Cloudy sky

A love like ember lights

Cube Entertainment

Junhyung

 

“Hyunseung?”, once again I call out to him. I can´t believe it.

“YAH! Jang Hyunseung!”, I scream into Seyeon´s phone.

Nothing. No answer.

He hung up on me. I hiss soundly before I hand Seyeon´s phone over.

“He hung up on me.”, I tell her remorsefully. I´m sure that he hung up as he heard my voice or rather he hung up on me as he heard my voice over Seyeon´s phone. I´m sure that he got the situation wrong.

“Oppa? Can we stop the fitting of your stage costumes then? I got a pretty good overview of the clothes which need to be fixed. And you wanted the sleeveless shirt to have deep cut-outs on the sides, right?”, Seyeon asks with a troubled face expression. I can see that her thoughts are somewhere far off. Probably she is thinking about Hyunseung who clearly misunderstood the situation just now.

I smile and ruffle threw her hair. Although we haven´t seen each other for a while now, we do get along very well. It is easy to get close to her, because of her outgoing and cheerful nature. She even started to call me Oppa today.

“Yes, we can wrap it up for today. I will take the clothes off.”, I look over to her and add with a smile, “Maybe you should try to call him back once again.”

Upon hearing my suggestion she starts to grin like a Cheshire cat and sets off. Like always I have no clue what has gotten into Hyunseung, but hanging up like that is bad manners. I should scold him. Seyeon seems to be sincere. He shouldn´t toy with her feelings. Now that I’m Seyeon´s Oppa I should have a serious man-to-man talk with Hyunseung.

As I was halfway done with changing into my normal clothes my phone rings – instagram notifications. I zip my pants and sit down. Curiously I start to scroll through the notifications. Most of them are once again Junseung related. I sigh. But there is another hashtag this time. What is JS_Shipmaster? Curiously I tap on the hashtag and it redirects me immediately to a bunch of similar pictures- 90% of them Junseung related and some show screen-shots of a fanfic-fanpage.

JS_Shipmaster seems to be the pen-name of the most successful author of that page. Her story entitled `Moving Heaven and Earth` has 86 chapters all sky themed: spring sky, autumn sky, October sky, mackerel sky, evening sky etc. pp. Judging from her fan base (36 983 followers, 1 763 921 views on her content and 123 456 comments) JS_Shipmaster seems to be the rock star of the Junseung shipping community.

“Oppa?”, Seyeon looks at me with a worried expression on her face.

“Ah, Seyeon-ah? Sorry, did you say something?”, I ask surprised. I was so immersed in the fanfic-stuff that I didn´t even realize that she was back again. She looks at my upper body in wonderment, before she continues: “It took you some time to change. I mean it has been 15 minutes already. So I was wondering if everything was alright.”

“ Oh. Time sure flies by. I lost my track of time.”, I answer and put on my shirt instantly.

“Doongwoon-shi and Kikwang-shi arrived already and they are waiting in the recording studio.”, Seyeon adds further as she tries to avoid looking over to me. I guess although she is a stylist she is also a newbie, maybe she still gets embarrassed from time to time.  

“Have you been able to get back in touch with Hyunseung?” I ask once I’m completely done changing.

She pouts and looks down to her feet before she shakes her head. She sure knows how to act cutely. I sigh. Hyunseung! That good for nothing guy! Maybe that´s his way of pulling and pushing but isn´t he going to far? I sigh once again.

“Manager-nim is going to pick Hyunseung up at 8 pm. I scheduled a recording session for tonight. If you want to you can stay and wait for him.”, I suggest. I´m just too nice for my own good.

Instantly she looks up to me. Her eyes are overflowing with happiness as she bubbly jumps up and down.

“Really, Oppa? Really? Really? Really?”, she asks me over and over again.

I just nod as she suddenly jumps into my arms and hugs me. Holding her petite warm body in my arms feels unexpectedly nice - it reminds me of a long forgotten sensation- the sensation of having a lover. Her hair faintly smells of roses contrary to Hyunseung´s sweet vanilla scent. Before I realize that I was comparing Seyeon´s scent to Hyunseung´s scent a familiar voice interrupts us.

