Source of irrationality

A love like ember lights

Same day in the afternoon

Hyunseung

I lean against the wall, slide down and sit down on the cold floor. There are still a couple of minutes left before dance practice starts. I haven´t seen the others the whole day so I wasn´t able to give Junhyung his jacket back. I wish I could just keep it but that is still impossible. I wonder what happened to Doojoon, Doongwoon and Yoseob after they ran away this morning.

 

I´m still hung over from yesterday´s drinking party and today´s activities added to my current fatigue. I sigh and start to rub my eyes. As I look on to my fingers I can see that I must have messed up my eyeliner. Well, whatever – is what I want to think but I just realized that Junhyung is going to participate in today´s practice. So I pull a wet tissue out of Junhyung´s jacket and try to fix my make up.

 

“Hyung? What are you doing?”, Doongwoon asks me out of nowhere and sits down next to me. He still looks terrible although he put some make up on as well. He is the first one to arrive.

 

“What is with your face?”, I ask bluntly as i´m still fixing my liner.

 

He sighs and ruffles through his hair. “I got annoyed because everybody was asking me if I was alright…”, the maknae answers and takes the wet tissue, “Let me help you before Junhyung Hyung comes in.”

 

I can feel my checks starting blush. Of course, I’m embarrassed because the maknae saw right through me and my actions. And of course I want to protest at first in order to restore my pride but there is no point in denying the obvious. So I just smile and nod as he leans forward. With one hand he gently secures my face – his hands are really soft and big- and with the other hand he gently wipes the eyeliner-mess away. We are so close that I can feel his warm breath on my face.

 

“SHAMELESS PLAYBOY! Kissing in the practice room in bright daylight! You have no shame whatsoever!”, Kikwang´s sudden loud and harsh voice takes both of us – me and Doongwoon – by surprise.

 

I´m so utterly perplexed that I’m lost for words. What is going on? And what is he talking about? Doongwoon gets his composure back rather quickly. He gets even closer to me and puts his hand on my thigh. A cool and arrogant smile forms on the maknae´s face as he looks up to a obviously angry Kikwang.

 

“Hyung. What we do in broad daylight is none of your business.”, Doongwoon answers in a fierce tone and sets a clear limit.

 

I can see how Kikwang is about to lose it again. His face turns red and he wants to respond something but is stopped by a back hug. Doojoon sneaked up on the dancer who is taken by surprise.

 

“Haven´t seen you in a while, my cute little Dongseang. I missed you.”, the leader says cutely and hugs him tighter.

 

Doongwoon´s grip on my thigh tightens suddenly. Obviously he is displeased by Doojoon´s actions but his poker-face remains.

 

“What is so cute about him?”, the maknae says suddenly, “Bulking up day and night – instead of calling him Kikwang Hyung, we should start calling him ‘The Incredible Hulk’!”

 

Doongwoon´s words hurt Kikwang. I can see it clearly in his face but he remains silent. I want to say something: like ‘Doongwoon you went too far’ or ‘Stop hurting him on purpose, you are acting like a spoiled brat’, but the way Doojoon looks at the young maknae stops me. Those are the same pitiful eyes he has shown me back in the days as he saw me with Junhyung´s clothes. They are silently saying ‘You are a goner.’.

 

I look over to the maknae. His make up is worn off, his eyes are still blood-shot, his dark circles could rival a black hole and he is pale. His usually radiant skin is now dull. He is suffering from this break up but there is no way off turning back now–maybe he wants Kikwang to detest him…maybe that is his plan.

 

“YAH! What are you guys doing?”, Yoseob yells jokingly as he enters the practice room. He  quickly walks up to Doojoon and Kikwang who are still hugging and pouts.

 

“Not fair! I want to hug too!”, Yoseob acts cutely much to all our surprise. The vocalist is usually not the type to randomly do aegyo around his team members. Doojoon lets go of Kikwang and pushes the dancer gently forward so that he falls into Yoseob´s arms.

 

“You can hug him. He needs to be hugged.”, Doojoon answers colly and starts to stretch.

