1. Like Oh

Love Control

* Thoughts which Mark can hear due to his ability are in italics.

 

/ Flashback, Mark's POV \
"How long?!" I screamed at Haesun.
"That doesn't matter! Oppa! I'm sorry!" She cried at me.
"It does matter! Has he been here?" I questioned her. She bowed her head and dropped down onto the floor. I breathed in and out heavily. "Who is he?" I asked her. She didn't reply and just sat with her head bowed, crying and sniffling. 
"Fine. I'm leaving." I shouted as I went to get all my things. She shot up and grabbed my arm but I shook her off. "Just leave me alone to get my things." I told her sternly as I shut the bedroom door to block her out whilst I grabbed my clothes.

 

"Oppa! Please! Just listen to me!" Haesun begged me as I stuffed bags and suitcases with clothes and all of other things. She grabbed my arm again but I shook her off for the hundreth time. "Please! Leave me alone." I snapped at her. She stumbled back and I continued to pack my things. I got up and grabbed all my bags. "You don't have to leave like this!" She cried out after me.
"Worried you will be alone?" I snapped as I swung around to look at her. She dropped to her knees and sat with her head bowed. "Just get the other one to come live here." I told her as I swung the front door open and walked out the apartment.

 

/ Now, Mark's POV \
I opened my eyes and stared at the white blank ceiling. I blinked repeatedly and laid still. Suddenly the pain rushed to my head, I pulled my arm up and held my head as the pain was incredible but my arm ached. In fact everywhere ached. I heard a door slide open and a woman in a nurse's outfit walked in. "Oh! Mr Tuan! You are awake. I'll just do some checks." She told me. I nodded and she told me to stay still. Where am I? Is this a hospital?! "Mr Tuan, can you remember what happened to you?" She asked me.
"No" I mumbled. She smiled and nodded as she continued her checks. Once she had finished, she returned back to my side. "You were involved in a car accident Mr Tuan..." She began.

 

My mind went blank. A car accident?! The last thing I remember was getting into my car after leaving Haesun. "I'm in the hospital?" I asked her. She nodded and smiled. I nodded slowly and she told me to rest. I shut my eyes and heard her footsteps become lighten and the door slide open and closed. Ok, I'll sleep for a while, rest a bit and get my head around things. After sleeping for a while, I had another round of checks done by the nurse and I was able to sit up. I was covered in cuts and bruises but all together I was alright. I had no major injuries, just minor ones. I looked around in the empty room, I had none of my belongings, my phone wasn't with me either.

 

After collecting all my things from the police station, I made my way up the lift and down the hallway. I reached the door and rang the intercom. "Yah! Let me in!" I called out as the intercom made a tune. I heard JB the other side of the intercom, "aish~" he whispered quietly. I waited until the door clicked open. I looked up to find JB stood looking around the door in his unicorn onesie. "Oh come on! You didn't expect me to be in clothes did you?" JB said as he grinned. I laughed, pulling the door open and walked in. "Yah! Yah! You can't just come in like this!" JB grumbled as he ran behind me. 

 

"Wait. Wait. Why do you have cuts on your face? Why is your face bruised? Woah." JB began questioning. I walked in to find Jr. sprawled out on the sofa in his kangaroo onesie. "Oh seriously." I said as I sniggered. "Let me sleep round." I said as I stood infront of JB and Jr. who were both sat on the sofa, with their arms folded in their animal onesies, both frowning. "Tell us what happened to you first. Did you fight with Haesun?" They asked me.
I rolled my eyes, "You think I got these from fighting. Wow. Thanks guys." I said sarcastically. They raised their eyebrows and shrugged. "I got into a car accident. Lemme stay for a night." I begged them.

 

"Why didn't you ring one of us? Aye man! We are like brothers. Are you okay?" Jr. asked me, looking worried. I nodded and pulled out my smashed phone which had completely broken. They opened their eyes wide and pulled faces at my smashed phone. "How long do you want to stay?" Jr. asked me. I stuttered and JB pointed to all my bags and cases. 
"This looks like it could be a long time." He said as he frowned.
"Well I know that sofa is free." I said as I pointed to the sofa they were sat on. They sat still with their arms folded. "What happened to Haesun?" JB asked me. I sighed and rolled my eyes. They pulled worried faces. They probably thought she was in my car with me. 

