5. She's A Monster

Love Control

* Thoughts which Mark can hear are in italics (There may not be any in this chapter).

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I quickly jumped up and hunted around for my things, luckily my bag was close but my heels... no where to be seen. I took my bag and looked around quickly, trying to ignore the three guys who were watching me. "Are you looking for this?" One of the guys asked me as he held up one of my heels. I nodded and quickly took it off him. "Thank you" I mumbled awkwardly to him.

"I have the other one." The other guy said as he passed me my other heel. "Thank you" I mumbled again. I quickly pulled my shoes on and headed towards the door. "Sorry." I said to them all as I rushed out the door. Aish! Why did Mark have to live with roommates!? It makes it more awkward!

 

/ Mark's POV \

Sunhee rushed out the door and we all looked at each other awkwardly. "Well that was awkward..." Jr. said as he walked back to what he was doing. I stood beside JB and we looked at each other. "What are you doing? Go after her! Make sure she gets home safely!" JB shouted at me. I nodded and rushed to the door, pulled on my shoes and ran out after her. "Sunhee! Kim Sunhee!" I shouted as I ran down the corridor. But she was already gone. Wow. She must have run. I ran to the lift and pressed the button repeatedly.

 

I reached the ground floor and ran out the building. I looked around and noticed her to my right crouched down, hugging her knees. I walked over to her quietly and crouched down. I copied what she was doing and hugged my knees. "Is this a new pose then?" I said out loud. We both looked up at the same time and she sighed deepily. "Don't. I can go home alone." She said as she stood up. I stood up after her and held her wrist. "I'm embarrassed. Please." She whined. I let go of her wrist and she began walking off.

 

I started following her and she stopped. "You're following me aren't you?" She said out loud. I sniggered and she turned around.

"Let me buy you breakfast." I told her. She bowed her head and nodded. I smiled and joined her beside her side. "You can't avoid me forever. We work together." I said as I laughed. She smiled and nodded again. We walked up to a small coffee shop and went inside. We ordered and sat down at a table in a quiet corner. "I'm sorry" She said to me as she drank her coffee.

 

"You don't have to apologise. Do you remember what happened?" I asked her. She shook her head and looked ashamed. I smiled. 

"Uh. It's fine. You don't need to know." I told her.

"Did I do something embarrassing?" She asked.

"No. Everyone got drunk and they left together. There was only me and you left. But you were too drunk and I couldn't leave you alone. And I didn't know your address... so I just took you with me.." I explained to her. She nodded and thanked me.

"I bet your friends think I'm crazy." She said as she laughed.

"Oh. JB and Jr. Don't worry about them" I said laughing.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

"Do you live with your boyfriend?" Mark asked me as we finished eating breakfast. I froze and opened my eyes wide. I quickly grabbed my bag and pulled the zip open. "What?! What's wrong?" Mark panicked. I scrambled around my bag and my phone was no where to be seen. Aish. The bar? Mark's apartment? I closed my eyes and sighed. "I think I've left my phone at your apartment" I said as I sighed again. Mark stood up and smiled. He paid the bill after we argued about who would pay it, "No worries. We can go back then I'll take you home in my car." He told me. I nodded and we walked back down the street towards his apartment. 

 

We reached his apartment building and walked back to the lift. "JB or Jr. might have found it." Mark told me as we walked into the lift. We stood side by side and I had my head bowed. If it wasn't bad enough waking up in their apartment, I had to go back. Mark smiled happily and I pulled a slight smile to him. The lift reached his floor and I followed him down the corridor. He tapped in the passcode to the apartment. "Oh! You're back!" I heard Jr. shout to Mark as he entered then he looked at me and his eyes got wider. "Oh." He stuttered. 

 

/ Mark's POV \

"Oh! You're back!" Jr. shouted to me. I grinned and shuffled my feet into my slippers. Sunhee followed me in as I walked down the small corridor into the apartment. Jr. and JB were stood up and as I turned the corner, Haesun stood up in front of the sofa. "Mark" She said. I stopped and froze which caused Sunhee to crash into the back of me. Haesun's eyes flicked to Sunhee then back to me. I sighed then turned to JB. "Have you seen Sunhee's phone?" I asked him. He shook his head and stood beside Jr. awkwardly. Sunhee stayed quietly behind me and I looked at the sofa. I walked straight past Haesun and pulled Sunhee's phone from out of the cushions.

 

I turned around and Sunhee had just bowed to greet Haesun. Haesun bowed back and smiled. "Mark?" Haesun said again. I gripped Sunhee's phone tightly in my hand. "Let's go." I told Sunhee as I took her wrist and lead her out. She bowed her head quickly to the others and followed me quietly. I pulled my shoes on quickly and we ended up in the corridor. "You can't avoid me forever Mark!" Haesun screamed behind us as we walked down the corridor. Sunhee went to turn around but I stopped her and pulled her back around. "Ignore her." I told her.

