Here's a rainbow for you

3 Signs : You have a bad life.

3 signs you have a bad life

Chapter 13 – Here’s a rainbow for you.

---

 

 

I asked for permission in the middle of Mrs. Lee lesson to go to the toilet. Thanks to that Joohyuk, I couldn’t focus on the lesson. My brain too keep reminding myself that Joohyuk really doesn’t look drunk when he confess and heck, he even messaged me this morning saying that he’s not drunk when saying that.

I have been sitting inside this cubicle for about 3 minutes and I have no intention to go out and enter the class. If I could, I would stay here until class ends for the day.

“Soomin, you’re a cool girl. You can’t let those words shake you up. You still have 4 more exams to go and achieve that 4 GPA again by the end of the year. There’s no time to be thinking about guys!” I slapped my cheek to wake myself up and face the reality.

 “You need to focus on the lesson not thinking about what Joohyuk said last night.” I take a deep breath and stand up and leave the toilet.

I walked back to class and walked pass a guy who was walking towards my direction. He stopped walking and walks backwards, standing beside me.

“Hey, who is that girl in your class with long hair and black sneakers?” He asked and I looked up.

 He’s the cute guy from the class beside mine, Kim Taehyung. Every girl in these floor level purposely walked in front of his class just to see him.

“Who?” I asked him again and he repeated the same question.

Who the heck wears black sneakers again?

“Are you talking about Haru?” I asked him literally scanning the whole class mentally and who are wearing black sneakers. Most of them wear white or other colors except Haru who wears black sneakers. He looked like what I said was right.

“Is her name Haru?” He repeated and I shrugged my shoulder.

“Yes, I think so.” I said before I moved on forward.

Aish, a lot of guys are chasing for Haru but she’s crazy for Joohyuk. Can’t blame her though, Joohyuk’s hot, I admit that.

 

“You’re really enjoying the 6 minutes in the toilet don’t you?” Mrs. Lee pointed out as soon as I enter the class.

I responded with a smile and quickly sit down.

“Hey, you know the cute guy from the class next to ours?” I leaned towards Hana and whispered.

She nod her head and looked at me with her huge eyes, “What about him?”

“He asked me, “Hey, who is that girl in your class with long hair and black sneakers?” I told her exactly and she immediately looked down at her sneakers.

“Who is he talking about?” Her shoulder dropped with a face that shows disappointment.

“I should have worn black sneakers instead of red today.” She added on and I laughed.

“Who else are guys chasing for except for Haru?” I said and she pointed at my shoes.

“Aren’t your sneakers black too?” She asked and I shook my head.

“Never will there be a day when a guy asked for my name or my number.” I said and she leaned near me with her still looking forward at the black board.

“What if he’s asking about you and not Haru? Girl, you need to think highly of yourself sometimes too. You’re not bad looking. You’re actually better looking than Haru, it’s just that you’re too quiet, the guys find it hard to approach you. I believe if you start talking with the guys and make friends with them, you will beat Haru in terms of popularity.” She said and that make me feel better a bit.

“No thanks, Hana. I like my low-popularity life better.” I said and she couldn’t agree more to that.

 

Lunch time came and every 2nd Tuesday of the month, the broadcasting students will open a request for any students who would like to dedicate a song to anyone be it their friends, teacher or crush.

Me and Hana queue while happily waiting for our lunch which we ordered spicy beef stew, a perfect lunch for this hot weather.

 

“Welcome to our one and only ‘Request a Song’ that’s only open on the 2nd Tuesday of each month!” One of the broadcasting club students said and it was broadcast to the whole school even the toilet!

“We have opened our request just a second ago and we currently already have 22 requests and most of it are from guys dedicating a song to a girl! Wow, I am excited to hear what song there is listed!”

“Let’s listen to a message given by our first student who sent in a request. He’s a student from engineering school and would like to dedicate Block B’s- Unordinary girl to an engineering girl as well! Wow, can we already feel the hot engineering love forming here?” He sounded excited as me and Hana walks to an empty table, ready to eat our heart out.

