23. Mine

Love Control

/ Mark's POV \
"Mark! Are you ready?" Sunhee shouted to me from the front door. I sat on the edge of our bed and breathed in and out deeply, trying to compose and prepare myself. We were meeting her parents, I was meeting them for the first time. "Yeah! I'm coming!" I shouted back to her as I stood up and sighed one last time before shuffling my feet to meet her by the front door. "Ok! Let's go!" Sunhee said happily as she pulled the lock down on the front door and pushed it open. I nodded and followed her out. She took my hand in hers and we walked down the corridor together. "Don't worry. My parents are lovely. It'll be fine." Sunhee reassured me as she smiled happily.

 

We were sat at traffic lights in the car and I was tapping my fingers on the edge of the steering wheel along to the quiet music which was playing. I was trying to distract myself from thinking about Sunhee's parents. But it wasn't working. "Are Yugyeom and Bambam going to be there?" I asked Sunhee as I glanced across at her. She nodded and I looked back at the traffic lights. I sighed quietly with relief. I'm glad those two will be there. I might not feel as awkward. Although, they were both suspicious of me and they realised my ability. I hadn't really spoken to them since then. But my ability has disappeared now, so I hope I can get along with them well.

 

We finally reached their house and I pulled up on a small driveaway. I stopped the car and we both got out. "Hold on" I told Sunhee before she started walking towards the door. She stopped and frowned as I opened the boot of my car and pulled out a couple of giftbags and a basket of fruit. "Mark. You didn't have to get them anything." Sunhee sighed. I smirked and shrugged as I shut the car boot and followed her down a small path towards the front door. She knocked a couple of times and suddenly the door opened. "Ah! Noona! Hyung!" Yugyeom sang happily as he let us both in. We greeted each other then me and Sunhee took our shoes off. My grip got tighter on the bags and basket as I started getting nervous again.

 

I followed Sunhee through their house. Her father was sat with Bambam and her mother was stood in the kitchen. "Umma! Appa!" Sunhee squealed. Her mother came through from the kitchen and her father stood up. "Hello... my name is Mark Tuan." I greeted them as I did a 90 degree bow. They both smiled at me then I did a formal handshake with Sunhee's father. I glanced across at Sunhee and she showed me a thumbs up. I looked across at Bambam and he waved to me. "I'm so happy we have finally met. Sunhee has spoken about you a lot." Her mother told me. I smiled and chuckled quietly to myself. "And don't feel nervous. Our house is warming and accepting." Her mother then said. I thanked her and smiled as we all sat down. 

 

After a while of talking to Sunhee's parents and also Yugyeom and Bambam, Sunhee's mother called us all to the table. We walked through to the dining room to see the table full of food and there were five rice bowls set out. "Umma! There's only 5? There's 6 of us?" Sunhee said confused. I looked around and Yugyeom and Bambam were putting their coats on. "Noona! We're going out to the library. We will be back later." Yugyeom told her. She nodded and we all said bye to them as they disappeared. We turned back to the table and we all sat down. I looked around. There was an empty place set. "Umma!" We heard shout from the front door. I looked at Sunhee and frowned. It sounded like someone familiar. But it wasn't Yugyeom.

Youngjae.

 

He came in quickly and greeted us all then sat down in the empty place. "Oh! Mark! You're here!" He said as he grinned. I looked at him and blinked a couple of times. I glanced across at Sunhee and she looked at me. She grinned awkwardly and we all began eating. "I'm guessing you have met Youngjae?" Sunhee's mother asked me. I nodded and smiled. Youngjae looked at me and grinned with his cheeks full of food. Ah. He's here again. Again. Sunhee nudged my foot and I looked at her. She gave me a reassuring smile and we continued eating. "Is the food ok?" Her mother asked.
"Yes!" Me and Youngjae said at the same time. I sighed quietly and he opened his eyes wide before quickly eating.

 

We finished eating and I had offered to help Sunhee's mother with the dishes. Sunhee was busy in the living room with her father and Youngjae. "Do you get along with Youngjae?" Sunhee's mother whispered to me. I nodded and smiled. She grinned happily.
"That's good then. I know Jackson. Oh sorry. I mean Sunhee's last partner. He didn't get along with Youngjae very well. It puts my heart at ease that you both get along." She told me. I nodded and continued washing the dishes. I was thinking about things as I was washing. I wasn't jealous of Youngjae. I wouldn't be after the argument me and Sunhee had. But there was something. Something was strange. And I wanted to find out. 

 

After I had finished helping Sunhee's mother with the dishes, me and Sunhee were taking a walk around her parent's large garden. Youngjae was inside so this was my opportunity. "So Youngjae calls your mother Umma?" I asked her as we walked around, holding hands. She looked at me and nodded. "He has done ever s..." She began but then stopped. I frowned and stopped walking. She stopped and I pulled her back gently towards me. "Ever since? Sunhee?" I said confused. She sighed and nodded. Then she began explaining Youngjae's story to me; 

"It was when we were children. I first met Youngjae. His parents owned a small convinence store on the way to school. I often went in for a snack before school without my parents knowing and I met Youngjae. We became best friends, and moved to the same high school when we got older. When we were in our second year, his younger sister went missing and she never returned. That's why Youngjae is protective over me and that is what Jackson hated. His parents lost their shop and they had to move to a smaller house. Then in our last year of high school, his parents could not cope with everything and left. They left all of Youngjae's things with my parents and disappeared. I don't think they were coping since his little sister disappeared. So Youngjae ended up living with us ever since." 

