20. Stay

Love Control

 

/ Mark's POV \

I strolled into work happily and reached my desk. Everything was quiet. Everything was nice. Everything was normal. "Photographer Tuan, Chief wants to see you in her office." Another member of staff told me just as I was about to sit down. I nodded and grumbled quietly as I stood back up straight. I glanced up to the Chief's office and noticed Haesun was sat in there. Everything was normal. But it isn't now. I sighed and made my way towards her office. I knocked on the door and I heard her shout to tell me to come in. I pushed open the door and was met with Haesun's eye contact. Aish, this is going to be a long day.

 

"Oh! Photographer Tuan! Good morning!" Haesun said in a sweet voice. I looked to the side and rolled my eyes as I bowed to greet her and the Chief. Here she is again, putting on a nice act. "Oh! Do you already know each other?" Chief asked us both. I shook my head but Haesun nodded. "We met each other yesterday coming up to the office." I quickly butted in before Haesun had a chance to speak. Chief nodded and pointed to an empty chair for me to sit down in. "Well. Haesun-shi and I had a meeting yesterday. We have agreed on a photoshoot for the magazine which will be published next month, but Haesun-shi wanted to personally meet the photographer before her shoot." Chief explained to me. I nodded to her then glared at Haesun who was smiling happily.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I paced the floor of our apartment clutching my phone in my hands. It was the monday morning after we met Haesun going into Mark's work on the Friday. I know I shouldn't be like this. But I couldn't help it. Mark left this morning; told me not to worry, he wouldn't make life easy for Haesun, there was nothing to be concerned about. But something didn't feel right... Did Haesun know Mark worked there before? Was there some kind of aim? There was one person who might know. I grabbed my jacket and my bag as I headed out of our apartment. "Are you at home?" I asked him as I reached the bus stop. I heard him sigh over the other end.

"Yes I am. Sunhee. Why are you calling me?" He asked me. But I quickly put the phone down as I got onto the bus.

 

"Why are you here now?" Jackson grumbled as I followed him inside. I sighed and we stopped as we reached the main area of his apartment. "Tell me about Haesun. Please." I asked Jackson. He frowned and we both sat down after he had made us some tea.

"She's becoming a model at the same company which Mark works at. I just don't understand Jackson" I told him as I bowed my head. I heard him sigh. "She's still not over this whole Mark situation, Sunhee. She never has been. She still thinks there is a chance for them to get back together." Jackson explained to me.

I frowned, "But then.. why did she cheat on him?" I asked him.

"Your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea either." He said confused. I nodded and we both sighed.

 

"Haesun hasn't done anything to you has she..?" Jackson asked me.awkwardly. I shook my head and frowned.

"What do you mean? She won't hurt me will she..." I stuttered.

"Oh no no no! Does she know you both live together?" He asked me.

"How do you know that?" I questionned him. He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled awkwardly.

"I drive past your apartment building and see you both together every morning so I kind of guessed. Unless you have sleepovers every single night." He said as he laughed slightly. I smiled and nodded to him. 

"Sunhee. Just don't worry about Haesun. One, I know how much Mark hates her for what she has done and two, I've seen how Mark looks at you and how much he loves you." Jackson told me as he sighed. Then he started laughing to himself.

"Aish. What did I just say. Defending the guy who took my girlfriend. Ah. I'm going crazy." He mumbled to himself.

 

After leaving Jackson's apartment, I went back home and prepared some lunch. I put it into boxes and stacked them up, tieing a ribbon around them. I then put them into a bag and headed back out to drop them off at Mark's work. After my talk with Jackson, he had given me hope. I did trust Mark but I needed to know for myself what Haesun was thinking or if she was aiming to do anything. I reached Mark's company building and walked in. I greeted the security guard and he opened the gate for me. I sometimes came and greeted Mark so he knew who I was. "Thank you" I told him as I bowed to him and walked through the gate. He smiled happily and I walked towards the lifts.

 

I reached the floor of Mark's office and waited around in the corridor outside. "Oh! You're Mark's partner, right?" A member of staff asked me as they walked out of the office. I nodded and smiled as I greeted them. "Mark is in the photoshoot room. If you go down the hall, turn left and it's the last door. There isn't no photoshoot on so you can just go straight in." She told me. I thanked her and made my way towards Mark, following the instructions she had told me. I reached some large metal doors at the end of the corridor which were open. I crept in quietly and looked around. It was my first place in a room like this. Usually I meet Mark in the corridor and leave but this time was different.

 

"So the photos will be taken from here, here and here" I heard Mark explaining as I crept in. Mark was showing where he was going to take the photos for the next photoshoot of...

