14. I Keep Looking

Love Control

* Thoughts Which Mark Can Hear Are In Italics. 

 

/ Mark's POV \
I made my way up the corridor to find Youngjae stood outside. "Ah! Mark! There you are!" He said happily. I waved to him and met up with him. He went inside Jackson and Sunhee's apartment. Sunhee was busy putting things into boxes and tidying her things away. She glanced up at me and smiled quickly but then went back to her boxes. "Is she ok?" I whispered to Youngjae. He looked across at me and pulled a face. "I think so." He whispered back to me. But I could tell she wasn't. She was quickly packing things away and not paying attention to anything else.

 

Hmm. Should I? Shouldn't I? Just this once. The last time. I looked at Sunhee to see what she was thinking, 'Ah. Sunhee, just hurry up hurry up. I want to get out of here.' I sighed and she looked up. She frowned at me and quickly looked down, hiding her eyes. "Sunhee, can we help with anything?" I asked her. She looked around and let out a sigh. "Youngjae, can you take these boxes to the door?" She asked him. Youngjae nodded and picked up some boxes to put by the front entrance of the apartment. As soon as Youngjae left the room, she looked up at me and gave me evils. "You just read my thoughts. Mark!" She whined out loudly. I told her to be quiet and looked at her with a guilty look on my face. 

 

I was busy putting things into boxes for Sunhee when I glanced around to find her reaching up for a box on a top shelf close to the ceiling. I wouldn't be able to reach it so there was no way she would be able to. "Don't you have any ladders?" I asked her. She jumped and swung around. She shook her head and smiled.
"Oh well. It's fine. I have no idea what it is anyway." She said as she stood back on her feet properly. I smiled and stood up. "Turn around." I said to her. She frowned so I spun her around myself.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \
"Turn around" Mark told me. I frowned to him and he stepped closer to me and spun me around so I was facing the wall again. Suddenly, I felt warm arms wrap around my waist and I was lifted up. "Go go go!" Mark shouted. I reached up for the box but it was no use. It was still too high and it was pushed far back on the shelf. I shook my head and he sighed. "I can't reach it!" I cried out to him. He began to lower me back to the floor but he lost his footing and we both fell back together.

 

I opened my eyes from quickly shutting them as I fell. Mark looked at me awkwardly and I looked down at him and opened my eyes wide. Suddenly the door opened. Youngjae. "Omo! Omo! Omo!" He cried out as he stood by the door, covering his eyes. I quickly scrambled up and Mark stood up afterwards. "Youngjae! We fell!" I shouted at him. He raised an eyebrow and nodded slowly. He didn't believe me. "Youngjae!" I shouted at him.
"I'll just... go..." He stuttered.

 

Youngjae backed out of the room awkwardly. Mark and I looked at each other, and burst out laughing. "Well that was..." I began.
"You might have to clear that up with him later..." Mark told me as he laughed. I nodded and Mark turned around to look at the box. "Ok! Attempt 2!" Mark cheered. 
"It's fine. Just leave it." I told him but he refused. He crouched down and tapped his shoulders. "No no. I'm too heavy." I told him.
He chuckled, "I've lifted you up before. Come on." He told me. I nodded and sat on his shoulders as he carefully stood up straight, using the wall for support. He took one of my hands in his hand and locked his fingers between mine. "Heheh. Your hands are warm." He said quietly to himself. I smiled awkwardly and reached up to grab the box.

 

"I've got it!" I cried out happily.
"Really! You've got it!" He said excitedly. I nodded and pulled the box towards me carefully. But I pulled it too much and before I could catch it, it had fallen off the shelf, hit Mark on his head and cracked open on the floor. "Omo!" I shouted surprised.
"Yep. You've definitely got it." Mark said as he rubbed his head. I looked down.
"Omo! Blood!" I whined as I looked down at him from above. He looked up at me and I saw a cut on his head when the box had cut him. "Ah. I'm sorry!" I cried out with a guilty look on my face. He looked up at me and grinned happily.