 

I gulped and stayed quiet. Sunhee sighed and I pulled her into a hug. "I'm glad you told me. Youngjae is welcome anytime. You know that. And I'll let him be protective of you. I won't stop him. It makes me rest better knowing you are extra protected." I told her as we hugged each other tightly. Suddenly, we heard a door bang behind us. We quickly let go of each other and stepped apart. "Mark!" Her father shouted to us. I turned around and he held up a couple of bottles and raised his eyebrow. Sunhee laughed and pushed me slightly. "Go go. You have been summoned. Just. Don't drink too much. Pretend to drink after a while" Sunhee whispered to me.

 


 

/ Sunhee's POV \
I was stood in the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me just after getting out of the shower after getting back home. Suddenly, there was a pounding on the door and I heard Mark shouting. "Sunhee! Sunhee! Let me in! Let me in! Please! Let me in!" He shouted from the other sideof the door. I laughed and walked up to the door.
"You'll have to wait! I told you to go for a pee before I went in the shower!" I shouted back to him.
"No no no! It's not that! Please just let me in!" He shouted but it sounded more like a squeal. I pulled the lock across slightly and quietly so the door was unlocked. But he hadn't realised from the outside. "What is it then?!" I said confused. I looked around and frowned. "Oh! You left your jeans in here! Is that it?" I asked him.

 

"Sunhee! Come on!" He shouted panicking. I picked up his jeans and before I knew it he had burst into the bathroom. I stumbled back slightly and he blinked a couple of times at me before quickly taking his jeans from me. I stuttered and stood awkwardly in my towel. He smirked. "Thank you!" He said quickly before disappearing out the door, shutting it behind him. I looked down. No reaction. Nothing. Did he need to run off to somewhere? Is that why he needed his jeans? I sighed with relief. "You look good in a towel by the way!" He shouted cheekily.
"Aish! You wait!" I screamed back at him. I finished what I was doing in the bathroom, had finished getting dried and dressed, and headed out into the bedroom. Mark was grinning cheekily as he sat on the edge of the bed facing the bathroom door.

 

"What have you done..?" I stuttered as I looked around, making sure there were no traps around. 
"I haven't done anything! I promise!" He said as he opened his arms. I gave him evils then finally believed him. I quickly ran into his arms and we fell backwards together. "Aish!" He said surprised. I started laughing and we hugged each other before we sat back up. "You were so nervous today. It was quite cute actually." I told Mark as I . He pulled a face.
"I wasn't! Ah! Kim Sunhee! You wait! Soon we will fly to LA then you can meet my parents." He said. I pulled the same face as him and we started laughing. 

 

It soon got late again, I was stood in the bathroom brushing my teeth when Mark strolled in. He leant across and picked up his toothbrush. He began brushing his teeth beside me and we both looked in the mirror together. I wiggled my nose and smiled then Mark copied me. I stuck my tongue out then bent my head down to spit out into the sink but Mark also did the same. We both finished and he kissed me on my cheek before we both brought our heads back up. We both grinned to each other and he dried his face on the towel then dried mine for me. "Thank you!" I said happily. He grinned and took my hand as he led me out of the bathroom. We both sat in bed either side and spoke for a while before going to sleep.

 

I woke up to the sun streaming through a gap in the curtains. I grumbled and rolled over to find Mark sat up, looking at me. "Oh. How long have you been awake?" I asked him.
"Not long." He told me as he moved a couple of strands out of my face. I stretched out my arms and noticed something glimmer in the sunlight. I frowned and sat up. "Oh! What's this?!" I cried out happily as I looked down at my hand. "Yah! Mark Tuan!" I shouted happily. He moved to my side and pointed to my hand. 
"Oh! What's that!?" He squealed as he pointed to the ring on my finger. Then I noticed it. There was a matching one on his finger too. I flung my arms out and hugged him tightly. 

 

/ Flashback: Mark's POV \
I yawned as I waited for Sunhee to fall asleep. I had my eyes closed and pretended I was asleep so she was more likely to fall asleep. "Sunhee" I whispered to her. But there was no response. She was asleep. I smiled to myself and lifted the small box out of the bedside drawer next to me. I opened the box quietly and pulled out the smallest ring. I took Sunhee's hand gently and slipped the ring on her wedding finger carefully. She moved slightly and I held my breath panicking but she continued to sleep. I sighed with relief and finished by putting the largest ring on my finger. Thankfully I had gotten my jeans out of the bathroom in time, the small ring box was in the pocket. I thought Sunhee was going to find it.

 

/ Now: Sunhee's POV \
"I love you so much. So can we get married now?" Mark asked me. 

 


 

A/N: Annyeong my lovelies! I'm guessing quite a lot of you have been waiting for this chapter! Wedding bells! *Ding dong ding dong* EEEEP! I hope you all enjoyed in my lovelies and please remember to comment with your thoughts! However, I do have some bad news to tell you, Love Control will end in 25 chapters which means 2 more chapters to go! The story should be finished just before christmas as I have exams in January so I want to get Love Control finished before my exams! But don't be sad! There's still 2 more to go! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)