Don't be a coward

3 Signs : You have a bad life.

3 signs you have a bad life

Chapter 15 – Don’t be a coward.

---

 

7 months ago…

 

“Joohyuk, at least have something to eat.” Mum pleaded me the nth time asking me to at least eat a little.

I shook my head as I continue sitting in front of Joohyun’s picture. It’s the 2nd day of Joohyun’s death and I still couldn’t accept the reality. I didn’t want to eat or drink and I didn’t want to do anything.

“Joohyuk, you need to drink something for you to move on with your life.” Mum sobbed as she put her arms around my shoulder.

“Honey, go and comfort your son.” Mum went over to dad who then walked over to me.

“I don’t think Joohyun will like it if you keep quiet like this. It’s his time to go and even if you stay like this, you won’t be able to have him back. It’s hard for us too, son. But we can only pray for him to go to the afterlife safely.” Dad said and the tears I kept for the 2 days dropped and it couldn’t stop.

“Jisoo, help me up.” Dad called Jisoo and Jisoo helped me out. He put his hands on my waist and brings me outside to get some fresh air but it doesn’t feel fresh for me.

A lot of people came to visit my twin and most of them were his classmates. Every end of the year, Joohyun will always invite his classmates over for a barbeque party but he doesn’t miss me and Jisoo out. His classmates were so kind to him that it breaks my heart seeing them as sad as me.

“Have a drink.” Jisoo came with a bottle of water and hand it to me as he sat beside me.

“I don’t want to say anything but you know how much I have in mind right?” Jisoo said and I nod.

“Life is short, isn’t it? Joohyun is like my brother too. I feel as sad as you, bro.” He put his arm over my shoulder and grabbed my shoulder tight.

 

That night when Joohyun were safely cremated, we went back home and I went straight to Joohyun’s room where most of his walls were covered with awards and certificate for participating in volunteer work. I lay down on his bed that were the same as he left it since he doesn’t like it when anyone touches his bed. I look over at his desk and there were multiples picture frames and he framed his friends in the small frames but the big ones were framed with Jisoo, himself and mine pictures that were taken together.

It only felt like yesterday when the 3 of us went out together and played at arcade but god, it hurts me so much that I hadn’t had much time with him during his last days since he was in Vietnam for 2 weeks.

 

The long awaited morning came and it was bright as the sunrays pierce through the curtain and it felt warm for a second but I was shivering.

“Mum.” I softly called my mum, using all of my energy.

“Mum.” I called her again but there was no response.

My forehead was filled with cold sweats and my lips felt like it will be cracking any minutes now. My body temperature felt like I was on fire and that moment I knew I was sick. I am a healthy boy since birth and mum said that Joohyun always get sick more than me. For my whole lifetime, mum said I was only sick for 2 times and that was when I was a baby. I rarely get sick but when I get sick, I get really sick for days.

But now, I think it came back.

 

 

“Joohyuk, are you awake?” I heard Soomin’s soft voice that woke me up.

I slowly grabbed my phone that was charging on the nightstand and look at the time that shows 8 in the morning. It is time to leave house if I don’t want to be late but I don’t feel well.

“I’m awake. You’ll go first. Bye.” I forced to raise my weak voice so that she wouldn’t suspect anything.

“I’ll see you in class then!” She responded and quickly left for school.

“I shouldn’t make her stay just for me. I can do this by myself.” I tried to stand up but my leg felt like it gave up on life.

---

 

It’s tea break and it’s 10.30 but Joohyuk hasn’t arrived yet in class. I wanted to ask Jisoo whether he’s coming or not but on second thought, I don’t want to look like I’m so obsessed with Joohyuk. He’s fine, Soomin. He’s a grown up adult. You don’t need to worry about him.

“Have you finished up our project?” Hana asked as she linked her arms with mine.

“I’ve done everything. We just need to finish everything up by today.” I responded and my phone vibrates. It was from Joohyuk’s mum.

“Why is she calling?” I took a deep breath before sliding to answer.

 

“Hi, mum.” I greeted, clearing my throat at the same time.

Hi, Soomin. Where are you right now?” She asked.

“I’m in school. What happened, mum?”

I don’t know what’s happening but did Joohyuk come to school today? I feel so worried.”

“Joohyuk?” I looked at Hana and she responded with her huge eyes.

“He hasn’t come to class yet. I think he’ll come after our tea break.” I replied.