 

/ Mark's POV \
Sunhee looked down at me as she was still on my shoulders. I looked up at her after glancing down at the small amount of blood on my hand. Pretty. I grinned happily to her and looked at her eyes. Ah. What am I thinking! I quickly looked away and coughed awkwardly. I crouched down slightly and she jumped backwards of my back. We looked down at the box which had cracked open. "Wait! Don't touch it!" Sunhee told me. I raised my hands and nodded as she ran out the room. She came back with a first aid box and sat on the floor as she opened it and searched around. She told me to sit on the floor opposite her.

 

She pulled out a plaster and peeled back to packaging. She pressed it against my cut on my forehead and smoothed it down with her fingers. She smiled and closed the box lid. "Thank you." I said to her happily as I touched the plaster on my forehead. We sat opposite each other on the floor and Mina glanced at the box which had cracked open. She picked up all of the pieces of paper and photographs. "Oh!" She cried out as she looked through them. I leaned over to look at them but she hid them from me. "Why!~" I grumbled and she laughed slightly.

 

But then she started frowing. "Umma... Appa... Jackson..." She said to herself. Omo. What's this? Is it a family photograph. Haesun! Is Haesun on it? "Mark. Mark." She said as she tapped my arm. 
"What now?~" I whined.
"I need to go..." She stuttered.
"Go where?~" 
"To Jackson." She said as she jumped up with the photograph in her hand. I jumped up after her and she quickly ran out. "Where are you going?" Youngjae asked confused as he watched her quickly putting on her shoes. 
"I'll be back soon." She told us as she ran out the door. 

 

I grabbed my jacket and pulled it on. "Where are you going now?" Youngjae grumbled as he watched me pull on my shoes.
"I'm going to follow her." I told him.
"Well. Well. I'm coming too!" He said as he grabbed his coat. I sighed but nodded as we left the apartment, following Sunhee. She had already disappeared by the time we reached outside but luckily I had my car with me. I knew exactly where she was heading. Jackson's company building.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \
I rushed into the JYP group building. I looked around and managed to find the girl that let me and Mark in last time. I ran over to her and greeted her politely. She greeted me and smiled. "Hello, am I alright to go up and see Jackson?" I asked her.
"Hmm... I'm not really allowed to let you." She told me. I looked away and rolled my eyes. Wow. She changed her tone. 
"Oh! Hello! It's the pretty one again! Do you remember me? I remember you!" Someone behind me said. It was Mark. I looked.at the girl and she blushed as she nodded. I folded my arms and rolled my eyes again. 

 

"Please could we just go up and see him one last time?" Mark begged her and he smiled to her. She smiled back to him.
"Hm. I suppose you can... but I have to tell him this time." She said to Mark. Oh wow. She wouldn't let me when I was on my own. But now her crush has arrived. That's it! There are no rules! I sighed deepily and they both looked at me. "Thank you for your understanding." I said to her sarcastically. I glanced across at Mark and he winked to her before she ran off to ring Jackson. I turned around to face Mark and he laughed. "What's wrong with you?" He said as he poked my eyebrows because I was frowning.

 

"Nothing. Nothing." I repeated.
"Are you jealous?" He teased me.
"Mark Tuan! Why would I be jealous!" I denied as I hit his arm. He held it and whined. Oh my. I didn't even hit him that hard. He stopped whining and laughed before the girl came running back. "You can go up now. Sunbae Wang is waiting." She told us as she got us both through to the lifts. We boarded the lift and went up to Jackson's floor. I'm surprised Mark didn't ask me any questions. In fact he just stayed quiet the whole time. We reached Jackson's office and I knocked on his door. 

 


 

/ Jackson's POV \
I heard a knock on my door and I glanced up to find Sunhee storm in with Mark walking behind her. She reached the end of my desk and slammed a photograph down on it. "This is a family photo right? Why the hell is Haesun on it!" She screamed at me. I stuttered and didn't say anything. "Were you with her before you were with me?" She screamed again. "Unless... you are related..." She stuttered as she sunk down to the floor. Mark quickly walked up to her and picked her back up. "I'm right aren't I?" She asked me. I nodded.

 

"Haesun is my cousin..." I stuttered. She looked at me and blinked repeatedly until tears formed in her eyes. I glanced up at Mark and frowned at him. He opened his eyes wide and shook his head. He didn't tell her. Sunhee looked at me and looked at Mark then frowned. 

 

"Did. You. Know?" She shouted as she swung around to face Mark.