4. Good Tonight

Love Control

* Thoughts which Mark an hear are in italics.

 

/ Mark's POV \

I stood by my desk and pulled my bag out from underneath it. I swung my bag over my head and around my body. "Mark!" Sunhee called. I looked across and smiled. Does she remember? Does she know we drank together? I bowed my head and walked across. "How was your first day?" She asked me as we walked out the office and across to the lift together. I pressed the button and we waited. "It was good. I just need to get to know everyone." I told her as I smiled. She nodded and grinned back. She obviously didn't remember. But then again, she did drink a lot. A lot!

 

"Don't worry. We'll have a company meal soon, we all eat and drink! It's great! You can get to know people then!" Sunhee said excitedly. I looked at her and nodded quietly. Ah. I don't think Sunhee should go anywhere near drinking anytime soon... We reached the ground floor and left the lift, heading towards the front doors of the building. "Are you walking?" I asked Sunhee. She shook her head as she pointed towards the silver car parked in front of us. "My boyfriend Jackson is picking me up. Have a good night Mark!" Sunhee said happily before running off to the car. I looked at the car and received a funny look of Jackson. I smiled to him but there was no smile back. 

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I opened the door of Jackson's car and jumped in, dropping my bag by my feet. I leaned across and kissed Jackson on his cheek. "Who's the new guy?" He asked me. I looked across at Mark who had began walking down the street and smiled. "Ah! He's our new photographer!" I told him. Jackson nodded and pulled away from the side of the road. As we passed Mark, I waved to him through the window and he grinned, waving back. "Is he nice?" Jackson asked me. I nodded and smiled. "He's friendly." I told Jackson as he continued driving. 

 

"Will you have to go to work tonight?" I asked Jackson.

"Hm. I don't think so. Not tonight." He said. I clapped my hands and grinned happily. He looked at me and smiled before looking back at the road and focused on his driving. "Hmmm. What should we do tonight?!~" I sang as I thought. Jackson stayed quiet and I shouted out a list of things we could together. He smiled at the suggestions and drove into the underground car park of our apartment building. 

 

After parking the car we reached our apartment. I dropped my bag onto the floor then fell backwards onto the sofa. Jackson disappeared into the bedroom to take his suit off and put other clothes on. I sat on the sofa and stared at the ceiling for a while. "Do you want something to eat?" Jackson asked me as he reappeared from the bedroom. I nodded and jumped up. "I'll make something. Go change and wash up." He told me. I showed him an OK sign and ran off into the bedroom. 

 

I came back out after having changed into more comfortable clothes and followed the smell of food. Jackson finished putting all the dishes on the table and I sat down opposite him. "Thank you!" I said happily as he passed me my chopsticks and spoon. "Did you have a good day at work?" I asked him as I began eating.

"It was alright. We're still busy." He said as he sighed.

"Ah. You always seem busy at work." I said as I smiled to him.

He smiled, "Uh. I'm sorry. It gets busy a lot." He said as he bowed his head.

"It's fine! Oh! I have a company meal next Saturday so I may be home slightly later." I told Jackson. He nodded and smiled as we continued eating.

 


 

/ Mark's POV \

I strolled out the lift and buzzed my card on the electronic scanner by the door of the company. The door opened and I walked in happily. I walked down the small corridor towards the office are and to my desk. I put my bag down on the desk and Sunhee came running up to me. "Mark! Mark! Are you coming to the company meal tonight? It will give you a chance to get to know everyone." She asked me.

"Hmm. Ok. I can come" I told her. She smiled and wrote my name down then quickly ran off to another desk. I smiled and took my folders out of my bag and logged onto my computer.

 

Work was tiring, I was given a pile of files to look through and make sure I was able to pick up from the last photographer which was here. Apparently he got a new job at a larger company. And then I take his place, coming from a larger company to a smaller one. 'No wonder some people are looking at me weirdly. They must have found out. I looked up and two women passed me and glanced back at me then whispered. Or it might be because I'm good looking.' I laughed quietly to myself then realised what I had just said. 

 

It soon became lunchtime and I ate my lunch then went out for some air for the last 20 minutes. I still had a bag of cookies in my bag which I would probably finish off later if I got a bit peckish. As I walked out the front of the building, I noticed Sunhee with her head down. 'Aish, why isn't he here yet. Jackson. Where are you.' She thought as I looked at her. "Sunhee!" I shouted as I ran across to her.

"Oh Mark." She said as she waved.

"Are you waiting for someone? Jackson?" I asked her. 

'Aish. Busted.' She thought. "Uh. We sometimes meet during our lunch breaks and eat together." She told me.

"But he hasn't come yet?" I said as I frowned. She shook her head awkwardly. Wait that means she hasn't eaten. I pulled the bag of cookies out of my bag and passed them to her. She frowned and I grinned and she accepted them awkwardly but with a sigh of relief.

 

I made my way back to my desk after lunch and all I could think about was Sunhee. Jackson what is up with you? First I heard you thinking of ways to leave, now you don't show up, you gave me a weird look. Aish. I don't know what is going on with you. But you can't do this. Sunhee will become unhappy. I glanced up and looked at Sunhee. And she can't become unhappy, not like I was. I watched her and she quietly got on with her work as she nibbled on the cookies I gave her.

 

The day soon ended and everyone packed away, and headed out together. Ah. The dreaded company meal. I was looking forward to it, but the same time I wasn't. I followed everyone behind and Sunhee stopped and walked beside me. "Come on! Come on! It'll be fun! Fun! Fun!" She said excitedly as she pulled me alone. I looked across at her, 'Ah. I need a drink after today. Jackson hasn't even messaged me.' She thought. I bowed my head but quickly pulled it up. Ah! That's right! Sunhee likes to drink a lot. I better watch her. I don't want her making a Soju glass tower again. We finally reached the bar and headed inside.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \ 

"Is she alive?" I heard someone whisper.

"I'm sure she is?" I heard another whisper.

"Guys. Shush. Just leave her." A third person whispered. I stretched and woke up properly. I opened my eyes to find three guys leaning over me and staring. I opened my eyes wide and awkwardly pulled my blanket over my face. "Sunhee?!" The third person said again. Then I realised it was Mark. They all began laughing quietly and I laid still under my blanket awkwardly. Aish. How did I end up here. In Mark's apartment...