Episode 5: Simply Together

We Got Married!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eric Nam: This couple!!!

Kyung Hwan: I still can’t believe they ended it right then!

Choa: I actually saw EXO backstage after my performance and I was so close to looking at Chanyeol-oppa’s hands but they rushed away and I couldn’t...

Eric Nam: Wow, at least you saw them. I’ve been looking out for both of them and nothing!

Mi Sun: The wait is over though! Let’s begin!

 

The scene focuses on two men, one kneels and the other covers his mouth with his hands while he looks down at a ring.

 

Caption: Beginning to every beautiful story...

 

“Yifan...” Chanyeol lowers his left hand from mouth without breaking eye contact with Yifan.

Yifan is happy to assist as he, finally, stands up and takes the slightly shaking hand in front of him and gently slides the ring onto the ring finger.

“I hope that means yes?”

Chanyeol vigorously nods his head and looks down at his ring finger.

 

Caption: CONGRATULATIONS!!

 

Studio cheers!

Mi Sun: That was beautiful. I’m really happy that I got to witness that.

 

Caption: How did you feel during that moment?

 

Yifan: It was all a blur when I went to get the ring but everything cleared up once I got down on my knee. I was worried that I would forget what I had meant to say but as I looked up at Chanyeol, I realized that I didn’t even have to worry because everything I said was meant to be said to him.

 

Chanyeol: Was that real? (He looks around the crew) I can’t believe that happened. I’m still trying to grasp reality. I’ve seen this scene many times happen in movies and whatnot but experiencing it first hand was just completely new and worthwhile. I felt like I was about to cry but I took control of myself and tried to act as normal as possible.

 

“Thank you...” Chanyeol takes a breath, “Hyung.”

“Didn’t you just call my by my name?” There is a teasing smile on Yifan’s face.

“Wha...” He seems to remember it. “Am I allowed to?” He softly asks.

Yifan’s face beams with happiness as he steps closer and wraps his arms securely around his husband.

 

Kyung Hwan: That’s right!

 

“Anything you wish, anything you want, I’ll accept it all.”

Chanyeol’s arms come around Yifan’s waist as his face snuggles into Yifan’s shoulder.

“Yifan.”

 

Choa & Mi Sun: Kyaaa~

 

“One more thing.” Yifan pulls away just enough to look at Chanyeol’s face that is turning into a surprised expression, probably for the hundredth time that evening.  

 

Caption: One more...?

 

Eric Nam: More! More! I’m so done!

 

Yifan raises his right arm and just like that fireworks begin to shoot from the shore.

 

Studio cheers.

Kyung Hwan: Wow... I don’t know how you would top that...

Choa: It’s drama! It’s not real! This is too perfect.

 

“Wha...” Chanyeol’s eyes glue onto the night sky ablaze in spectacular color show. However, he breaks the contact to look at the man still hugging him close. “All this?”

Yifan laughs and it shakes both of them.

“All this,” he circles his head, “just for you,” and returns his eyes to round brown one’s absorbing everything.

They return back to watching the show until it is finished and Yifan guides them back to the seating with a champagne, that was not there before, ready for the two. Neither say anything but both take up the glasses after Yifan has popped the cork with a loud bang of their own and filled them with the golden liquor. They lock eyes and hold it.

 

Caption: The atmosphere is too surreal~

 

Choa: I think that’s their thing now.

Eric Nam: What? Having secret conversations with their eyes?

Mi Sun: Of course!

 

“It would really if I woke up right now...” Chanyeol shyly comments as he sips on his champagne.

“It would, so let’s enjoy it till the end.” Yifan sits down while tugging Chanyeol down with him. He takes Chanyeol’s left hand and soothingly rubs his thumb over the ring proudly placed on his husband’s hand. Chanyeol takes out his phone with his other hand and shows it to Yifan.

“Photo?”

Yifan smiles and nods his approval. He waits till Chanyeol has opened up the camera on his phone and looks at him with excitement. Chanyeol takes Yifan’s left hand that he had also placed an identical ring on and intertwines their fingers.

 

Mi Sun: Omo... after all this time Chanyeol is getting bold.

Choa: No one is complaining though.

 

Caption: You held his hand?

 

Chanyeol: After the type of night I had I really wanted to convey my gratitude to Hyung. Last time we met up I was sad that we didn’t take any pictures together and I just couldn’t hold it in anymore.

 

            Yifan smiles even brighter as he looks down at their hands as Chanyeol is busy taking pictures from the perfect angle. After Chanyeol is satisfied with the hand photo he looks back up at Yifan and smiles as if asking for permission. Yifan doesn’t do anything except to smile back and just wait.

            Chanyeol takes that as a confirmation and turns around so that his back is facing Yifan. Yifan looks to be confused for a second until he sees Chanyeol’s right arm come back up with his phone pointed at them. Yifan gets the signal so he scoots closer to the other boy and wraps his right arm around his hips while he brings his left hand to show off his ring.

 

Caption: Picture perfect together...

 

Mi Sun: I’ve never been this jealous of a couple before.

 

Chanyeol leans back into Yifan’s chest and also brings up his left hand to place it next to his husbands. He clicks away and takes multiple shots from different angles.

“You’re good at this.” Yifan speaks over Chanyeol’s shoulder as he looks through the photos.

“I like taking pictures...” he shyly replies.

 

Chanyeol: He was just back hugging me and had his head on my shoulder! I could feel his breath on my face and I was not calm.

 

Yifan: I was happy. (Smiles proudly)

 

Chanyeol: It was nice... (A blush is coloring his cheeks)

 

The scene changes as the two walk away from the dock and make their way to their car.

 

Kyung Hwan: I’m kind of glad that that is done... I was about to die!

Eric Nam: Yeah... that was just too much for my heart.

 

As Yifan walks around the car towards his door he spots a red envelope on his windshield. He quickly takes it and enters the car where a waiting Chanyeol also sees the envelope in his husband’s hand.

“What’s that? Mission card?”

“Not sure, let’s see.” He opens the envelope and pulls out the card.

“Congratulations! Your newlywed house awaits!” Yifan exclaims.

Chanyeol almost bounces off of his seat to look at the card.

“Really?”

“Wow, today is just a great day, maybe we should go buy lottery tickets.” Yifan jokes.

“Hyung...” Chanyeol gently punches Yifan’s arm as he continues to look at the card.

 

Yifan: I thought ending the night with fireworks might be too cliche but getting a house? I hundred percent welcome it! (Opens his arms)

 

Chanyeol: If one more thing happens tonight I think I might just cry. I don’t think my heart can handle any more surprise events for a while. (Loudly laughs)    

 

Mi Sun: This couple is just full of events and things that I wish were happening to me!

 

            Yifan begins to drive to the designated address while Chanyeol sits next him, occasionally looking down at his hand and smiling. It takes them around thirty minutes to pull up into an underground parking garage gate. Yifan reaches over to the keypad and swipes a keycard that was inside the envelope. The gates open and he drives little further until he sees a parking spot with the number of his new place.

 

Yifan: I thought we would be getting a house because the other two couples have them with a yard and all that so I was little surprised. But I think the apartment complex has a really good security system so that’s really good.  

 

            They reach the floor and quickly find their home. The apartment is empty but is very clean, spacious, and modern. The ceilings seem taller than two meters and the living room has full wall windows. Upon closer inspection, the two find a door within the window that brings them to the outside balcony that is almost the same size as the living room. Perks of having the top floor is that there is nothing covering their balcony and they see the night sky shi

Please log in to read the full chapter