you heard of the rumors?” Eunna asked, taking a sit in front of me.

“What rumors?” I lied and she chuckled.

“How come you don’t know anything? Joohyuk was accused of stealing bodysuits from the fashion girls.” She said and Hana laughed.

“Why are you laughing?” Haru asked with her eyes literally shooting fire at Hana.

“Oh, I wasn’t laughing about you guys. This video is so hilarious, it’s just doesn’t make any sense!” Hana lied because I know she wasn’t watching any videos.

 

If Joohyuk has Jisoo, I have Hana. #true

 

“So, what do you think about the rumors?” Eunna asked me, putting her arms on my table.

“Do I even have a say in this?” I asked and she laughed.

“Joohyuk was literally begging Haru what he needs to do so that this rumor will be done and over with. But our friend here doesn’t know what to say as she was so worried.” Eunna put her arm over Haru’s shoulder and Haru laughed, or it looks more like a forced laugh.

“If you think about how our friend here can help her crush, please tell me.” The girls stood up and once again Hana laughed loudly.

“OH MY GOD, SOOMIN! YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS.” Hana shoved her phone on my face and her screen shows,

 

Let’s cut Eunna and Haru’s lips and feed it to the piranhas.

 

The girls turned around to look at us but they disperse when Mrs. Lee arrived in class.

---

 

 

Class ended for the day and once again, they keep coming back to my desk asking what I should do. The guys kept telling me to have a person that can testify for me and I did. Soomin did her best to testify for me and even if others doubted me, it’s worth it.

I called Lydia a few times but she didn’t answer the call. If this continues, I know so well I can’t be her model anymore but it’s alright since Soomin is on my side!

“Bro, can you stop smiling for a second?” Jisoo elbowed me and then I realized I was smiling at the thought of Soomin.

“If I was you, I would be worry as heck right now! How can you be smiling?” He asked and I locked him with my arm on his neck.

“Soomin is willing to like me back.” I told him and he gasped for air.

“ARE YOU SURE?” Jisoo jumped as if he was more excited than me.

“She also helped me testify to that weird male teacher that I was at home with her yesterday. She told him she’s my wife!” I mumbled but it was clear to Jisoo since he was again, jumping around.

“People might think you’re her husband.” I push him away but he giggled and walked back beside me.

“Bro, this may be the most surprising rumor but I’m glad it happened. If this doesn’t happen, I don’t think she would tell a stranger about both of you.” Jisoo said and I couldn’t agree more.

“I am pretty sure everything is going to be alright. It happened once before in high school too and Joohyun helped you.” Jisoo reminded me of that horrible incident at school.

“I miss Joohyun.” I pouted my lips and before we could press the close button for the elevator, a group of girls came running and stop the elevator door from closing.

 

It’s the 3 girls from our class. Oh my god, its Haru again.

“Hey boys.” Eunna waved and the door closes.

Jisoo looked at me with the edge of his eyes and rubs it.

“So, what are you going to do with the rumor?” Eunna asked and they turned around, staring at me.

“I am not going to do anything.” I answered sweet and simple.

“Are you going to let the whole school thinks you stole the girls’ bodysuit?” Eunna asked with her face all looking so shocked.

“I wasn’t the one who did it so why should I be scared of it?” I answered again and she sighed.

“I don’t even know what part of you is so attractive that our friend likes you.” Eunna shook her head and Haru pinches her waist.

“I mean, both of you contact each other but why are you still awkward around her?” Eunna turned around again and Haru closes this time.

“She wasn’t talking about you.” Haru said and as soon as the elevator door opens, she dragged Eunna and Seohyun was left behind.

“Weren’t you always with Soomin?” I asked Seohyun who looked as equal shock as Haru a moment ago.

“We girls had a misunderstanding a bit.” She answered and I nodded, walking to the bus stop with Jisoo.

“I’m going to thank Hana so much for sticking by Soomin’s side.” I said and Jisoo stared at me weird the nth time today.

---

 

I managed to make Hana go home after many times telling her I will invite her to our home the next time. I waited for her to take her bus and I walked down the streets afterwards.

“Spirit, why is my life not so happening? I thought you told me my life is going to be so dark?” I talked to myself and he appeared beside me, drinking his drink from the bottle.

“That’s weird too.” He said after chugging the whole water.

“Human, I’ll need your help on something.” He said and I raised my eyebrow.

“Help me find this girl.” He showed me a picture of a little girl with 2 ponytails, holding onto a purple giraffe soft toy with a ribbon on its head.

“Who is she?” I asked, scanning the picture.

“I don’t know. I was told that I needed to find her. Maybe if I ask you, you could help me search that little girl for me.” He passes me the photo and disappears afterwards.

“What now? I have to help a guardian with his work?” I slid the photo on my skirt and my phone vibrates.