He called me during my meeting just now and when I wanted to call him back, the call ended. Then I tried calling him again and he answers it but he didn’t say anything.”

I grew worried at what might happen to him.

“I’ll try and call him. I’ll update you if there’s anything.” I said and waited for her to hang up the call.

“Hana, what is the worst thing that could happen to Joohyuk?” I asked but she shrugged her shoulder.

“His mum said he called her but she didn’t answer. Then she called him back but he didn’t respond.” I explained.

Hana gasped, closing , “Did anything happen to him just now?”

“He seems fine.” I dragged my words but Hana suggested something.

“Try asking Jisoo. Maybe Joohyuk messaged him or something.” Hana said and both of us rush back to the classroom.

To not look like I’m panicking, I maintained and walked back into the class where Jisoo is all alone. He is still writing down the notes.

I slowly walked to him and tap his desk, “Is Joohyuk coming?” I asked, clearing my throat and try not to look like I’m obsessed.

“Joohyuk?-” He pouts out his bottom lips and checked his phone.

“I called and messaged him but he didn’t answer or reply to any.” Jisoo replied.

This time, I grew even more worried.

“What happened? Why do both of you look worried with those furrowed brows and all?” Jisoo stood up and matches his eyes with our eye level.

“Nothing serious,” I fake a laugh but really I am not laughing.

“What could be the worst thing that happened? He called his mum just now but he didn’t say anything. It was silent.” I explained and Jisoo immediately grab his phone.

“Was he sick?” He asked while dialing Joohyuk’s number.

“He was fine.” I answered and then remembered how bad his elbow was bleeding yesterday.

“His elbow bleeds a lot yesterday though.” I told Jisoo and he immediate grabbed my shoulder.

“You go home now and check on him. He rarely gets sick but when he’s sick, it’s really serious! To add on, I bet he lost a lot of blood. That could be a possible reason that he’s sick right now. I and Hana will explain to Mrs. Lee later.” He said and Hana also told me to hurry up and rush back home.

Jisoo looked serious, too serious that it scares me.

But Joohyuk was alright when he was in the hospital. He wasn’t sick at all. What if I came back home and he’s all fine? What if he’s eating ice-cream at the couch and the moment I walked into the house, he looked at me and asked me why am I here?

Stop it, Soomin. Stop it! Jisoo won’t joke around about this.

I pack my bag and rush out the class and run all the way back home with all my energy left. Everyone, thankfully, made their way for me but of course they gave me a weird stare instead. It has been a long time since I rushed back home.

As soon as I reach the apartment, I rush for the elevator but it took years to come and I finally decide to take the stairs to level 5 instead.

I swear if nothing happened to Joohyuk right now, I will slap his face for worrying everyone.

After what felt like eternity, I keyed in the password of our house and rush in after throwing off my shoes. I calmed myself down before opening Joohyuk’s door. It was closed before I leave for school but this time, the door was left ajar.

“Joohyuk…” I called his name softly but there was no respond.

“Joohyuk, don’t scare me.” I slowly push the door open and he was lying on the floor with his hands underneath his head and the other over his body.

He was unconscious. .

“Joohyuk!” I rush over to his to grab him and put his head on my lap but he was burning hot.

“Wake up, Joohyuk. What are you doing?” I was shocked and couldn’t think about anything else.

Joohyuk made a little noise and pants. His forehead was covered with sweats and his shirt was drenched.

“My phone-“ I grabbed my phone out of my skirt pocket and called 119 for help.

“Don’t go to sleep. You need to be awake.” My hand was shaking and I couldn’t do anything else but to wipe the sweat on his forehead.

 

The ambulance came immediately after and they took Joohyuk onto the stretcher. Everything was so chaos that it felt like a dream for a second. I was told to follow and I quickly grabbed my phone and purse in my bag as I quickly followed them to the ambulance.

Joohyuk were forced to be kept awake by the medics. He kept mumbling under his breath but no one could understand what he was saying.

Arrived at the emergency services, he was given a bed and nurses were rushing towards him. What is happening? I still can’t wake up from this dream. Or is this not a dream?

“Are you Nam Joohyuk’s guardian?” A doctor came to me after an hour of waiting at the waiting area.

“Yes, I am.” I stood up immediately and he gave me a smile.

“He’s being transferred into a ward now but he’s asleep. You may go and visit him but I would appreciate if he doesn’t really move much.” He said and I went to the ward.

