13. If You Do

Love Control

* Thoughts which Mark can hear are in italics.

 

/ Mark's POV \
"Sunhee. I have something to tell you." I said to her.
She looked at me worried, "What?! What is it? Are you ok?!" She said panicking. I nodded and we sat down together. I sighed and she frowned as she looked down. "Aigoo. How do I say this..." I mumbled under my breath.
"Ok. I can hear what people are thinking." I told her.
"Eh?!" She said as she opened her eyes wide.
"I can hear people's thoughts." I repeated. She jumped up and backed away from me. I stood up and looked at her.
"Omo! No wait! Don't listen to what I'm thinking now!" She said surprised as she quickly ran away, creating a gap between us. "Don't you dare." She said as she pointed to me.

 

I smiled, "I won't. Don't worry. I can control it." I told her.
"Is this even possible..." She stuttered.
"Think of a number." I said. I looked at her. '7' She thought.
"7" I told her. She smirked and nodded. I walked up to her, closing the gap between us. 
"Wait. No." She stuttered again as she stepped back. I frowned, "What have you heard?" She asked me. I laughed and smirked to her. She smirked as she raised her eyebrows.
"Tell me!" She called out as she continued taking steps back. 
"Banana milk and muffin." I shouted to her.
"Banana milk and muffin... Omo! That was you!" She said as a smile grew on her face. 

 

She stopped walking backwards and I took a step closer to her. "Ah ah ah! That's it!" She shouted and I stood still. I sniggered. Aish, this has turned into a game now. "What else?" She asked me.
"Nothing." I mumbled.
"Nothing?!" She whined.
"There has to be something else..." She said, crossing her arms.
"Sunhee? Why haven't you ran away?" I asked her.
She shrugged, "It's interesting." She said as she smirked. I laughed and quickly ran up to her but she ran away from me. "Yah! Come here!" I shouted after her as I chased her around.

 


 

/ Sunhee's POV \
I walked into the office with Mark behind me, we both scanned our ID badges to sign in and the doors opened for us. "Ah! Sunhee! Mark!" Our boss called out from his office as his door was open and he saw us enter. We both walked into his office and bowed to greet him. "I have a job for you both since your Jeju report went really well. There are rumours that JYP Group are extending their business into China and Japan. I would like you to go over there and find out whether this is true or not." Our boss explained to us. Mark glanced across at me and nodded his head. I nodded to him but inside I was panicking. 

 

Jackson worked at JYP Group.

 

We left the office after accepting the research task from our boss. We went to our own desks and collected our bags. "Sunbae! Do you have a research task?" Chaeyoung shouted to me behind her desk. I nodded at her and everyone looked up to see who I was going with. "Ah! Dream Team!" Wooshin shouted. I bowed my head and Mark laughed as we walked out the front doors together. Mark pressed the lift button and we waited. "Are you alright?" He asked me. I nodded to him and smiled.
He bent his head down and looked up at me, "Aye~ What's wrong?" He asked me again. I sighed and looked at him.
"Jackson works at JYP Group" I told him as we entered the lift.

 

"Are you sure you want to do this? I can go alone" Mark asked me as we got into his car. I nodded and smiled to reassure him. He smiled and started up his car as he pulled away. "Let's stop for coffee. On the way." Mark suggested. I nodded and held up my thumb to him. "We won't even have to see him. Just don't let me bump into him." I said to Mark as I turned my head to face him. He glanced at me and smiled. 

 

/ Mark's POV \
We finally reached JYP Group and I parked my car at the pavement opposite. Aish, why did Jackson have to work here? I already feeling awkward lying to Sunhee as it is. And the last thing I wanted to do was lie to her, but Jackson told me to promise him I wouldn't tell her. We got out the car and headed towards the street towards the building. I glanced across at Sunhee. She was quiet. Very quiet. I knew this was the last place she wanted to be. We reached inside the building and looked around shocked. It was gigantic and formal. Not what I was expecting.