 

We made our way to the underground car park and sat in my car. I sighed deepily and rested my head against the steering wheel. "Are you ok?" Sunhee asked me. I nodded quietly then turned my head to look at her. She was sat awkwardly and I sat up. "I'm sorry. I'll take you home. Your boyfriend must be worried." I told her as I passed her phone to her. She took it and tapped the lock button and a low charge symbol flashed up. "It's dead anyway." She grumbled. I smiled and started up my car. We pulled our belts across and I backed out of the parking space, noticing Haesun's car beside mine and rolled my eyes.

 

/ JB's POV \

Haesun came back in and sat opposite me and Jr. The awkward silence started and we looked at each other. Haesun folded her arms and watched the clock on our wall. Jr. sighed and stood up, he began to walk away but I pulled him back down beside me. "You're not leaving me alone" I whispered to him. He sighed again but nodded and Haesun flicked her eyes to us. "Who was the girl anyway?" She asked us.

"Uh. Mark works with her." I told her.

"I'm guessing she slept here last night?" She asked us again.

"It's nothing to do with you." Jr. commented quickly and I nudged his side.

 

"Alright Jinyoung. I was only asking!" Haesun said raising her voice slightly as she laughed sarcastically.

"Mark's business has nothing to do with you anymore." Jr. said again but raising his voice a little this time. He stood up and I went to pull him down again but he shook me off this time. He walked across to the front door and opened it. "I think it's time you left." Jr. said angrily to Haesun. She looked across at me and I stood up as well. "There's the door." I told her. She choked and stood up. She looked at us with disbelief and stormed out. Jr. shut the door behind her and we both sunk down to the floor.

 

"Beer?" I asked Jr. He nodded and grinned.

"Chicken?" Jr. asked me. I nodded and grinned.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

"Turn left next" I told Mark as he drove quietly.

"Are you sure?" He asked me as he indicated left. I nodded and he followed my directions. We ended up facing a large lake. He stopped the car and turned his head, frowning at me. I grinned and unclicked my seatbelt, jumping out. I ran around his car and opened his door. "Come on." I told him. He unclicked his belt and I pulled him out. We stood side by side facing the lake. "I come here. When I get stressed. I just stand here and shout out loud." I told him. He looked at me and laughed. He pointed to himself and I nodded. He smiled and breathed in deepily.

 

I glanced across at him and he looked at me awkwardly before putting his hands to his mouth. I grinned and decided to ease the awkward silence. "Yah! Jackson Wang! You're always busy! We hardly do anything anymore!" I screamed out loud. Mark raised his eyebrows and looked at me. We smiled to each other and laughed. "Yah." Mark said.

"Louder!" I shouted at him.

"Yah!" He screamed and looked at me for approval, at which I nodded. "Yah! Kim Haesun! Why did you have to cheat?! We were happy before! You ruined everything!" He screamed at the top of his voice.

 

I froze on the spot and looked at him silently. He looked round at me and frowned. "Sunhee?" He said to me as he made his way in front of me, waving his hands in front of my face. I never knew. I didn't think she cheated on him. Aish I feel awkward now... "Uh. Yes. Sorry." I stuttered as I flashed a smile to him. He smiled and we walked back to his car. He sighed with relief after his screaming as we sat back down in his car. "Does Jackson know about this place then?" Mark asked me. I grinned and shook my head.

"I come here alone." I told him.

"Can I borrow your secret place sometimes?" He asked me.

"Let's come here together." I told him. He smiled and agreed.

 

/ Mark's POV \

"This is it." Sunhee said as we stopped at a door down the corridor of her apartment building. I nodded and smiled to her. She went to tap in the passcode when the door swung open. We both stumbled back to allow the door to swing wide open and Jackson rushed out. "Where have you been? I've been calling you all day!" Jackson shouted. 

I raised my hand, "My fault. I'm sorry." I said to him. He glanced at me with a straight face and looked me up and down. 

"Oh. New guy. Wait. You've been with him?!" Jackson asked Sunhee quickly. Sunhee frowned and nodded. Jackson sighed and looked back at me. I smiled to him but received no smile back. 

 

"Let's go in." Jackson quickly told Sunhee. She nodded and turned to me, waving. 

"Bye Mark! Thank you!" She said happily as she skipped in and disappeared into her apartment. Jackson crossed his arms and looked at me silently. "What did you do together?" He asked me sternly.

"We just talked and ate breakf..." I stuttered but then quickly stopped.

"Breakfast?!" He shouted, raising his voice a little, looking shocked.

"Uh. Yeah. Everyone at the company ate breakfast together, everyone drank too much and we all passed out at the bar." I quickly rambled. He looked at me and pulled a face.

 

"Next time just bring Sunhee home straight away. Actually no. Call me from her phone. No no. Just call her a taxi." He quickly said. And before I could say OK, he had stormed back into their apartment and slammed the door. I rubbed the back of my neck and walked down the corridor in a daze. Was he jealous? Why? We didn't do anything..? Aish. I don't know.