He was sleeping on the bed and several of small needles were piercing through his veins. It felt so painful just looking at it. My heart felt pain.

“Why do bad things keep happening to you? It hasn’t been weeks but you’re back in the hospital.” I whispered since all the patients were asleep.

“Why am I not the one who experiences this? It is supposed to be me having a bad life, not you.” I whispered once again and close my face with both my hands.

Spirit told me that my life is going to be dark but why Joohyuk is the one who is going through all of this? Why not me? Why him? Jisoo said Joohyuk rarely gets sick but bad things kept happening to him when I live with him.

“Am I the one who brings bad luck?” I sighed and looked at his hands which were full of veins.

---

 

 

What is thing stingy feeling on my hand? Why does it feel so sharp? I gulped as I slowly open my eyes where somewhere unfamiliar greeted me.

“Where am I?” I wanted to sit but my body was aching badly.

“You’re up?” I heard Soomin’s voice and she approached me quickly with wearing her uniform.

“Am I where I think it is?” I looked at her and she nods her head.

“You’re in a hospital.” She said and I raised my hand up which is full of needles.

“What am I doing here? What are you doing here in uniform? What time is it?” I bombard her with question.

“You fainted in your room. I went back home when your mum called me and after being told by Jisoo that I have to check on you. And it’s 3 in the afternoon.” She replied to my questions slowly but steady.

“Why did I faint?” I asked her then I remembered how I called my mum earlier in front of my room door, asking for help.

“I don’t know. Why do you think you faint?” She leaned forward and looked at me with her huge swimming pool eyes again.

“It’s the first time I ever fainted in my life.” I answer and she chuckled.

“You should have told me your wound is still bleeding. You lost too much blood and you fell sick, really sick.” She answered after a while.

“I don’t always get sick though. The last time I was sick was when Joo-.“ I wanted to continue but stopped when I remembered about my dream last night.

“When what?” She asked.

“Nothing, there’s nothing.” I lean back on the pillow and take a huge breath.

“I hate hospitals. Why didn’t you bring me to a clinic instead?” I said.

“Mr. Nam Joohyuk, how do you expect me to bring you to a clinic when you weigh double than me?” She rolled her eyes and I realized that question made me sound like I didn’t appreciate her effort.

“Sorry.” I reached out for her hands and held it tight in mine.

“Thank you for saving my life. It felt like I was seeing the afterlife for a moment just now.” I said and her eyes changes direction.

“You should thank your mum and Jisoo for making me go back and save your .” She replied.

We sat down for hours and talk about meaningless thing like why we like our favorite colors and how I met Jisoo and other kind of stuffs. But then, we were interrupted when Soomin’s phone rang.

“Hi, Hana.” She slides and answers the call.

“What?!” She widened her eyes and jumped from her seat.

“How did they know?” She said and I was curious about what’s the content of their conversation.

“Why is she so big mouth?” She pouted and sat down back.

“Okay, then. Thanks for telling me.” She hung up the call and grabs her outerwear of the uniform.

“Your classmates are coming to see you.” She told me and I could definitely understand why she was shocked.

“Who told them?” I questioned.

“Who else told them if it’s not Mrs. Lee?” She smiled and stands up but I didn’t want her to go.

“I’ll go home. If you want me to come back, just give me a call. But I don’t expect anything so have fun.” She pushed in the chair and wanted to leave but I grabbed her wrist. Damn dramatic.

“I’ll definitely call you an hour later. I don’t want to see their faces for too long so when I managed to shoo them away, I’ll call you.” I said and she chuckled.

“That’s not a nice thing to say.” She paused and added on, “Haru may be coming too so-“

She laughed as she waved me goodbye.

“This girl, does she not know I want her to stay?” I kicked the blanket off my legs and lay down back.

“I’m not sick anymore. I can go back.” I was talking to myself but the patient beside me stares at me like I owed him something.

“Is she your girlfriend?” The male patient beside me asked.

“She’s my wife.” I winked and he looks even more disgusted.

---

 

 

“That was definitely from a drama scene that I have never watched before.” I whined as soon as I get back home and threw down my purse and phone on my bed.

“How can he fell sick suddenly?” I lay to my right when the picture spirit gave yesterday greeted me.

“What am I going to do with this little girl?” I stretched my body and reached out for the picture which is thankfully within my reach.

