7. Around The World #2

Love Control

* Thoughts Mark can hear are in italics.

 

/ Mark's POV \

I laid in my bed and faced the ceiling. We finally managed to call for help, walked back to the car and got a ride to our hotel whilst it was getting fixed. It had already gotten late so we were resting before we would begin reporting tomorrow. However, it had become awkward after I asked Sunhee if she was happy with Jackson. Aish, I never should have asked her. Why did I just blurt it out. I wasn't thinking at all. I know deep inside she isn't happy. But she won't tell me that. I shook my head and rolled over so my face was buried in my pillows.

 


 

Thursday:

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I greeted Mark outside the front of the hotel early in the morning. I wasn't going to bring up the question he asked me yesterday. I was still baffled by it and just wanted to forget about it. I still don't understand what he meant by it... "Mark!" I called out as I walked out of the hotel doors. He turned around and waved to me, smiling as I walked across to him. He had his camera around his neck and I was holding my notebook and pen. "Ready to go?!" I asked him as I met up with him. He nodded and smiled as we walked out of the hotel gates.

 

We walked down a street path alongside a beach. "Around around the world~" I sang quietly as Mark was walking behind me taking photographs. "Oh!" Mark added in after each line. I frowned and stopped. "What? I like that song too! Keep the party up! L..." He began singing the next line but ended up giving up. We both just stared at each other then ended up laughing. A lorry passed us on the side of the road and Mark came up at the side of me, and pulled me away from the road side so he was closer to the road. We smiled to each other and continued walking. 

 

/ Mark's POV \

"So have you come to Jeju before?" I asked Sunhee.

"Hm. No. I've been on reports but never to Jeju before." She told me. "Jackson said he would take me but it hasn't happened yet." She then said. Aish. Jackson. Typical. I smiled and nodded.

"It's my first time too. Ah!~ I like it here!" I cried out happily as I sat down for a rest. I reached into my backpack and pulled out two waterbottles, and passed Sunhee one. "Oh! Thank you!" She said happily as she received it. I smiled and looked at her. 'Ah. Jeju is so lovely. I'm so glad Mr Park chose me to come and report.' She thought. I looked back at the sea and grinned happily.

 

/ Flashback: Mark's POV \

I bowed to Mr Park as I entered his office. He smiled at me and offered the chair which was opposite him at his desk. I bowed my head and quickly walked over to the chair and sat down. "So Mark. I have your first assignment. A report in Jeju. I have all the details here. What do you think?" He asked me.

"Oh! Yes yes! I will accept the assignment." I said happily.

"Ah. But you'll need someone to go with." He told me. I nodded to him and thought. Hm. Who would like to go to Jeju? Hm. Sunhee?! "Hm. I'm thinking about Chief Editor Kim, I think it would be good as she is probably experienced in doing reports." I told him. He nodded and agreed.

"Ok thank you Mark. I'll let Sunhee know soon." He told me as I bowed again before leaving his office.

 


 

Friday Night:

 

/ Mark's POV \

I stood in the hallway of the hotel and waited for Sunhee. We had rooms beside each other and it was Friday Night. The night of the event at the Hotel we were staying at. Sunhee told me she would be collecting information secretly and I was to just observe everything. I stood in my black suit and was messing around with my tie when I noticed Sunhee's door open. I looked up and Sunhee walked out her door and grinned happily. "Mark! Eh! You look good!" She said happily as she walked across to me. I opened my eyes wide and looked at her. She had her hair lightly curled, she wore a dark blue dress with darker blue flowers covering the top and some heels. 'Pretty' I thought to myself. I smiled to her. "You look nice too." I told her.

 

We made our way down to the ground floor of the hotel and Sunhee slipped her arm between my arm. I blinked and froze, looking down. "We have to make it look proper. Right?" She whispered to me as she grinned happily. I laughed slightly and nodded. We entered the venue and got in using the passes that Mr Park had given us. We both looked around at the large hall, tables of champagne and other drinks were dotted everywhere, and rich women and men were drinking and talking. We looked at each other and sighed but smiled. "You're not going to drink right?" I whispered in Sunhee's ear.

