Wedding but not really

3 Signs : You have a bad life.

 

3 signs you have a bad life.

Chapter 4 - Wedding but not really.

---

 

It’s been a long time since I had my own time alone from the other guardians. You’re asking my schedule for today? Hmm, to remind my human that she has to go to her wedding this afternoon.

“No. 98.” I heard someone called my name. I thought finally I could use some time alone. Jeez.

“Yes?” I turned around and was greeted by my senior.

“How’s your human life going on?” He asked me and took a sit.

“She’s good. She finally accepted the fact that she’s getting married today.” I answered and wished that time could pass faster. I hate when I want to sit and enjoy my life, someone interferes.

“My human seems carefree about his life too. Dang, how I wish I could have a female human to deal with.” He sighed long enough that I could feel he’s had enough.

“What’s the difference though? They’re all the same to me.” I answered.

“You’re still young. You have to wait until my age till you feel the need to guide a female human instead of a male.” He replied back.

I nodded and the atmosphere became silent. It was so awkward that I could hear the ants talking.

“When will you stop guiding your human?” He said a question after a few minutes of silence.

“Until I am given a notice I could stop.” I replied short and sweet.

“Right, I can’t wait to finish guiding this human so I can move on to another one. See you at night, No. 98. I’ve got an appointment with the leader.” He stood up and disappeared.

I’ve only been guiding 2 person since I was appointed and it felt so long to finish guiding my 1st human. I wonder how long will I be guiding Soomin? Her life seems really dark when I first read her report.

---

 

I would love to give my appreciation to every god out there that they made this wedding so simple and casual. I would also like to thank our parents for being so understanding on how simple we want this wedding to be like since both of us are strangers like classmate. Thank you, god. I love you.

The wedding ended quick after exchanging of rings and vows even though it made me cringe so much but I couldn’t help it but to continue on with this arranged marriage. It was nothing special so I’m glad everything is over now.

“You guys will be living on your own house tonight, do you know that?” Joohyuk’s mum said and what, did I hear wrongly? Our own house?

“What do you mean by our own house?” Joohyuk asked with his eyebrow raised.

“We bought you guys your own house so that you won’t be living together with us even though we would love to have you come over and sleep over once in a while.” She answered.

Wow, that was unexpected.

“Driver Kim will bring you to the house so behave well and don’t fight. Make this time useful and learn more about each other.” His mother advised and the driver came on time.

“Live well, my babies.” Our parents waved us goodbye before the car drove off and went straight to the house.

“Wow, everything happened so fast today. Is this really happening?” Joohyuk said, facing me.

“That’s really was unexpected from them. I didn’t expect them to buy us an apartment so fast.” I replied.

“For you to live together there are rules that were given to me by both your parents to give it to you. There are 2 books at the back of my seat and if you like to read it now, I think it would be a great idea.” Driver Kim said as he continued driving.

“I swear they’re doing all kind of things to make us together.” Joohyuk shook his head and took one of the books while I take the other one.

“To live together, one must help each other in housework. Not only the wife should do it, the husband shall help and do their part as well.” He read it out loud.

“To live together, one must never get on another’s nerve and vice versa.” He continued and I couldn’t be bothered with the book anymore and put it back on its original place.

“You have to take both of the book back and read them at home. Everything has been prepared for you guys and all you need to do is to know each other better.” Driver Kim said as he stops and park the car in front of a luxury looking apartment.

“Here’s the key and password of the house. in case of emergency, call nobody but to help each other. It’s on Level 5 Apartment 12. Live well, young adults.” He said and both of us alight the car and walk towards the elevator.

“I bet the bills are so expensive.” Joohyuk looked astonished, making him forget to press the elevator button.

“I bet that’s the hint from our parents that we should work and pay the bill on our own.” I continued and suddenly remember about my forgotten part-time job at the restaurant.

“I only earn $8 per hour, that’s only if I work after school.” He said.

“You sure they’re not paying the bill for us?” I asked, looking up to him.

“I have a feeling that there’s 0.1% they’re going to pay the bill for us.” He replied.