“Am I intruding?”, Taejoo asks with a smooth smile. Seyeon obviously startled jumps back and blushes crimson. She is so ashamed that she looks down on the floor and leaves the changing room immediately.

Taejoo starts to laugh loudly as he watches the newbie´s embarrassment.

“I guess, I was really intruding.”, he repeats himself once again and elbows me, “I won´t say anything to Hyunseung. I knew you had the hots for her.” He gives me an all-knowing wink.

I´m speechless due to my friend`s over-enthusiastic conclusions. He elbows me once and says in a jokingly tone: “Now, that the woman is gone we can get down to business. Doongwoon and Kikwang are here. We should start recording.”

I just nod.

--

Hyunseung

 

In shock I just hung up on Junhyung. Faintly I can feel how my socks get soaked from the clear liquor which started to spread on the floor as I try to comprehend the situation. Both of them are together – somewhere. I try to breath but it feels like there is no oxygen in the air.

My thoughts are running wild while my heart feels like it was crushed. Breath, I try to breath.

“Oppa? Are you alright?”, I can hear Geurim´s worried voice calling out to me. She came over to me and started to pet my back.

I don´t know. I don´t know- that´s what I want to answer, but I can´t. I need to snap out of it. I can´t afford to break down now – not in front of Geurim. For her sake and my own sake I need to get a grip of myself. I can´t let Geurim see this weak and shameful side of her older brother – I still have my pride.

So I force a smile on my face and look up to her.

“Yes. Of course.”, I lie, hoping that the tone of my voice doesn´t give me  away, “The bottle was just too slippery and I wasn´t holding it tightly. So it fell down.”

She stops to pet my back and chuckles forcefully. I can feel how she watches me carefully before she starts to speak: “O-b-b-a [cute voice]- you need to be more careful, *aign*!” She pouts at the end of her sentence.

I smile and this time it is a genuine smile. I ruffle my cute little sister´s hair.

“Oppa. Stop! If you continue to ruffle my hair like that I´m going to get bold >.<.”, Geurim protests sternly, what makes me want to ruffle her hair even more.

“By the way, Oppa. Manager-nim called earlier. Junhyung-Yeob-“, she clears soundly, “Junhyung-shi is at the company and scheduled a recording session for tonight.”

Geurim intentionally provided me the extra information that Junhyung was at the company by bringing it up skillfully. But of course, I didn´t think she was acting fishly, because all I heard was:

  1. Junhyung is at the company
  2. He scheduled a recording session tonight, so I have a reason to see him.
  3. If he is at the company, Seyeon is at the company, too.
  4. So they are not alone anywhere – having a secret date at the Hang-gang river, holding hands, kissing and doing stuff which ends in marriage, a house, two kids, a dog and an allotment.

I get up immediately – suddenly feeling full of vim and vigor. The game is not over yet. I still have a chance to meddle in their business!

“When does Manager-nim pick me up?”, I ask my sister enthusiastically. A confused-looking Geurim looks up to me and answers: “At 8pm.”

Instantly I check my watch - 7.17 pm. Alright. 43 minutes until Manager-nim comes to pick me up. Alright.

“I´m going to call a cab.”, I state in a serious tone and start dialing the number of the nearest cab company. If Manager-nim comes in 43 minutes it will still take us twenty minutes to get to the company. This means that Seyeon and Junhyung are together for another hour or so.

Geurim wants to say something but changes her mind. She just nods and starts to clean up the bottle shards. After I made the call to the cab company I try to help her clean up the mess I made but she just shakes her head and says softly:

“Oppa, I can do this by myself. You just go and get ready.”

I want to object but she insists: “Your socks and pant legs are soaked. You should get changed quickly.”

I just nod and set off to my room. While I was upstairs changing my clothes, my phone which I left in the living room, starts to ring. Geurim looks over and sees Seyeon´s name popping up on the display. She smiles evilly as she rejects Seyeon´s call. She picks up her Oppa´s phone , unlocks the display lock by typing in the pin code – 1219- Junhyung´s birth date- her Oppa is rather easy to see through – and puts his phone on mute. But before she puts his phone back she quickly deletes Seyeon´s call.

