Episode 8: Happy Family

We Got Married!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol walks into his kitchen to get a glass of water. He has a phone in his hands and is busy searching through it while he sips on his water.

 

Chanyeol: Our trip to Guam was amazing. The photo shoot ended really well. (He beams at the camera) Both of our schedules have calmed down for now so it’s time to just relax and spend more time together.

 

Mi Sun: They are just adorable. I was looking forward to this week’s episode.

 

After he finishes his drink he puts the cup away and walks towards the bedroom. In the bedroom, Yifan is still sleeping under the white sheets.

 

Choa: Omo, is it going to be one of those romantic mornings?

 

Chanyeol quietly walks over to the bed and instead of waking his husband he slips under the covers as well.

 

Eric Nam: (Laugh) I would probably do the same.

 

Chanyeol lies on his stomach with his chin propped up on the pillow. He still has his phone in front of him leaning on the headboard. The two of them stay that way for a while until Yifan begins to move. He turns his head towards the body next to his and a smile appears on his sleepy face. Chanyeol also turns his head to look at his hyung.

“Morning,” Yifan’s voice sounds deeper than normal, “whatcha doing?” He turns more so that now he is fully facing Chanyeol.

“Checking my email and reading news. How’d you sleep?” Chanyeol replies with a smile and brings his hand to run it through Yifan’s hair.

 

Kyung Hwan: After their trip they really seem like a real couple.

Mi Sun: They always seemed like a real couple.

 

“Good, when did you wake up?” Yifan’s eyes close as he simply feels Chanyeol’s hand running through his hair.

“Ten minutes ago?” He checks the time. “It’s still eight so you can sleep if you’re tired.”

“Are you going to sleep?” Yifan opens one eye. Chanyeol shakes his head and turns his head back to his phone. Yifan is now looking at Chanyeol’s profile that is not paying him any attention.

 

Caption: Yifan wants attention?

 

Yifan circles his arm around the younger man’s waist and pulls him closer while also turning him so that his surprised face is looking back at him. He doesn’t give any attention to his husband’s face and continues to maneuver his body until he is satisfied.

“Good?” Chanyeol asks playfully after being manhandled by his husband. Yifan has him fully enveloped in his arms and Chanyeol’s face is the only thing visible between the sheets and Yifan’s arms.

“Very.”

 

Mi Sun: Aigoo, these two.

 

Yifan: When you see something cute don’t you just want to cuddle it? No? Is it just me?

 

Kyung Hwan: Yes, Yifan-shi, but I think you are the only one sees Chanyeol’s cuteness.

Choa: That’s not true! I think oppa is cute too.

 

“Hyung, I can’t breath, let me get comfy,” he turns his body around so that his head is resting on Yifan’s shoulder, just like they did during their photo shoot.

“Comfy?” Yifan asks as he, once again, runs his hands through Chanyeol’s hair.

 

Yifan: I think that’s becoming a habit. His hair is really fluffy and every time I run my hands through it (he shows his hands) he always looks happy about it? (Laughs) He’s kind of like a puppy?

 

Eric Nam: I agree!

 

Chanyeol nods his head. Yifan closes his eyes again as he listens to Chanyeol talk about everything that had happened to him when they were apart. Yifan smiles here and there and nods whenever Chanyeol asks him questions or for his agreements for future plans and activities.

They spent the rest of their morning laying in bed cuddling until Chanyeol’s phone rings. He quickly finds it from below the blankets and looks at the caller ID. Yifan has remained relatively still during the ruckus but definitely notices change in Chanyeol’s face. He looks both excited and surprised.

“Hello? Eomma?”

 

Mi Sun: Eomeonim is calling?

Choa: Omo, while they were in bed together?

Eric Nam: (Laugh) When you say it like that it sounds really bad.

 

Yifan looks surprised as well and leans in to listen to their conversation.

 

Yifan: I was not expecting that. I had asked Chanyeol about his family before and he said that they were very much like him so I was looking forward to meeting them; however, (he smiles) wasn’t it just a strange coincidence that she called right then?

 

“No, it’s fine,” Chanyeol speaks into his phone and smiles at Yifan when he sees a strange look on his hyung’s face, “I’m with hyung right now,” he listens, “yes, Yifan-hyung.”

He is silent for a moment before places his phone to his chest and looks at Yifan.

“My eomma wants to talk to you.” He brings the phone to their faces and presses on the speaker. Yifan looks slightly worried.

“Hello, eomeonim, this is Yifan speaking. I’m sorry for not calling sooner,” Yifan looks ready to start bowing to the phone.

“Yifan-shi! Nice to finally speak to you, how have you been?”

 

Choa: Oh, she sounds so nice.

 

“Yes, I’ve been well, Chanyeol has been taking good care of me. I hope you have been well.”

 

Chanyeol: He sounded so formal. (He laughs) We dropped formalities on our first meeting? It was refreshing to hear him speak with my mom.

“Of course, that’s good to hear. Chanyeol has always been good at taking care of people. Please do the same to my boy.”

Chanyeol holds back a laugh at the two people speaking in front of him.

“I will do.”

“Also, Yifan-shi, when are you coming over? I’ve heard much about you from Chanyeol,” Yifan looks at Chanyeol with raised eyebrows. Chanyeol just smiles sweetly at him. “just let me know when you are free and come over! I’ll cook you any Korean food you want.”

 

Kyung Hwan: Ah, I want a mother-in-law like her.

 

“Eomma,” Chanyeol interjects, “are you free today?”

He looks at Yifan and Yifan seems to understand what he is asking him. He simply nods.

“Yes! You two come over!”

“We will come over for dinner then?” Yifan asks.

The conversation ends with Yifan telling that he would eat any food made by his mother-in-law and that they would not be late to dinner. Yifan pulls up a lazy Chanyeol from their bed so that he can keep his promise and give off a good first impression.

 

Yifan: I had to put my best foot forward. Eomeonim said she would be preparing so I also had to prepare.      

 

              Yifan and Chanyeol walk into a department store with an excited Chanyeol and slightly concerned looking Yifan.

              “Hyung, you don’t have to worry about buying anything fancy. My parents would be happy with just meeting you.” He leans his head on his husband’s s

Please log in to read the full chapter