11. Stop Stop It

Love Control

* Thoughts which Mark can hear are in italics.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I sat down at my desk and put my bag down. I breathed in deepily and looked around. I had a couple of days off work to get myself back together, but I had called in sick. I was staying at Youngjae's apartment as I couldn't face Jackson and what he had done. I peered over the tops of the desks and looked at Mark's. But it was empty. I heard a beep and the main doors of the company slid open. Mark walked in and greeted everyone he passed and got to my desk. He tapped my desk and I looked up at him. He grinned and bowed his head to me before continuing to walk to his desk.

 

I began working and took my paper ready to go to the photocopier. I had finally finished writing up all the reports from when me and Mark visited Jeju Island to do some reporting. I wandered around the office and to the photocopying room. I opened the door and Mark was stood at the photocopier. "Aye. You've taken it." I grumbled as I walked in. Mark turned around and laughed.

"It's not my fault the other one is broken. I'll be done soon." Mark told me as he turned back to the photocopier. I leaned against the wall beside him and watched him. "I'll take us for food after work. My treat." Mark offered.

"Hm. Youngjae was going to cook tonight." I told him.

"Ah. Well. We can pick him up too?" He suggested. I smiled and held up an OK sign.

 

I finally managed to use the photocopier. I swear Mark was taking longer on purpose. I walked out of the photocopier room, closing the door behind me and strolled towards my desk. I placed all the reports into a plastic file and was finally ready to give them to Mr. Park. I knocked on his door and waited. "Come in!" He shouted. I pulled the door open and bowed to greet him as I entered.

"Ah Sunhee! Do you have those reports?" He asked me.

"Yes!" I said to him as I placed the reports on his desk. 

"Thank you. You and Mark work well together. Good team work." He told me as he held a thumb up. I smiled and thanked him before leaving his office.

 


 

/ Mark's POV \

I stepped by the doors and they opened to let me out. I looked around the corridor but Sunhee was no where to be seen. That's strange. She said she would wait outside for me because I would take her home. I buzzed back in and looked around the office but she wasn't there either. "Who are you looking for?" A cleaner asked me.

"Kim Sunhee Sunbae" I answered them.

"Oh! She left but a man came and they walked up the stairs together." She told me. I bowed to say thank you and quickly headed back out into the corridor. Aish. A man? Jackson? Stairs? Rooftop... I quickly darted up the stairs and headed for the roof.

 

I reached the roof and flung the door open at the top. I put a piece of wood in the gap to keep the door open because you can't open it from the outside. I ran onto the rooftop to see Sunhee and Jackson stood opposite each other. "Where have you been Sunhee?" Jackson asked her.

"I've been staying at a friend's house" She told him. He sighed and looked to his side. I froze and he glared at me. 

"What his house?!" Jackson said raising his voice.

"No! I stayed at Youngjae's!" Sunhee shouted back.

"Oh wow. This gets even better." Jackson sniggered.

 

"Don't you dare Jackson Wang!" Sunhee shouted at him.

"What? Tell me! Tell me what I've done wrong!" Jackson shouted back at her. I stepped forward and they both glared at me so I stumbled back slightly. "I saw you!" Sunhee shouted.

"Saw me? What do you mean?" Jackson said confused.

"I saw you with Haesun" She screamed at the top of her voice. Jackson froze and looked at her. He sighed deepily and bowed his head. "Sunhee" Jackson said as he stepped closer to Sunhee. She stumbled back from him and began shaking. "Can you please leave?!" Jackson shouted at me. I shook my head and he nodded.

 

"Ah. I see what this is. You two are sleeping together, right?" Jackson said as he looked at both of us. Sunhee was shaking and had her head bowed as she shook her head. "Seriously. Don't make me laugh. Why would I sleep with someone who is already dating? It's an inhumane thing to do! Oh wait. That's you." I argued back with him. He clenched his fists and glared at me angrily. 

"Do you miss Haesun?" Jackson said as he sniggered.

"No I don't. You're more than welcome to her. But not while you've got Sunhee." I told him. He rolled his eyes and we both looked at Sunhee. She was shaking and crying quietly with her head down.

 

"Sunhee..." Jackson said as he stepped towards her.

"No. Don't come near me." She stuttered. 

"Sunhee please. I didn't mean to hurt you." Jackson stuttered.

"You should have thought about that before you slept with Haesun" I butted in. Jackson swung around to look at me. I smirked at him and he walked across to me. Sunhee quickly ran in between us. "No. Leave Mark alone." She said as she wiped her tears. Jackson sniggered and folded his arms. "I see how this is." He said.

"Sunhee. Go wait in the stairwell." I told her. She shook her head repeatedly. "Sunhee please." I asked her. She shook her head again so I picked her up and put her the other side of the door, before heading back out to Jackson.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

"Mark! Mark! Jackson!" I screamed as I pounded on the door. I tried the handle repeatedly but Mark must have pushed something against the outside of the door to keep me out. "Mark! Let me in! Don't do it!" I screamed as I slammed my fist down on the door continuously. I heard shouting coming from the other side of the door. They were fighting. They were fighting. I knew they were. And it was all my fault. I pressed my back against the door and sunk down the floor. I bowed my head and buried it between my knees. I can't believe they are doing this. 

 

/ Mark's POV \

I turned around after shutting the door on Sunhee. "I'm not going to fight with you, just tell me why you did this?" I asked Jackson.

"I didn't do anything!" He shouted back to me.

"Well you obviously did! We both saw you with Haesun!" I shouted at him. He sighed and shrugged. I choked with disbelief and glared at him. He was just denying it. Denying everything. "So you have done nothing wrong..?" I said confused. He nodded. "Are you kidding me!" I shouted angrily. He sighed and stepped closer to me. "Mark, you have to promise me you won't tell Sunhee." Jackson said to be quietly. I frowned and nodded to him.

 

"I'm not cheating on Sunhee with Haesun." He said calmly. I sniggered. Yeah, right. He sighed and pulled out his wallet out of his pocket. I stood silently and watched him as he opened his wallet. "Haesun is my cousin." He told me as he showed me a family photograph in his wallet.

"Your cousin?! But why... you didn't deny it to Sunhee?"

"It's better if she thinks of it this way." 

I frowned, "But... you haven't cheated?" I said confused.

"I've seen her when she is around you, she's happy. She can't be happy with me. I work too much. She needs more love in her life. So it's best if she thinks of it this way. It's easier for her to move on." He explained to me as he bowed his head.

 

After we spoke, we both heard Sunhee banging on the door again. She was becoming agitated and wanted to be let back in. She probably thought we were fighting. "Just don't tell Sunhee." Jackson told me. I nodded and said I would keep his secret. Suddenly he hit me out of no where. "Yah! Why did you do that for!" I cried out as I held my cheek. He smirked.

"Sunhee will get suspicious if it looks like we haven't been fighting. And when Sunhee wants to know something, she will find out." Jackson said. He pointed to himself and wiggled his eyebrows.

"You want me to hit you? This is ridiculous!" I refused. He laughed and I hit him slowly. He sighed.

"Is that the best you can do?" He asked me. I smirked.

 

Suddenly Sunhee burst through the door. "Stop it! Stop it!" She screamed as us both. She thinks we've been fighting. She looked at us both and ran up to me. "Picking him over me?" Jackson shouted.

I sighed and Sunhee swung round. "You cheated on me! Go get Haesun to help you!" She screamed at him before her eyes began to fill with water.