Episode 15: Trip to Love

We Got Married!
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Chanyeol looks out of the round window and turns his brightly smiling face back towards the camera.

“I’m finally here!” He claps his hands.

 

Caption: Landed in Shanghai, China!

 

Mi Sun: Ya! This is finally happening.  

Kyung Hwan: I actually went to Beijing last week and they were everywhere. It’s crazy how popular they are there!

Eric Nam: I’m sure now that Yifan is busy promoting and shooting back home, his presence helps a lot with the couple’s exposure as well.

Choa: Don’t we get to meet Yifan’s friends this time?

Mi Sun: Yes and I’m really looking forward to it.

 

The happy boy is quickly jumping from his seat and is the first to exit the plane. Security guards are at the gait waiting for him and they take him to a private room until his luggage and ride gets there.

 

Chanyeol: I was super excited but also super nervous. I’ve never been to China without my members and the managers were always there to help me out. This time I had to wait for hyung’s friend whom I’ve never met before and just hope that everyone likes me because I really want this to work out.

 

Chanyeol keeps his phone within a hand’s reach at all times and whenever his phone flashes he jumps at it to check if it’s Yifan or his friend who is supposed to take him around. The security guards are still standing outside of the private room as the airport employees bring in Chanyeol’s luggage. They bow and many are looking very excited to be meeting the restless man on the couch.

 

Caption: Fans everywhere!

 

Once Chanyeol notices the group standing and working around him with stolen glances, he gives them a bright smile and a shy nod of his head.

 

Choa: Do we know who the friend is?

Eric Nam: No clue but I’m so excited.

 

After reading a text he just got he looks up at the camera with wide eyes.

“Hyung said that his friend is at the airport now!” He looks back to a security guard standing by his room door. He stands up and shows the man the text Yifan had sent him. The slightly shorter man leans over to look and nods his head once he reads it. Chanyeol walks back to his seat after thanking the man with the limited Mandarine he had learned, as the guard informs the others outside.

 

Caption: Who could be the friend?

 

The silence in the room is broken when a knock is heard. Chanyeol’s head pops up from the backboard of the couch he had been resting on. The door is opened by the guard inside the room and a man walks through the door.

 

Mi Sun: Omo~ Look at him!

Choa: He is adorable!

Kyung Hwan: How old is he?

 

Chanyeol shoots up to his feet and begins to bow at the man walking towards him. The man’s round eyes are shining and his youthful appearance looks even more so when he smiles back at the tall man.

“Hello!” The man says first with fluent Korean.

“Xiumin-hyung? Right?” Chanyeol continues to bow as he reaches out to shake the man’s hand. There is a look of disbelief and relief in his eyes when the shorter man shakes his hand.    

 

Chanyeol: Hyung? Hyung! He looked so young and cute. (He claps his hands as he laughs) Yifan-hyung did tell me that I would be surprised when I met him but I didn’t know that’s what he meant.

 

            “You can call me Minseok-hyung, if you want. That’s my Korean name.” Minseok laughs at Chanyeol’s reaction.

 

Eric Nam: Minseok-hyung! Welcome to We Got Married!

Mi Sun: Please take care of our Chanyeol.

 

            “I’m sorry, did I make you wait for long?” Minseok naturally pouts and Chanyeol’s eyes widen but never leave the elder’s face.

            “Nope!” Chanyeol quickly replies. “I just got my luggage. Hyung has actually been texting me and keeping me company.” He nods his head with pride, but his face changes to a slightly confused one. “But, wasn’t there supposed to be two of hyung’s friends coming to pick me up?”

            Minseok seems to realize the same things and makes a a-ha face.

“His in the car! We should get going or else he might be mad at me for taking too long.”

The older man reaches over to grab onto Chanyeol’s hand, much to the younger’s surprise.

 

Caption: He seems very friendly!

 

They go through the back halls and doors so that Chanyeol and the camera crew doesn’t cause any commotion. The security guards surround the two men who are busy talking away. Minseok has his arm around Chanyeol’s arms and they almost look like skipping down the halls.

“Why is the other hyung not with you?”

“He had a phone call to make. We both took off from work today but there were some things we couldn’t run away from.” Minseok dramatically sighs.

Chanyeol’s eyes widen for the hundredth time since he met the other man.

“I’m so sorry!” He looks panicked. “I did not mean for you two to miss work. If you’re busy you can just take me to my hotel and I’ll be fine!”

The other man looks amused as he let’s the younger rant. He soon breaks into another laugh and leans in more towards the larger body.    

 

Kyung Hwan: Are people in China really touchy-feely? Or is it just Minseok-shi?

Eric Nam: I’m pretty sure it’s just Minseok-shi.

