Morning madness

A love like ember lights

The next morning

Kikwang is looking out of the window and listening to his music while his Manager-Hyung is driving. Before his first schedule he plans on going to the gym. That is what he is thinking of as he watches the scenery pass by. The weather has gotten hotter recently so the girls started to wear miniskirts. Kikwang doesn´t know why but he can´t enjoy this sight. He remembers a time he used to anticipate the hot season and pretty girls wearing miniskirts and stuff, but…well…for a reason he doesn´t know this year is different. Everthing changed all of a sudden and although Kikwang should feel like the luckiest person on earth after Doongwoon stopped to harass him – he doesn´t.

As his thoughts were drifting far away the young dancer didn´t realize at first that his Hyung was taking another route this morning – not the route directly to the gym, but to another familiar place. A couple of minutes later the car stops in front of Hyunseung´s house.

“We are going to pick … up … then … the gym.”, Manager-Hyung turns around says while trying to face Kikwang. Due to his in-ear headphones Kikwang on the other hand just hears fragments of his Hyung´s words. So they are picking up Hyunseung-Hyung – is what he is assuming. Instantly the image of Doongwoon holding Hyunseung´s hand and li*king his fingers pops up in his mind.

A split second later the door opens and a half dead Doongwoon collapses into the back seat right next to dumfounded Kikwang. Without saying anything the maknae closes the door and covers his eyes. He seems to be hung-over. Kikwang just keeps staring and staring at him. Of course the dancer didn´t miss out the point that Doongwoon is still wearing the same clothes he wore yesterday and to make matters worse they picked him at someone else´s place.

“You look like sh*t.”, Kikwang whispers and takes his headphones out. Those are the first words he has spoken to the maknae ever since he left the gentlemen´s bathroom two days ago.

Doongwoon who is still protecting his eyes against the bright sunshine doesn´t respond what irritates Kikwang even more.

 

“Did you go out drinking yesterday?”, the dancer asks once again. But this time you can hear some annoyance swinging with it.

 

Doongwoon sighs but doesn´t answer again.

 

A long silence follows. With every minute spend in silence Doongwoon´s ignorance annoys Kikwang more and more.

 

Finally Kikwang snaps. “You are pathetic!”, Kikwang hisses at the maknae.

 

“Why the hell do you even care?”, is the answer Kikwang receives from the youngest Beast member, “just shut up and let me be, Hyung.”

 

Kikwang struggles to stay calm and composed. If Manager-Hyung were not around, Kikwang had most probably punched him by now. What the heck is with that guy´s attitude?!

“What is with your rotten attitude?!”, Kikwang asks  completely pissed off.

 

“Sorry. But I drank too much and Hyunseung´s bed was too narrow. So I didn´t sleep so well.”, Doongwoon whispers and sounds indifferent.

Kikwang swallows hard as he starts to comprehend Doongwoon´s statement. All off a sudden his annoyance reaches a new peak.

“Good for you. You found a replacement for me rather quickly.”, although he tried to sound uncaring his voice cracked in the middle of the sentence.

For the first time ever since he got in the car Doongwoon looks up to the dancer. As soon as their eyes meet Kikwang avoids Doongwoon´s gaze and looks out off the window. The dancer´s ears are red due to his anger. Kikwang doesn´t know why he is so angry or why he said the things he said. He doesn´t even know why he left the recording session yesterday just like that. But there was something about Doongwoon´s behavior yesterday and even today he hated – something painful .

“Everybody is replaceable.”, Doongwoon says suddenly and rips Kikwang cruelly out of his thoughts. In shock the dancer turns around and faces Doongwoon. The maknae has deep dark circles and blood-shot eyes. Usually there was this light inside his eyes whenever he would look at Kikwang. A warm and caring light but this light seems to be gone. As soon as he realizes it a sharp pain pierces through Kikwang´s heart. Doongwoon watches him curiously. He is unable to make head or tail of Kikwang´s behavior.

“So? What are you trying to say?”, Kikwang hisses at Doongwoon and looks over to the driving Manager-Hyung. He doesn´t seem to be hearing any of the conversation.

 

“Nothing.”, the maknae answers bluntly.

 

“It didn´t sound like ‘nothing’ to ME!”, Kikwang bursts out.

 

This time there is no response. Instead Doongwoon takes his phone out and is just about to open his kakao-talk as Kikwang whips it out of the maknae´s hand.