“He wrote a message saying he has been eyeing this girl for a while and it’s the first time ever he gathered his confidence to talk to her. He hopes she’s enjoying her spicy beef stew right now with her friend while listening to the song he dedicates to her.” He said and Hana looked at me again with her eyes opened wide and look at our food.

I was busy slurping away the soup, couldn’t be bothered with what the guy said.

“You should try the beef, it’s so tender.” I grabbed a piece and dip it into the sauce and ate it. Damn, it was delicious.

He also wants the girl to know that she left quite a strong impression and there’s a guy who has fallen for her and there’s no way out of it.” He added on.

“Well, I hope she’s out there enjoying her spicy beef stew while also enjoying this sweet song!” The song started to play and every girl in the cafeteria seems to be looking around to find girls who are eating a spicy beef stew.

“Hey, what if the guy dedicates it to one of us?” Hana whispered but I know she would be so happy if it happens to be her.

“Hana, there’s more than 2 of us here eating spicy beef stew. We will never be those girls who guys want to dedicate a song to.” I told her the hard cold truth.

“You don’t have to remind me that.” She pouts and continues eating her stew while feeling so down about what I told her. Girl, you need to face the reality. No guys are even looking at us right now. It’s impossible for any guys to like us.

 

“I like you, Soomin.” He told me looking fully conscious with his eyes open wide.

“I was jealous when that hot neighbor of yours was approaching you.” He said, still holding on my hand.

 

Holy crap, it’s here again. That memory came back again after I managed to keep it down hidden in my brain. I choked on my stew and quickly reach out for my ice water.

“You okay girl?” Hana asked, tapping my back softly.

“Okay, I’m more than okay.” I answered and gulped finish the whole glass of ice water.

---

 

Mrs. Lee released us 10 minutes earlier and as usual, me and Jisoo leave the class before the whole class jammed packed at the door. I have to go for my last practical lesson before I can take a test for my bike license which I hopefully can pass it with flying colors and buy a bike straight afterwards.

I kept glancing a look at Soomin but she doesn’t seem to respond and look at me back. She definitely knows how to push and pull a guy’s feeling around. I grabbed my phone out my pocket and dial her number.

It took a few seconds for her to answer and she said hello with her soft voice.

Hello.”

Hey, I’ll be back home later today. Make sure to lock the doors.” I said and she responded with an okay.

This conversation cannot end like this.

“Can I meet you for a while?” I asked and she asked where.

 

Two minutes later, she arrived at the back of the school where the school pond is and anyone could notice she was vigilant of the situation, scared if anyone she knows saw her with me. I mean I don’t care if I was seen with her but what would people say if they saw her together with me.

“What’s up?” She said with her back facing the rest of the school building.

“Nothing, I just wanted to see you before I go.” I said and she bit her lips in.

“That’s all?” She asked, looking at me with her wide eyes open.

 “I know you took my 20,000 won too.” I said and she gritted her teeth.

“I’ll pay you back when I get my pay.” She said. Damn, she looks so cute! I want to squeeze her face and her chubby cheeks so bad.

“Instead of paying me back, go out with me this weekend.” I said and she choked literally seconds after I said that.

“No excuses saying that you have things to do and you’re meeting your friends.” I warned her before she can make any excuses.

“Go home then, I’ll see you tomorrow morning.” I smiled and she gave me a slight smile before going off.

I have succeeded 30% in my relationship life. This weekend will make it 10% higher.

 

 

After what felt like forever at the practical lesson, it finally ended and Jisoo called me up to have late dinner with him saying that it’s his treat.

“You’re really treating me?” I said as soon as I saw him waiting outside the building.

“Sure, man. Let’s go.” He locked my neck with his arm and we walked down the roadway.

Three minutes later, both of us stopped in front of a convenience store, “Really? When you say you’re treating, you’re treating me a convenience store food?”

