Good luck

A love like ember lights

Junhyung

“Where is everyone?”,  I ask surprised as I enter a nearly empty recording room. Yoseob who was angrily typing something into his Smartphone looks up to me and gives me angry looks.

“What is it? What happened? Where are the others?”, I ask once again.

“Like hell I know!”, the usually cute singer suddenly bursts out. Obviously he is completely pissed off by this situation. “As I came back from the bathroom no one was around! Taejoo said that Doojoon took Hyunseung and Doongwoon out for drinks!!!!! And then he called it a day and went home as well!”

All of a sudden I’m lost for words. What is wrong with everybody?! We are planning to release an album this summer but Kikwang just left suddenly and those three just set off on their own without finishing the song. The more I think about it the more I get pissed off as well.

“Aish~! What the hell is wrong with everybody!”, I say with frustration and anger.

“YEAH!”, Yoseob agrees, “I feel the same way!!! Why the hell did they leave us out! Why the hell did he take Hyunseung and not me!”

“What are you talking about?”, I ask completely baffled about his last remark. He seems also shocked about his last sentence because he is left speechless at first. Then he blushes and looks down on the ground in order to avoid my questioning gaze.

“Nothing in particular.”, he whispers and continues to write his message.

What on earth is going on? And where is Seyeon?

 

Doojoon

This woman did that on purpose! I look over to Hyunseung who is still standing in the separated room for voice recording. He looks like a deer caught in the headlights of an approaching car – shocked, afraid and in despair. I wished he hadn’t heard it but he obviously did or else he wouldn´t fall apart in front of my eyes. I sigh and get up. Before I know what I’m doing I grab Seyeon´s arm and drag her out of the room.

She is so surprised that she doesn´t even fight back as I force her into one of the other rooms next door. I push her in and lock the door behind me. I can faintly hear Yoseob´s voice from the hallway. He must be searching for me or for Seyeon or for both of us – only god knows why he followed us outside. I´m thankful, that the young stylist didn´t scream or talk. Or else she might have given our location away to Yoseob. And the things I’m going to say to Seyeon are not meant for other ears- especially not Yoseob´s.

I turn around to face the petite stylist who is watching me curiously with her almond shaped eyes. She seems to be calm and composed, although I dragged her out without a warning. She smiles at me as soon as our eyes meet. Her attitude really starts to annoy me.

“Is there a problem, Doojoon-shi?”, she asks me innocently and keeps on smiling so her dimple is visible. Instead of returning her smile I eye her suspiciously.

“You are the problem, Seyeon-shi.”, I answer bluntly and try to make my voice as cold sounding as possible.

Her annoying smile instantly fades away and she looks surprised by my straight forwardness.

“Listen, woman! I don´t know what you have been up to but stop it immediately!”, I hiss at her and while I was speaking I started to walk up to her. The closer I got to her the more she stepped back until she reached the wall behind her. Now there is no space left for her to avoid me.

I stop a few inches in front of her. She starts to breathe faster most likely because I’m too intimidating, but I couldn´t care less about some random woman´s feelings. Especially after today- after I witnessed the turmoil she caused in the recording room just now and the trouble she caused yesterday as she leeched on Kikwang.

“I-I-I don´t know what you are talking about?”, she stutters with teary eyes and a cracking voice. I should feel bad about myself for putting her into this sort of situation, but I just can´t and immediately Hyunseung´s pain struck face pops up in my mind.

“Don´t act the innocent, woman! I know what you did. Don´t leech onto one of the members and cause a turmoil within the team!”, I snap at her and slam my hand on to the wall right next to her face. She winces due to my sudden outburst. And for a couple of seconds it remains silent in the small empty conference room.

“Fu-fu-fu. I didn´t know you where feeling so passionately about me, leader-nim?!”, she suddenly says with an evil smirk on her face. As she finally looks up to me I’m completely surprised by her sudden change in attitude. It is like a switch got flipped. There are no traces of her usual cuteness and innocence which she usually displayed so skillfully left. I take a step back reflexively.

“I don´t know what you are talking about, but I like Hyunseung Oppa. I won´t give up on him until I can claim him as mine! Cost what it may!”, Seyeon says determinedly and steps forward. This time it is my turn to take a step back, which amuses her obviously, because she starts to smile mischievously.

“What sort of game are you playing, woman?!”, I ask her fiercely but keep on stepping back as she slowly approaches me. Talking about liking Hyunseung and stuff – what is going on inside her head?

“Sort of game you ask?”, she chuckles, “ Isn´t this an old game? A woman falls for a guy and in order to make him fall for her she uses the weapons of a woman, like for example jealousy. I thought you knew. I mean it is obvious, isn´t it?”