 

She looked up at me and gave me evils. "We are working. Of course not. But the one wouldn't hurt." She said as she winked to me. I raised my eyebrows and looked at her. 

"Just the one." She said to me with puppy eyes. 

"Just the one." I said to her, giving in. She smiled happily and I went to get us some champagne as she walked around and observed everything which was going on. We weren't doing anything wrong, we were just reporting secretly. Reporters must do this all the time. I made my way through people and finally reached a table of champagne. 

 

I collected two glasses and turned around to look for Sunhee. "Mark." I heard softly in my eye. I turned around. Haesun. 

"Haesun not here. Please." I whispered to her. She choked and stayed beside me. I shook my head and began to walk off but she pulled me back. "Let's go outside. I need to talk to you." She said as she pointed to the doors leading to the Hotel Garden. I shook my head and turned around to look for Sunhee. "Are you looking for someone?! Is it that girl?! Wow. Mark." She said, but changing her tone to a sarcastic tone. Aish. Why did she have to be here.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I looked around to see where Mark had gotten to. Surely he couldn't have got lost. I noticed him beside a table and smiled as I made my way towards him. But then I noticed a girl stood beside him. It was Haesun. I closed my eyes and breathed deepily. He was stood awkwardly with two glasses in his hands. He was taking deep breathes and sighing. "Mark" I said as I reached him. Haesun opened her eyes wide and looked me up and down. I looked at her. She had her hair in a bun, and wore a long black dress. Aish. Mark smiled awkwardly at me. I took the glasses out of his hands and put them back down on the table. 

 

"Let's go." I whispered to him. He had frozen so I took his hand and began to lead him out just as Haesun grabbed my wrist. I stopped and frowned. "What do you think you are doing?" I said to her as I looked up angrily. Haesun stood there quietly and then let go.

"Fine fine. I'll leave you alone. You don't have to leave. Mark I'll talk to you later." She said as she walked away. We both turned to watch her and frowned. "That was weird..." I stuttered.

"She's planning something." Mark said as he folded his arms.

"Eh?!" I cried out. Mark picked up the glasses of champagne I had placed down. 

"Just have as many as you want" Mark said as he gulped down the whole glass. I grinned and we continued observing, avoiding Haesun. 

 

"Are you Miss Kim Sunhee?" A man asked me as he stopped me and Mark. I frowned and nodded quietly. "Can you come with me please? This event is no reporters allowed." He told me. I frowned with disbelief and looked around awkwardly as people as started to look at me. "W.. Wh.. What?" I stuttered. He lead the way towards the doors we came in and I bowed my head with embarrassment. I looked up at Mark and he pulled a sad face. Wait. They haven't stopped Mark. I raised my eyebrows to Mark and he nodded back to me as I was lead out of the doors. I stood in the hotel lobby and pulled an annoyed face at the men who had escourted me out.

 

/ Mark's POV \

The doors shut behind Sunhee and I stood there in disbelief. Right. Kim Haesun. That's it. I turned around and scanned the room for her. She was stood in a corner sipping champagne and laughing with some other people. I made a straight headline for her and didn't stop for anything. I reached her and they all stopped talking. "Oh! Is this your partner Haesun?" One of the women opposite her said. I shook my head.

"I'm not. Haesun. Outside. Please." I said to her angrily. She nodded and bowed to the people she was talking to before following me outside so we were not around a crowd of people.

 

"Did you do that?! Sunhee had to leave!" I said angrily. She pulled an innocent face and shook her head as she showed a sad face. "Cut the crap Haesun." I said as I raised my voice a little. She tilted her head and raised her eyebrows. Then she changed. Ah. The Haesun I know. She folded her arms and gave me a dirty look. "Seriously Mark. You never gave me a chance to explain myself. You just left that night and never came back. How do you expect me to act?!" She shouted back at me. 

"How did you expect me to act? You cheated on me." I said to her as I lowered my voice. She sighed deepily and bowed her head. "Haesun. Just leave me alone. And do never even look at Sunhee again." I warned her as I stormed off.

 

I reached the hotel lobby and noticed Sunhee sat on a chair in the corner, she had her head rested against the wall and had fallen asleep. I sighed and quietly walked across to her. I looked down and scooped her up carefully.