3. Hello

Love Control

* Thoughts which Mark can hear are in italics.

 

/ Mark's POV \

"Good luck on your new job!" Jr. said, cheering me on as I put my shoes on by the front door. I checked my tie and my hair before leaving the apartment. I was starting a new job as a photographer at an online newspaper company, we report news and post news articles on our website, I used to work in the same company as Haesun but I could bear to see her face again. I stood up and JB came running through with a flask in his hands. "I made you some coffee!" He told me as he passed me the flask.

"Thank you" I said to him as I took the flask and opened my satchel placing it inside. 

 

I looked around, ready to leave but then I thought of something. Will it happen today? Reading people's thoughts... Aish. I shouldn't try it on my best friends... hm. I looked and JB and smiled. He smiled back, 'Ah~ is he leaving? Or is he just going to stand there...' He thought. I sniggered. Ah Jaebum. Jaebum. What are you going to get up to when I'm gone, mhm? I looked across at Jr. and did the same. 'Mark looks good. I wonder if there's some cute girls working at his place...' I heard from him this time. I laughed and they frowned. "Ok! I'm going. Bye!" I said to them both as I waved and left the apartment.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I rushed into work as soon as the elevator opened, "Aish!" I cried out. I ran in to find the offices empty. Oh no. There must be a meeting. I cried out and quickly fled to the meeting room. "Aish!" I grumbled as I stopped and adjusted my feet in my heels. I opened the door slightly and slipped in hoping I wouldn't get caught. I was already late so I was running to work whilst eating and I ended up dropping my bagel. Wonderful. "I'm sorry." I apologised with my head bowed as I quickly sat down in my seat. Everyone looked at me and I grumbled quietly with my head down.

 

"Sunhee. Nice to grace us with your presence. Late. Again." My boss, Mr Park said sarcastically. I looked at him with a guilty look on my face then noticed a new face at his side. "Sunhee, this is Mr Tuan, he is our new photographer." He said, introducing me to the new face. I looked up and grinned. He bowed his head to me and I bowed mine back. "Hello" I said to him happily. Finally, a new face. I like all the people I work with but a new face is sometimes a good thing. I already know a lot about the people I work with, so there's finally someone new to socialise with.

 

After the meeting was over and  I got scolded by my boss, I headed out of the meeting room. I shut the door behind me and turned around to bump into the new photographer, Mr Tuan. He had his head down looking at the floor. "Oh! Hello." I said as I greeting him. He looked up and smiled. Wow. He was very good looking. We don't have many good looking guys in our company... no offence to the other guys in the company. I looked him up and down. He had dark ginger-brown hair, he wore a bright blue suit trousers, a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a black tie with black shoes. His outfit was different, better than a normal old suit. "You can call me Mark if you like?" He asked me. 

I nodded, "Mark. Ok! My name is Sunhee. Kim Sunhee, I'm the web editor here." I told him. 

 

"Is anyone showing you around?" I asked him. He shook his head. "Ah. I'll show you around. Our offices are only on this one floor of the building so it won't take too long." I told him.

He smiled, "thank you" he said as he followed me. I showed him around the offices and we ended up at his desk. I began talking to him when my stomach grumbled. I hadn't eaten as I dropped my breakfast this morning. He looked down at my stomach and I laughed awkwardly. "Didn't have time to eat?" He asked me.

"Huh? Oh. Uh. Yeah I guess." I stuttered, lying to him. I'm not going to tell him I dropped my food. How awkward would that be.

 

/ Mark's POV \

I looked at Sunhee up and down, she was smaller than me and was wearing a blazer with a shirt, pleated skirt and heels. She looked familiar... I'm sure I have seen her before. Hmm. Maybe not. 'Aish, I want to eat. I've finished giving him a tour. I just want to go and eat. Why did I drop my food!' I heard from Sunhee. She bowed her head and looked at her shoes. "Uh. Thank you for giving me a tour." I told her as I sat down at my desk. She nodded and smiled as she made her way towards her desk. I pulled out some pens and other things to put on my desk and glanced back at Sunhee.

 

I'm sure I've seen her before. I'm sure I have. She looks familiar but I can't think where I've seen her before. "Sunhee! Can I have a word with you please?" Mr Park shouted out as he stood by the door of his office. Everyone looked across at Sunhee as she awkwardly stood up and bowed her head. 'Aish! I'm going to get told off! Why! I could just eat a muffin right now, but no. I'm being sent to the boss' office!' I heard her say as she shuffled her feet towards Mr Park's office. I smiled to myself and decided to take a walk around the office until I was told to do a job.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

"Sunhee... Sunhee... Sunhee... Do you have a reason for being late today? You're never usually late." Mr Park asked me. I sat in my seat and twiddled my thumbs awkwardly.

"Uh. No. I d.. dont have a reason. I was just late. I'm sorry Sajang-nim." I stuttered. I lied. Jackson was meant to drop me off at work but he had to rush off somewhere so he couldn't take me, and by that time it was too late so he had to drop me off at a bus station then the bus was late. After scolding me, I walked out of the office with my head down and towards my desk. 

 

Then I saw it.

 

My saviour. Banana milk and a muffin.

 

I rushed to my seat and sat down. I looked around and everyone was busy working. Whoever put this here! I love them! I opened the muffin and poked a straw into the banana milk as I continued doing my work on my computer. I took my first bite into my muffin. "Ah!~ It tastes so good!" I squealed quietly as I took a couple of more bites and sipped the banana milk. 

 

/ Mark's POV \

I sat at my desk doing something on my computer and decided to glance across at Sunhee. She was happily eating her muffin and drinking her banana milk. I smiled happily as I put the change from the vending machine in my pocket of my trousers. As I looked at her, she looked across and caught eye contact with me. She grinned happily at me and I smiled back. 'Mark's looking at me. He must think I love food...' I heard her say. I laughed as I looked back down at my desk. And that's when I realised.

 

Sunhee.

The girl from the coffee shop.

The girl who I had shots with at the bar.