Jisoo showed his pearly whites and open the door, pushing me in.

“You should be grateful, you middle parted hair man!” He pulls me to the instant noodles section and asked me to choose 3 flavors.

“I’ll treat you seafood, beef and chicken flavor then.” He picked the flavors for me instead and gets 2 eggs and his favorite instant noodle.

“Which one will you eat today, seafood, beef or chicken?” He held out the cup noodles at the hot water corner after paying.

“I would like to have seafood, thank you.” I grabbed the cup from him and pour the hot water myself.

“Have an egg as well.” He peeled the egg and gives me when we sat down at the seating corner.

“You should treat me cider too if you’re really treating.” I told him and he quickly rushes and grab the cider and came back after paying it.

“What is up with you?” I asked while waiting for the noodles to be cooked.

“We should eat first if you want me to tell you why.” He answered and our late dinner was quiet until 10 minutes later when all the food is cleared.

I gulped down the whole leftover cider and burped.

“Spill it out, slanted eyes.” I said.

“Okay, middle parted hair. I have hot news to share with you.” He said and asks me to lean forward, near to him.

“I heard a guy with his friend talking about Soomin in the toilet just after you left for the practical lesson.” He said.

“You stayed in school after class?” I asked him curious.

“How could you forget? I have soccer practice every Tuesday you middle parted hair!” He hit my head and I hissed in pain.

“I’m sorry.” I laughed and went back to serious mode when I remembered he said the name Soomin.

“How do you know they’re talking about Soomin? Do you know how many Soomin are there in this school?” I asked but only god knows how curious I am right now.

“You’re right, but hear me out. I was in the cubicle doing my business when I heard him. I thought it was a different Soomin too at first but he mentioned to his friend Soomin from Facility design, our course!” He raised his voice but I told him to keep it down.

“Apparently he is the student next to our class!” Jisoo said with his voice raised.

“How do you know he’s the student next to our class? What did he say about Soomin? That is what I am curious about.” I bombard him with multiple questions and he grabbed the bottle I was holding onto which I unknowingly crushed it up.

“I quickly get out of the cubicle and wash my hand at the sink where both of them were standing and talking at. The guy said to his friend that he approached Soomin asking the name of the girl in our class that has long hair and wears black sneakers. Soomin replied Haru and left.”

“Then he continued saying,” He leaned forward and told me not to get shocked.

“He said that he wasn’t talking about Haru. Soomin doesn’t realize she has long hair and she’s wearing black sneakers too!” Jisoo continued and my eyes were open so wide.

“How does he know Soomin’s name then?” I asked, curious.

“He heard a short girl called Soomin’s name while both of the girls talked outside the class yesterday before lunch. He walked beside both of the girls and that’s where he knows Soomin’s name.” He answered.

“Someone has a crush on her, Joohyuk.” Jisoo added and slurp his leftover soup.

“Tsk, why like my wife when there are a lot of other girls!” I raised my voice and slammed the table with my chopstick.

---

 

 

It has been 30 minutes since I’m standing in front of my full length mirror which is a need for every girl out there.

“I look so good in black, how you could tell me my lucky color is pink?” I glare at spirit who was hanging his leg off my bed while laying down on his back.

“You’ll look great in pink too. Do you know that you have to change your fashion style in the future?” He replied back.

“I will in the future but now I love black and I’ll look good in anything that’s black.” I said and he shot up.

“You’ll look good in dress too if you’re curious. I see that there are all jeans, tight and oversized hoodie.” He made another unnecessary comment about my fashion.

“You talk so much about my clothes but you still wear the same clothes every single day and it’s all in black.” I shot back and he stood behind me looking at the mirror.

“What do you expect a dead person to wear? Blue shirts with green palm trees printed on it? Or yellow shirt with surfboards printed on it?” He rolled his eyes.

“Hey, other than our fashion, are you here to tell me about what’s going to happen to or you’re just here for fun?” I reminded him what the purpose of him visiting me is.

