15. Playground

Love Control

* Thoughts which Mark can hear are italics.

 

/ Youngjae's POV \
I stood by Mark's car outside Jackson's company. I sighed and glanced down at my watch. What is going on in there? What is taking them so long? I looked up to find Sunhee walking out quickly with her head down. "Sunhee!" I shouted over to her. She looked up and I smiled to her. But she wasnt smiling. Something was wrong. I knew it. I knew something was wrong. She reached me with her head bowed. I tilted my head to the side to look up at her but she turned her head away from me. "Is this Mark's car?" She asked me. I nodded and heard her sigh deepily.

 

"Youngjae. Can we go?" She asked me.
"Go where..?" I stuttered confused.
"Anywhere." She said quietly. I nodded and crouched down.
"I dont have a car. But I have my back. Come on. Like old times." I told her as I tapped my back. She got on carefully and I held her tightly as I stood up straight. She wrapped her arms around my neck and leant her chin on my shoulder. "Like old times." She whispered as I nodded and began walking. 

 

"Where's Mark..?" I asked her confused. But she didnt answer, and just stayed silent. Suddenly I felt something drip down the front of my jumper. I looked to the side. "Wait. Is it starting to rain...?" I chuckled as I looked up. But I realised it wasn't when I heard Sunhee sniffling. She was crying. And it wasn't rain on my shoulders. It was her tears. "Yah! Are you crying?!" I blurted out as I tried to look around at her.
"No. I'm not." She choked. I stopped quickly. 
"Tell me the truth. Or this ride is over." I told her. 

 

"I'm fine. I'm fine." She demanded.
I sighed, "Ok. Fine. But I'm taking you to a special place. So you have to tell me then." I said, giving in to her. I began walking again and she had her head tucked into my neck. She was silent the whole way. Ah, Kim Sunhee. What am I going to do with you? I finally reached the special place. Our old playground where we used to play when we were little. "Our special place." I heard Sunhee whisper as she picked her head up. I smiled happily and crouched down as she jumped off my back. "Shall we play?" I asked her. She nodded as I wiped her tears away with the edge of my jumper. 

 

/ Flashback: Sunhee's POV \
"Youngjae-ah!" I screamed as I stood at the highest point of the climbing frame. "Where are you?!~" I screamed again as I looked around. I heard a small chuckle which came from beneath. I quickly ran in my boots towards the slide and slid down quickly. "Youngjae! I'm coming!" I shouted as I laughed. I heard a small chuckle again, and began climbing through the climbing frame. I found him curled up in a corner, hiding from me. "I got you! I got you!" I said happily as he grumbled. He crawled out from underneath and we stood together. "Ah~ You win!" Youngjae admitted.
"Yay!" I cheered happily as I jumped around.

 

We ended up sitting on the top of the climbing frame with our legs swinging off the edge. "Sunhee-ah! It's your birthday tomorrow! You're 8!" Youngjae said excitedly as he clapped his hands.
I clapped my hands and nodded to him as I smiled. "What do you want for your birthday? A puppy? A... hm." He asked me but stopped to think. I shook my head.
"I don't want anything. As long as you are here. I don't want anything!" I shouted out as we both started laughing.
"That's silly. You don't want anything?" He asked me confused.
"Nope!" I told him as I hugged him tightly. He chuckled and hugged me back happily.

 

/ Now: Sunhee's POV \
We ended up sitting on the top of our old climbing frame, our legs were swinging off the edge where there was a pole to slide down on. I had my head bowed and sat in silence. "Sunhee, can you tell me what's wrong?" Youngjae asked me as he tilted his head down and looked up at me. "Don't look away~" He chirped which made me smile slightly. "Ah. Ok. Let me go and get something. Kim Sunhee. Do not move! Do not cry! I will be back!" He ordered me as he stood up and jumped onto the pole to slide down. He touched the floor with his feet, and quickly ran off, whilst waving to me.

 

I sat quietly on my own for a while. I never thought this could happen. My boyfriend had lied to me in order for me to be happier. But in fact it had made me worse. A guy who I've become close to has ended up lying to me because of it. "Ah~ Who do I trust anymore." I whispered to myself as I sniffled.
"Me!" Youngjae shouted as back down next to me. He put a bag beside him and grinned. Aish, I hadn't even realised he had come back I was in such a daze. I looked across and he took two ice creams out. "Mint mint mint chocolate~" He sang as he passed me my favourite ice cream. "And strawberry~ for me!" He sang again as he held his ice cream. I smiled happily and unravelled the ice cream. "Thank you Youngjae." I told him.

 

"Now tell me." He said quickly. I glanced at him and he smiled cheekily. "Please~ Sunhee. I don't want to you to be upset." He complained. I sighed and nodded. 
"Jackson..." I stuttered.
"Jackson lied about cheating on you?" He said before I could even tell him. I looked at him and opened my eyes wide. He laughed slightly and winked. "Ah. Sunhee. You know me. I'm quick to work things out." He teased as he laid back and looked up at the sky. "But what's happened with Mark..? I haven't worked that bit out yet..." He said confused. I sighed and laid back beside him. 
"He knew that Jackson didn't actually cheat. But he didn't tell me." I told him as I sighed again. He turned his head to look at me and pulled a face. "Oh." He stuttered awkwardly.