 

“Hyung! What on earth do you want?! Just let me be and mind your own business!”, Doongwoon answers angrily while taking his phone back.

 

“Mind my own business?!”, Kikwang pants with rage and continues, “ Do you really think I would just sit still, lean back and watch you torture another victim?! I will protect Hyunseung Hyung!”

 

Doongwoon swallows soundly as soon as he hears the words `torture`and ‘victim’. So that is Kikwang´s view point. They really never dated. Suddenly Doongwoon feels even more miserable and it takes him a lot of afford to put up a big front.

 

“I´m pretty skilled.”, he then says coolly, “I made sure Hyunseung Hyung enjoyed himself to the fullest.” A mischievous smile follows his last sentence.

 

For a second Kikwang is lost for words but as soon as he regains his composure he answers with a cracking voice: “You b*stard! You, frivolous demon, screw anything with a heartbeat!”

 

Doongwoon chuckles bitterly.

 

“Hyunseung Hyung is not just ‘anything with a heartbeat’! He is a real beauty with a slim body and is cute as hell. I have a thing for cuties~”, he says while smiling.

 

The agitated dancer is just about to say something as the Manager calls out to him.

“Kikwang-ah. We arrived. I pick you up in two hours.”

 

Kikwang looks out of the window and recognizes the familiar building. He didn´t even realize that the car stopped.

“So you are going to work out, Hyung?”, the maknae asks innocently, “ Bulking up again?”

 

Kikwang takes his stuff and is already out of the car as he hears the maknae´s last sentence.

“… you are so not cute.”

The dancer slams the door shut and marches hard to the gym. Doongwoon´s words cut deep into his heart.

 

Same morning somewhere else in Seoul

 

Doojoon

 

*poke*

--

*poke*

--

*poke* *poke* *poke* *poke* *poke*

“YAH!!!!!!!!”, I scream and lift my head up, “Do you have a death wish or what?!!” The second I move my head I´m struck by a sharp pain and dizziness. The bright sunshine burns in my eyes and I feel nauseous. I drank too much. Definitely drank too much yesterday. I close my eyes and try to not move so my stomach has an opportunity to settle down.

*poke*

*poke* *poke*

[pause]

*poke* *poke* *poke*

 

Alright I don´t care anymore, I’m going to kill whoever dared to wake me up. So I reach out my hand and search for the intruder. As soon as I get a hold of somebody´s whrist I drag him/her/it into my bed. Unexpectedly the other person doesn´t fight back. Obediently he/she/it lets himself be dragged into my bed. At this point I should have known better. Way better. My instincts should have told me that something was fishy but they didn’t. So we ended up lying in the same bed.

I was so beaten up when I got home this morning that I just slept with nothing but my pants on. Therefore now I’m lying on my back with more or less wearing nothing. A light warm body is sitting on top of me. I should open my eyes but the sun is just too bright. The person on top of me leans forward and I can feel something tickling my chest.

“FU-fu-fu leader-nim-“, she says, “

A thrill runs through my spine as soon as I hear the familiar voice. In shock I force my eyes to open and instantly see the devil´s smile. Quickly she brushes the straps of her shirt and bra to the sides so that her shoulders are . As she leans even further her long silky hair gently brushes my cheek and ear.

Her warm breath tickles me as she whispers into my ear: “I told you, right? I will make you regret ever looking down on me. You are no match-“

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING!!!!”, the sound of his familiar voice makes my heart stop. As I look up to Seyeon she gives me a satisfied smile. This woman knew. It was obviously some part of a plan.

But not in my backyard! I won´t play along! I will teach her that she shouldn´t underestimate Yoon Doojoon, the almighty leader of Beast!

So I get a good grip on her slim hips, sit up, twist her around and push her down on my bed. Now I’m on top and she lies on her back. Her shocked facial expression tells me that she didn´t see this coming. Adrenaline rushes through my vains.

“YAH! Doojoon!!!! Doojoon!!! What are you doing?!”, Yoseob´s voice is cracking as he quickly steps up to the bed. He is already by my side and reaching his hand out to me as I finally address him heads on.

“Shouldn´t you knock next time?”, I say with a calm voice and a smirk. Seyeon´s almond shaped eyes stare at me in disbelief. You won´t have your way woman! Not as long as I’m around!

“Doojoon.”, Yoseob says nearly whimmering, “What are you doing?”

His hand on my shoulder feels warm and painful at the same time. You can´t force anybody to love you. Those were my own words. Therefore it is time to give you up, Yoseob. Finally.