It is a message from Joohyuk.

 

‘I’ll be back late. Make sure to lock the doors and windows before you go to sleep.’

 

He’s always reminding me to lock the doors and windows but never once did I reply to him.

 

‘Where are you going?’ I texted back and I gathered my courage to press the send button.

 

Do you want to come with me?’

 

Hey, I am only asking where he is going, not telling him that I want to go with him. Jeez.

 

‘It’s okay.’

 

See you at home if you’re not asleep yet then.’ He replied with an emoji that has a kiss at the end and I quickly put my phone back in my pocket.

“This is a dream, Soomin. You need to wake up from your dream. There’s no way a hot guy has liked you for 3 years.” I slap myself and enter the convenience store to buy cones of ice-creams.

 

 

I enter the house after a very long day and went straight to my room. Taking off my uniform and putting on my usual at home clothes, I lay down on the bed and stare at the photo spirit gave.

“Who is this girl and how should I find her?” I asked myself and put the photo down at the vanity table where the hidden tragedy paper was.

I grabbed the paper and checked whether there’s anything written inside it and yes, it has Joohyuk’s name on it that said he will have to go through a bad day today.

 

“This is about my life but why is it always has Joohyuk’s name on it?” I close back the paper and grabbed my laptop and phone to go in the living room.

Instead of starting right away on my last bits of project, I walk to the kitchen to see whether there’s anything to eat.

“I’m lazy to cook or heat up the food though.” I open one of the cabinets and the delicious corn-flavored sausage is looking at me.

“I cannot eat you anymore. Joohyuk will curse the out of me if I finish everything.” I close back the cabinet door and looked at the eggs that are staring at me on the counter.

My stomach growled for food and I was hesitating between meat and those delicious looking egg. I decided to mince up some garlic and chili and fry a scramble egg together with it. I topped my hot rice with the hot egg and bring out my favorite side dishes from the weird neighbor and Joohyuk’s mum.

With both my hands full with foods, I finally sat down on the coffee table at our living room and turn on the television.

“If this isn’t what life is all about, I don’t know what is.” I was satisfied myself and begin to dig into my late dinner.

---

 

 

“So, when can I collect the bike?” I asked the salesman and he replied on the weekend.

“Alright, just in time for my first date!” I bid him goodbye and wish him goodnight as I strolled back home.

“I can’t believe earlier today I was so disappointed but now I am all happy.” I talked to myself as I make a left turn back home.

Just when I wanted to make a left turn, a bike and a guy rammed towards me and both of them fell on me.

“Ouch!” I shouted in pain and he quickly stood up.

“Why didn’t you see which way you’re going?” I hissed and he helps me up.

“You’re tall and you just fell on top of me.” I held onto my elbow that was bleeding so badly and he was dusting the dirt off my shirt.

“Joohyuk?” He called my name and I look up.

“Hyung?” I rubbed my eyes and look at the guy in front of me.

“Are you okay? Where do you live? I’ll send you back home.” He offered but I was still amazed at how I coincidentally meet my best brother from another mother after a long time.

“I’m fine.” I answered him but he still insists of helping me back home.

“You’re not, your elbow is bleeding. How can you not look at where you’re going?” He clicked his tongue and picks his bike up.

“I’ll help you. Where do you live?” He asked.

“Jin hyung, I’m fine. How are you? It has been a long time since we’ve met.” I held my hand out and he did a short hug but still worrying about my open wound.

“I’ve been busy with the kids.” He answered and told me he was on his way to grab a cream bun for his pregnant wife.

“Wow, you already have triplets and now your wife is pregnant? That’s a huge family.” I said and he laughed.

“Come over and play with the kids whenever you have time.” He offered and after a while, I told him to go ahead.

“I’ll call you when I have time. Have a safe trip back home, hyung!” I waved him goodbye and walked back.

 

I am pretty sure I break a bone.

 

I keyed in the password to our house and was greeted by Soomin with her laptop on her lap and earpiece in her ears.

“Hey, you’re not asleep yet? It’s 10 at night.” I said, taking off my shoe.

She turned her head and took off her earpiece.

“Hey, what’s up?” She smiled and continues typing.

Damn it this girl is so cool, sometimes she makes me question my gender.

 

“Help me.” I walk to her and show her my elbow. She gasped and closes .

“Oh my god, what happened?” She stood up and grabs the first aid kit that was at the kitchen.

“You need to wash your elbow first.” She pulls my hand up and brings me to the toilet. I followed whatever she wants me to do and I swear this is the sweetest thing ever.

I only told her to help me and she is really helping me instead of sitting there and giving me her stares.

 

Slowly, she brings my elbow under the tap of running water and washes the blood away.

“Is it not pain?” She asked, looking at me with her huge eyes.

