Episode 7: Picture Perfect

We Got Married!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Caption: Second day of Guam getaway!

 

Chanyeol: Today is the day a person I’ve invited is coming to help me with an event I’ve planned. I wasn’t sure when he was coming because his flight got delayed so I was very close to freaking out.

 

Mi Sun: Oh? A guest?

Eric Nam: This is the first time they’ve invited anyone right?

Choa: Ah, I’m excited! I can’t wait to meet the type of people they are friends with.

Kyung Hwan: Could be someone from EXO?

 

Chanyeol is sitting on the bench outside of their beach house facing the ocean. He constantly keeps checking his phone while looking around for his husband. Yifan walks into the view carrying two tall glasses and a brochure.

“Here you go,” he gives one of the drinks and Chanyeol thanks him, “also, I picked up a brochure since we don’t have anything planned today. Look,” he flips one of the flaps open, “they have snorkeling and diving lessons and trips. Would you be interested in these?”  

“That sounds fun,” Chanyeol checks his phone again and a smile spreads on his face, “but don’t you want to relax for a bit. We just finished breakfast, I don’t think swimming is allowed.”

 

Yifan: To be honest, I noticed that he was acting strange since we finished breakfast and I was beginning to worry but the more I observed Chanyeol, the more I noticed that he might be actually waiting for something or someone. (He smirks) Everything shows on his face.

 

Eric Nam: No, don’t ruin the surprise.

Kyung Hwan: His observation skills are pretty good, or, as he said, everything shows on Chanyeol’s face.

 

             “I’m pretty sure we finished eating an hour ago, I think we should be fine.”

“No!” Chanyeol blurts out and sees the intrigued look on Yifan’s face. “I mean, should we, like, stretch or something if we are going swimming?”

Yifan chuckles and before he could reply Chanyeol stands up with a relieved look on his face. He turns around to a see a man in black shorts and a white dress shirt walking towards them. His face is covered by the sunglasses he has on but Yifan’s face looks more thoughtful than confused. Chanyeol grabs Yifan’s hands to get his attention back onto him, which works right away.

“I was planning on having a little photo session here today, actually.” His smile is hopeful that Yifan wouldn’t disagree with the idea.

 

Choa: A photo shoot?

 

“A photo session?”

“To be more precise, a wedding photo shoot.” Chanyeol declares with more decision and the man has finally reached them. “This is Zhou Mi. He will be our photographer!” Chanyeol looks very relieved.

 

Eric Nam: Wedding photos! That would be awesome!

 

Chanyeol: I have worked with Zhou Mi-hyung multiple of times and I really like his style so when I heard he was coming to Korea for work I met up with him and asked him if he would do me a huge favor. I’m really happy that he came!

 

Kyung Hwan: Wow, I’m looking forward to Zhou Mi-shi’s skill.

 

“Hello,” Zhou Mi bows to his models and the crew, “I’m Zhou Mi, let’s work hard today.” He turns to face Yifan and bows again. “Yifan-gege, it’s been a while. Congratulations on getting married.”

 

Mi Sun: They know each other?

 

Chanyeol looks taken aback for a second while Yifan greets their photographer.

“It’s nice to see you again.”

 

Yifan: He is a photographer who works at my friends company. We have worked together before on couple of my movies and I’ve seen him during get togethers. I have faith in his skills so I’m very happy and surprised that he will be in charge of our wedding shoot.

 

Caption: Chanyeol’s pick was perfect!

 

Kyung Hwan: Such a small world.

 

Chanyeol: I was surprised that they knew each other but that makes things even better since we both seem to like Zhou Mi-hyung. I did well right?

 

The couple walk out of their beach house dressed up for their first set. They are both wearing crisp black tuxedos, hairs styled up to show off their faces, with slick black oxfords. Yifan has a bow-tie while Chanyeol is sporting a regular black tie. They look ready for a red carpet rather than the white sad they are currently walking on.

“So we will begin with a formal-ish concept. I want you to just walk towards me and talk among yourselves,” they do as Zhou Mi instructs, “great, now show me some smiles as you talk, perfect guys.”

 

Caption: Their life is a photo shoot...

       

Kyung Hwan: I agree with that caption, they look like they’re doing photo shoots all the time.

Mi Sun: I saw screenshots of their faces everywhere and they all look perfect.

 

             While walking, Yifan reaches out for Chanyeol’s hand which Chanyeol sees and meets him halfway. The rest of the walk is shot with them holding hands and smiling gently at one another. Zhou Mi shouts further encouragements and they complete their first set.

“Now I want you guys to look at one another,” he runs around the couple so that the ocean is in the background, “and Chanyeol-shi fix Yifan-gege’s bowtie.”

Chanyeol does as instructed. He gently tugs on the ends so that he doesn’t mess up a perfectly tied bow but tries to look determined. Yifan is looking at Chanyeol’s face that is getting closer to his own with a small smile. Without thinking too much about it he brings his hands to rest on Chanyeol’s hips, pulling him closer.

 

Caption: Omo~

 

Eric Nam: Perfect, go with it!

 

Chanyeol looks away from the bow to meet his husband’s eyes intently looking at his own. A small smile also blossoms on his face and his hands leave the perfectly fine bowtie to reach around Yifan’s neck, also pulling him closer.

 

Choa: Kyaa~ What are you guys doing?

 

In the background there are many sounds, from the shutter to the waves crashing into the shore, but the two of them decrease the distance between them until their bodies are flush against each other, their foreheads gently touch and their smiles increase to almost reach their ears.

“Perfect,” Zhou Mi shouts at the two that flinch at the sudden intussion, “now I want you to sit down next to one another.”

 

Caption: How did you feel at that moment.

 

Yifan: His eyes are really powerful? (He laughs) Is that even a phrase? I felt the pull, I just couldn’t look away. The closer we got the better it felt and to be honest I didn’t even notice that we were that close. It just felt very nice and warm all around.

 

Chanyeol: Did you know that hyung’s eye color change when you look at it at different lights. The closer I got the darker his pupils turned and I just fell into them. Wow, that sounded really weird, didn’t it? (He smiles bashfully) I always thought that since we were both tall and about the same height that it would be weird to hug but it felt really right.

 

Mi Sun: Guys, I think they might really like each other.

Choa: If I were in their shoes I would too, who wouldn’t?

 

“Good, now loosen your ties and undo top two to three buttons and let me see how it looks.”

Chanyeol and Yifan quickly untie their ties and three buttons. Zhou Mi looks them over through his viewfinder and tells Yifan to lean his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder and to talk.

“Weren’t we in the same position last night?” Chanyeol asks Yifan innocently so that he can follow Zhou Mi’s instructions.

“Yup, and I would have fallen asleep that way if you hadn’t forced me up.” Yifan sounds teasingly annoyed at Chanyeol, who turns his head towards his hyung as best as he can with another head on his shoulder to show a shocked expression.

“We had masks on! You do not want to sleep with that still on, it will get everywhere.”

Yifan chuckles and it shakes both of their bodies until Chanyeol also joins in.

“Okay, I think I got everything I need for this set. Let’s move on to the next one.” Zhou Mi brushes his knees covered in sand as he also gets up with the couple. The models look surprised to see Zhou Mi on his knees and so close to them. ‘When did he get so close’ is written all over their faces.

 

Chanyeol: I think doing this for our 100th day was perfect. It forced us into situations that I wouldn’t know if I would initiate, maybe hyung would, but the fact that we both were really comfortable with those situations was just the cherry on top.

 

Eric Nam: What’s their next concept? I

Please log in to read the full chapter