Episode 9: Oh, Brother(s)

We Got Married!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Caption: What’s on today’s plan?

 

            Yifan is inside his car looking out of the window as he taps his fingers on his knee.

 

Yifan: Today I’m meeting Chanyeol during a photo shoot, which means s will be there.

 

Mi Sun: Omo! EXO is coming on today?

Choa: I’m so excited.

Kyung Hwan: You’re always excited with this couple.

Choa: True, true.

 

Yifan: It will be my first time meeting them and I’m worried. (He laughs) Lately I’ve been listening to EXO’s songs and trying to learn about the members so that I won’t embarrass myself.

 

“Did the catering company get there?” Yifan asks his driver who is turning into a small neighborhood.

“Yes, sir. They are waiting for us now. We should get there in five minutes.”

“Good.” Yifan looks back out the window and his fingers are still very active.

 

Eric Nam: He must be as nervous as he was meeting the parents.

 

            The black car pulls up next to a white van with pictures of food all over its sides. Once Yifan steps out of his car the men from the van also follow. Yifan quickly greets them and tells them about his plan.

"Let me go in first and I'll have someone come out to show you where to bring in the food." Yifan smiles at the men before he makes his way inside the building where his husband is hard at work.

 

Caption: What is Chanyeol doing?

 

Inside, Chanyeol is standing next to Sehun, the two men are posing for the camera. Chanyeol has his left elbow placed on Sehun's right shoulder while Sehun has his right arm around his hyung's waist. They both smile and turn their heads with each click from the camera.

Suho and D.O. are getting their makeup done and Baekhyun is standing next to them talking about the things in the magazine he is currently reading. Kai is standing near the dressing area getting his clothes fixed by the stylists.

 

Mi Sun: They are really handsome. It’s nice to see this side of Chanyeol.

Kyung Hwan: Chanyeol usually is pretty cool when working.

Choa: He is just charming.

 

Caption: Where is Yifan?

 

The camera follows Yifan as he steps around the room without being spotted by those close to the set. He is quick to maneuver around the clothing racks and other items around the set that he manages to reach EXO’s manager without much difficulty. EXO’s manager sees him and goes over to join the hiding man.

 

Kyung Hwan: Look at him sneaking around.

 

“Yifan-shi, you made it.” The man bows as he quietly whispers.

 

Caption: Was this planned?

 

Yifan: Chanyeol knew I was coming but I didn’t tell him when. I was able to get in touch with his manager and he agreed to help me with surprising Chanyeol and EXO. (He smirks) Actually, Chanyeol told me that it was his surprise to s. They didn’t know I was coming.

 

Kyung Hwan: I would be really surprised to meet him too.

Mi Sun: Do you think they might surprise us here?

The studio laughs as they look around their surrounding.

 

“Yes, thank you for helping me out. Can you help me bring in the catering company, they are waiting outside.” Yifan replies with equal care.

“Of course, stay here, the staff and the boys won’t be coming around here. They are just finishing up and the only thing left is a group shoot and they should be free.” He bows again and begins to walk away, “I’ll get going. I’ll be right back.”

“Thank you.” Yifan waves at the retreating figure and turns around to look back at his husband.

 

Eric Nam: How are they not noticing him standing there? Even if there are a lot of things there, he is kind of hard to miss. The camera crew too!

 

Caption: We hid well too~

 

Chanyeol is still hard at work with Sehun next to him. They have changed from standing to sitting down on a sofa. They both are facing one another and making stupid faces. Yifan laughs but makes sure to not attract any attention to himself.

It’s not long before the manager comes back when EXO is assembling for their final photos.

“Yifan-shi, they catering company is preparing their carts and ready to come in any minute.” He sees the group posing, “perfect timing, I see, they will be done soon.”

 

Caption: Planning for a surprise is a hard work!

 

Yifan smiles and nods politely. He continues to look through the group and takes a moment to really look at each individual.

 

Yifan: I tried to learn about the members and had to make sure I knew them well enough before I approached them. They looked different from their photos. Just like with Chanyeol, they all look better in real life. (He laughs)

 

After looking through he turns back to the manager and whispers something into his ear. The manager nods and politely points his hands towards the set.

 

Choa: Omo, what is he doing now?

 

Yifan makes his way towards the bustling area and the staff finally take notice of a tall handsome man walking through them. They begin to bow and make way for him but he keeps his greetings short and sweet and continues to walk towards EXO.

 

Eric Nam: Now they notice him!

 

When he makes his way to where the guys on set can see him, Kai is the first one to spot him. Kai, Sehun, and Baekhyun are the one’s who are facing Yifan’s direction while the rest, including Chanyeol, are facing the opposite direction.

 

Mi Sun: Ah, he is seen!

Kyung Hwan: Well, there goes the surprise.

 

Yifan: I was surprised that they saw me. I guess it was expected but I still wasn’t prepared for it. But I’m thankful that they didn’t blow my cover. I like them already.

 

Kai smiles brightly and is looking directly at Yifan. Before he can do anything, Baekhyun and Sehun also see him standing and their smiles are also directed towards Yifan. He quickly bows and brings his finger up to his lips.

Baekhyun puts his arms around the two members and the three look back to the camera so that the other three in front of them don’t get suspicious.

 

Caption: What nice members!

 

Choa: Cute too!

 

Yifan looks back to the three looking away from him and is easy to spot his husband, standing out like sore thumb between D.O. and Suho. Suho has his arms around his two members and the three look to be having fun.

 

Yifan: I still wanted to surprise Chanyeol but I wasn’t sure what to do. Was I allowed to go onto the set while they were shooting? That’s what was going through my head. (He tilts his head to look like he is contemplating something)

 

Sehun sees a thoughtful look on Yifan’s face and when their eyes meet he quickly moves behind his hyung standing next to him, which ends up being Baekhyun, and circles his arms around his waist. At first Baekhyun seems to be surprised but it doesn’t take him long before he realizes what his maknae is doing and he also puts his arms around Kai.

 

Mi Sun: Oh! Are they helping him?

 

Yifan: I saw them looking very intently at me so I assumed that was directed towards me. (He laughs) My brothers-in-law are very cool.

 

Yifan takes the hint and slowly makes his way onto the set. He makes sure to turn around towards the crew around him to keep them quiet as he steps closer to his oblivious husband.

 

Choa: Omo!

 

With each click of the camera he steps closer, and closer, and begins to bring his arms up until finally they are around Chanyeol’s body.

 

Caption: Back hug in front of everyone?

 

Please log in to read the full chapter