Damn, I can swim in those eyes.

“Blood keeps coming out and you’re not hissing in pain?” She asked again and turns off the water.

She pats it dry before pulling me on the sofa again.

“How is this not pain? You should be complaining how pain it is right now but you’re so silent. It scares me.” She added on and the expression on her face is so cute, I want to pinch her cheeks!

“I don’t feel the pain though.” I said with a smile and she gasped for air again.

“Then, you must have lost a lot of blood! You should go to the hospital.” She said and put on the medication oil for me.

“I don’t need to. You’re my doctor, why should I go to the hospital?” I and she purposely press on my wound.

I hissed in pain and she chuckled.

“Good that you feel the pain.” She closes back the first aid kit and takes her laptop back on her lap.

“Hey.” I grabbed her hand and she slowly turns her head, looking at me.

“Aren’t you going to ask me about the rumor?” I asked her but she shook her head.

“Why?” I questioned her again, expecting her answer.

“I know you’re not that kind of person to steal a girl bodysuit.” She answered and guys, it touched my heart so bad.

“Really? How do you know I am not that kind of person?” I asked her again.

“Because I believe in you.” She stated and I fainted, mentally.

“Girl, I’ll make sure you’ll fall head over heel for me that you’ll miss me every second like how I miss you.” I did a little peck on her cheek and rush back in my room.

 

Holy crap, Joohyun, did you see that? I was brave enough to peck her on the cheeks!

 I jumped on my bed and make a bed sheet angel. What a great day indeed!

---

 

 

“Have you found her?” Senior Yong asked when I’m all ready to rest for the day.

“No, Senior Yong.” I said, “What has that girl got to do with me?” I added on.

“Have your human found her then?” He ignored my question and asks another question.

“No, maybe days to come I’ll be able to find the little girl.” I replied and sit down on my bed.

“Senior, why do I have to find that little girl?” I tried my luck again and before he could click his finger to disappear, he answered, “I don’t think I am the one who should be answering to that question. Have a good rest.”

He disappears into thin air again.

Who is that little girl? How is she related to me in my past life? Is she my daughter or something?

---

 

 

Over at the orphanage, a little girl, hugging her favorite soft toy, cried while she was lying in her bed for the night time. She has been really sad for a long time and nothing could help her to smile again.

“Soomin, it’s time to go to sleep.” The caretaker her hair but still, the little girl was sobbing.

“Isn’t it time for you to be happy again? I know it’s hard but you need to move on, my love.” The lady comforted her but she still kept sobbing.

“Go to sleep and dream of your best memory with your dad, alright? I bet he’s thinking of you too.” The lady stay by little Soomin’s side as she waits for the little girl to fall asleep.

She was hugging a purple giraffe with a bow on its head.

---

 

 

9 months ago…

 

“It’s time to go, hurry up!” Joohyun shouted as he claps his hand asking me to hurry my up.

“Can I not do this, bro?” I complained and take a deep sigh.

“Nope, it’s a bet and you lost it so you’ll have to follow me!” Joohyun unlock the door and we left.

We took a bus and alighted in front of an orphanage.

“You know how bad I am with kids. How can you ask me to play with kids the whole day today?” I try my luck to get out of this but nothing works.

“You lost the bet, bro. You’ll have to fulfill my wish.” Joohyun happily skip and push open the door to the orphanage.

 

“Good morning, Yunhwa!” Joohyun greeted the lady at the register and waited for me to enter. He locked me into his arm and told the lady that I am his older twin.

“Glad that you know I am older.” I rolled my eyes as we were led to a room full of children running around with toys.

“Hope you have a good day, Joohyun’s twin.” The lady smile and close the door.

“DAD!” A little girl ran to Joohyun and hugged his leg.

“Hey, little sweetheart!” Joohyun grabbed her into his arm and swing her around.

“I was waiting for you to come!” She giggled and hugged Joohyun so tight.

“Meet my other half aka twin brother. His name is Joohyuk.” He introduced me to the little girl and she grabbed my cheeks.

“Twin brother? Both of you doesn’t look the same.” She laughed and Joohyun put her down.

“I have a present for you.” Joohyun take out the present he prepared days ago for the little girl and gave it to her.

“Do you like it?” He asked and the girl once again was jumping around, swinging the purple giraffe around.

 

The other kids were too busy playing to notice that Joohyun just gave the little girl a present. Tsk, if I was him, I would have bought something for the other kids too.

“I don’t have that much money and other kids don’t really click with me.” Joohyun said, looking at me as if he could read my mind.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever. What should I do now?” I asked him and he push me to the other kids.

“Play with them. I’ll keep Soomin accompany.” Joohyun stated and I turned around.

“Soomin?” I said her name again and he nodded his head.

“Her name is Jung Soomin.” He told.