My Man and a new Rival

A love like ember lights

Hyunseung

Maybe I was going a little bit overboard just now but I´m anxious. Greedy, anxious and permanently stressed out because I live in fear- the fear of losing Junhyung once again- to a girl. Sometimes just random horror scenarios will pop up in my mind like Junhyung needs something like Q-tips and goes to the convenience store but it is closed due to construction-works and then it starts to rain but he forgot his umbrella and a cute girl offers him to share hers and then they start talking and she finds out that he needs Q-tips but the convenience store is closed so she offers him to come over to her place because she has a lot of Q-tips. Of course the polite Junhyung wouldn´t turn her down and he is of need of Q-tips. So they go over to the girl´s place for Q-tips, but as God wills she ran out of Q-tips just this morning but completely forgot about it (WELL played girl!! Well played! Epic clap). Then it starts to pour down and the girl asks him to stay over and he says yes, but there is only one bed and it is freaking cold in her room because she turned the heater off pretending it is broken. So they snuggle together under the blanket and then one thing leads to another and they get married! With two kids and a house and a dog and an allotment!!!! Voila, my worst case scenario!

“Yah! Yang Hyunseung! How long are you going to pretend that you are not hearing me? I´m talking to you! What on earth are you thinking about?”, Doojoon calls out to me seemingly pissed off of my ignorance. He is still holding onto my wrist. As I slowly start to snap out of my thoughts I realize that Doojoon and I have been staying in this awkward constellation for around a couple of minutes. A few meters away Kikwang, Doongwoon and Yoseob started to stretch and warm up for the upcoming dance practice. When I look over to them my eyes meet Yoseob´s half worried half questioning glance. He seems to be unable to make head or tail of this situation.  

“Beauties.”, I answer shortly and signal him to let me go. The annoyed leader rolls his eyes as he says: “Maybe you are able to fool others with this empty phrase of yours but not me, Jang Hyunseung. Not me.” His stern glance pierces right through me but he lets go of my arm. “Even I can tell by now when you are burning with jealousy. It is so obvious to the eye. You are not much of a mystery anymore, Hyunseung-sshi. ”, he whispers secretly. His outburst leaves me speechless. I´m an emotional wrack, I guess…five years of unrequited love started to eat up my soul- bit by bit. I sigh. I´m getting a headache. There is no end to this day- is what I was thinking as Doojoon nudges me with his elbow signaling me that Junhyung and the new stylist-woman are coming over to us.

“Brace yourself.”, whispers Doojoon but i´m not listening. With an expressionless face and a burning heart I started to check up this new chick which hurry-scurries around my man. Junhyung on the other side seems to be enjoying himself and the attention he gets because he can´t get that goofy grin of off his face. How I wish I could just simple go over and punch it out of him- that stupidly smile of his!

That devil which disguised herself as a stylist- that´s what I´m going to see her as until I decide otherwise- is petite with long straight shiny brown hair. Her eyes are of light brown color, big and almond shaped. Her skin is pale and looks healthy. Her lips are plump and are of a pale pinkish color. No matter how you look at it this girl is pretty. As if that was not enough she is a real cutie with those aegyo bags, that dimple on the right side of her face and those cute freckles. This girl is dangerous- is what my intuition is telling me as she unintentionally awakened my memories of Junhyung´s ex-girlfriend- my nemesis.

“Hyunseung-shi?”, the girl speaks up to me with a soft and melodic voice. When did she get here- is my first thought as she “suddenly” popped up in front of me- I mean I saw her coming but still. I thought that she would talk to Doojoon first or something. Junhyung followed her like a loyal puppy- what pisses me off- and is now standing between us- what makes me extremely stupidly happy. Because I get another opportunity to stay close to him so I can smell his distinctive scent and feel his body heat through his clothes. During the years of unrequited love I started to learn to take and appreciate the things which are offered. Sad- pretty pathetic- but true. As I’m not showing any reaction to the stylist woman´s approach- because I was mentally straying from the subject- she clears .

“Hyunseung-shi? I´m Choi Seyeon, a new member of the stylist team. I´m really sorry that i´m introducing myself so late. Because Hyunseung-shi was busy preparing for his solo activities that I wasn´t able to to introduce myself earlier.”, Seyeon says with a cute little smile and a polite bow.

“Ahh- really.”, I stumble not knowing what to say, “I´m Jang Hyunseung. I´ll be in your care.” Her cheeks start glowing from within and her eyes get crescent-shaped as she gives me a charming smile. Quickly I gaze over to Junhyung and as expected- there is this stupid grin of his´ again. Choi Seyeon- this girl is really dangerous. While I was glaring at Junhyung the girl suddenly starts to giggle cutely.

Shyly and with blushed cheeks she then says: “ No…no…no. I´ll be in your care. Hyunseung-sunbae-nim is really handsome.”

I don´t know what has gotten into me as I reply: “You can call me Oppa.”

Her eyes widen in astonishment so do Junhyung´s. Shortly after my proposal her face turns bright red. She just nods in agreement and runs off.

“What was that all about?”, Junhyung hisses at me the second Seyeon leaves the practice room. Our eyes meet as I turn over to him- he has been glaring at me. More so he seems to be annoyed and THAT annoys me! So I start to glare back at him. Don´t tell me that this stupid man has fallen head over heels for this new stylist-woman! I need to get to the bottom of this.

“She is cute.”, I state carefully and calculating while waiting for Junhyung´s reaction.

“Don´t state the obvious, babo.”, he replies smirking.

BINGO!!!