 

"She cheated. So just let me stay here until I get somewhere else sorted." I told them. I didn't go into much detail, I would probably do that later when we drink some as I am a talkative drunk. They looked and each other and mouthed words to each other. "Ok Ok, you can stay. We have a spare room." Jr. said as they both grinned. I smiled and put all my bags down. I thanked them and they grinned. We used to live together, it was the three of us, but then I moved out and lived with Haesun and it was just the two of them left.

 

It got towards night time and JB and Jr. had disappeared, I was sat on the floor in the spare room unpacking some of my things and putting things in drawers. I came across a photo which must have fallen in, I glanced at it then screwed it up before throwing it in a ball across the room. What did I do to deserve this? Me and Haesun were so happy. We had known each other for 10 years and we had been dating for 5 years. Why did this have to happen? Suddenly, I heard the front door make a tune and the door clicked open. I walked out into the living room where JB and Jr. came in.

 

"We're back!" Jr. shouted as they entered. Then the smell hit my nose. I sniffered the air and Jr. laughed. "We've got chicken and beer!" JB said as he set the bag down on the table. I slid down onto the floor and sat infront of the table. They both sat down, "This should make you feel better!" JB said as he opened the bottles of beer and the chicken boxes. "You're not on any medication right?" Jr. asked me.
I shook my head, "Nah. I'll be fine." I told them as I cracked open a bottle of beer.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \
I sat eating dinner as I heard the front door ring and it clicked open. I looked behind me and Jackson quietly walked in with his head down, "I'm sorry I missed dinner. Work ran late..." He said awkwardly. I just nodded and carried on eating. I had made dinner for me and Jackson, but by the time he got home it had already gone cold. I knew it wasn't his fault but you would still be a little annoyed. He sulked and sat down opposite me. "Sorry! Sorry! Sorry Sunhee!" He sang as he did aegyo infront of me. I smiled and nodded. I can't resist Jackson pulling puppy faces infront of me, so I gave in...

 

My life was perfect, I worked in a small newspaper company and had the greatest boyfriend I could wish for, his name was Jackson and we had been dating for 5 years. We rarely had any problems, apart from when he missed dinner... But I guess that is nothing to worry about. Other couples have much worse problems than us so I can't complain about anything.

 

/ Mark's POV \
We all sat on the floor and the levels of beer and chicken were decreasing rapidly. I laid against the sofa, and JB and Jr. were sat opposite me leaning against each other to keep each other up. 'Ugh I need sleep' I heard JB say. I frowned and shook my head. I heard him but I didn't see his mouth move. "How did you do that?! You just spoke! You didn't move your mouth!" I shouted at JB as I pointed to him. Jr. grumbled and hit my hand out of the way. "Don't point, it's rude. Rude!" He grumbled. 
"Go to bed. You are drunk." JB moaned.
"No you! You are drunk too!" I shouted back to him.

 


 

/ Mark's POV \

I strolled down the street happily, it had been a couple of weeks since I had left Haesun and moved in with JB and Jr. I had left my old job as I worked with Haesun and just passed an interview to start my new job. My life was finally getting back on track. I hadn't seen Haesun since we had split and I never wanted to see her again. I was still angry about the situation but I knew if I saw her again she would guilt trip me and try to get me back to her. But that wasn't happening. I reached a coffee shop and decided to go in and get a coffee before returning to the apartment.

 

It was quiet in the coffee shop, I ordered my coffee and sat down beside a couple, the girl was happily grinning at the guy, whereas the guy seemed less interested. Suddenly my head was filled with loud talking. I clutched my head and shut my eyes tightly. All I could hear was people talking, but when I looked around, everyone was talking quietly. I shook my head had blinked repeatedly then glanced across at the guy beside me and focused in on him. 'Aish, how can I get out of this. Should I drink my coffee and leave? Say that I'm busy. That might work.' I heard him say. But he wasn't moving his mouth... I frowned. Wait. He was thinking of ways to leave? 

 

I quickly escaped to the toilets and stood by the sink. I gripped the sides of the sink and looked in the mirror. Aish. Why can I hear people's thoughts? This isn't right. This isn't real? Am I dreaming..? Was it the... car accident. I shook my head and bowed my head to splash cold water in my face. I dried it with a paper towel and washed my hands before making my way back to my table. Let's try again. I focused on some other people sat down and also the staff working at the tills serving people. Every one of them. Their thoughts flooded at me, like they were sat in front of me and speaking their thoughts to me.

 

I can hear thoughts. Was it the car accident? Did something happen to me... something which gave me this ability..?