“Are you guys going to stand in front of this elevator and wait for it to open itself?” A guy stood beside me and press the elevator button.

“New here?” The tall guy asked and the elevator door opened as the 3 of us walked inside.

“Yes.” Joohyuk answered.

“Oh, just the two of you?” The stranger asked again. Okay, the stranger looks hot but he is so damn god busybody.

“Oh, parents are working that’s why they can’t come?” He continued.

I looked at Joohyuk and he looked back at me with his ‘what-the--is-wrong-with-this-guy?’ face.

“What floor are you living on? I’m on level 5 apartment 11. You guys can come to me anytime you want to ask for help. I have a wonderful mum that cooks a lot everytime so if your mum is busy and doesn’t have anything to eat at home, you can come over to have diner sometimes.” He continued. What is his problem?

“Level 5 apartment 11?” Joohyuk repeated again and then I realized, his house is just right beside ours.

“Yup, how about yours?” He answered and when the elevator reach level 5, all of us stepped out and looked at each other.

“We’re neighbor then.” Joohyuk reached out his hands and the guy shook it.

“Welcome new neighbor. I’m so glad to have such a cute neighbor.” He winked at me. Okay, that was funny but hot at the same time.

“You can always come and ask for extra kimchi, extra side dishes or anything if you need it, especially your little sister.” He winked again, looking at me.

“I’m Mino, 22 years old. I hope you haven’t had a boyfriend yet.” He reached out his hands in front of me and I hesitated for a while.

Is this like a drama scene from somewhere? Why before this, no guy approached me like he does? Damn it.

“Shake his hand, little sister.” Joohyuk pulled my hands off my sweater pocket and shook it with Mino’s.

“I’ll see you more often then. If you excuse me, I’ll have to go and pack my stuff for my competition tomorrow. I’m from the Sports school under the famous soccer team. Seeing your face made me feel like the competition is going to go well for me.” He winked for the nth time and walk towards this apartment.

“Wow, it’s not even half a day since we got married and you already have an admirer.” Joohyuk laughed and I tailed behind me him to our apartment.

“I felt good but weird at the same time.” I laughed it off and the moment Joohyuk opened the door to the apartment, it felt like I was seeing heaven for a moment. The house is everything that I wished and dreamt for.

It has a spacious and bright living room, open concept kitchen and full glass window. Holy-mother-of-dreams, please do not wake me up even if this is a dream. I would love to continue living at this apartment for the rest of my life.

“Damn, can you imagine getting the bills every end of the month? Oh my god.” Joohyuk already started to complain as he quickly made his way to the bedroom.

“Soomin, come here.” He called me over.

“Here’s your room and there’s mine.” He pointed on the door where our names were hanged on a piece of decorated wood.

“I didn’t know our parents weren’t really old-fashioned.” He laughed so loudly as he open the door of his room and so did i.

The wall was painted peach in color and full-length mirror was placed right beside the vanity area. I swear this is better than my current bedroom at home. The bed is the super single but it’s the perfect size for me since I couldn’t sleep on bigger bed.

The closet has been arranged together with my favorite sneakers and bag, When did they find time to do all this seriously?

“Soomin, come here!” Joohyuk shouted and I could feel his excitement.

“My wish came true!” He jumped around with a controller on his hands.

“What did you wish for? An Xbox?” I asked.

“No, this Xbox is mine. I wished for a huge television for me to play my game and 3 new games that got released recently. I thought my parents wouldn’t buy me this!” he jumped around excitedly again. You sure you’re 20, Joohyuk?

“You’re that excited?” I asked him with my ‘okay-you-can-stop-jumping-around-now.’ face.

“Of course!” He finally calmed down and then I heard something familiar.

I heard his stomach growling, asking for food.

“You’re hungry after you ate 3 plates of meat and noodles?” I asked, keeping myself from laughing.

“Jajangmyeon?” He turned to me and smile.

20 minutes later, our delivery arrived and of course, I couldn’t fight food and I chomped on everything in front of me like I haven’t had any food for years.