 

"Do you know why though? Mark must have a good reason. He seems like a good guy. I'm sure he has a valuable reason for not telling you." Youngjae advised to me as he smiled. I turned my head to face him and nodded. "Go and see him." Youngjae told me.
"Ok ok ok. I will talk to him." I gave in. Youngjae nodded proudly and I began to sat up as he pulled me back down. I frowned to him as I stared back at the sky. "See that cloud over there?" Youngjae asked me as he pointed upwards. I nodded. "It looks like a dinosaur..." He chuckled. I burst out laughing and he began laughing with me. Oh Youngjae, you do make me smile sometimes.

 


 

/ Mark's POV \
I sat in one of the tea cup carts and stared at the sky. I sighed deepily and closed my eyes. Sunhee hates me. She definitely hates me right now. I lied to her and I shouldn't have. Because now I can't stop thinking about her, but I can't be close to her anymore. 'Aish, why am I at this creepy place again.' I heard as I quickly opened my eyes and stared at the sky. 'Aigoo. Where is he?' I heard again. I bolted upright and looked around. And then I saw her. Sunhee. I stood up and jumped off the ride. "Sunhee!" I cried out surprised. She glanced up and smiled awkwardly as she walked towards me. 

 

"I thought you would be here." She said quietly as she met up with me. I looked down at her and sighed.
"Sunhee. The least thing I wanted to do was hurt you." I admitted as she looked up at me. She nodded and we sat down in one of the tea cups. "Why didn't you tell me?" She asked me.
I bowed my head. "I... I didn't want it to come from me. It was Jackson's right to tell you..." I stuttered awkwardly. I didn't have a real reason for not telling Sunhee. I didn't because I promised Jackson I wouldn't. 

 

I heard her sigh and I looked up at her. She looked at me and quickly put her hand in front of her eyes. I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "Mark. Don't you dare read my thoughts. This is a no go area!" She complained as she tapped her head. I reached out and took her hand away from her eyes. "Pabo. I don't have to look in your eyes to read your thoughts." I mumbled under my breath. She frowned and shook her head repeatedly. "Look Sunhee. I honestly didn't want to lie to you." I told her confidentally. She nodded and smiled slightly to me. 

 

"I'm sorry for running off. I didn't know what to do." She said to me as she bowed her head. I sighed and nodded. "I think I need to go and talk to Jackson..." She stuttered as she stood up. I stood up after her, "I can take you if you want? I have my car." I told her.
"Thank you." She said as he followed me off the ride and towards my car. "But I won't stay. I'll take all your boxes in my car to Youngjae's apartment." I told her.

 


 

/ Sunhee's POV \
I reached my old apartment and rang the intercom. "I'm coming!" I heard Jackson shout from inside. I stepped back to allow the door to open. "Oh. Sunhee." He said surprised as he let me in. I shut the door behind me and took my shoes off. 
"I need to talk with you." I told him. He nodded quietly and we sat down together. I sighed and we looked at each other in silence for a while. "Are you mad or upset?" Jackson asked awkwardly.
"A little bit of both." I mumbled with my head down.
"I'm sorry Sunhee." He apologised.

 

"Did you do this on purpose? Was it your plan to make me think that you were cheating on me with Haesun?" I asked him.
"No. I didn't want it to end like this. I was asking Haesun for advice when you saw us in the park. I knew you weren't happy. My work had taken priority when it should have been you. But when you accused me of cheating. I took the easy way out when I shouldn't have. But I didn't realise how much pain it would have caused you." He explained. We both sighed and looked at each other. I stood up, and he stood up after me and frowned. I opened my arms and hugged him.

 

He sighed deepily and I pulled away as I looked at him. "Can we say friends?" He asked me as he looked sad. I sighed and nodded slowly. "Thank you for not cheating on me." I said to lighten the mood slightly. He chuckled quietly and smiled.
"I'm really sorry Sunhee. I hope you find love again soon." He told me. I smirked at him and pulled a face.
"Hm. I don't think so." I said as we both laughed slightly.
"Have you spoken to Mark?" Jackson asked me. I nodded and he smirked. "Aish~ I can't believe I'm saying this. But I can tell Mark wants to protect you Sunhee. If I can't. Mark can." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

 

We sat and spoke for a while, and it was finally time to leave. "If you think you've left anything. Just call me or come round and you can have it." Jackson told me as I finished putting my shoes on. I nodded and pulled the door open. "I'm glad we've finally ended on good terms." Jackson told me as I headed out the door.
"Me too. I hope you have a good life Jackson." I told him.
"You too Sunhee. You too." He said as I walked out of the apartment for the final time.

 


 

A/N: So many feels in this chapter with all of the boys!! I thought I would early release this chapter since I've had such a suprising sudden increase in subscribers! Thank you to everyone who has subscribed to Love Control within the last couple of days, I appreciate it so much! And to those who were already subscribed, thank you too! It's you guys who keep my story flowing! Please remember to comment or even ask questions, I'll read them all and answer any if there is. So guys! What do you think will happen next? :) Thank you for reading my beauties!