Geurim continues to clean up but keeps sight of the display. A couple of minutes later the display flashes again – an incoming call. Geurim looks over and sees an unknown number so she picks it up quickly- it is the cab. The driver is waiting in front of house.

“OPPA!!! The cab is here! Hurry!”, she screams.

I run downstairs back into the living room and grab my phone. Geurim smiles and wishes me a nice evening. I just smile back und dash out.

----------   

Cube entertainment

Hyunseung

 

On my way to the company I gave Manager-nim a call. He was surprised but didn´t scold me.

The second the cab stops in front of Cube entertainment I jump out of the car. I already paid the driver beforehand because I knew that I wouldn´t be able to patiently wait until the driver billed it in.

So I rush into the building. It is around 8pm. I stop in front of the elevator but it is taking too long and I don´t want to waste any more time. So I run up the stairs, through the hallway to the little recording studio Junhyung and Taejoo use. Once I reach the door I’m completely out of breath and with my last bit of power I pull it open.

Instantly my eyes meet a familiar pair of almond shaped brown eyes. Seyeon is sitting on the coach in the center of the room. Kikwang is sitting right next to her. Doongwoon who is also present sits a little bit away. My eyes immediately start to search for Junhyung.

He is standing behind the glass wall inside the separated area for voice recording and is rapping his part. For a couple of seconds my eyes linger over him – his charismatic aura, his mesmerizing lips and his deep voice which pierces right through my heart and makes my knees weak. I can feel how my heart starts to hammer against my chest and it is not due to the physical exercise.

“Oppa?”

Suddenly he looks up to me and our eyes meet for the first time in a long time. Junhyung smiles at me which makes me smile back at him. Instantly a warm and comfortable feeling spreads through my body and I believe that my heart can´t even remember what it was like to beat in time, because it must be used to be offbeat. Seriously. I´m a hopeless case, I’m worse than useless when it comes to Junhyung.  I´m a goner.

 “Hyung? Hyunseung Hyung?”, Kikwang calls out to me and I snap out of my trance. I look over to him and two pairs of worried eyes meet mine.

“Seyeon. Was calling out to you?”, Kikwang explains carefully. I can hear how Doongwoon pants with rage once Kikwang called Seyeon without honorifics. I look over to the fuming maknae and ignore Kikwangs statement. I couldn’t care less for Seyeon and her worries.

“Doongwoon-ah. Are you alright? You look-“, I´m searching for the right word, ”-bad.”

I couldn´t come up with something else.

“I´m ok, Hyung.”, he answers in a serious tone and forces a smile on his face.

“No. I mean your complexion doesn´t look healthy. Are you sick?”, I ask once again. This time Kikwang looks over to Doongwoon and searches his face for any sort of traces which might lead to the conclusion that Doongwoon was sick.

“He looks normal to me.”, Seyeon says suddenly.

“Yes. I agree with Seyeon.”, Kikwang states indifferently, “ He looks like always.”

I can literally see how Doongwoon starts to emit a dark aura. He is fuming with rage and Kikwang´s indifference and Seyeon´s interference are making matters worse.

“He looks pale and he lost weight. Preparing for your solo activities must be hard.”, I say understandingly,  “ Your dark circles are no joke.”

Doongwoon looks up to me and gives a genuine smile.

“Yes, Hyung. It is really hard on my body.”, he answers nearly in a whispering voice and adds, “Thank you, for caring Hyunseung Hyung.” I observe how his gaze drifts away from me and stops on Kikwang who is busily typing something into his phone. I understand.

“Thank you for caring, Hyunseung Hyung”- his last sentence gets stuck inside my head and at a single blow I’m in the picture. Seems like the restroom-couple has relationship problems. I sit right next to Doongwoon and put my hand on his knee. He doesn´t even look up to me because he is carefully watching Seyeon´s and Kikwang´s eager conversation.

Every time Seyeon touches Kikwang or Kikwang touches Seyeon he tenses up and the dark aura surrounding him gets darker until it reaches it´s peak.

