Trust and control

A love like ember lights

Yoseob

The gently played music is overpowered by a loud applause.  Once again fate has brought two people together and Doojoon and I are silent witnesses of this beautiful event.

“Lucky guy.”, Doojoon speaks to me while looking at the couple, “She is a real beauty. Looks like that one Hollywood actress. What was her name again?”

He caught my special attention with the words “real beauty” and referring to a girl with those. I turn around and immediately have a good view of the “culprit”.

“Penelope Cruz. She looks like Penelope Cruz.”, I state dryly and check the woman up. Yes, she is pretty. Even I have to admit it. Suddenly I feel an arm wrapping around my neck and holding on to my shoulder. It´s Doojoon. At the point where parts of my back touch his chest I can feel his body heat. Faintly he smells of the cologne he usually puts on in the mornings.

“Let´s go.”, he whispers softly into my ear. Normally I would ask where we are heading to now, but I just lost all of my reasoning due to an overdose of the poison they call Doojoon. The power he already has over me is not to be taken lightly. So I find myself following him wordlessly. He smiles, laughs and talks on and on as we walk down the streets holding hands. The first streetlights are already switched on. I, myself am living in my own little bubble of blissful happiness so I have no eyes for my surroundings -  just for Doojoon. So I find myself taken by surprise as I realize that we are in front of our hotel.

“I want to get a change of clothes.”, Doojoon explains after seeing my surprised face. I smile and nod. Change of clothes makes perfectly sense. We have been running around all day in this heat. I should get changed as well or maybe…just maybe…we could shower together. Just imagining Doojoon´s body as he stands in the steamy bathroom arouses me. All my thoughts are filled with Doojoon as the elevator stops on our floor and it´s gates slide open.

With the opening of the gates I feel like our time freezes and everything what´s about to happen, happens in slow-motion.

Because with the opening of the elevator´s doors we saw them. A sight which might not be so unusual for westerners but to us it is the most unusual one – TWO MEN passionately making out in the hallway of our floor - most likely in front of their own hotel room.

“Disgusting.”, I hiss involuntarily and let go of Doojoon´s hand instantly. As I realize what I just did and said I look over to him immediately. But it is too late. The damage has happened already. He is still silently looking down on his hand - the hand I held all day long and now abandoned so easily. As Doojoon looks up to me – for a slight moment – I can see that he is hurt.

“That-“, he slightly points at the couple in the hallway, “-must have freaked you out.” The sound of his voice is heartbreaking. Doojoon´s following smile doesn´t reach his eyes.

“Go back downstairs. I´m going to get changed and meet you then.”, he says expressionlessly and leaves me behind. Before I can reply anything the doors of the elevator close. The image of Doojoon´s back and him walking away got stuck in my mind and burned in my hurt. What has gotten into me?! I most have been temporarily possessed or something. I start to bang my head against the cold metallic doors of the elevator- maybe that way I can beat some sense into myself.  

I´m still quietly whimpering as I reach the hotel lobby. Before my brain realized it my feet already brought me to the hotel bar. A drink. Right now, that´s what I need. A drink. So I head directly to the bar counter and sit down on a bar stool. The first drink I gulp down in no time. I hoped that it would put out the fire inside my heart but it didn´t.

The same goes for the second one. Only at the third drink I was man enough to face the situation. I made a stupid mistake and most probably hurt Doojoon´s feelings. Only yesterday evening I promised him that I would be the person to cease his loneliness. By letting go of his hand I feel like I betrayed him today. No..no..no. let me put it differently. By letting go of his hand I feel like I implied that what we are doing- holding hands and skin-shipping – was wrong and even more so disgusting. I sigh upon my conclusion and put my head on the bar counter. And Doojoon put so much effort into today – I’m an idiot. I take my phone out and let him know that I’m waiting in the hotel bar. No response.

Suddenly someone pokes me from behind. I lift my head up immediately and turn around. Contrary to my expectations it is not Doojoon but a group of Spanish girls. I knew that they were celebrating a bachelor´s party in the hotel bar but I haven´t paid them any attention so far. Five Penelope Cruzes are standing around me, wearing pink sashes and tiaras. All of them seem to be drunk and very very cheerful. Penelope No.1, who seems to be the maid of honor, starts to talk to me in English.

“Hi.”, she smiles, “We are selling her kisses. It is for a good purpose. With your money you would sponsor our bachelor´s party.” She pulls Penelope No.2 forward. Firstly she seems to be the bride-to-be and secondly she seems to be super embarrassed because she blushes in shame as she shyly looks up to me.