“Spirit, where are you?” I called him but there was no respond.

“How can you disappear so easily when I need to help you? Who is this little girl and why must I find her? What should I say to her when I find her?” I raised my voice and closed my eyes to take a short nap.

 

 

“Here, you dropped it.” I turned around when someone tapped on my shoulder while queuing for lunch at the canteen.

“Thank you.” I said with a smile and he too responded with a smile.

From afar, someone yelled a person’s name and the guy who gave me back my money turned around.

“Mr. Nam Joohyun, I told you to wait for me!” The friend’s guy said as they walked forward.

 

 

I opened my eyes wide and sat up immediately.

“Was that real or was that a dream?” I kept my eyes opened and tried to remember what my mind just flashed.

“That was real. That happened before when I was queuing for food with the girls.” I remembered what happened about a year ago.

“Why did I think of that suddenly?” I calmed myself down trying to gather my thoughts altogether.

“That guy was Nam Joohyun?” I asked myself and walked to Joohyuk’s room which was dark and cold.

“I’ve met Joohyun before?” I walked myself to his desk and take a good look at the portrait.

“Human?” I heard spirit’s voice and I turned around.

---

 

 

“Spirit, you’re here.” Soomin walked towards me as soon as I called her.

“What were you doing?” I asked.

“Something weird just happened. Joohyuk is in the hospital and just now my mind flashed something that happened a year ago.” Soomin started the conversation and she sat down on the bed.

“I’ve met Joohyuk’s twin before.” She said and suddenly my vision became blurry and I was dizzy.

“Joohyun, Joohyuk’s twin, handed me back a money note that I dropped at the canteen. I didn’t know his name until his friend called his name. I totally forget about that because it has been a year and I didn’t really think about that but now, it suddenly flashes in my mind while I was closing my eyes just now.” She continued telling her story but I couldn’t respond to her.

My heart began to beat fast and I could feel my heart was pumping so fast that it felt tight.

“Oh, about the little girl-. “ Soomin turned around and stood up straight when she saw me clenching my heart on the floor.

“Spirit, are you alright?” She held my hand but her hands go through my body.

“Shouldn’t you go back there? How can I help you?” She asked but I shook my head.

“I can’t go back.” I told her and she gasped, closing .

“I need to find the little girl. Till then, I can’t go back.” I explained and she panicked.

“How is that okay? Shouldn’t they be responsible for their guardian? How can they be so irresponsible?” She paced around the room, trying to figure out something.

“I wanted to ask you about the little girl but now…” She sighed deeply and looked at me with her eyes full of worries.

“I’m fine now. It was a sudden attack just now.” He take a huge breathe in and out.

I am fine already but why did I experience that again? I have been find roaming around the human world without feeling that since yesterday but just now.

“How can I find that girl? I want to help you too.” She asked me again and I shrugged my shoulder.

“I don’t know who she is and how she is related to me.” I answered and she run to her room then she came back running, sitting in front of me.

“Don’t you at least know what her name is? Doesn’t your superior tell you that at least?” She questioned and my mind flashes something that made my head dizzy again.

 

 

“DAD!” A little girl ran to the 2 guys in front of her.

“Hey, little sweetheart!” The left guy grabbed her into his arm and swings her around.

“I was waiting for you to come!” She giggled and hugged him so tight.

“Meet my other half aka twin brother. His name is Joohyuk.” The guy introduced his twin to the little girl and she grabbed his cheeks.

“Twin brother? Both of you doesn’t look the same.” She laughed and he put her down.

“I have a present for you.” He takes out the present he prepared days ago for the little girl and gave it to her.

“Do you like it?” He asked and the girl once again was jumping around, swinging the purple giraffe around.

 “I don’t have that much money and other kids don’t really click with me.” The guy said, looking at his twin as if he could read his twin’s mind.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever. What should I do now?” His twin asked him and he push his twin to the other kids.

“Play with them. I’ll keep Soomin accompany.” He stated and his twin turned around.

“Soomin?” His twin said her name again and he nodded his head.

“Her name is Jung Soomin.” He told.

 

 

“Jung Soomin.” I told her what my mind flashes just a second ago.

“Yes, why did you call me?” Soomin asked, looking at me with her huge eyes.

“The little girl name is Jung Soomin.” I told her.

 

What was that I just experienced? Why did it felt real?

