22. Just Tonight

Love Control

 

/ Mark's POV \

I stepped out of the airport doors and breathed in the air. I was back. I was back and the first person I need to see is Sunhee. But I can't. My phone slipped out of my hand and fell onto the pavement whilst I was in Jeju. It cracked and smashed so I couldn't contact Sunhee for the last remining week I was in Jeju. I tried to use another phone too but the number wasn't correct or it wouldn't connect properly.

 

I walked past the corner shop near our apartment building when I noticed someone in the window. I stopped abruptly and stepped back a couple of steps. Sunhee. She was busy looking at some snacks. I walked in quietly and made my way around the shop, out of her sight. I watched her from around a corner, she already had arms full of snacks and was searching for more. She definitely wasn't home alone. I crept down the aisle and stood behind her. "Are you going to eat all of them?" I whispered in her ear behind her. She jumped and her arms opened up in surprise. I quickly crouched down, beginning to catch all the snacks she was dropping.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I held my head in my hands, embarrassed. All the snacks I was holding, I had just dropped. I sighed deepily and swung around. "What do you t..." I began but then I froze. I was Mark. "Mark!" I squealed. A smile grew on his face and I swung my arms around him, jumping on him slightly. He chuckled quietly and caught me in his arms. I hugged him tightly then we heard the ahjumma coughing on the cash desk. We looked at each other and laughed as we let go and I stepped back slightly. "When did you get back?" I asked him as we both crouched down to pick the snacks up which I had dropped. "A couple of hours ago. I was on my way home when I saw you in here." Mark explained as we both stood up. Luckily none of the snacks had spilled open or broken and we made our way to the cash desk.

 

We walked out the shop, holding a couple of bags of snacks. Mark wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him as we walked towards our apartment building. "W..." We both began before looking at each other and laughing. 

"You first!" I quickly said before Mark.

"Ladies first!" He said as he smirked. Aish. He always beats me on that one. I sighed and he looked down at me.

"Why didn't you message or ring... I got worried!" I whined. He sighed and stopped walking. I stopped and he reached into his pocket. He pulled out his phone and showed me. I opened my eyes wide. His phone was smashed and cracked. "I need to take it to a repair shop tomorrow. I dropped it a while back." He explained to me. I smiled to him and went on my tiptoes to kiss him quickly.

 

"Did you think I was ignoring you? Oh Sunhee!" He said happily as he smirked. I looked down embarrassed and heard him laughing quietly to himself. "Anyway! What were you going to say?" I asked him, quickly changing the subject. He stared into space to think for a couple of seconds then pointed to the bags in my hand. "Ah! Those. Who are they for?" He asked me as he frowned. I looked down. Uh oh. Busted...

"Uh! You! For when you came home!" I lied. He folded his arms.

"But I've come back early. You didn't know I was coming today." He caught me out as he smirked. "Youngjae is sleeping over, right?" He asked me. I pulled a face and looked guilty as I nodded. He laughed again and we continued walking as we reached our apartment building. 

 

/ Mark's POV \

I tapped in the passcode and swung open the apartment door fully as I stepped inside. I heard the television on loud and shuffled my feet out of my shoes and into my slippers. "Sunhee! You're back! You took a while! Did you get some snacks?!" I heard Youngjae shout down the corridor. Sunhee followed me inside and I looked around as I walked through. The apartment was clean apart from the floor near the television which was covered in blankets, cushions, snacks and Youngjae. He was busy watching the television and I crept up behind him. "Youngjae-ah, are you having fun?" I whispered in his ear.

"Ah! You scared me!" He screamed as he jumped. 

"Choi Youngjae, how long have you been here?" I asked him. He quickly stood up and looked at Sunhee as he gulped. 

 

I looked round at Sunhee and she smiled. "I've been staying here since you were in Jeju. Sunhee was lonely. So I thought I would keep her company... like an oppa..." He stuttered awkwardly. I sniggered and nodded. He stood awkwardly and scratched the top of his head. "Aye Youngjae! Why are you so awkward?" I asked him. He looked around and grinned.

"I'm not awkward! Ah. I best go. Uh. I need to feed Coco!" Youngjae said quickly before scrambling to gather his things together. Sunhee was stood against a wall with her arms folded. Youngjae waved to us both as he pulled on his coat and disappeared out the front door. I looked across at Sunhee and she was shaking her head at me. "What did I do!" I cried out.

"You made him feel awkward! Jackson used to be like that with him!" Sunhee whined. 

 

I rolled my eyes. "Fine fine" I mumbled as I walked towards the front door. 

"Where are you going?" She asked me.

"To talk to him!" I shouted as I walked out the front door and ran down the corridor to catch Youngjae before he left. "Youngjae!" I called out down the corridor. He stopped and turned around slowly. "Oh. What's up?" He asked me as I met up with him. 

"I'm sorry for making you feel awkward." I apologised to him.

"Eh? No no! You didn't! I don't feel awkward. I need to go home and feed Coco. Yugyeom's been looking after her and I need to get back to her. She looked a bit chubby in the photo he sent. I think he's been feeding her too much." Youngjae said as a smile grew on his face. I looked at him and just nodded quietly. He grinned before walking away and waving to me.