I start to laugh loudly. Laugh and laugh. It is just too funny. This whole situation is just hilarious. She was trying to make Hyunseung jealous and yes she was successful. It went like she had planed it. No doubt, Hyunseung is about to lose his mind due to his jealousy but well there is a fly in the ointment! And that is the funny part of the story!

“YAH! Why the hell are you laughing!”, Seyeon yells at me who can´t stop laughing. She isn´t concerned about her image anymore as she carelessly displays her foul mouth.

“Oh my. Oh my.”, I say and fight for breath, “Good luck with your plan.” There is nothing else I could possible say to her in this sort of situation. No way on earth Hyunseung would ever fall for her. Seyeon already had lost the game before it even started. Sooner or later she might realize it as well.

“YAH! Are you looking down on me?! I will make you regret –“, she cat-calls at me but I’m already out of the door so the rest of her sentence goes down.

As I enter the recording room next door Yoseob is still not back, but Hyunseung and Doongwoon sit on the sofa looking like a picture of misery.

“Taejoo? Let´s call it a day.”, I suggest and Taejoo just nods in reply.

“You two follow me.”, I order Hyunseung and Doongwoon who get up immediately and follow me out of the room.

“Where are you taking us, Hyung?”, Doongwoon asks lifelessly.

“The paradise for broken hearted guys like us.”, I reply and put my arm around his shoulders, “A bar.”

 

Hyunseung

The bar Doojoon was talking about was a small run down pub on the outskirts of the town. There were just a few people and most of them were ahjusshis and elderly people who didn´t recognize us as we walked in. I sort of understand now why he brought us here.

We have been drinking bottle after bottle ever since we got here two hours ago. No one said a word. Except one time Doojoon told us not to answer Yoseob´s calls and messages. Since we have left the company the singer spammed us with mails. But judging by Doojoon´s facial expression he included himself as well when he was talking about us as broken hearted guys needing a break.

So now we are sitting here in the backmost corner of this old run-down pub drinking to our hearts contend and sighing constantly.

“Did you guys have a fight?”, I suddenly break the silence and face Doongwoon who was staring into blank space. He seems to be surprised for a second but he finds his composure quickly.

“You knew?”, he answers and clears his throat, “I mean, you knew about us?”

I nod.

“Did we freak you out?”, he asks with a cracking voice.

“No.”, I whisper softly and give him a smile.

He nods and looks down. He has been playing with his empty soju glass for a while now.

“Hyung? How was your trip to Spain?”, the maknae asks softly without looking up.

Doojoon chuckles and brushes throw his hair.

“Torture.”, the leader answers shortly. A couple of minutes no one says a word and Doojoon continues:” I must be a masochist. Really, I like to torture myself. It took me everything I got to not jump him and take him by force. And he acted so carelessly around me – it was literally painful to not just do him. Although the bathtub was so small he suggested that we soak in together – !” He starts to laugh wholeheartedly. “It is hilarious.”

Although I thought he would mention the story about the gay couple once again he keeps quite. Maybe he doesn´t want to recall the memories but I’m sure that they follow him wherever he goes.

Doongwoon just nods and pours the leader another drink which he instantly gulps down.

“It is over between you and Kikwang, right?”, Doojoon says suddenly. Doongwoon freezes on the spot still holding the bottle of liquor in the air. Finally he nods and purs another glass.

“You guys broke up yesterday?! But I heard you “reconcile” in the gentlemen´s bathroom!”, I burst out in disbelief. The maknae puts the bottle on to the table but avoids my questioning gaze. He doesn´t make any move to answer me.

“They didn´t break up.”, Doojoon says finally.

I sigh in relief. They were my last ray of hope – sort of.

“They didn´t break up because they have never been a couple in the first place.”, the leader continues bluntly, “ For the last couple of years Doongwoon just forced himself onto Kikwang over and over again – pretty much until yesterday when he finally decided to let go of Kikwang. Right, Doongwoon-ah?”

As I look over to the maknae I see tears running down his cheeks and with a cracking voice and pained eyes he says:

“ I thought once I capture his body his heart would follow as well. So I held onto him. But what can I say? His heart never followed.”

 

"And the moral of this story is that you can´t force someone to love you.", Doojoon utters under his breath and gulps his soju down.

 

i´m really sorry. ever since the advent season started i don´t have much time so my chapters get delayed. i will still upload once a week but it is difficult to upload something at the weekends because i´m usually super busy T.T. thank you so much for your nice comments and hello to my new subscribers :). please feel free to comment. i appreciate every opinion, impression and feed-back :). Junseung is still sailing strong so let´s stay calm and ship junseung :)

PS:: have a nice advent season everyone :*