“One of my seniors went to afterlife this morning.” He said with a low tone.

I stopped looking at myself in the mirror and sat beside him at the bed.

“What happened?” I asked and he turned his body and look at me.

“He found out who his family members were and he was forced to go to the afterlife when he came back.” He stared and added on.

“He can’t be a guardian anymore.” He said and lay back down on the bed with his arms spread out.

“Do you like being a guardian so much?” I asked him.

“I think that’s why I am a guardian since I volunteer a lot in my past life. I loved helping people but the moment I find out about my life, I will be gone to the afterlife. The signs are near, Soomin.” He said with a sad tone.

“Maybe it’s time for you to go.” I said and he sat up beside me.

“I still need to guide you through your life. My job isn’t over until you overcome a huge bad luck in your life.” He answered. I felt thankful for a kind spirit like him.

“Thanks, spirit.” I thanked him and he look at himself in the mirror before he disappears.

“Life hasn’t been bad for you after all.” He said

“Don’t forget to always keep that paper with you wherever you go.” He said and asked me where did I put the paper at, I pointed back at my vanity table. He nodded and did his little jump and disappears.

So far, yes he’s right. I haven’t had any bad day except for the fact that those childish girls are still ignoring the heck out of me and Hana.

 

I close my wardrobe and go out to the kitchen to grab any small bites. Opening the top cupboard, I was greeted by delicious looking instant corn flavored sausages that Jisoo bought for Joohyuk.

“He won’t notice it if I were to take only 2 of the sausages.” I grabbed two sausages and close back the cupboard, moving onto the fridge.

I wanted to grab my normal apple juice but I saw 4 different types of mug with different colored drink inside. It comes with a note as well.

“How did I not notice this earlier?” I take a look one by one and read this post it.

 

The yellow colored smoothie read, ‘If you’re hungry, drink me. I have banana, vanilla protein powder (Joohyuk’s precious supplement) and milk.’

The green one read, ‘If you’re craving veggies, drink me. I have a lot of spinach, yogurt and milk.’

The red one read, ‘If you’re bored of life and want to have some sweet treats to cheer you up, drink me. I have cherry yogurt, frozen strawberry and milk.’

Last but surely not least, the clear green one, ‘If you want to sleep after this, drink me. I have different kind of seeds and spinach.”

 

“I thought we ran out of groceries, how can he make all of this?” I grab the last one I read and close the fridge door.

What did I do to deserve such a guy?

There goes my fast beating heartbeat again. Damn, that’s dangerous.

I walked back to my room with heartbeat still fast but something was pulling me, asking me to go to Joohyuk’s room.

That portrait.

It is still bothering me. Where did I saw Joohyuk’s twin before? He looks pretty familiar but I couldn’t recall any of my memories.

“Have we met before, Nam Joohyun?”

---

 

 

It is nearly 10 at night and I am finally home. After keying in the password, I enter the house and saw Soomin at the couch with the television on.

“Is she really watching the re-run of 2 days 1 night when she watched it last Sunday already?” I shook my head and walk over to her.

She was sleeping and her eyes are shut really close. The remote on her hand is also held tight.

I tapped her shoulder lightly and ask her to wake up but she replied with, “I told you I didn’t take your snack!”

“You didn’t take my snack?” I laughed and look at the table that has the mug of smoothie I made for her and 2 wrapping plastic of my sausage.

“I think you did take my snack.” I replied and her eyes shot wide.

She sat up and looks at me with her eyes wide open, “You’re back?”

I nod and stand up, “Why didn’t you sleep inside?”

“I was watching Barbie.” She replied and went back to sleep with her eyes again closed real tight.

“I think you’re sleep talking.” I wake her up again but she’s already snoring.

“How were your eyes wide opened while you’re sleep talking?” I close the television and grabbed her legs and shoulder, carrying her back to her room.

