16. I Like You

Love Control

* Thoughts which Mark can heare are in italics.

A couple of months later...

 

/ Mark's POV \

I whistled as I walked into the office, scanning my ID so the doors unlocked for me. I bowed and greeted everyone I walked past then turned the corner. Sunhee grinned at me and I smiled to her as I reached in my bag. As I walked past her desk, I dropped a banana milk and muffin in front of her. "Good Morning" I said to her as I passed her and heard her laughing quietly behind me. Work was slow but I had managed to still have some fun by playing games with Sunhee across the room; staring contests, rock paper scissors and who can last the longest without laughing.

 

It soon was lunch and I met Sunhee on the rooftop. We sat down on the floor crossed legged opposite each other. "We should really get a picnic table up here." I suggested.

Sunhee laughed, "We can't, we don't own the rooftop" She said.

"Aish. We're the only ones who use it though!" I whined. She laughed again and we continued eating. I looked up at her and she glanced up and caught me. "Are you reading my thoughts..." She stuttered as she covered her eyes.

 

"No, I'm just looking at you." I told her. We both smiled to each other and I looked back down at what I was eating. 

"Why are you looking at me!~" She whined as she looked away hiding her face. I laughed and tried to catch eye contact with her. "Are you blushing Kim Sunhee-shi!" I . She grumbled and scrambled to gather her things together. "Go away!" She shouted as she ran towards the rooftop door. I laughed and gathered my things together. "Sunhee! Sunhee!" I shouted to her as I chased her in.

 

Work finished and everyone began getting ready to leave. I said goodbye to everyone politely as they all left. I was busy working on my computer but I peered over the top of the desks to look at Sunhee. She was also busy working and yawning at the same time. I rolled my chair back and disappeared into the small kitchen we had connected to the back of the office. I made some coffee and poured it into two mugs. I walked back into the office and looked around. No Sunhee. Aish~

 

I sighed and put the two mugs down on my desk. "Boo!" Someone shouted out as they jumped on my back. I jumped and swung around. "Aish~ Kim Sunhee!" I cried out as she grinned cheekily. "Thank you for the coffee." She said as went to pick up a mug. But I stopped her. "No no no. That's not for you." I said as she frowned. She then went to pick up the other mug but I stopped her again. "That one isn't either." I told her as she sighed. She looked at me and pouted as she walked away to sulk. I laughed to myself quietly and sat down. I glanced at her and she was half asleep as she was typing. I smirked and picked up a mug.

 

I crept across to her so she didn't notice and reached around the side of her to put the mug in front of her. "Oh! Thank you!" She cried out happily and she quickly grabbed the mug. Before I could stop her she had already taken a massive gulp and burnt . She whined and pulled a face at me. "Aigoo~" I sighed as I rolled my eyes. I sat on the edge of her desk and folded my arms. She wiped and whined. "I thought it had cooled down." She sighed as she bowed her head. I smiled and chuckled quietly. "Let's finish our work and go get some ice cream!" I suggested. With the word 'ice cream', she shot her head up and quickly began finishing her work.

 


 

/ Sunhee's POV \

We reached the park with our ice creams and strolled slowly. I was holding my vanilla ice cream, and Mark was holding his cookies and cream ice cream. I glanced across at Mark's a couple of times and he finally caught me. "You've had your eye on my ice cream for ages." He said as he burst out laughing. I quickly shook my head and denied it. "I have not! I have my vanilla ice cream. It tastes good." I said happily. He looked at me and smiled as he nodded. "Ok ok ok" He repeated as he chuckled. I continued walking but he hadn't. I turned around to face him and he looked at me.

 

"Sunhee. I like you."

I looked up at Mark and smiled slightly and he quickly kissed my cheek. "Uh. I'm sorry." He stuttered. He bowed his head and quickly turned away before walking down the path. I froze and closed my eyes before taking a deep breath in. "Mark!" I shouted after him. He stopped and I ran up to him. 

"Mark Tuan. I like you too." I told him as I put my hands either side of his face, I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him quickly. I stood back on my feet and smiled awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with him.

 

Suddenly I felt a warm arm wrap around my waist, Mark pulled me closer to him and kissed me gently. I smiled as he kissed me and I wrapped my arms around him, still holding my ice cream. He smiled and continued kissing me as he my cheek softly. "Ah~ Look at us two. We were both nervous yet we wanted to say the exact same thing." Mark said as we broke off the kiss. I nodded and smiled at him. He looked down and reached into his satchel which was around his body, he pulled out a couple of tissues. "Aigoo. Kim Sunhee. Taking so long to eat.your ice cream." He said as he wiped my hands with tissues and wrapped the bottom of my ice cream cone in a tissue. "Oh! I forgot. My ice cream!" I whined.

 

"Should we go back to mine?" Mark asked me as he took my hand in his and locked his fingers between mine. We walked down the street side by side as he swung our hands back and forth. 