“So, we’re supposed to know each other better right?” He asked while he slurps his noodle.

“Yes.” I answered and bite on the pickled radish. Yum, that’s my favorite.

“Guess when my birthday is.” He started the ball rolling and I started guessing.

“3rd March?” I answered without thinking twice.

The noodles that was in his mouth dropped back and he turned to look at me, “Are you my stalker or something?”

Okay, was I right? I did not have any idea and I just blurted out what came first.

“I’m right? I didn’t know that. 3rd March just came out of my head immediately.” I answered. I’m swear I’m not a stalker.

“I refused to believe that. Did you research on me or something?” His eyes were so ready to bulge out but I rolled my eyes and continue eating.

“When’s my birthday then?” I asked him.

“21ST August?” He answered. It was my turn when my noodle went back out when he answered because he was right on point.

“Did you research on me before this?” I looked at him and he looked confused.

“I’m right?” He pointed to himself.

“Duh. I guess we now know 1% about each other already.” I said and continue slurping my noodles.

“Wow, that’s really interesting though, on how we managed to guess correctly.” He said and we continued making guesses of each other’s hobbies and stuffs.

---

 

The day finally comes to its end and tomorrow is the start of a new week aka school. I’m so sick of school already. When will I graduate?

I have to be true to myself that today isn’t the worst day of my life but it was one of the best day of my life. Not because I have a wife but because I was given such a chance to get to know her better. In class, Soomin doesn’t talk to any guys even me. All she mixes around with are with the girls and that’s it.

Sometimes, she became the topic of the guys and to be honest, I want to talk to her and be friends with her. Little did we know, we were arranged by our parents and now were here on our own house. If I could say a word to describe Soomin, I will say she’s cool. She’s so cool that sometimes she made my heart flutters when I see her smiling whenever she’s with her friends.

When I got to know I’m getting married to her, I felt like I would like it and now I liked it. Even though Soomin is the quietest and the most arrogant looking girl in our class, she has many admirers. I swear every time she laughed or smile with the other girls, the guys would turn crazy. I’ll be honest, my heart turned upside down when I saw her smiling too. But none of that smile beats the smile when I put on a ring on her ring finger this afternoon.

Do I like her already? This fast? I need to slow down man. Heart, you need to calm down. You must not show your feelings to her yet. This is just the beginning. We still have a long way to go.

“I need to stop thinking and go to sleep.” I say to myself and turn off the night lamp and of course, when I’m already comfortable under my blanket, I have to go to the toilet, which is located in between of me and Soomin’s room.

“Damn it.” I pull off my blanket and turn the handle of the door. Just when I wanted to turn the handle of the toilet door, it moved and opened.

Soomin standing in front of me with her drying her wet hair with a towel.

“Did you wait long?” She asked me.

She needs to move man. My heart beats so fast and why the hell isn’t she moving?

“Sorry, goodnight.” She said so calmly and walked to her room like nothing happened.

Did she really made my heart fluttered again? Heart, you need to calm the down.

Damn it.

---

 

“Jung Soomin, it’s time to wake up.” I heard a familiar voice and I woke up but guys, there’s a plot twist to it.

The moment I opened my eyes, I saw Joohyuk on the side of my bed, snoring. I fell off my bed and scared to look up.

“What’s up, human?” The spirit peeked on me who was under the bed.

“Is Joohyuk sleeping on my bed? God, can you wake him up?” I begged the spirit.

“Joohyuk?” The spirit turned around and there’s no one.

“Girl, did you dream about him or something? Did you dream you were sleeping together with him?” The spirit smiled and I slowly looked up.

Wow, that was so embarrassing.

“I didn’t expect you dream sleeping with him so fast.” He laughed loudly.

I threw a pillow at him but he appeared behind of me.

“2 minutes before he wake up and go to the toilet to shower. Remember when I say your life is darker than others?” He said.

I nodded and was curious about what he meant.

“Today is the start of that day. Good luck, my human. I will come to you if I sense uneasiness.” He said and disappeared.

“ my life.”