Her room was in a mess with her uniforms not hanged up properly and her wardrobe door opened slightly.

I put the blanket on her and then properly hang her uniform when something at her vanity table catches my attention.

It’s a piece of empty paper.

 

 

Believe it or not, it has been a week since I’ve met with that horrible accident. It’s already Wednesday morning and we’re back in class. I purposely came earlier than anyone and asked Jisoo to join me on our early morning mission.

“Make sure to tell me when you saw the guy who talks about Soomin yesterday.” I remind Jisoo as he kept a close watch at the window between the class and the hallway.

It was still early for any students to come but its okay since I need to know what that guy is and I can’t miss this golden chance. I’ll dig every single information he knows about Soomin and have a one on one fight with him. Nah, just kidding, I ain’t got time to fight.

The clock shows 30 minute before 9 and finally students came in one by one, shocked by mine and Jisoo’s presence. Jisoo slammed on my table while I was dozing off and shook me real hard.

“That’s him! He was the one who talk about Soomin!” He whispered at me as he point to the guy who’s walking to his class with headphones on.

“Let’s go and find out what is this guy made of!” I dragged Jisoo out with me and pretend we’re walking outside his class.

We stand in the middle of the hallway between our classes and saw him putting down his bag.

“I think he’s a hot stuff. Look at the amounts of wrapping gifts on his table.” Jisoo said acting like he wasn’t looking at the guy.

“What is his name?” I asked Jisoo back while pretending to play with my phone.

“I have no idea. Hey, he’s going out.” Jisoo said and we slowly followed him at the back.

“Wow, girls are literally throwing themselves at him.” Jisoo stated and yes he’s right.

“He couldn’t be the guy who’s talking about Soomin. He’s popular enough to even notice who Soomin is.” I said and wanted to walk back to our class but Jisoo grabbed my wrists.

“He’s going down.” Jisoo said but I didn’t want to look since I am sure he is not the guy who talks about Soomin.

“Soomin is going up.” He added and that very moment I turned my head and face the staircase direction.

The guy stopped in front of Soomin who was listening to her music with earpieces on. She slowly looked up to see who it was and took out her earpiece.

“How dare he stand in front of Soomin like that?!” I wanted to stomp my feet and walked to them but Jisoo stopped me.

“What are they talking about?” I glared at Jisoo who shot me his confused look as well.

“Doesn’t matter what they’re talking about because Soomin literally is furrowing her eyebrow at him!” Jisoo replied, studying the facial expression of Soomin.

Few minutes later, the guy moved to the right and let Soomin walk up the stairs while he goes down. She’s walking towards you, Joohyuk. She’s near. She’s here. But she’s playing with her phone.

I lean my back at the railing with Jisoo copying what I am doing and purposely let a leg out.

She avoided my leg without looking at whose leg it was and she continued walking with her phone on her hand, concentrating hard at what was on the screen.

“HOLY CRAP, SHE JUST IGNORED YOU AND YOUR LEG!” Jisoo laughed out loud again and I nearly wanted to throw him to the ground floor but thank god, he still has a long life to live.

---

 

 

Lunch time came around and I swear this is the second day in a row I couldn’t focus on Mrs. Lee lesson. My brain kept reminding me of what happened earlier and what happened two days ago. Jeez, I can’t handle this. I have a lot of assignments to prepare and finish in a week.

Jokes on you, Soomin.

But really though, what’s the purpose of that cute guy again? Why are all cute guys weird? Take the cute neighbor for example, he is literally a stalker. Then this cute guy named Taehyung suddenly talked to me yesterday and this morning.

He stopped in front of me and I literally couldn’t be bothered with what he said.

 

“Hey.” A pair of leg welcomed me when I was about to reach the landing of the staircase.

I slowly look up to see who was it and he was the cute guy again. I take off my earpiece and listen to what he said.

“Did you hear the first song during yesterday’s broadcast?” He asked.

“What song? There was a broadcast?” I asked him back, trying so hard to remember what happened yesterday.

