Episode 2: Gifts of Different Sizes

We Got Married!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mi Sun: Last week we had such a success with the new couple!

Kyung Hwan: There wasn’t much shown of the two together, they cut it off right as they saw one another! I had so many people ask me what happened after.

Eric Nam: I actually know Chanyeol from working together before and I was so tempted to just call him!

Choa: But, it’s finally time!

Mi Sun: Let us begin!

 

            Chanyeol steps out of a black van and puts on his backpack securely around his shoulders. He smiles at the crew that had followed him around all morning and were at the park already waiting for him. He had hoped to get there little earlier but traffic was something one could never plan ahead.

             “I hope I’m not late...” He takes out his phone and check the time which shows that he has good fifteen minutes till eleven. He makes sure that everything was in order before bidding his manager goodbye and starts walking towards the park.

 

Chanyeol: I was told that I just had to keep following the path until I meet the person... (He looks around the crew) Whom I never met before... So I just looked for a group of people with cameras. (He smiles triumphantly)  

 

             He continues to walk along the path while skimming over the heads of the crew to make sure he doesn’t miss anyone who might look like they were waiting. It feels like forever until he catches a movement on top of a hill standing up from their sitting area. Chanyeol sees the crew around the person and without further confirmation he begins to walk faster.

             After few more steps he finally sees the man standing and looking down at him. He soon catches the man’s eyes and his legs decides to stop.

 

Caption: Why did you stop?

 

Chanyeol: I honestly don’t know how to answer that. I had no control of my legs, they just stopped. (His lips curl into a small, shy smile)

 

Choa: It’s like a drama!

 

He begins to walk again and makes his way towards the man waiting for him. It doesn’t take long for Chanyeol to recognize the actor looking back at him with a smile stretching the sculpted face Chanyeol used to look at on giant screens.

“Hello.” Yifan is the first to bow and extends his hand out.

Chanyeol quickens his pace and comes to stand right in front of Yifan to take his hand with both of his.

“Hello, it’s very nice to meet you. I’m Park Chanyeol from EXO.” He bows and lets go of Yifan’s hands.

“Like wise, name’s Wu Yifan.” He motions towards the bench again and they both sit across from one another. They look up at the same time and lock eyes, once again. Both smile.

 

Caption: Can they look any more perfect?

 

Eric Nam: Every scene is a movie scene... This is not fair for the rest of us guys...

Mi Sun: But they look so good together!

 

Both males aren’t too sure of what to say to one another and just sit there, occasionally catching the other looking at them.    

 

Caption: It’s always awkward in the beginning!

 

Yifan: I’m not sure what I was expecting but Chanyeol-shi was not really it. However, with that said I was extremely satisfied when I saw him. He has a really cute smile, it’s big and very inviting. I wouldn’t mind looking at that smile everyday. (He smiles as big as Chanyeol’s, or as big as his mouth allows)

 

Chanyeol: I was really surprised to see him! (He flails his arms around, but makes sure to not hit anything around him) He was so good looking and really cool just standing there, it felt like I was supposed to be filming a movie with him and I just didn’t know what to do.

 

            “Yifan-shi, when did you come to Korea?”

            “Ah, I came last night, around ten I think?” Yifan replies quickly, happy to be talking.

            “You must be tired then? I didn’t get much sleep last night because I was really excited!” Chanyeol beams at Yifan, teeth-rich smile on full blast.

“Same, I usually sleep really well after an airplane ride. I like your bag,” Yifan points at the bag Chanyeol still has on. He looks at his bag and back at Yifan with a confused look in his eyes.

“Thanks, I bought it couple months back and I really like it. I have used it nonstop since! If you like it I can get you one too!” He looks at Yifan with excitement.

“Well, actually, I got one here,” Yifan smiles and pulls up the same backpack that was next to him on the bench, hidden from Chanyeol behind the picnic table.

 

Kyung Hwan: Coincidence?

 

Caption: Could it be... Destiny...

 

             “Woah, that’s awesome, we are matching already!”

             Both males laugh at the coincidence of having the same backpacks but Yifan actually thinks it’s a great segway for his next topic of conversation.

             “I got a card,” he pulls it out of his bag, “and it said to buy a gift...”

             “I did too! Did you buy a gift for me? I got your gift here, do you want to exchange them now?” Chanyeol cuts Yifan and soon realizes what he has done when Yifan gives him a look. He stops himself and looks down at his hands that was busy playing with one another.  “Sorry, I got too excited.”

 

Caption: Your face changed.

 

Yifan: Yeah, I was surprised at first but then for some reason it didn’t last for long. I do not like people speaking out of turn, being rude, but seeing Chanyeol look crestfallen was even worse. I feel like no matter what he does I wouldn’t find it annoying or bad? Is that a right way to say it? (Chuckles)

 

Caption: Did you see Yifan’s face when you interrupted him?

 

Chanyeol: Yes! (His eyes widen) I did not mean to. I didn’t know exactly what that face meant but I didn’t like it. I will try my best to not see that face again. (He nods his head with determination)  

 

             Kris cannot help the smile spreading across his face.

“All good, but yes, let’s do that. Let me go first?”

Chanyeol’s smile is back on his face.

“Because I’m Chinese I thought I should get you something from there. Also, because I didn’t know if you were male or female I went with something simple that I can’t go wrong with... I guess.”

Chanyeol looks at Yifan with a small smile.

 

Chanyeol:  It somehow pleased him to see Yifan, the man of all men, getting slightly flustered at something as simple as this. I looked forward to his gift even more so!

 

He leans closer as to encourage the man to continue.

“So I got us a matching stuff actually.” Yifan smiles at Chanyeol with a hopeful glint in

Please log in to read the full chapter