Episode 3: Performance Day

We Got Married!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Caption: What is our new couple up to?

 

Chanyeol leads Yifan into the small restaurant that seems to be relatively busy. Luckily the hostess seats them at a secluded area away from prying eyes and ears.

“I heard this place has pretty good noodle dishes. They make them in the shop next door!” Chanyeol comments and begins to take his jacket and scarf off, along with his backpack.

“That sounds really good! I used to be a picky eater when I was younger, now I enjoy any food offered to me.”

“I’m good with most foods, can’t really do spicy though.” Chanyeol smiles at Yifan.

“Oh? Well, I love spicy food so I’m gonna help you get used to eating it then.” Yifan smirks back.

 

Chanyeol: I really can’t do spicy food. But did you see his face when I said that? I’m not sure what he is planning but I think he is planning something. (He creases his forehead)

 

Yifan: Everything shows on his face. It’s really fun to just watch him.

 

Kyung Hwan: Yifan-shi is really interesting.

Eric Nam: What does that mean?

 

            The two order their food and it is not too long before the waiter comes out with dishes steaming and sizzling. The table is filled with noodle dishes ranging from cold to hot, fried to boiled.  

 

Caption: Looks so gooood~

 

They decide to share so that they can taste everything and the meal continues on with mouths busy chewing rather than talking. It is ten minutes after the food is served when Yifan starts talking again.

“Have you dated before?”

The question takes Chanyeol by surprise as he begins to choke on the noodles he was slurping until he takes a big drink of his water.

“Sorry, I don’t really know why that even surprised me so much. But, not really. I did go on this date my mom set me up with a girl that went to the same church. We went out three times and that was it.” He looks a bit shy about his past.

 

Chanyeol: I knew the topic would come up at some point but I guess I wasn’t expecting it then. (He rubs the back of his neck) I feel like hyung is a very straightforward guy and is actually holding himself back.

 

Mi Sun: He really does seem like it.

 

“How about you hyung?”

“Hm, well I dated a costar of mine like five years ago. We went out for three months?” Yifan looks to be very unsure about the dates. “Now she is married and we are good friends, I went to her wedding and was forced to serenade the couple!”

At the mention of singing, Chanyeol looks up to Yifan with wide eyes.

“You sing?” The question comes out very innocently.

“Yeah, I sing when I have to and I do enjoy it but I’m not that great.”

 

Choa: I want to hear him sing!

Eric Nam: He sang in one of his movies didn’t he?

Choa: Did he? Which one?

 

“Wow, hyung, you are too talented...” He continues eating but smiles as he says, “sing for me sometime?”

“Of course.”

 

Caption: Small promises made... great way to end the day!

 

The scene changes to a mass of people lined up outside of a concert hall. The sun is blaring down on the crowd but no one seems to care for it because they all had been waiting for one thing. On the giant pillars of the building in front of the mass a banner is hung with EXO’s logo proudly presented. As the camera moves along the lines of people, the crowd cheers with excitement.

On the side of the concert hall, a black car pulls up. The driver steps out and opens the back door. Yifan emerges wearing black slacks, crisp white dress shirt with sleeves rolled up, and black oxfords.

“Hello.” Yifan greets the camera crew with a polite smile and reaches over to grab some paper bags his driver begins to take out from the car.

 

Yifan: I wanted to make a good impression so I brought some snacks along to give out to the members and the crew. I wasn’t sure how much I had to bring... Chanyeol kept saying that I didn’t have to bring anything. (A smile appears at the mention of his husband)

 

The two men make their way towards the building. As they get closer, more and more people notice Yifan’s presence and it’s not long before Yifan is surrounded by shouting girls. The driver steps in front of Yifan and pushes through the crowd as Yifan nods and smiles at the fans. Three security guards rush towards the commotion and they too surround Yifan and, luckily, make it into the building without much incident.

 

Yifan: To be honest, I wasn’t expecting that. When I walk around the street I do get people coming up to me but they don’t tend to do what happened outside the concert hall. (He looks thoughtful) It’s probably because of Chanyeol...

 

Mi Sun: Eh... I doubt that. He is really famous and popular too.

Choa: I saw his pictures at the airport and it looked just like that!

 

The girls inside the building also spot Yifan walking in with guards around him but they are already standing in line and just try their best to support him from their place. Yifan continues to wave and bow at them until he looks down at his phone. A smile blossoms on his lips.

 

Eric Nam: Chanyeol is calling...

 

“Hello?”

“Hyung? You here? I heard you are here!”

Yifan chuckles and thanks the guards that lead him and his driver to backstage area.

“I’m here, I just made it to the waiting area. Should I stay here or go to you?”

“Uhm... Let me go there, it’s really hectic here and I don’t want to get in anyone’s way.”

“Of course, I’ll be waiting.” He hangs up and sets the bags on the table.

 

Yifan: I’ve actually never been to a concert before.

 

Kyung Hwan: Oh, Really?

 

Yifan: I was looking forward to the concert since I got the tickets and it was even more meaningful because Chanyeol was performing in it.

 

            The door opens and a smiley Chanyeol emerges. Yifan looks up from the c

Please log in to read the full chapter