“Oh, during lunch?” I said and he nod.

“The first song was from me.” He point to himself with a cute smile which makes his eyes look smaller.

“Oh, that’s a nice song.” I said but really, I don’t know what song was that. All I could remember was Hana being all excited when the song was playing.

“You think so? I think that’s a nice song to describe my feelings to someone.” He said and really, get to the point man.

I scratch my itchy chin and looked at him with my confused ‘what-in-the-world-are-you-talking-about’ look.

“You should get going then.” He said and moved to the right.

 

 

“Did you hear what the girls said just now while I went to the toilet?” Hana grabbed my hand and linked it with hers.

“What?” I answered, couldn’t be bothered with anything anymore.

“Haru told Eunna that Joohyuk is asking her out this weekend!” She whispered but it was too loud for a whisper.

 

“Instead of paying me back, go out with me this weekend.”

 

I remembered what Joohyuk said yesterday and seriously all these things about Haru and Joohyuk are confusing me. Why in the world does Joohyuk said that to me when Haru told Eunna Joohyuk wants to take her out this weekend too? Who am I going to really believe now?

“Then Haru said his bucket list is to go to the beach with his girlfriend and hold hands while walking near the waves. Eww, so cheesy.” Hana squirmed and all I could do is take a huge deep breath.

“Is Haru really contacting Joohyuk?” I asked carefully without creating any suspicion.

“I think they really are contacting each other. Can’t you see how happy Haru is every time she comes in class? Joohyuk and Haru came early too this morning. I bet there’s really something going on between them,” Hana added but all I could feel is my feelings got played by Joohyuk.

I don’t like him but it doesn’t mean I won’t like him. My heart just started to accept him as a guy. He is such a nice guy that every time I look at him, I feel protected and secure. But if all of these were just an act, I am going to hide in a hole for the rest of my life and not face anyone.

If he is using me to get close to Haru, boy he’s wrong.

 

After lunch ended, me and Hana walked back to class where I saw Haru talking to Joohyuk outside class.

I slowly walk towards them but I make a turn to the left to enter the classroom. Okay, Joohyuk doesn’t like you, Soomin. You’re being played by him. He’s just using you.

All that milkshakes and smoothies and confession and everything were just staged just so you would think he is a nice guy and that you will let him date your friend.

---

 

“Have you done your project with Jisoo?” Haru asked me when me and Jisoo were entering the class. She pulled my wrist and made me stand outside the classroom.

“Why do you want to know that?” I asked her back and she was holding her hands together tight as she smiles so wide.

“Joohyuk, how is your nose?” She asked me random questions and I swear this girl needs a knock on her head.

“It’s fine, I’m fine. Everything is okay and I am happy with my life right now. Get to the point and spill it, Haru.” I said and blew a raspberry.

From afar I saw Soomin walking with Hana and she was looking at me with her straight expressionless face.

, she’s probably thinking something else. I wanted to follow her when she enter the class but got called by Mrs. Yong, our next lesson teacher, to help her with carrying the lecture notes.

“What are you doing, Joohyuk? Mrs. Yong needs help.” Haru called my name loud and clear and I glanced at Soomin who was chugging down a bottle of water.

I dragged my off and help Mrs. Yong with the lecture notes she’s carrying.

“Haru, you can give Joohyuk some of it. Girls shouldn’t be carrying heavy things.” Mrs. Yong said and Haru stared at me.

I take 30% of what she’s carrying and hurry my up back to class. I put down the lecture notes on the teacher’s table and hurry back to my seat. Haru then entered and tuck her hair behind while walking to her seat.

I slowly took a glance at Soomin but she was staring at her book with her sharp looking eyes and scribbling something on the book.

“Thanks Joohyuk and Haru for helping me with the heavy lecture notes. I could feel my back literally breaking if you guys didn’t come and help. Sorry if I interrupt both of you just now.” She did a wink and distributes the note.