“Doesn´t she look pitiful? Our Bride?”, Penelope No.1 starts once again, “I still can´t believe that she is about to run into port. Although, she is still in the prime of her life. Such a waste.” Penelope No.1 pretends to cry in order to act out her pretended distress. Before she is able to proceed, Penelope No.3 interrupts her. Though she talks silently to the others I can still hear what she is talking about.

“This guy-“, she is looking in my direction, “-is staying on my floor. I saw him this morning.” She takes a little break before she continues, “ I saw him this morning with his Chinese boyfriend.” Instantly the group of girls turn silent.

Well. Doojoon is not Chinese and not my boyfriend. And I’m not Chinese either- are my thoughts as I look into indignant faces.

“Sorry, we didn´t know that you were gay.”, Penelope No.1 apologizes.

“I´m not gay.”, I state.

“Sure.”, she replies and leaves with the other girls.

But I’m not gay! The image of the two guys from before suddenly pops up in my mind. Yes, I really were disgusted as I saw them passionately making out. And yes, it freaked me out. But my feelings for Doojoon are an entirely different story. Yes, Doojoon is a man and yes I am a man, but still. Just the image of Doojoon´s body arouses me. I want to touch him and kiss him all over. I don´t see anything disgusting or scary in it. I also want him to touch me and kiss me and…yes. I´m even able to imagine taking the next step with Doojoon. Because he is special. Yes, I’m not gay, but I am a man who loves a man.

With a calm heart and a firm resolve I drink my third drink up and go upstairs to our room. As I open the door Doojoon is nowhere to be seen. I go inside and sit on the edge of our bed. The clothes he was wearing before are right next to me. So he changed and left. I close my burning eyes and start to rub them. A lot of things happened today. I take out my mobile phone and stare at its display. I have no new messages. Doojoon is obviously avoiding me. Quickly I abandon the attempt to text or call him.

Because I don´t know what to say in this kind of situation, like: those guys were disgusting, but you are not or it was not the act which was disgusting, those two were just exaggerating in short the way they were doing it in public was disgusting. I sigh.

Even to me it sounds like a bunch of pathetic excuses. If only Doojoon was here…I would definitively figure something out, but only god knows where Doojoon is and what he is doing. Heavy-heartedly I lie down and close my burning eyes. Without me realizing it I faded away into a restless sleep.

Sounds of different voices shake me out of my sleep. As I open my eyes the room is dark. Only the red light of the electric clock at my bedside illuminates a little corner of the bed. Impulsively I reach out my arm to the space next to me. As expected it is still empty. As I look at the time it is past midnight already: 0.23 am. The noise gets louder and louder. It is as if it is close by. Not just close by but in front of the door to our room. I turn on the table light and stand up. The closer I get to the door all the clearer I can hear. It´s Manager-Hyung´s voice and…and…a woman?!

As I open the door in order to get a grasp of the situation Manager-Hyung, a drunk and hardly walking Doojoon and a woman nearly fell into my arms. The woman was supporting Doojoon from one side and Manager-Hyung from the other. Instantly I gently but determinedly push her aside and hold on to Doojoon´s arm. He is barely able to walk and he stinks of alcohol. With a lot of effort Manager-Hyung and I are able to place him on to the armchair. Manager-Hyung is breathing hard and sweating as he finally has the time to take a breath. But all my attention is focused on the completely drunk man sitting in front of me and his outward-appearance which is a mess.

Despite the poor lighting in the room I can still see it. Things which make my blood boil in rage and jealousy. His black shirt is half-way ed so parts of his chest and his collarbone are exposed. His jeans pants are open and only his belt is provisionally holding everything together. And to top it all there are stains around his mouth, his neck and chest…even on his collarbone (!). Red stains. Lipstick stains!

I turn around and walk straight out of the room. I thought she had left but she is still standing in front of our door. The woman wearing a red lipstick. Penelope No.4. one of the girls I met earlier. The ones celebrating the bachelor´s party wearing tiaras and sashes. She looks worried as our eyes meet for the first time.

“Will he be ok? Did you guys had a fight.”, she asks nervously while trying to avoid my gaze. I nod as response as she looks up to me. An awkward silence follows and the atmosphere surrounding us turns ice-cold as I derogatively examine her from head to toe, thinking that those hands touched Doojoon and those lips caressed his skin. Obviously the situation makes her uncomfortable because she starts to move from one feet to the other.

“I know what you are thinking. But-but nothing happened with me and your boyfriend. I just tried to help him.”, she stutters nervously. So she knew what I was assuming. Interesting. Really interesting.

She tries to run off but I’m able to get a hold of her wrist. As I was about to say something the door behind me opens and Manager-Hyung gets out. He looks at us with big eyes.

“What´s going on?”, Manager-Hyung asks surprised.

“Nothing, Hyung. There was something I had to discuss with this girl. You go ahead and rest. You worked hard, Hyung.”, I answer trying to act calm and convincing.