 

            “You kidding me? I wouldn’t miss meeting you for anything! Getting to skip work is even a plus!” He pacifies the other and they continue their way towards a parked car waiting outside for them.

 

Caption: Your first impression?

 

Chanyeol: He seemed really approachable. After talking to him I understand why hyung is friends with Minseok-hyung. I actually liked how affectionate he was. I’m the same with my members and when he was so open with grabbing my arm as we walked made me feel already part of the family and friend group. (He sits up straight) Also, he smelled really good! Was it mixture of coffee and something sweet?

 

            As they walk outside, Chanyeol takes in the air for the first time and a giant smile blossoms on his face. Minseok is still leading the younger man by pulling on his arm until they finally reach a sleek black Audi S8 waiting for them. A man opens the driver seat door and looks at the two with a wide grin, defining his already sculpted cheekbones.

 

Eric Nam: Ah! Is that Chen-shi?

Choa: You know him?

Kyung Hwan: Isn’t he a really famous producer? Director?

 

            Chanyeol stops in his tracks and, once again, his eyes widen. Minseok is quietly chuckling next to him as he tries to push the bigger man towards the car.

            “Hello, Chanyeol-shi,” Chen holds his hand out, “it’s really nice to finally meet you. I hope your flight wasn’t too tiring.”

            Chanyeol is looking down at the man’s face and hand before he finally gets hold of himself and makes his own greetings.

 

Chanyeol: Chen! The Chen! (He raises his hands up towards the skies) He is like my idol. The songs he makes are like gold and I’ve been really wanting to meet him. I can’t believe hyung is friends with him. He even asked me to call him by his real name! We are on name basis now. (He sighs contently)

 

Kyung Hwan: Ha! I knew it!

 

After a rushed greeting they pile into the car. Chanyeol sits in the back with a bottle of water and cookies in his hands, complementary of Minseok.

“How did you two become friends with hyung?” Chanyeol asks as he takes a bite of his cookie.

             “With Yifan?” Minseok looks at Jongdae, Chen’s given name, with a contemplated look. “I think we met seven years ago? I was starting out my business and he was also starting as an actor. We somehow ended up in a same friend group and have been friends since then.”

“On my part,” Jongdae jumps in, “I worked with Yifan five years ago and he brought me along to all of his hangouts and I made friends with him and his friends. That’s how I met you didn’t I?” He turns to look at Minseok when the light turns to red.

 

Mi Sun: It’s so nostalgic to hear their stories.

 

“You guys have been friends for so long.” Chanyeol sighs. “Must be nice.”

Jongdae looks at Chanyeol through his rearview mirror and smiles.

“That means we know him pretty well, so ask anything you want. We probably will know the answer.” He grins. Chanyeol smiles back at him.

“I’ll make sure to do that if I need to. By the way,” he reaches over to put his hand on Minseok’s shoulder, “thank you for the moon cakes. I gave some to my family and members and they loved it so much. They said I shouldn’t return back if I don’t bring them more.”

The two up front laugh and Chanyeol ends up joining them.

“Well, you are in luck.” Jongdae adds after their laughing session.

“How so?”

“We are going to meet everyone at Minseok’s restaurant.” Chanyeol’s smile increase at the mentioning of potential food. “And the place is known for it’s moon cake desserts.” Jongdae nods his head with confidence.

“Freshmade!” Minseok adds in excitedly.

 

Caption: Fresh? Omo! We want some!

 

Eric Nam: Yes!

Kyung Hwan: Chanyeol-ah, you should bring some for us too!

Choa: Wait, did he say everyone? More people?

 

Chanyeol: I didn’t know what hyung was planning but I had a feeling that I had to prepare myself for something. But I wasn’t aware that I would be meeting his whole friend group! (He laughs) I suppose that since he met my members willingly I should also show my cooperation.

 

The three men continue their conversations until Jongdae pulls up into a driveway of a skyscraper inside the busy city.

“Is this where I’m staying?” Chanyeol steps out when his door is opened.

“Nope,” Minseok is standing next to him and interlocks their arms again, “my restaurant is on the top floor. Everyone should be here. I’m not sure about Yifan though.”

Jongdae pushes the two men into the building with much effort and they finally get inside the elevator.

 

Choa: I hope oppa gets along with everyone.

Eric Nam: I’m rooting for him!

 

            Minseok leads his company through the restaurant without attracting too much attention. They were able to use back hallways until they reached a room with a big mahogany doors. Once the doors open, Chanyeol is surprised by a loud welcome he gets from two individuals sitting around a round table.

Jongdae does the introductions.

“Chanyeol, this guy here is Zitao,” he points at a man who is as tall as Chanyeol with intense gaze but it disappears as soon as he smiles, “and Yixing,” a man with a soft eyes and smile. However, Jongdae stops and looks around for some

Please log in to read the full chapter