Episode 19: Happily Ever After...?

We Got Married!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Take a deep breath...

             Yifan is sitting by the black backdrops ready to begin his interview. A crew member fixes his microphone and does final checks as he sits there smiling.

“In a bit? Okay.”

 

Caption: What about Chanyeol?

 

             Chanyeol is also seen sitting down and running his hand through his bangs. He sits up when the director calls for everyone to begin.

 

Mi Sun: Are they starting out with their interviews?

Choa: I suppose, that’s what happens to us before we start here.

 

Chanyeol: Hyung’s birthday went great! We weren’t able to meet up after it because I had to go to Singapore for a week and when I came back hyung went to Jeju for a photo shoot. But we made sure to keep in touch through texting and calling.

 

Yifan: It was really hectic. But there were moments where I felt really satisfied. Couple of days ago I facetimed him and the members were all there. I ended up talking to them for about an hour and I hadn’t even talked to Chanyeol. (He shakes his head) The members are very talkative. Even D.O wouldn’t stop talking.

 

Caption: Anything specific you guys what to do?

 

Chanyeol: I was actually thinking about working with hyung? (He laughs) You know, make a romantic or cute couple commercials or something. Or maybe a photo shoot. Something that I can see the professional side of him because that was very attractive. (He thinks for a moment) Also, I want to see hyung jealous. (He nods his head) I don’t think I’ve seen him jealous, I only find out about it after the event.

 

Yifan: (Laughs) A lot? I can make a list if you want me to but you have to give me a moment. But I think the most important one is celebrating his birthday that is coming up in five days? That would be nice. It’s kind of like my thanks for the wonderful things he has done for me.

 

Kyung Hwan: That would be awesome to watch!

Eric Nam: Man, these two are just filled with events. And I would also like to see Yifan-hyung jealous. That would be fun to watch.

 

             The screen divides to show both men clapping their hands to end the shooting. Right as they were about to get up a red envelop is seen on the bottom of the screen. Yifan sees it first.

             “What is this?” He reaches over with a suspicious looking eyes.

             “To: Yifan. Please make your way to the rooftop of this building.”

             Chanyeol also opens the envelope and reads the words. He looks up with wide eyes.

             “What’s up there?”

             No one replies so he sighs and gets up.

 

Mi Sun: Omo, is there something going on up there?

 

             Chanyeol quickly navigates the MBC building and finds the elevator that takes him to the rooftop. Yifan takes a little more time to find the elevator. Chanyeol steps out and zips up his jacket and takes out the white cashmere scarf he always wears. As he is working it around his neck he hears the elevator doors open again and turns around to see Yifan stepping out, already bundled up from the cold.

            Yifan’s eyes widen but a smile spreads on his face as he walks up to Chanyeol and takes the scarf to help his husband. Chanyeol is also smiling and stands obediently until Yifan places his hands on his shoulders.

            “What are you doing here?” Chanyeol asks.

            “Probably the same thing as you?”

            The two men laugh.

 

Choa: I swear they get closer with every episode.

 

Caption: What could be waiting for them on the roof?

 

             The two tall men are pulled away from their moment when bright lights turn on at the corners of the building. They are so bright that it looks like a daytime.

 

Mi Sun: Omo, it looks like stage lights, reminds me of a concert.

Kyung Hwan: Do you think there is a concert? Maybe a surprise from EXO?

Choa: That would be awesome!

 

             Chanyeol intertwines their hands and begins walking away from the elevators towards the center of the roof where they finally see a screen with a projection of We Got Married logo on it. Yifan walks up closer to the younger man and wraps his arm around his waist. Chanyeol smiles at the man next to him but both of their attentions are directed back to the screen when the image changes to something else.

A familiar park is seen with the trees swaying gently with the breeze and the few people present are minding their own businesses and enjoying the day. All of a sudden, the camera focuses on a man wearing black with a blue jacket elegantly placed over his shoulders. The man is looking out the park from a hill he is sitting on. Another individual comes into view, his tall frame standing out of the crew around him as he eyes quickly look around him. Then, both men’s eyes meet and they stand there looking at one another.

 

Caption: This was their beginning...

 

Mi Sun: Why? Why are they showing this?

Choa: Omo, it’s so beautiful to look back at their first meeting.

Kyung Hwan: Are they showing this for a reason I think they are showing this?

Eric Nam: I’m not ready for this.

 

“What is this?” Yifan looks at the screen and back at the camera that is filming them.

The screen changes again to Chanyeol walking down the long runway of EXO concert stage. The fans are cheering loudly while the members are jumping in the background singing their parts. Chanyeol reaches the end of the stage and walks down the stairs until he is standing in front of a surprised Yifan who also stands up as their hands interlock. The two tall men are illuminated on a giant screen behind them.

“You’re dazzling, you’re in front of me. The moon shines in your half-closed and lovable eyes. I want to tell you that this is the beginning like, whoa, let’s go!”

 

Caption: This was their announcement...

 

Chanyeol watches the scene on the screen with a fond look on his face and leans his head down on Yifan’s shoulder. Yifan lays his head down on Chanyeol’s.

 

Mi Sun: I think that was their first time being seen in public and it was just magical.

Choa: Chanyeol-oppa’s rap part was really heartfelt.

 

             Yifan is seen on the screen on his knees looking up at Chanyeol. He opens the black velvet box in his hands.

“Will you do me the honor of accepting this and be my husband?”

The camera zooms out to show the man standing up to place the ring on the slightly shaking finger of a speechless man standing in front of him. There is a smile on Yifan’s face.

“I hope that means yes?”

Chanyeol’s glossy eyes turn into crescents as he vigorously nods his head.    

 

Caption: This was their proposal...

 

             Subconsciously, Chanyeol brings up his left hand to run a finger over the cold metal still resting on his finger. Yifan looks down at Chanyeol’s hands and smiles proudly.

 

Choa: Can I get a napkin? (She turns to the crew)

 

The two men are now seen standing outside on their apartment's balcony, looking up at the night sky covering them in intimate darkness.

Chanyeol’s voice is heard as the scene continues to show scenes from their first visit to their new house.

“I could see how much he liked the place and I thought he really suited it. Can I ask that our future house to be something like that?”

 

Caption: This was their home...

 

             Chanyeol laughs at his words but Yifan is the one to speak.

             “Thank you, it really does suit my style.”

 

Kyung Hwan: It looks even better now that they have decorated it so beautifully.

 

             Before they can reminisce more over their house the scene changes again to show Yifan hovering over Chanyeol’s body on their vacation bed. Chanyeol’s hands are around Yifan’s neck as Yifan is only centimeters away from the younger.

             “Then, where can I not kiss you?”

             Chanyeol’s eyes are intently looking at the man above him but he remains quiet.

             “Hyung, I think that by this point, both you and I know where you can’t kiss.”

             It doesn’t take much for Yifan to lean down the short distance to Chanyeol’s plump lips. Everything stays still at that moment.

 

Caption: This was their first kiss...

 

Eric Nam: That was the the beginning of many times we lost our voices because of these two.

 

             The scene changes to celebrities and friends walking on the makeshift red carpet, talking, laughing. Then the yacht is filled with guests who are mingling amongst themselves, enjoying the evening. Yifan’s voice is heard this time.

“From the moment our eyes met I

Please log in to read the full chapter