 

I returned back to the apartment after talking to Youngjae. I walked in to find Sunhee folding all the blankets up and putting the cushions back on the sofa. "Let me help you" I said quietly as I grabbed the other end of the blanket she was holding. She sighed and stayed quiet. "I'm sorry. I just. I don't know. I go away for 2 weeks and come back to find out my girlfriend's best friend who is a guy has been sleeping here. Ah. I don't know" I explained to her.

"Exactly! Best friend! Best friend! What did you think we were going to do!?" Sunhee shouted angrily as she dropped the blanket and stormed out into a different room. I stood there confused and in a daze. She just stormed out? She really just stormed out..? I put the folded up blanket on the side and went to see where she had disappeared.

 

"Sunhee!~" I sang as I walked down the corridor. I reached our bedroom and pushed open the door quietly. But it didn't work and the wood creaked. "Go away." Sunhee grumbled. She was laid on her stomach on the bed with her head buried underneath cushions. I smirked and stood in the doorway. I hadn't seen her like this before. It was quite funny actually, and adorable. I crept towards the bed but the floor ended up creaking like the door. "Mark!" She grumbled again. I tried not to laugh and jumped on the bed beside her. "Sunhee-ah! I'm sorry~" I whined as I poked her side a couple of times. She grumbled again and pointed to the door.

 

"Fine." I sighed as I got up and began walking out to the door. I thought she would stop me and call me back. But she didn't. She didn't move at all. I shut the door behind me and sank into the sofa in the living room. I stared at the blank wall for a while and sighed. We had never fought before. Not as much as this. "Right!" I said to myself as I jumped back up. I crept back towards the bedroom door which was shut and sat down infront of it. "Sunhee. I'm sitting here until you come out!" I shouted through the door to her as I folded my arms. I wasn't going to let some petty argument come between us.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

"Sunhee. I'm sitting here until you come out!" I heard Mark shout from behind the door. I sighed and pulled myself up from underneath the cushions. I wiped my eyes from where I had cried from underneath the cushion and attempted to get rid of my red face. I sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the floor. I stood up and moved towards the door. I rested my back against the wall and sat down beside it with my head against the wall. "Sunhee. I'm sorry." I heard Mark mumble. "I overreacted." He mumbled again. I sighed and listened to him. "It's like how you reacted when you saw Haesun at my work. I've reacted the same. I'm sorry." He apologised again. I reached out for the doorhandle and pulled it down opening the door. 

 

Mark was sat on the opposite side of the door, resting against the wall similar to me. We caught eye contact with each other and he held out his hand. "Yah! Kim Sunhee! Have you been crying?!" He cried out as he crawled over to me. "Aigoo!~" He whined as he held my cheeks and wiped my eyes again. 

"I'm sorry Mark. I overreacted as well. We both overreacted." I told him. He nodded and pulled me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around him and let out a sigh. "A normal couple has arguments now and again. It's normal for us to have them. But I don't want to have one again." Mark said as he pulled away from the hug and my cheek. He smiled slightly and I smiled with him.

 

"Youngjae can come round when he wants too. I won't stop him. I won't be mean to him. I'm kind of glad he was here. Did he cook for you? Did you eat well? He must have looked after you whilst I was away? Mhm?" Mark asked as he stood up and pulled me up afterwards. I nodded repeatedly for all the questions he had asked. He smiled and nodded. "Ah. I've missed you. I've not been here. I come back then we argue. Now it's us time. Just us. No one else." Mark said as he hugged me tightly again. 

 


 

/ Mark's POV \

It soon got late and we were both laid in bed. I rolled over a couple of times and Sunhee whined. "Get your side! I have no room!" She moaned as she pushed me back onto my side. I laughed and my side to face her. She glanced across at me then rolled onto her side and faced me. "Let's just forget about today, mhm?" She asked me. I nodded and smiled to her.

"So what happened today?" I asked her as I smirked. She grinned and playfully hit me. I pulled a face and fell back onto my back. "Ah! Ah! Ah! That hurt! Why did you do that!" I shouted playfully as I clutched my chest where she had hitten me. She chuckled and jumped on top of me. "Yah!" I cried out. 

"What!? What!? I'm not heavy!" She shouted at me. I laughed and shook my head. She smiled and pressed her nose against mine. I wrapped my arms around her waist and grinned. 

 

She kissed me quickly then rolled back onto her side of the bed. We faced each other again and I wrapped my hands around hers. "Have you ever thought about the future?" I asked her. She frowned and shrugged. "Marriage? Children?" I mentioned afterwards. She opened her eyes wide but then started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I said happily because she looked cute laughing.

"Earlier we were arguing, now we are talking about this" She joked. I laughed with her and we smiled to each other.

"How many?" She asked me.

"How many?" I said confused.

"Children!" She chuckled. 

"2? 3? 4? I suggested. She looked around silently then nodded. I frowned and she smiled. 

"... just more than one then" She stuttered and we began laughing.

 

"But I want to get married. Before." I told her.

She nodded, "Parents first." 

"Oh. Yeah." I stuttered.

"Are you scared of meeting my parents Mark Tuan?" She laughed.

"No!"

"Then let's go tomorrow!" She suggested. I ignored her and rolled over to face the other side. She laughed and wrapped her arms around my waist as she hugged me tightly.