Steamy Barcelona nights 2

A love like ember lights

Yoseob

“The early bird gets the worm. Wake up, cutie.”, Doojoon whispers teasingly into my ear. Abruptly I open my eyes wide as I hear Doojoon´s tender voice and feel his warm breath hitting my skin. I stare at him in disbelieve as he gives me one of his killer-smiles.

“Wake up, sleepy-head. We have plans for today.”, he says eagerly and pulls away my blanket. Before I can protest he adds teasingly:”…or do you want me to wake you up with a kiss, my sleeping beauty.” I get up instantly. Once again I’m staring at him in disbelief. What has gotten into him? Yesterday he was acting so coldly and dismissively but today he is different. I really can´t figure him out.

Doojoon pretends to tilt forward and shapes his lips like he is going to give me a kiss. Reflexively I grab my pillow and try to throw it into Doojoon´s face. But the quick-witted leader sees it coming and dodges it skillfully.

“I like your feisty spirit. It turns me on.”, he says nonchalantly. Here we go again- is my first thought upon hearing his statement. What does he mean? Is he serious?    

“Well. Get ready.”, he says enthusiastically while clapping his hands, “Let´s eat breakfast together.” I yawn and sit up in bed. As I look over to the clock next to the bed I see that we have 6.33 am. I slept around two hours.

“You look like , really.”, Doojoon states directly. I don´t need him to tell me nor do I have to look into a mirror in order to know myself, that I look crappy. I feel crappy to begin with. I really don´t understand Doojoon sometimes. He looks lively and bubbly now after he slept like a rock last night while I wasn´t able to fall asleep. Lying next to him caused me to tense up. My heart wasn´t able to calm down. Helplessly lying next to me, transferring his body heat through the sheets and smelling so deliciously – Doojoon nearly drove me nuts. It took me some time to fall asleep.

I stay up and go into the bathroom to wash up. As I enter our room I see Doojoon sitting in an armchair to my left. He is busy typing a text-message.

“Who are you talking to?”, I ask curiously while I take out my clothes for today.

“Hyunseung.”, he replies shortly without looking up to me. Hyunseung? Immediately the image of Doojoon hugging Hyunseung in the practice room pops up in my mind. I feel uneasy.

“Oh, really. What´s up?”, I ask trying to sound uninterested.

“Nothing really. Just chit-chat.”, Doojoon answers facing the display of his phone.

“Well then. Say hi from me, too.”,  is the only thing I can say in this situation without creating the impression of me being a weirdo or even worse a possessive b*tch. I slowly start to put on my clothes. My eyes are burning due to my sleep deficit. It shouldn´t bother me that Doojoon is testing with a fellow teammate whom he has known for years but the thing which bothers me the most is that he is doing it now. If you go out on a trip isn´t it common sense to contact the people dearest to you and only those…so…what does it tell me? Hyunseung is special to Doojoon.

“Are you done?”, Doojoon´s soft voice rips me out of my thoughts. I just nod quickly as a response. He puts his phone into his pocket and grabs my hand.

“Well then. Let´s go. Go. Go. GO!”, he says bubble and drags me out of our room still holding hands. As we reach the elevator I try to free my hand but Doojoon tightens his grip even more so he interlocks our fingers.

“Yesterday, you said that you wouldn´t go back on your word.”, Doojoon says coolly while directly looking into my eyes. Here we go again – seducing me in broad daylight.

I just nod and go with the flow. As we get to the ground floor Doojoon pulls me towards the exit.

“Aren´t we going to get breakfast?”, I ask surprised.

“Yes. But not here. I´m tired of hotel food.”, he answers without looking at me, “I prepared something else. Today is special.”

“ Today? Why?”, I ask taken by surprise.

He stops for a second, looks at me and smiles mysteriously. “I don´t know. Today is just special.”, the leader repeats himself and starts walking again.

And the day was special. Doojoon took me to a cute little restaurant near the church Santa Maria del Mar for breakfast. He his charm and paid special attention to me during breakfast like feeding me or stirring my coffee for me etc. Basically he was doing a million little things for me which made my heart beat wildly. Doojoon´s attentive behavior, the delicious food and the homely atmosphere of the restaurant made this breakfast into an unforgettable experience.

After finishing our breakfast Doojoon took me to barcelona´s football stadium the Camp Nou. He was so happy and excited that he could hardly contain his joy. He would hug me occasionally, show me stuff by pointing at it, take pictures – in short, today is the best day in Doojoon´s life and I’m part of it. It really does make me stupidly happy when Doojoon is happy.

“Here. Take it.”, I say and give him a little gift bag.

“What is it?”, he replies surprised and takes the gift.