"What about JB and Jr.?" I asked him.

"Ah. They've gone on holiday." He told me.

"Why didn't you go?" I asked him again.

"I didn't want to leave you." He said as he winked.

"Aigoo. Mark Tuan! You should have gone!" I whined.

"Then this wouldn't have happened!" Mark said happily as we turned the corner towards his apartment.

 


 

/ Mark's POV \

I sat on the sofa and got the film ready to play. I sat in my deer onesie and waited for Sunhee who was in the bathroom. I looked around, there were drinks and snacks on the table, the film was ready to play. Hmm. "Blanket. Blanket. Blanket." I remembered as I ran to my bedroom to grab a blanket. I came back out as the bathroom door opened. Sunhee crept out of the bathroom then met eye contact with me. I looked at her in her pajammas and large bunny slippers. I smirked to myself and she bowed her head.

 

"Aigoo! Cute!~" I cried out. She had taken off her make up and put all her hair into a messy bun. She shuffled in her slippers and put her hands in front of her face embarrassed. I laughed slightly and walked up to meet her. I took her hands away from her face and smiled at her. "Wait. Lemm..." She stuttered. I looked at her. 'Make-up' She thought to herself.

"No no no! Don't go put make up on!" I whined as I turned her back to face me. She looked down and I smirked. I tilted her chin up and kissed her cheek. "You look beautiful." I told her as I lead her to the sofa. She smiled to me and I wrapped my arms around her as we sat down on the sofa.

 

"Wait. How did you know I was going to put make-up on?" She asked confused as she looked across at me. I stuttered and looked the other way awkwardly. "Uh! Let's choose a movie!" I quickly said, changing the subject. She poked my forehead and I cried out. "You read my thoughts didn't you? Yah! Mark!" She grumbled and shouted. I laughed with a guilty look on my face. I shook my head and we both burst out laughing as she began playfully hitting me with a cushion. "Yah! Yah! Stop it!" I whined.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I woke up and rolled over onto my back. I looked to my side and Mark wasn't there. I frowned and sat up slowly as I rubbed my eyes and stretched. Hmm. Where was he... I swung my legs out of bed and shuffled my feet into my slippers before standing up and making my way to the door. I opened the door and the smell of food hit me. I shuffled out into the corridor and followed the smell of food. "Good morning." I mumbled to Mark.

"Morning beautiful." He said back to me as he grinned.

"It smells good..." I stuttered as I continued to wake up fully.

"American breakfast!" He said happily as he continued cooking. He pointed to the table, telling me to sit down. I sat down and watched him cook.

 

"What colour?" He asked me as he sat down opposite me after serving out the breakfast. I looked down at the mugs beside the water bottle which were yellow and red. "Guess. And don't read my mind." I said to him as I smirked.

He smirked and shook his head as he looked at me. I frowned and quickly looked away. "No no. You're listening to the colour I'm thinking." I whined. He stayed quiet and leant over, turning my face to look at him again. He looked at me and frowned. "W... What..? What's wrong?" I stuttered. He held his head in his hands for a while then looked back at me.

 

/ Mark's POV \

I looked at Sunhee but nothing. No thoughts. Nothing. "Are you thinking of the colour?" I asked her. She nodded quietly. "Are you sure?" I asked her. She nodded again. Nothing. I couldn't hear anything. I shook my head and tried again. Nothing. No thoughts. "I can't hear anything." I stuttered.

"What...?" She said confused.

"Are you sure you are thinking?" I asked her again.

"I'm thinking! Red! I'm thinking red!" She repeated. 

"But I can't hear anything..." I said as I held my head in my hands.

 

"What do you mean you cant hear anything?" She panicked as she looked at me worriedly. I sighed and held my head as a pain rushed to it. "I can't hear you thinking." I stuttered as I closed my eyes, trying not to think of the pain in my head. I heard a chair scrape against the floor and Sunhee had rushed over to my side to see if I was ok.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I sat in a ball on my chair behind my desk. I stared at my laptop screen and scrolled through pages and pages. "Ah! Got it!" I shouted out loud as I clicked on a link and it sent me to a page. I quickly grabbed my phone and rang Mark. "What's wrong?" He asked me straight away.

"Why would there be something wrong...?" I stuttered.

"I always worry about you." He said as he chuckled.

I choked slightly, "Uh. I found something!" I quickly said, getting back on track. "I found an ahjumma who had the same ability you had. We can go and see her!" I told him excitedly.

"Ah~ Sunhee. I'm not sure..." He stuttered.

 


 

 

A/N: So here it is! Probably the chapter all of you have been waiting for since the start of the story! I just want to say a VERY big thank you to all my beautiful and lovely subscribers. Love Control has now reached over 60 subscribers and it makes me so happy! I hope you continue to enjoy the story, and also comment on your thoughts! Thank you my lovelies!