Episode 16: Garden of Love

We Got Married!
Please log in to read the full chapter

            “Where are we going?”

            Chanyeol’s eyes scan through the windows as he looks out excitedly from Yifan’s red car. The man driving can only smile at his husband and lets the man be because he is also very excited.

 

Caption: How’s Shanghai?

 

Chanyeol: (Laughs) Well, after we left Minseok-hyung’s restaurant, hyung took me to his place to rest. I thought I would be staying in a hotel but I was really grateful to have someone be there when I’m not used to the city at all. I ended up falling asleep and woke up at 12 in the afternoon.

 

Mi Sun: Aigoo, he must have been really tired.

 

Yifan: He slept really well. I was actually getting worried when he didn’t wake up till so late. (He smiles shyly) His sleeping face was cute.

 

             “On a date,” Yifan replies as he makes a right turn, “since it’s already afternoon, we can get some lunch at this garden.”

“Garden?” Chanyeol is snacking on chips and hands one over to Yifan. Yifan sees the chip hanging near his arm but he slightly turns his head and opens his mouth. Chanyeol snorts but puts the chip in his mouth. “Like food carts?”

“Well, this garden has little more than that. To be truthful,” he opens his mouth again for more. Chanyeol gladly provides, “I haven’t been there for almost twenty years. But it’s known for being pretty and a lot of couples go there, so I kind of wanted to try it.”

Chanyeol nods his head.

“Wait, so is it a tourist place?”

Yifan also nods his head.

“Should we be going there?”

 

Eric Nam: Wouldn’t they attract too much attention if they went to a touristy place?

Choa: Maybe they won’t notice them?

Kyung Hwan: I don’t think that’s possible. They have a whole camera crew following them and they kind of stand out of the crowd really easily.

Choa: Yeah, they are really attractive.

 

“We will be fine.” Yifan answers with confidence as he continues to drive.

Chanyeol looks at his husband with a sceptical look but it turns into a gentle smile. The two continue to drive to their destination with small conversations. After driving for about fifteen minutes Yifan begins to pull into a parking lot with a valet parking. The two men exit their ride and Chanyeol looks around him with large curious eyes.

 

Caption: What did you plan?

 

Yifan: I made sure to have a safe outing with Chanyeol. It was selfish of me to want to go there so I would take on all of the responsibilities.

 

“So?” Chanyeol walks over to Yifan and sneaks his hand into Yifan’s.

“This way,” he pulls the younger man towards crowded entrance, “would you like to eat first or walk around for a bit?”

Chanyeol seems to have glued his eyes on the people in front of him. There is look of apprehension but overall excitement in his eyes.   

“I just finished snacking, let’s walk around and I’ll let you know when I feel hungry.”

Yifan seems to feel the anxiety in Chanyeol’s eyes and body movement. However, Chanyeol is also busy looking around the streets and into the street stores and restaurants. Yifan is practically pulling the man towards the entrance.

 

Chanyeol: I was worried but I trusted hyung so I just went along. Since I couldn’t speak the language well enough I had to rely on him even more.

 

As expected, once the two were close enough to the entrance of the park people began to take notice of them. Yifan’s right hand automatically went around Chanyeol’s waist while his left hand held Chanyeol’s right hand in front of him. Yifan’s loosely intertwined fingers are playing with Chanyeol’s ring.

 

Caption: Will they be okay?

 

Mi Sun: Look at that, the crowd is actually making way for them.

Choa: That’s really nice of them! Now they can enjoy their date.

 

“Yifan, where are we?” Chanyeol’s eyes widen into saucers as he takes in the architecture of the little city they have walked into. It’s like they have stepped back in time to ancient China.

“Yuyuan garden.” Yifan looks to be as marveled as Chanyeol.

They walk around with smiles on their faces as they turn right and left, navigating through the people and streets.

Chanyeol stops at different street vendors to look at small knick knacks and whatnot that had caught his attention. Yifan is always pulled along and he sighs at every stop they make.

 

Kyung Hwan: They look really good together.

Choa: I think we all knew that.

Kyung Hwan: No, of course visually they look good together, but their personalities and overall aura just mesh really well.

 

Yifan has a giant drink in his free hand and Chanyeol has a bag filled with little toys and gifts he had convinced Yifan he would die without. Yifan smiles and brings up the drink to Chanyeol’s lips whenever the younger takes a break from talking.

“I think I’m hungry now.” Chanyeol pouts as he looks longingly into a restaurant packed with customers.

Yifan looks down at his watch.

“Yeah, no wonder. We had been walking around for more than an hour. How are we not tired? Are you tired?”

Chanyeol smiles and shakes his head.

“I’m good. Just hungry now. I’m not tired because I’m with you, Yifan. You should know that by now.”

 

Eric Nam: Ah, it get’s more cheesy just like that.

 

Chanyeol: I was surprised that I had so much energy. It was hot, the humidity was crazy, and there were so many people but I just enjoyed everything. I think that hyung really has something to do with it.

 

“That’s true,” Yifan grins and leans into the man next to him, “if you gave a kiss I’m sure I would last till tomorrow.”

 

Caption: Really? Yifan!

 

Mi Sun: I feel like I should be used to it by now but my heart always skips while watching these two.

 

             “I would too but right now I really want food.”

             Yifan snorts as he begins to pull the man again towards a restaurant in front of them.

             “Did I just get rejected?”

             Chanyeol laughs and gets more attention on him with the infection sound. He shakes his head and doesn’t reply back as they walk through the open doors.

             They are quickly seated on the second floor private porch looking over the busy street. The porch is designed with red and gold beautifully painted over the wooden structures. They slide into their seat and Yifan melts into Chanyeol’s side.

“Love me.” He looks up to his husband with a pouty lips and puppy eyes.

 

Kyung Hwan: What? Did he just say that?

Eric Nam: Looking like that? Is that his aegyo?

 

Caption: Aegyo?

 

Yifan: (Laughs as he claps his hands) It just happened. I don’t even know.

 

Chanyeol looks at his husband with a surprised look but begins to laugh.

“Aw, here,” he pulls the man closer towards him, “let me.” He fully encircles his arms around Yifan’s body and places his head on top of Yifan’s.

Yifan is laughing as he snuggles his head into Chanyeol’s chest.

 

Chanyeol: He was adorable. I wish he would show it to me more often.

 

As the two men are cuddling on the couch, the server walks in and blushes at the sight. She apologetically clears her voice. Yifan peeks through Chanyeol’s arms around his head and sees the young girl bow.

            “Are you ready to o

Please log in to read the full chapter