---

 

 

What time are they going back?

Why do they think they can stay here for as long as they want to?

Is this ward a vacation home for them?

Why come and visit me if all they’re doing is laughing by themselves and using their phone?

I looked at Jisoo and he looked back at me.

It’s already 7 at night and I want to see Soomin already.

“Guys, don’t you want to go home now?” I speak out and the guys looked at me.

“I’m fine already.” I said and Kai stepped up.

“We’ll come tomorrow too then. I think it’s only right for you to rest.” He said and thank you to all gods out there.

“It’s okay. I’ll just update you if there’s anything. Thanks for coming though.” I said and one by one left me with Jisoo.

“Phew, that was hard to make them leave.” Jisoo wiped his forehead and I chuckled.

“It’s not cool right if I ask Soomin to come? I wanted to see her face longer.” I said and dropped my shoulder.

“Bro, do you know your temperature is still at the above 39degree? How can you still be thinking of her?” Jisoo replied.

“I’ll tell her to come tomorrow. I’ll accompany you until the nurse kicks me out.” He added on.

“Your parents are coming later though.”

“I’m going to the toilet. Want to follow?” I teased Jisoo and he pushed me away.

---

 

After I walked Joohyuk to the toilet, I excuse myself and told him I wanted to go home so that he could have an alone time with his parents. We walked out of the toilet and I wanted to walk him back to his ward but he asked me to leave.

“I’ll come tomorrow!” I yelled at him and he waved at me as he slowly walks back.

As I walked towards the entrance, I saw Joohyuk’s parents and Soomin together. I greeted them before I go but something felt different.

After they continue marching forward to the ward, I turned back and saw someone familiar beside Soomin, looking back at me.

“Joohyun?”

---

Joohyuk’s mum called me and said she wanted me to come to the hospital too. When I reached with spirit beside me, we walked to Joohyuk’s ward slowly. I offered to carry the stuffs she brings and it was damn heavy, seriously.

“I brought abalone porridge and mild seasoned veggies. Joohyuk doesn’t like to eat when he’s sick. I hope he wants to at least eat this.” She sighed but anyone could tell she’s worried.

Spirit was standing beside me the whole time and he remained silent. He didn’t want to separate from me after that incident for some reason that I don’t even know.

We met Jisoo for a while and before he leaves, he told me he’s coming tomorrow too.

“Soomin, why do I feel uncomfortable?” Spirit whispered at my ears and I gulped.

Spirit kept turning back while he’s walking beside me and I felt worried for him. Is he the spirit I know? Is he my guardian?

“Are you okay? You look pale.” I whispered back as I let Joohyuk’s parents walked in front of me.

“I’m fine now but why do I feel uncomfortable just now? Should I leave you with them?” He asked.

“You scare me if you’re not that creepy spirit. You should go if that makes you feel better.” I told him and he stopped walking.

“I try to continue finding that girl. I’ll go to you when I need any help.” He jumped and disappeared into thin air.

“Soomin, what are you doing? Let’s go.” Joohyuk’s mum said and I rush to them.

---

 

 

“Why did i suddenly think of that? Does that memory has something to do with me or that memory has something to do with the girl?” I ruffled my hair and wanted to give up everything but I can’t go back until I find that little girl.

“WHAT IS IT THAT I NEED TO KNOW? HEADMASTER, WHY DO I NEED TO FIND THAT LITTLE GIRL?” I shouted letting everything out but it still doesn’t satisfies me.

 “Let’s just go and continue my meaningless mission.” I jumped and went to continue searching for that little girl.

---

 

 

“You’re back.” Joohyuk’s mum said when Joohyuk reached at his bed.

I was standing in front of his bed while leaning my elbow on the portable table.

“Hi, Soomin.” He waved at me and did a little wink.

I said hi back and both his parents were giggling.

“Is the first person you saw here Soomin? Don’t you want to say hi to your parents too?” His mum said and he chuckled.

“Mum, I don’t want to eat.” He whined as he puts on the blanket himself.

“You have to eat. You’re sick.” She fought and wanted to open the container but Joohyuk hand stopped her.

“Mum, later. I’ll eat later.” He said but nothing could stop her.

“If I ask Soomin to feed you, will you eat?” She suddenly blurt that out and my eyes were opened wide.

“Mum, don’t say like that. She’ll feel uncomfortable.” Joohyuk stopped his mum from saying anything more.