---

 

 

Class ended and so does my patience, having to sit in class and face the same old people every time. At this rate, you’re going to make your grades hit the ground, Jung Soomin. I swear I was okay until I saw Joohyuk and Haru outside the class.

I thought I would never say this but it felt like my heart just crash on the floor and broke into million pieces. Just when I thought a guy really liked me and my heart is slowly learning to like him back, this happen.

Who else can I believe if not my eyes?

With the speed of lightning, I walked back home after saying goodbye to Hana. I play my music loud enough that I couldn’t hear the surroundings.

See, this is why you shouldn’t even like someone. It’s not worth it. In the end, it’s you who got played with.

I should tell my parents that I don’t want to be married with Joohyuk anymore.

“You are so narrow-minded, my human.” I heard a familiar voice throughout the loud music I played.

I paused the music but kept walking forward.

“How can I not when I feel like my feelings got played?” I told him but he shook his head.

“You should have shown him that you’re interested in him as well!” He said.

“You should listen to his side of story too! How could you just listen to your friends?” He added and I looked at him.

“I don’t like him, spirit. None of this even matters.” I said but only god knows what I really am feeling.

“Don’t lie to yourself, Soomin. Don’t let your ego side takes over you. I told you being a couple should understand and listen to each other’s stories. Just few days ago, you told him you will listen to his stories but now you turn your back on him just because of what you hear and saw?” He said and stopped in front of him.

“He’s a good guy, Soomin. He is not playing with your feelings. He’s sincere with you and I hope you learn that.” He did his little jump and disappears.

AISH!

---

 

 

Mum called me to go back home and take some dishes with me. She cooked a lot of food and said that all the beef dishes Soomin would love it. Mum then keep reminding me to freeze the dish and heat it up when we want to eat it.

“Yes, mum I’ve heard you for the 1001th times. Can we eat already?” I asked and mum and dad started eating.

“I should have asked Soomin over as well or I should have gone there. I feel so bad that Soomin’s all alone right now.” Mum said, scooping the rice with her chopstick.

“She’s fine.” I said and dad asked me an important question.

“How are you with Soomin? Is everything going fine?” He asked and I look up from my bowl and give him a huge smile.

“Will you pay our bills? We’re broke.” I said and both of them laughed.

“What are you talking about? We’ve always been paying your bills! But we will only stop when both of you start working full-time.” Dad said and I was confused.

“Then why are there still letters of bills in the letterbox?” I asked and he asked me back whether I’ve opened it up.

“I was scared to open it up.” I said and he laughed.

“It was sent to you saying that the bills have been paid.” He explained.

“Wow, I appreciate it so much.” I thanked them and feed myself a spoonful of rice and tofu.

I was then forced back to go home after an hour and both of them bid goodbye before I disappear from their sight.

“This is heavy.” I complained and flag the taxi back home.

 

Within minutes, I reached the apartment and keyed in the password to our house.

Home sweet home.

I dragged the heavy container with my last bit of energy and place it inside the freezer until the day where we get to eat this, probably tomorrow. Unlike yesterday, Soomin is inside her room and her lights are still on.

I quickly change my uniform into something comfortable and sat down on my table. One of my to-do lists is to make something for a girl I like. Now that I have confessed to Soomin about how I feel about her, I think I should give her something handmade.

“I should put what you taught me years ago into some use.” I talk to the portrait and grab all 7 different colored origami papers in my drawer.

I fold every color into stars and put them into small jars.

“You told me girls like these kind of things so I should give her this so that she knows I’m serious about her.” I talked to myself and it’s not even 20 minutes but I’ve done folding it.

“Thanks man for teaching me this stuff that I said was useless years ago.” I close the clear mason jar filled with rainbow colors of stars and stood up.

I then grab a black small paper that matches her personality and a white marker pen. I drew a heart that fills the page and put down the date today at the corner. I fold the paper and stick it in between of the flood of rainbow stars.

