10. Just Right

Love Control

* Thoughts which Mark can hear are in italics.

 

/ Mark's POV \

I headed into work today and buzzed in using my card. The doors opened and I strolled in. I passed Sunhee's desk and it was empty. I tilted my head to the side and pulled a face. Hm. Maybe she's late again..? I thought to myself. I sat down at my desk and time passed. Sunhee had never showed up. Since we both saw Jackson and Haesun, she hadn't replied to any of my messages or calls, and I hadn't managed to find her either. And if I went round to her apartment, that would mean bumping into Jackson, and I can't face him right now. I sat and fiddled with my pen thinking of where she could be. Her apartment? Would Jackson be at work? Or her secret place..? Her apartment isn't far from here.

 


 

/ Mark's POV \

I walked out of the company building to my car with a smirk on my face. I had managed to convince everyone that I was sick and needed to go home. Apparently I didn't look very well and had turned pale... right. Ok. I quickly jumped in my car and sped off. Kim Sunhee. Stay wherever you are. I'm coming to find you. You can't hide for too long. I drove towards her apartment trying to ring her again. But no answer as usual. I parked up and jumped out, running towards her apartment building. I pressed the lift and waited. "No no" I said as I turned and headed towards the stairs.

 

"Sunhee! Let me in!" Youngjae shouted as he rang the intercom continuously as I walked up behind him. I tapped him on the shoulder and he swung around. "Oh! Mark hyung!" Youngjae cried out as he greeted me. I bowed my head to say hello. He looked at me and frowned. "Uh. Sunhee didn't show up for work today, so I came to see if she was ok." I stuttered.

"Ah. Sunhee comes by the coffee shop I work in every morning on her way to work. She always messages me if she isn't." Youngjae told me. I sighed. She hadn't even been to see Youngjae and they were best friends. "Is she in?" I asked him.

"She isn't answering... she might be asleep." He stuttered.

"Do you know the passcode?" I asked him again. He nodded and I opened my eyes wide.

 

"Youngjae!" I shouted at him.

"She said to only enter in emergencies!" He whined. I slid up the cover for the passcode. 

"Open it! Now!" I shouted. Youngjae nodded repeatedly and tapped in the passcode. The door made a tune and clicked open. I flung the door open and we both ran in. "Sunhee? Sunhee!" We both called out as we looked in all the rooms but she was no where to be seen. Youngjae disappeared into another room and I secretly checked the wardrobe. All her clothes were there, so she hadn't left him or ran away. "Aish~ Where could she have gone?" Youngjae said to himself as he panicked. I looked at him and he sighed. 'Ah. Where is she? Sunhee you've never done this before. I'm meant to look after you when Jackson doesn't!' He thought. I rolled my eyes.

 

"Ok! I'll try somewhere else. You wait here in case she comes back home." I told Youngjae. He rolled his eyes but nodded. 'Ugh. Why do I have to stay here! What if Jackson comes back!' He thought as I glared at him. He sighed and sat down on the sofa as he checked his phone again. I ran out and left Sunhee's apartment. Next location - her secret place. She has to be there right? I would have looked there first but her apartment was closer. 

 

I sped down the motorway and headed for the river that she showed me a while ago which I named her 'secret place'. I stopped the car down the road and decided to walk the rest of the way so I didn't startle her. I quietly walked up and saw her sat by the river hugging her knees with her head down.

 

"I thought you said let's come here together. Ah~ You came without me." I said as I sat down beside her. She stayed in the same position with her head buried. I copied her position. "Is this another new pose then?" I asked her again. I flicked my eyes to the side and noticed she had glanced up at me quickly then looked back down. 

"Did you see?" She mumbled quietly.

"Mhm. I'm sorry." I said to her. I sat crossed legs and faced her. "You'll get cramp sat like that" I told her. She sighed and sat crossed legged with her head still bowed. I turned her whole body to face me and tilted her chin up. She was red faced and had been crying.

 

"Aigoo. Kim Sunhee." I cried out as I wiped the tears carefully from her face. She looked up at me and her eyes teared up again. "Don't cry." I told her as I wiped a tear which had escaped. She shut her eyes and sighed. I kneeled on the grass and leant towards her as I pulled her into a tight hug. "You're not alone. I'm here." I whispered in her ear. She began crying loudly and sniffled. I hugged her tightly then I let go so I could look at her. "Don't cry" I whispered to her again as I wiped her face. She stopped crying and looked up at me. I smiled to her and she smiled back slightly. "Right! Let's go!" I shouted as I stood up. She looked up at me and I reached my arms out.

 

"Where are we go?" She asked me as I took her hands and pulled her up. I smiled and she followed me to my car.

"My secret place." I told her as I opened the car door for her. She got in and I pushed the door shut as I ran around to the driver's side and got in. "You have a secret place?" She asked me as I leant across and pulled her seatbelt across her and clicked it in. I pulled my seatbelt across and started up the car. We headed out into the countryside and Sunhee looked around confused. "Don't worry. I'm not kidnapping you." I told Sunhee which made her smile. That's what I wanted to see. Sunhee's smile. 

 


 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I followed Mark into the abandoned theme park. Aish. His secret place is here. These places are usually in my nightmares. Why does it have to be here? Something brushed past my feet and I jumped quickly. I fell against Mark's back and clutched his shirt. He looked down at me and smirked. "Wow. Kim Sunhee. Who knew you would be scared" Mark said sarcastically. I grumbled and stuck close to his back. Mark led us to an old ride. The tea cups. All the rides were rusting, broken down, or had been covered in forestry. I never knew this place existed. "Ladies first" Mark said as I stepped into the large tea cup. He followed me in and sat opposite.

"You had to pick the tea cup ride?!" I said sarcastically.

"There's nothing wrong with the teacups" Mark said as he smirked.

 

"You saw them?" I asked Mark again as I bowed my head.

"I saw them." He replied back. I sighed deepily and he sighed as well. "I didn't know Sunhee. If I knew. Aish. If I..." He mumbled angrily before I smiled to him which stopped him.

"I'm ok. I've done my crying." I reassured him.

"Stop pretending to be strong" He grumbled.

"I'm not" I mumbled as I bowed my head. He shuffled forward on his seat and tilted my chin up. "Did I deserve this?" I asked Mark quietly as my eyes began to fill up. He shook his head.

"You didn't deserve this." He told me as he the side of my face. A tear escaped from my eye and Mark quickly wiped it away.

 

We eventually left the tea cups and headed back towards Mark's car. He stopped and crouched down in front of me. "Get on my back" He said as he tapped his shoulder.

"No no. I'm alright. It's not far." I refused but he wouldn't take it.

"You look drained and exhausted. Come on." He said again. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck. He held me tightly and stood up straight. "I'm heavy aren't I?" I asked him.

He laughed, "Yes. You are very very heavy." He exaggerated.

"Aigoo~" I mumbled quietly to myself.

"Sunhee. Don't blame yourself about Jackson and Haesun. You did nothing wrong. You're friendly, pretty and just right." Mark told me. I smiled and patted the top of his head. It was the nicest thing anyone had said to me. "Thank you Mark" I whispered in his ear.