My mind runs wild whereas my heart collapses like a house of cards. I try to put the fragments together. Ok. I need to breathe. BREATHE! Ok. Firstly Taejoo tells me that there might be a woman who is causing Junhyung sleepless nights and who inspired him to write this new song about leaving for work or something along these lines. As far as I remember aegyo was a crucial factor Taejoo mentioned. Secondly Junhyung´s complexion looks really bad today. He even has deep dark circles under his eyes what confirms Taejoo´s statement so far. And lastly Junhyung acting like a lovestruck little puppy and even getting jealous. I´m doomed. I´m going to lose him once again…to a girl!

“Yah! Hyunseung-ah! Is your brain looping the loop again or what?!”, Junhyung snaps at me. He starts to wave his hand in front of my eyes. “No matter how much time passes I still can´t figure you out!”, he says and adds fuel to the fire.

“So what? I thought I made it quite plain that I want her to call me Oppa. Why do you think I suggested that in the first place?”, I snap back. Junhyung contracts his eyebrows as he is speechless due to my sudden outburst what pisses me off even more. Why does he even care so much for her?

“I want to be close to her because she seems to be cute. Her aegyo is killing.”, I say mischievously while faking a smile.

“Don´t tell me she is your type?!”, Junhyung asks in disbelief.

“Who knows?” I reply with a slight shrug of the shoulders. Like hell is she my type! You are my type! But if she is your type then she is my type as well! I´m not going to give up just like that. I will put up a good fight! I´m not going to endure torture and misery again just because you started to date a woman- again!- is how my heart was feeling.

“Wah! Jang Hyunseung! You have grown into a real man, I guess. Cutting straight to the point.”, Junhyung utters astounded.

Usually I would be lost for words and hate my not so quick-witted self but today is different.

“Yes. I´m a man! So what?! I´m going to go for her so stay put and don´t meddle in!”,- what on earth am I talking about!!!!! I must have gone out of my mind! I´m crazy! AHHH! I feel like face-palming myself with an anvil. Anyone please save me…T.T

“YAH! You two! Are you guys fighting again?!”, Yoseob´s piercing voice (thank heavens) saves me from this uncomfortable conversation. “And YOU! Doojoon-shi! Don´t you consider yourself the leader? Shouldn´t you intervene?”, he snaps at Doojoon who was standing next to me for all this time. Doojoon seems to be caught off guard by Yoseob´s little outburst. He then suddenly hugs me much to Yoseob´s surprise.

“Hyunseung was acting so cute.”, Doojoon replies cutely while pinching my cheek- what surprised all three of us- me, Yoseob and Junhyung. Cute? What has gotten into Doojoon?

“Cute?!”, Junhyung shrugs off Doojoon´s statement just like that, “Nice joke. Hyunseung is not cute at all. Speaking of which! Here-“, he casually puts his arm around Yoseob and pulls the singer to his chest, “- Yoseob is the cutest.” The singer blushes suddenly due to Junhyung´s unexpected confession. “Look how cutely he blushes.”, the rapper adds. Doojoon hugs me tighter as he watches Yoseob and Junhyung. I can feel his muscles getting stiffer. He seems to be tensed up even though it doesn´t show on his face. An awkward silence follows. I tense up as well. Whether female or male I don´t like anyone touching my man!

“Yah! You four over there! How about dance practice?! We- Doongwoon and me- are also very busy!”, Kikwang yells out of the blue and breaks the silence.

“Hyung. Don´t yell.”, Doongwoon says soothingly. The second Kikwang wants to argue back Doojoon lets go of me and turns around.

“You guys sure are lively after “dissolving your constipations”.”, Doojoon answers teasingly what causes Kikwang and Doongwoon to blush crimson. So Doojoon knows about them- is what I was thinking as Yoseob frees himself from Junhyung´s embrace and innocently asks: “So you guys were in a bad mood and fighting because you were constipated?”

The maknae and his lover start to chuckle awkwardly but nod in agreement.

“Pathetic. Take better care of your health!”, Yoseob nags them.

“Pathetic.”, is the only thing Junhyung has to say to this matter.

“Well then. Let´s start practice. I´m busy, too. You know?”, Doojoon say enthusiastically while clapping his hands.

-

Practice passed by quickly. Junhyung was the first one to dash out in a hurry. As I left I saw him talking to Seyeon-shi in the hallway. I wanted to go over and meddle in their conversation but Manager-nim stopped me in order to drive me home. Frustrated I left Cube entertainment.

“Manager-nim?”, I start carefully trying to act indifferent.

“Hmm?”

“The new stylist, Choi Seyeon-shi…”, I say appraisingly.

“Hmm…what´s with her?”

“I was thinking…She is new and inexperienced. How about her following us and my stylist around?”, I suggest with a shaken voice.

“Why?”

Of course, so that Junhyung doesn´t get caught in her spiderweb! I don´t want her to loiter around Junhyung when i´m not around. She is dangerous!

“We all started like that. I just want to be a good sunbae for my hoobae.”, I lie.

“I going to look into it. We arrived at your place. Tomorrow morning at 5 am I´m going to pick you up.”

“Ok.”, I say while getting out of the car. I´m dead tired as I open the door to our house. No one is in. I take a shower and drop dead into my bed.

-

Around 5 a.m

It was a restless night. I kept on having nightmares about Junhyung and that woman. I´m tired. Thoughts of them meeting up at Cube entertainment keep popping up inside my head. I can see them in front of my inner eyes: talking, giggling and skin shipping (!). One day my jealousy will drive me mad. Seriously.

As I open the front door to go out, a pair of familiar crescent-shaped eyes and a happy smile awaits me.

“Good morning, Oppa. I´ll be in your care.”, Seyeon greets me bubbly.

thank you for subscribing to my story and all your nice comments--i get really motivated~~Junseung is still sailing so let´s keep calm and ship Junseung \(^_^)/