 

Yoseob who looks perplexed doesn´t hug Kikwang and walks up to Doojoon and starts to stretch next to him.

 

“Where is Seyeon?”, he asks curiously while he completely ignored the rest of us.

 

“I send her home. She looked tired.”, Doojoon answers shortly.

 

As I look over to the open door I can see Junhyung standing in the door frame. He is staring down at the phone in his hand. I want to call out to him but I don´t have the courage.

 

“Hyung? Aren´t you coming in?”, Doongwoon´s voice brings me back to reality. As soon as I realize that I have been staring at Junhyung I find myself blushing again. The maknae takes his hand from my thigh as soon as he notices Junhyung staring at it.

 

The rapper slowly enters the room and walks up to us. For a second he looks over to Kikwang who started stretching in the opposite corner of the room- far away from us, especially from Doongwoon. The rapper seems nervous as he faces us.

 

“Did one of you enter the small recording studio this morning?”, the rapper asks suddenly without saying hi. He is tensed up. Something must have happened in the studio this morning…

 

Doongwoon and I just shake our heads. The same goes for Kikwang who was listening to our conversation.

 

“Why? Did something happen?”, Doojoon wants to know and stops his stretching.

 

“No. Nothing. Never mind.”, Junhyung drops the topic while pretending to be cool about it. But Doojoon sees right through his act.

 

“Junhyung? Can you help me stretch?”, Yoseob asks suddenly and looks up to the rapper. The later just nods a second later and walks over to him.

 

Junhyung? Can you help me stretch?- words I couldn´t bring myself to say Yoseob says with ease… As I look up to Doojoon his pokerface doesn’t give away his feelings but regarding his clenched fist- he is not pleased either. Like I guessed, the whole dating thing is fake.

 

I sigh and get up. As soon as I want to tart stretching as well our Road-Manager-Hyung enters the practice room.

 

“Ah Hyung. How are you?”, Doojoon asks friendly.

 

“I´m fine. Fine. But guys! There is something I need to discuss with you. And it is sort of urgent.”, he answers while grasping for breath.

 

“What is it, hyung?”, the leader asks worried.

 

“There is a problem with the hotel we are going to stay for the period of the concert. The hotel is overbooked so there won´t be enough rooms. Because it is short notice we weren´t able to find another hotel so instead of each of you getting your own room, two of you will have to share a room with a double bed.”

 

A long silence follows. At least the four of us me, Doojoon, Doongwoon and Kikwang know the consequences of sharing a room in our current state.

 

“So?”, Manger Hyung starts and takes out a paper and a pencil, “Who is going to share a room with each other?”, he asks bubbly.

 

“Me and Hyunseung Hyung are going to share a room!”, Doongwoon states without any hesitation.

 

“NO!”, Kikwang yells suddenly causing everyone to look at him.

 

“Why?”, Doongwoon asks teasingly which causes the small dancer to turn red from anger.

 

“Enough already you two!”, Doojoon stops them before the situation gets out of hand, “I´m going to share a room with Doongwoon. Sometimes the leader needs to put a stop to the mischievous behavior of the cute little maknae.”

 

“NO!”, Yoseob suddenly burst into the conversation, “I want to share a room with you!”

 

“Maybe next time.”, Doojoon who was also surprised by Yoseob´s sudden interaction says in a gentle tone and ruffles through Yoseob´s hair. “Maybe..”, he whispers once again but with a strange sadness in his voice.

 

“I´m going to share a room with Hyunseung.”, he said without a warning and my heart stopped for a second as I understood the meaning of his words. I need to oppose! Oh lord, please no. I want to oppose because my brain tells me to.

 

But the heart follows no logic so I find myself nodding in agreement.

 

And as I watch Manager Hyung writing my name next to his name –like in a wedding invitation – I know that I´m going to share a room with the source of my irrationality.

 

hi everybody^^. i hope you are going to enjoy this chapter.:). Who do you guys think the cell phone culprit might be? :) and why do you think so? please feel free to comment. have a nice week :*