Thank you, Seyeon for giving me this opportunity.

“Why? What´s wrong with cuddling with your own girlfriend in the morning?”, I say bluntly, turn around and give Yoseob the best smile I’m able to come up with.

A long silence follows. Yoseob looks at me and then at Seyeon. After the first shock and for just a slight moment he looks sad. It was such a short amount of time that I didn´t catch up on it. Yoseob like the cute and bubbly person he is smiles at me brightly. He narrowed his eyes to narrow slits. What I couldn´t possible know is, that he feared the look in his eyes might give his true feelings away.

“Congratulations Hyung! You should have told me.”, he says cutely and gives me a little wink. He usually doesn´t call me Hyung…

“Thank you.”, I say and avoid his gaze. Seyeon who in the meanwhile found her composure back tries to protest but as soon as she starts to say something I smack my lips onto hers. She widens her eyes in shock and I can clearly hear Yoseob dashing out of my room.

As soon as he left the room I let go of Seyeon.

“What on earth are you doing?! I´m never going to go out with you!”, she screams furiously.

I get up, walk over to my closet, pull a shirt out and put it on. Seyeon is still cursing at me.

“Silence, woman!”, I call out to her sternly, “ You started this game and now you are dancing in the palm of MY hand!”

“That´s what you think!”, she laughs loudly,” Who do you think you are?!”

“Well, for starters: I´m Yoon Doojoon, a member and leader of Beast and you are Choi Seyeon, a stuff member.”, I state calmly, “ And in your employment contract there is this little but significant clausal. The employee is not allowed to involve himself/herself in a romantic relationship with an artist. Furthermore the penalty for a breach of contract is unemployment.”

Seyeon who finally understood the situation she was in is speechless.

“So, woman.”, I say with a satisfied smile, “Be a good girl now.”

At the same time in Junhyung´s car

“So instead of Manager-nim you came to pick me up?”, I try to confirm once again. It was quite a shock to see Junhyung first thing in the morning.

“Yes. That´s what you get for not finishing the recording yesterday!”, Junhyung answers obviously pissed off, “You reek of alcohol. How much did you guys drink yesterday! Do you know how shocked I was when I got back with Seyeon and you guys were gone?!”

Seyeon again?

“So you were together with Seyeon yesterday?”, I ask bitterly.

“Yes. She was doing the fitting with me in the dressing room!”, he says and turns right. The traffic light ahead of us turns yellow so Junhyung slows down.

“So you guys were alone in the dressing room again?”, I don´t know what has gotten into me but now it is too late. I can´t take my words back.

“What´s your point?!”, Junhyung asks annoyed while catching up to the tone of my voice.

“There is a rumor floating around.”, I say touchily.

“What rumor?”, Junhyung asks in disbelief and looks over to me. Hi eyebrows are contracted and you can see a fine line in the middle. He smells nice and looks fabulous this morning. Especially, when he is driving his hotness increases drastically.

As I was about to talk myself even further into trouble my phone starts ringing. It is Yoseob. I pick up quickly.

“Hmm, Yoseob. What is it?”, I ask. It is rare for Yoseob to call me so early in the morning.

“You knew, right?!”, he asks and rises his voice.

“What?”, the tone of his voice startled me.

“Don´t take me for an idiot!”, the usually cute dancer suddenly screams into my ear, “You guys have been very secretive lately. And now I finally know why!”

The phone nearly dropped out of my hand. How the hell did Yoseob find it out? Did Doojoon say something?!

“Seobie, calm down-“

“Don´t call me Seobie! I´m going to tell Junhyung and the others!”, Yoseob screams a last time before hanging up on me.

In shock I stare down on my phone. It´s display´s light goes out. Suddenly I feel like throwing up.

Ring. Ring.Ring.

“Don´t-“, I try to stop Junhyung but it is too late.

“Seobie?”, Junhyung says, “What?!”

Junhyung looks over to me.

“What is Doojoon thinking?! No! I didn´t know!!!”, Junhyung answers Yoseob in disbelief, “Ah. Ok. I can pick you up. Wait for us.”

Then he hangs up. I do not dare to look over to Junhyung. It is game over. The rapper turns his car and starts driving the opposite direction.

“We are going to pick Yoseob up .”, he says calmly, “Seems like Doojoon started dating Seyeon-ah.”

merry christmas to everyone :). i hope you will enjoy this chapter :)