“What is it you had to discuss with her?”, Hyung asks once again, “You should let go of her wrist.”

H-Y-U-N-G!!!! Why on earth do you care!!!! Just leave already!- is, what I was thinking.

A second later I reply:” Hyung, I’m afraid that this woman might have stolen Doojoon´s phone!” Thank god, I came up with a good excuse in this short amount of time. He looks at me and pulls up his eyebrows.

“I have Doojoon´s phone. Wait it is in my pocket.”, he says and tries to take out the phone. As soon as his attention is distracted I tighten the grip around No.4´s wrist and whisper coldly into her ear:

“Look, woman. I don´t like it when other people touch my stuff. This is my first and last warning. Don´t get near my boyfriend ever again.” I let go of her wrist. She seems to have understood as she runs off immediately.

“Here is Doojoon´s phone. Where did the woman go to.”, Hyung asks and gives me the phone.

Dunno.”, I reply and bow quickly.

Hyung is still wishing me a good night as I already close the door behind me. Doojoon is still sitting in the armchair. He looks quiet pitiful. Slowly I walk over. My eyes are glued to the stains on his body. I can´t tell if he is sleeping or not because his head is hanging. I stop right in front of him, our knees nearly touch as I examine the drunkard. Putting it mildly, I’m pissed off. My blood is still boiling and I don´t think that I will be able to recover from this shock anytime soon.

I grab onto his hair and pull his head up. Doojoon opens his bloodshot eyes and looks at me glassily. Obviously he is mentally absent. I let go of his hair and his head falls down again. Running around without me, drinking until you are unconscious, doing indecent stuff with a woman you don´t know- the list of your misdemeanors grew a lot today.

“Only yesterday you said that it takes more to seduce the great Doojoon, leader of beast. And look at you now.”

No response.

I go in to the bathroom and get a wet towel in order to wipe off the lipstick stains on Doojoon´s body. As I return he is still sitting in the armchair. The first time the towel touches his skin, Doojoon sighs contently.

“So, you are enjoying yourself!”, I hiss at him angrily. No response. I get more and more furious.

“Fine! Let´s see if you are going to enjoy this as well.” I tilt forward and instead of using the towel I use my tongue to remove the stain from his collarbone. He sighs again due to the warmth of my tongue. He gets goose bumps. Slowly I brush his already opened shirt to the sides so that the most part of his upper body is exposed. Due to the cold his n*pples get hard immediately. Gently I touch the left one. Except taking a deep breath there is no reaction from Doojoon. Once again I straighten up and look down on Beast´s leader-nim.

“The woman said she didn´t do anything to you, but there are stains all over your body and your pants are open.”, I interrogate the senseless leader.

No response. Instead Doojoon´s phone vibrates in my pocket. The illuminated display shows me a preview of a text-message. It is Hyunseung (!). Get a grip, stop drinking…

So Doojoon contacted Hyunseung. So Hyunseung knew what was going on between us today. I feel a little bit betrayed and even more jealous. Not just that I have to be on guard of women but also Hyunseung. I throw Doojoon´s phone on the bed and lean forward again. While I support my hands on the armrests, I tilt forward so that my cheek is touching his temple.

“Let me tell you something.”, I whisper into his ear with a voice as cold as ice, “ I might seem calm and composed to you but I´m not.” I gently bite his earlobe. “I admit that I was mistaken when I thought you were into me and flirting with me. Looking back it was just my wishful thinking, because I fell for you. But you know what?! I´m not going to stop until you fall for me, because I’m a man after all and we like to conquer.”

I slowly opening his belt and take his IT out, “The woman said that nothing happened between the two of you, but I need to see it for myself.” I start to move my hand slowly up and down, “You know the saying right? Trust is good but control is a better one.” Never thought that a unconscious man could get it up, but Doojoon got it hard and even released it into my hand.

“Oh my. I didn´t think that you were so easy to please, Joonie.”, I smile at him with my heart at ease, “It is thick.” I give him a quick kiss on his lips because I know that he is not going to remember anything tomorrow. “Don´t forget my declaration of war. I´m going to catch you and then you will be mine.”, I say as I stand up and walk away to wash my hands. The electronic clock at the bedside shows 1.00 am.

-

The next day Doojoon wakes up with the worst hangover ever and has no memories of his last night in Barcelona. He has no clue why he is wearing Yoseob´s Barca-underpants.

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :). next chapter will be about junseung :)

Please be aware that i don´t discriminate against anybody because of his place of origin, ethic or social origin. i just used the fact that for western people asian people look a lot alike and that for asian people westerners look a lot alike. the reason i mention and refer to a lot of women as penelope ist that penelope is so breathtakingly beautiful.