17. Tic Tic Toc

Love Control

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I pushed open the door and a bell rang which it had hit. I jumped slightly and Mark clutched my jumper either sides behind me. "I have a bad feeling about this." Mark whispered behind me.

"Ssh. It will be fine." I told him as we entered the shop.

"But it's raining and it's dark..." He mumbled as he sighed. We both walked up to the counter and was greeted by an ahjumma. "Hello. Are you Mrs Park? My name is Kim Sunhee, I con..." I began.

"Oh!~ Sunhee! Sunhee! Yes! And you must be Mark. Come with me, come with me." She said happily as she led us through to the back of the shop.

 

We went into a back room and sat down on some chairs. "So Mark-shi. I hear you have been hearing thoughts. Can you tell me when it started?" She asked Mark. He looked at me and I nodded as I smiled to him.

"Uh. I broke up with ex-girlfriend and had a car accident the same night. I was asleep for a day or two before I woke up." Mark explained to her. She nodded as she listened.

"So you were angry I pressume? Upset? Heartbroken?" She asked him. I frowned a little at her choice words and Mark smirked when he saw me. "Yes I was." He told her.

 

"Ah. I see. Well. Your ability is a rare ability. The name of it is translated into 'Love Control'. It only happens to certain people. It happens when you feel a mixture of different emotions - anger, sadness and a broken heart. When all these emotions are combined together with an unfortunate trigger, which would be your car accident. It results in the ability of hearing people's thoughts." The ahjumma explained to us. I glanced across at Mark and he rolled his eyes as he choked. 

 

"If that's all true. There's one more thing. I haven't got the ability anymore. I've had headaches and I can't hear anyone's thoughts anymore." Mark told her. She laughed slightly and we both frowned at her. She turned to me and smiled.

"Sunhee-shi. I'm guessing you are Mark's new partner?" She asked me. I gulped and nodded quietly.

"The ability disappears once all the emotions are uncombined, and the individual who has the ability falls in love again. That's why it is translated into Love Control, because your love has now been controlled by Sunhee." She explained to us again. I nodded and smiled but Mark continued frowning and looking at her in a daze.

 


 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I bolted upright at the sound of Mark's alarm on the beside table beside me. I grumbled and rubbed my eyes. "Ugh" I moaned as I reached to my phone and turned the alarm off. I heard a grumble, "Come back to bed" Mark grumbled quietly as he reached up and pulled me back down. "But I need to get up" I whispered to him as I played with his hair. He still had his eyes shut and smiled to me.

"10 more minutes" He pleaded with me. I gave in and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. He snuggled his face.into my neck and fell back to sleep.

 

I ended up falling asleep and woke up later. I yawned and opened my eyes slowly. Mark was laid on his side, resting on his arm, watching me sleeping. "Aigoo. I technically woke up first." I whined as I tapped his cheek. He grinned and nodded.

"Did you have a good sleep?" He asked me as he leaned over me and kissed my forehead. I nodded and we both sat up. "You too?" I asked him.

"Mhm" He said back happily. He stood up and walked around to my side. He reached out his hands and I took them. He pulled me up gently and I stood opposite him. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. 

 

"Mark!~" We heard sing loudly. We both froze and opened our eyes wide. JB. Junior. "Mark!~ Are you asleep?!" We heard shout again. We both started panicking and looked around. "Omo. What am I going to do!" I panicked to Mark. He laughed and shook his head, "Nothing. It's fine. They won't say anything." He told me.

"What do you mean! I am here! You are here! They will get the wrong idea!" I whined. He started laughing again and I gave him evils. "Mark!" I cried out. And then the door opened...

 

/ Mark's POV \

"Oh! You're back! Early!" I stuttered awkwardly as I rubbed the back of my neck. JB and Junior laughed and jumped around. "We got back earlier than we thought!" JB said as he laughed. I watched Junior as he sniffed the air. "Why does it smell fruity?" He said confused. I frowned and smelt the air. Aigoo, Kim Sunhee. You always smell so nice like strawberries and vanilla. I shrugged, "Uh. I can't smell anything..." I said as I grinned. I watched Junior again as he looked around. He walked over to the other side of my bed and a smile grew on his face. "Whose phone is this?" He asked me as he picked up a phone off the beside table. Aish, Kim Sunhee! "Uh. Mine! I brought a new case yesterday!" I said happily. He nodded and clicked the phone on.

 

"Oh! You have a photo of yourself on your lock screen! Aye~" Junior teased which caused JB to laugh as he turned Sunhee's phone around. Her lock screen was a photo of me which she had taken. I laughed because I thought it was cute. But suddenly someone smacked my foot. "Ah~ Ah! Yes! That's mine!" I shouted but quickly turned it into a sentence. I took the phone from Junior and smiled. "Right. Where is she then?" JB asked. I froze and looked at him. "You can't fool us Mark." He said as he laughed. I stuttered and sighed. "Come on come on. Who is she?!" JB asked again.