“A present.”, I say with a tender voice. He opens the gift box immediately and the content leaves him speechless for a couple of seconds. The usually composed and cool leader tears up a little bit but gives me a smile I have never seen before.

“Thank you.”, he says and takes out the Barcelona jersey. As he puts it on he realizes that there is something else in the bad. “What is this?”, he asks as he gets hold of the second jersey.

“Couple t-shirt.”, I reply as coolly as possible as I take it away from him and put it on myself, “Today is special, after all.”

He starts to laugh and this time it is Doojoon´s turn to give me a little gift bag.

“What is it?”, I ask taken by surprise.

“I also prepared a gift for you. But it is not a couple item.”, he replies still laughing, “And I won´t recommend you to wear it right away.”

I open the little box which was given to me and I instantaneously know what it is – a pair of Barcelona underpants. Before I can thank him Doojoon elbows me and comes closer to whisper something into my ear: “A pair of saucy lingerie for my sleeping beauty.” Surprised and dumbfounded I look up to him. His unexpected words set my body on fire. I can feel how I start to raise a blush. I really can´t figure him out at times. Is he mocking me or maybe…flirting? Nervously I elbow him back.

“Wh-What are you talking about.”, I stutter and chuckle. Doojoon looks at me somehow seriously. Sometimes I get the impression that he is trying to read me by analyzing my facial expressions what makes me even more nervous. Because I’m afraid that he is able to look through me into the deeps of my heart. As Doojoon realizes that his gaze makes me uncomfortable he looks away and elbows me once again.

“Just kidding. Just kidding.”, he says and looks around nervously, “I need to go to the bathroom. We can leave afterwards.” He then stets off without waiting for my reply. The situation between us has gotten awkward all of a sudden and it is partly my fault. Why didn´t I give a snappish reply?! But Doojoon caught me off guard. I just sigh. I´m still deep in thought as Doojoon comes back. Without saying anything he just holds on to my shoulders and pushes me to the direction of the exit.

“We need to hurry. There is still a lot more I want to do with you.”, he says cheerfully and tightens his grip around my shoulders.

And Doojoon had prepared a lot for us. He took me to the Placa Catalunya the central transportation hub of Barcelona and at the same time the beginning of the Las Ramblas – a historic landmark of Barcelona. We spend hours walking down the 1.3km long Las Ramblas, looking at the historic sides, eating domestic foods like Tapas, shopping and enjoying ourselves. Doojoon – the perfect gentleman- was always attentive to my needs. He bought me food and ice-cream when I got hungry, carried my bags and bought me little presents as a keep-sake of our trip. And I let it happen. Shameful but true. I let Doojoon spoil me and I enjoyed it. I liked it so much that I never wanted it to stop. I just got carried away by my own blissful happiness. Just once I caught myself thinking that this must be the way Doojoon would treat his girlfriend – attending to all her needs and treating her like a princess. Lucky girl- I thought bitterly.

-

“Hurry, Seobie! Hurry!”, Doojoon calls out to me as the doors of the elevator open. I was standing behind him and looking around when he pulls me into the elevator. We are still interlocking fingers.

“We nearly missed it.”, he says cheerfully while giving me one of his killer-smiles.

“What are we missing out on?”, I ask completely not knowing what is going on.

“Patience, Soebie. Patience.”, he answers mysteriously, “This is going to be my last present.” As we take the approximately 60 meter high elevator ride to the viewing platform of the Momentum a Columbus Doojoon checks the time a couple of times. He looks nervous. I mouth a silent “What is it?” but he just shakes his head as a response.

After a couple of seconds he pulls me right next to him so that we face the gates of the elevator. As we reach the viewing platform and the gates slowly start to open I suddenly get dazzled by the orange light. I´m completely awed by this fascinating sight. Doojoon carefully pulls me out of the elevator to the railings. It is Barcelona´s sunset. The setting sun colored Barcelona´s rooftops and the port which lies ahead of us in a million warm colors. A breathtaking sight. Suddenly music is played – Ed Sheeran with thinking out loud. As we look over a guy proposes to his girlfriend.

 

…Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love? Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks..

“What a coincidence!”, Doojoon says smiling before he faces the sunset. I just nod and look at him.

 

…and darling I will be loving you till we´re seventy…

“What a beautiful sight.”, he speaks with a tender voice. I nod once again as I still look at his dazzling profile being colored in the beautiful colors of Barcelona´s sunset.

 

…People fall in love in mysterious ways, maybe just the touch of the hand…oh, me I fall in love with you every single day…

 

“The most beautiful sight.”, I reply facing the man I love.

 

next chapter is going to be another doseob chapter. i´m going to continue junseung´s storyline in chapter 10 :). thank u for reading :)