Satisfied, I leave the room to see whether she is still in her room but the door was open and she’s at the kitchen.


“Hey, what are you doing?” I asked and she turned around giving me her serious look.

“I’m hungry.” She said and I giggled.

“Have you drank all the smoothies I made you?” I walk to the fridge and it was empty.

“I finished them all just now.” She replied.

“Well, I went back to my parents’ house and they insisted on giving us food back. It’s in the freezer, let me heat it up.”

---

 

 

Joohyuk grabbed the pot in the cupboard and take out a huge container filled with different kinds of veggies and marinated beef. He asked me to just sit down and wait for him.

You should not be ego, Soomin. You’ve admitted that you’re learning to like him so you need to hear his side of story as well.

Five minutes later, he served me the dishes his mum made and fresh scoop of rice.

“Thank you.” I thanked him and he sat in front of me.

“Go on and eat.” He said with a smile.

 

“He’s a good guy, Soomin. He is not playing with your feelings. He’s sincere with you and I hope you learn that.”

 

I force myself to remember what spirit said just now.

 

“You don’t want any?” I asked as he was watching me scoop the seasoned veggie with my chopstick.

He showed his pearly white and shook his head.

“Watching you eat fills me up.” He answered and I couldn’t reply to that because words can’t even leave my mouth right now.

“Joohyuk, can I ask you something?” I asked cautiously and he nod his head.

“Were you really not drunk when you said that to me last night?” I said and he sat up straight.

“Oh are we going to talk about that?” He said with a smile.

“Yes, I was not drunk at all. I remember every single word I said to you yesterday and every single action I did. If you want to double confirm it again, I can show you.” He answered but I shook my head.

“What do you think about Haru?” I managed to sneak in a bit of Haru related question and his face changes into his confused look.

“Why are you talking about Haru all of a sudden?” He asked and I grabbed the marinated beef and munch on it.

“I mean she’s a nice girl.” I said but his face doesn’t change.

“Not as nice as you,” He replied and there goes my heart again.

“Do you like GFriend?” I asked him a random question again and his mouth opened wide.

“What’s GFriend?” He answered.

Okay, he doesn’t know who GFriend is? Then what is Haru talking about?

“GFriend, the girl group.” I said and he shook his head.

“I only like Big Bang.” He responded with a wink.

“What else do you want to ask me?” He said and I think that’s enough to answer my question.

“Can I ask you a question now then, Jung Soomin?” He asked and look at me straight in the eye.

“What?” I scoop myself some rice and put beef on top.

“Will you feed me some beef, veggies and rice if you’re willing to like me back?” He said, looking straight in my eyes.

What did he say?

“What did you said?” I asked him again to make sure I wasn’t hearing the wrong thing.

“Feed me the food you’re eating if you’re willing to like me back.” He repeat and I gulped.

Spirit, where are you? How should I answer this? What should I do?

“Oh wait…” He stand up and ran to his room. He walked out from his room with a colorful looking jar on his hand.

“I made rainbow stars for you.” He slides the jar beside my food and I am shocked.

I’M SHOOK.

“Did you buy this?” I asked and he shook his head.

“I made this 20 minutes ago.” He answered.

“I am still waiting.” He put both of arms on the table, leaning forward with his mouth slightly open.

I slowly pick up the beef, veggie and put it on top of the rice.

“I’ll try if you’re not playing with my feelings.” I said and bring the spoon in front of his mouth but he didn’t eat it, instead he’s looking at me still.

“Who in the right mind will play your feelings, cutie?” He said and open his mouth wide and ate the food I gave.

“I have succeeded 30% in my relationship life yesterday and today I think I have succeeded 50%!” He stands up and jumped around.

I hope I did the right thing.

---

 

 

 

 

Thank you for subscribing!

I would love it if you were to leave some comment on how the chapters was. I tried so hard not to drag on their relationship & I hope the start of their relationship is not dissapointing!

Thank you for reading my story, I appreciate it <3