 

We looked around when a woman ran up to us, "Oh! Aren't you Sunbae Wang's partner?" She asked Sunhee as she took a quick glance at me. Sunhee looked down so I answered for her. "She is! I'm her brother. Are we alright to go up to his office?" I asked the woman. She looked at me and grinned happily. 'Woah. He's so handsome.' She thought as she patted her hair down. I smiled to her again and she blushed slightly. "Of course! I'll let you through security. Sunbae Wang is in a meeting at the minute. But I can tell him you are here." She told us as we followed her to security.

 

We passed them safely and reached the lifts. "Can you not tell us he is here. Its a surprise event." I asked her. She looked at me and pulled a face. "Please." I begged with her as I pulled a face. She blushed slightly again and nodded. We both thanked her and I winked to her secretly before she walked away. I pressed the button for the lift and Sunhee looked at me with a straight face. "Why did you do that for!" She grumbled at me.
"We can hear gossip in the lift and corridors. Just trust me." I told her. Her eyes lit up and she nodded.

 

"Did she like you or something?" Sunhee whispered to me as we.boarded the lift. I nodded.
"She was thinking I was handsome." I whispered to her. Sunhee started laughing quietly and I frowned at her. She looked at me and quickly stopped. "That's why you winked at her." She whispered to herself. The lift soon became full with people. We both stood quietly and listened to different people's conversations. It was true. JYP Group was expanding into China and Japan. We reached the floor of Jackson's office. All we had to do was walk up and down the corridor, knock on his door then walk back to the lift. Without getting caught.

 

Just as the doors opened, we looked up to find Jackson and Haesun stood together. Aish. Jackson opened his eyes wide and we both froze in the lift. "What are you two doing here?!" He said confused as he stopped the doors from shutting again with his hand. Haesun rolled her eyes and folded her arms. "Sunhee. Let's talk." Jackson said to her as he pulled her out of the lift. Sunhee really didn't want to go. But I had no choice. Because Haesun got into the lift and blocked my exit. 

 


 

/ Sunhee's POV \
Jackson sat down behind his desk as I sat down opposite him. I folded my arms and bowed my head. "Have you been well?" He asked me awkwardly. I nodded without saying anything. I glanced up slightly and saw him smile. But I didn't ask him back. I was still angry with him, and confused about everything. "Why did you do it..." I stuttered. He sighed and didn't answer me. Because he couldn't. He had no reason for cheating on me. None.
"Are you still staying at Youngjae's?" He asked me. I nodded again and grumbled quietly. 
"Are you staying in the apartment or at Haesun's?" I asked him.
"The apartment still." He replied.

 

I'm so mad. He's still living in our apartment. Probably with Haesun now. "I'll move my things out this weekend." I told him.
He stuttered, "No. I didn't mean that. You don't have to." He whined. I shook my head.
"I can live with Youngjae." I told him sternly. He looked a bit surprised and nodded. "So you don't have a reason for cheating on me?" I asked him.
He sighed, "It's not that simple Sunhee. We're just different people..." He stuttered. 
"Crap." I said to myself as I stood up. "Don't be there at the weekend. I don't want to see you. Youngjae and Mark can help me." I told him as I walked out.

 

/ Jackson's POV \
I watched Sunhee storm out and slam the door behind her. I sunk back into my chair and sighed. Am I doing the right thing? She's just angry. I'm doing the right thing. Sunhee is one of the nicest person I know. She doesn't deserve this. I'm too busy, work takes up too much of my time. She deserves more love. Something which I can't give her. And I've seen her around Mark and I know he makes her happy. 

 

/ Mark's POV \
I stood on the rooftop with Haesun. All I could worry about was Sunhee. But I had an important question to ask Haesun. "Jackson told me the truth. I know you are cousins." I told her.
She froze and looked at me shocked. "You know?!" She cried out.
"So were you really cheating on me or not?" I asked her.
She bowed her head and nodded, "But it wasn't with Jackson. I'm sorry." She said. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I can't believe it. "Why do you hate Sunhee so much?" I then asked her.
"She isn't good for Jackson. They aren't the same. And she is too close to you. I don't like it." She explained to me.
I laughed sarcastically, "You don't like it? Haesun. We. Are. Not. Together. Anymore." I shouted at her.

 

She crossed her arms and gave me a smug look. "What would Sunhee say if she knew you knew the truth and you kept it from her?" She asked me. I swung around,
"Don't you dare." I shouted at her.