“If that makes you want to eat, then Soomin, you should feed him instead.” His dad added and I look at him.

His eyes were literally telling me that I don’t have to feed him but since he really doesn’t want to eat, I said yes and take the spoon from his mum.

“I’ll feed you.” I said and his parents were looking at us like we’re performing some shows.

“Mum, dad, I can’t eat and she can’t feed me if you both look at us like that.” Joohyuk said and both of them giggled as mum clapped her hands.

“I forgot about that, honey. Let’s go outside. At least Joohyuk wants to eat and not act like last time.” She said before they leave the ward to wait outside.

“You don’t have to make them leave.” I told him but really, I was thankful he did that.

I open the lid of the container and what greeted me was delicious.

“Wow, everything your mum cooks look so delicious.” I was shocked at the visual and Joohyuk grabbed the spoon in my hand and scoop a spoonful of abalone porridge.

“You have a taste before feeding me.” He puts the spoon in my mouth with the clean spoon and I was surprised by the taste.

“That was delicious.” I said with my tongue still exploring the taste.

“Now you can feed me.” He said as he open his mouth wide.

“I thought you’re a coward when it comes to eating while you’re sick.” I said as I scoop the porridge.

Before I managed to put the porridge into his mouth, he stopped my hands and told me to feed him little by little.

“Do you know that you scare me just now?” I say as I feed him slowly.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t want to make you skip school because of me.” He replied.

“I literally skipped the whole afternoon lesson because of you.” I said and he pouted.

“I didn’t ask you to come back. Who knows that I may be sleeping on the floor and that I didn’t faint?” He wanted to make a joke but it doesn’t sound funny.

“Who fell asleep on the floor and he looks like his literally suffering?” I said and rolled my eyes.

“You were sweating like you were on fire, Mr. Nam.” I said and feed him another small portion.

“I didn’t know it was that bad.” He responded.

“Next time if you’re sick, can you tell me? Do you know how worried I was when your mum sounded serious and Jisoo looked serious?” I told him and let out what I felt.

“I’ll tell you everything from this moment onwards, deal?” He held out his pinky and I was hesitant to respond back but I intertwined my pinky with his.

“You look pretty today.” He whispered at my ears and did a little wink.

Oh no, I think my heart did a little jump. It’s beating hard. It needs to stop. What is this sorcery?

“Don’t be a coward and eat this big portion then.” I scoop a spoonful but he didn’t want to eat it.

---

 

 

I remember very clearly that I hated eating and drinking whenever I’m feeling down or when I was sick when I was a baby.

 But why does my mouth open every time she puts the spoon in front of me?

Why do I not feel like I’m having a high fever right now?

I would’ve been lying on the bed not wanting to do anything but why am I sitting right now?

What has this girl do to me?

“One last bite and you’re done.” Soomin scoop the leftover of the porridge and wanted to feed me but I didn’t open my mouth.

“Even though we won’t be able to go out tomorrow, I hope I can see you.” I told her and she laughed.

“You’ll see me every day that you’ll get sick of me one day.” She replied and forces the spoon into my mouth.

“I’ll never get sick of you.” I replied and she laughed again.

“Guys always say those kind of things but really, after a few months, girls will be the one who will hear from their boyfriend’s mouth that he’s sick of her already.” She said and closes the container as she puts it back into the bag.

“If most of the girls got that kind of treatment from their partner, I’ll make sure you’re the 0.00000001% of those girls that will not experience that.” I said but she wouldn’t believe me, instead she was smiling and nodding her head non-stop.

“Yeah yeah, whatever.” She responded and I throw myself back to the bed.

“It’s time for medicine, Mr. Joohyuk.” The nurse came to my place and placed the medicine on the portable table.

“Everything is here so would you like me to help you or she can help you?” The nurse asked politely and I told her Soomin can help me.

The nurse explained some things to Soomin and she nods her head after every explanation.

“It’s time for some medicine now.” She stand in front of me and showed me two different kind of medicine, the pill one and the liquid one.

“I hate medicine.” I pouted my bottom lips out and didn’t want to eat the medicine.

Soomin slowly pour out the liquid into the spoon provided and asked me to open my mouth.

“Don’t be a coward, Mr. Joohyuk.” She said with an evil smile and I quickly grab my water on the table.

“Such a baby.” She laughed afterwards when she managed to feed me everything.

---