 

I crouched down and looked under my bed. "Come on." I whispered to Sunhee. She looked up and sighed. I smirked and she gave me evils. I took her hands and gently pulled her out. I then pulled her up and she awkwardly greeted JB and Junior. They both looked at us with their mouths wide open and their eyes wide open. "Omo. It's Sunhee!" Junior shouted.

"Oh. My." JB stuttered. I closed my eyes and sighed. I just wanted to get out of here. I took my phone from Mark and sighed deepily. "We didn't do anything! I've just stayed here for a few nights while you was away! We just sleep beside each other! We watched movies!" Sunhee panicked and rapidly spoke. I calmed Sunhee down and the other two laughed. 

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

After I had calmed down, we all sat together and ate breakfast. "So you two are together now?" Junior asked us. We looked at each other and smiled, then turned back to Junior and nodded. "Wow." He said under his breath. Then a smile grew on his face. JB leant back in his chair and sighed with relief, "Ah~ Finally Mark is going out with someone who we like and she isn't a..." JB began saying before Junior stopped him. We all started laughing as we continued eating breakfast together. 

 

We finished eating breakfast and I was gathering all my things together. "Where are you going?" Mark asked me confused.

"Back to Youngjae's now the others are back." I told him.

"But can't you stay?" He whined as he stepped closer to me and began acting cute as he pulled a sad face to get me to stay. I laughed and shook my head. "Sunhee~" He whined again. "Fine fine. But there's somewhere I want to take you tonight." He told me. I nodded and collected all my bags together. He led me out of his room and we passed JB and Junior who were playing video games on the sofa.  "Oh!~ You're leaving?" Junior said.

"Sunhee! You can come anytime. Don't mind us and don't feel awkward. You're one of us now." JB explained to me. I nodded and thanked him as I pulled on my shoes.

 


 

/ Mark's POV \

After dropping off Sunhee at Youngjae's apartment, I decided to stop at Jackson's apartment on the way home. I don't know why, my head and my heart was telling me to. I didn't want to see him, but I felt like I had to. "I'm coming! Wait a second!" I heard Jackson shout from the opposite side of the door after I rang the intercom. I stepped back slightly to allow the door to open fully. "Oh! Mark?!" Jackson said surprised as he looked at me puzzled. He let me in and we both stood in his apartment. 

 

"So you came to tell me you and Sunhee are dating now?" Jackson said with his arms folded. I nodded awkwardly and he flung his head back and sighed. "Oh! Omo!" Haesun shouted out surprised as she came from the front entrance. I swung around and greeted her quickly. "What are you doing here..?" Haesun stuttered.

"He's dating Sunhee now." Jackson quickly said before I had a chance to speak. I sighed and gave him evils. Haesun raised her eyebrows and sighed. "She knows you lied to her?" Haesun asked me as collapsed backwards onto a sofa. I nodded to her and she rolled her eyes. "Wow. Aigoo~ I was going to mess things up for you two but she's too nice." Haesun sighed. I opened my eyes wide and shook my head in disgust. 

 

After talking to Jackson for a while about what had happened, I finally left their apartment. I collapsed against the wall outside in the corridor and sighed with relief. I swear Jackson kept me for a while on purpose because he knew how awkward things were with Haesun. I didn't think she would be there. I sighed again before walking down the corridor quickly. Hopefully that's the last time I will see Haesun again. Aish, she gives me the chills. How can somebody be so heartless?

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

"Where have you been?!" Youngjae whined as I walked into his apartment. He was laid on the floor with Coco up in the air. I smiled and put my large overnight bag down. "Ah. With a friend." I told him. He sat up and put Coco down so she could run around. He raised an eyebrow and pointed at me. "Kim Sunhee. Do not lie to me." He said in a posh voice. I laughed and shook my head. Aish, this guy is like a human lie detector, how does he work things out so fast. "With Mark?" He asked me as he looked at me a couple of times. I nodded and he jumped up. "Ah. I see. Becareful Sunhee." He said as he winked before skipping off cheekily to find Coco. 

"Yah! What do you mean!" I screamed as I chased after him.

 


 

 

A/N: 70 SUBSCRIBERS! OH MY LOVELY PEOPLE! Thank you so much, it means a lot to me! I hope everyone is enjoying the story! Please comment about what you think. Thank you everyone for following Love Control, and I have a sneak message for the next chapter. As most of you may know, Shownu from MONSTA X is friends with GOT7, so he is going to make a small appearance in the next chapter! Please look forward to it! Thank you my lovelies!!