 

Haesun.

 

As I walked up, Haesun looked at me and glared. Mark looked up at her and stopped talking as he followed her eyeline. "Oh! Sunhee!" He cried out happily. I waved to him and looked back at Haesun. "Carry on what you are doing. I'll just wait here quietly." I called out to him. He nodded and turned back to Haesun.

"Chief said you can get some lunch with her and the rest of the staff. Let's stop here and start again afterwards." Mark told Haesun. She folded her arms and grumbled.

"You can't just stop everything because she's turned up" Haesun shouted at him. He sighed and looked at his watch.

"Well it happens to be lunch time anyway. So. Let's carry on afterwards." Mark told Haesun sternly. She whined and stormed out, giving me a dirty look as she passed me.

 

"You didn't have to do that" I shouted out to Mark. He smirked and held his arms open. 

"Come here!" He called out to me. I grinned and ran up to him and I flung my arms around him. He hugged my tightly and the back of my hair. "What's up?" He asked me as he let me go and I stepped back slightly. I held up the bag I was holding and swung it carefully side by side. He raised an eyebrow and a smile grew on his face. "I brought a blanket so we could sit outside but it's started raining." I said as I sulked. He grinned and ruffled my hair as he took the blanket out of my bag and laid it down on the floor.

"We can't eat in here!" I panicked. Mark laughed and sat down as he tugged on my hand.

"It'll be fine. No one knows and there isn't any photoshoots on today, and we won't make any mess." Mark reassured me.

 

/ Mark's POV \

We were busy eating when I noticed Sunhee looking around. As she scanned the room, she caught eye contact with me. She went bright red as I had caught her and grinned. "I've always wondered what this place looks like." She said as she continued looking around. I smiled and she continued eating. I looked down, she had made a lot of food. It could feed more than both of us. But I knew Sunhee had always been a big eater. I was full and watched Sunhee as she continued eating. I smiled to myself and still held my chopsticks so it looked like I was eating, but she hadn't realised I had stopped. I watched her happily as I tried not to laugh.

 

"Ah! I'm full!" Sunhee sighed happily as she put her chopsticks down. I nodded and smiled as I put my down afterwards. "Are you full too? Was the food alright?" She questionned me. I nodded and held my thumbs up to her.

"It was really nice! I'm full too!" I said happily.

"W... when... when did you stop eating?" She stuttered. I looked down at my watch. 

"Hm. About 10 minutes ago." I said as I smirked. She looked at me in a daze and hid her face from embarrassment. "Next time, I'll finish eating when you do." I told her. She kept her head down as she was embarrassed. 

 

We both packed away the empty boxes and folded up the blanket together. "Ok. I have to get back to work." I told Sunhee.

"Yep. Go and find Haesun." She said as she sighed. I smirked and wrapped my arms around her waist. I pulled her closer to me and kissed her forehead. "I'll be home later. I cannot wait for this day to be over." I told her. She nodded and smiled to me. I kissed her once more before she began to walk away. She waved to each other before she disappeared out the door. I looked around and sighed. Time to go find Haesun again. Aigoo~

 

After spending another two hours with Haesun, I collapsed into my work chair and let out a sigh of relief. She had finally left and I was free. I swear she was asking me questions on purpose so she could stay longer. I flung my head back and faced the ceiling as I sighed again. "Photogr..." Someone began. I bolted upright.

"Yes. I'm coming." I mumbled. Aish, what is it now. I made my way to the Chief's office again. Knocked on the door, she shouted me in and this time I sat opposite her behind her desk. "Photographer Tuan, I have been contacted by our sister company in America. They have asked if we could sent a couple of writers and a photographer over there for a special project combining the two magazines. This is an extraordinary opportunity and I would appreciate it if you went as the photographer." Chief explained to me.

 


 

/ Mark's POV \

I tapped in the passcode to our apartment and pulled the front door open. I was greeted by Sunhee's sweet voice, "Mark? Is that you? Aigoo~ You're home so late!" She shouted out to me from inside the apartment. I quietly took off my shoes and slipped my feet into my slippers as I hung my jacket up. I shuffled my feet down the corridor and Sunhee came to greet me. "Mark? What's wrong? Is something wrong? Why are you so late? What's happened? You always run in and pick me up..." Sunhee questionned. I looked up at her and her face looked worried. I her cheek and took her hand, leading her to sit down. I could feel her hand shaking as we sat down. 

 

I took both of her hands in mine. "Mark. What's wrong?" She asked me again.

"I've been asked to go to America for work." I told her.

She sighed and nodded, "How long?" She asked me.

"A year. I've been asked to go for a year." I said as I bowed my head.