“Can I have your phone number, Oppa?”, Seyeon asks him innocently.

“Yes, of cour-“

“NO. You can´t!”, a pissed off Doongwoon interrupts Kikwang suddenly. His voice is deciding and sounds angry.

Everyone is shocked due to the maknae´s sudden outburst.

“Kikwang-Hyung´s girlfriend wouldn´t like it. She is the possessive type and tends to get jealous easily.”, Doongwoon explains coldly. I gulp soundly. By saying girlfriend  Doongwoon is referring to himself. The maknae is pretty cool and manly- I just realized it.

As I look over to Kikwang I see how he blushes faintly. The dancer also got Doongwoon´s point.

“Oppa has a girlfriend?”, Seyeon asks with a sweet voice, “ I promise I won´t tell anyone. If you give me your phone number it could be our little secret.” She giggles.

What on earth is wrong with this woman?! – I ask myself. Not just that she leeched on to Junhyung but now she is trying to get in-between those two. This woman sure does cast her net wide.

“I don´t have a girlfriend.”, the small dancer states coldly and looks directly into Doongwoon´s eyes, “We are just friends with benefits-”

That was a powerful blow. It hit home. Doongwoon is left speechless and I can feel him trembling. Saying ’Friends with benefits’ to your lover is like punching him in the face.

“- therefore, here is my number, Seyeon.”, Kikwang finishes his sentence. That´s it. That was the final blow. Ignoring his boyfriend’s objections the dancer hands his number over to a girl. “You can call me anytime.”, he adds with a bright smile.

“Doongwoon-shi?”, Taejoo suddenly calls out to our spaced out maknae, “Get ready. You are up next.” Doongwoon just nods absentmindedly. His face has gotten much paler and he seems to be shocked and hurt at the same time, whereas the two main culprits are sitting a meter away - happily chatting.

“Wonnie?”, this time a very familiar sounding deep voice calls out to Doongwoon. As I turn around I see Junhyung stepping out of the recording-box, “It´s your turn”, he says. Without saying anything or answering Junhyung Doongwoon gets up and goes inside the box.

Taejoo presses a yellow button which allows him to talk to the person inside the box and gives him instructions. Junhyung watches the situation for a couple of second before he walks over to Seyeon and sits next to her. The rapper takes a sip of his coffee before he throws the empty cup into the trash bin.

“Hyunseung-ah, I’m going to brief you quickly. Did you already see the lyrics?”, Junhyung asks me. I nod. I saw the paper.

“Alright. In short. It describes the struggle of a young man who has to go to work but his super sweet and cute girlfriend doesn´t want to part with him. Ok. So far so good. You and I we are going to sing the chorus. I marked your part in yellow. It goes like:

That se*y face you´re making is so bad

Woo don´t tempt me, you´re a pretty devil

I´m sorry baby

Gotta go to work

Gotta go to work.

That´s your part and I want you to sing it cutely.”, Junhyung concludes his short briefing.

 

“Cutely?”, I ask doubtfully.

“Yes. Cutely.”, Junhyung answers sternly, “The whole song has this light summer feeling to it. Therefore it is going to be more on the cute side. Just imagine your girlfriend clinging onto you early in the morning. She doesn´t want to part with you, so she holds onto you tightly, pressing her body against your body and trying to seduce you. But you on the hand have to go to work. So you try to reason with her in a way she won´t get mad at you. That´s the time a man has to bring his trump card into the game – aegyo.”

Junhyung remembers the scene with Hyungnim a couple of weeks ago; when Junhyung wanted to go to work but his dog just bit him. That´s what inspired him to write this song.

I have no clue what Junhyung is talking about but I don´t like him spacing out. And he is spacing out right now. He smiles as he remembers something and it drives me mad, because I want to know everything concerning him.

“I have no clue what you are talking about.”, I state straight-forward.

“I knew it would come to this. So we prepared something.”, Junhyung answers drily.

WE?

“Oppa and I are going to act the situation out so you get the picture.”, Seyeon says shyly before she puts her arms around Junhyung. I´m dumbfounded and I can literally feel how my heart tumbles into a very familiar place - the abyss of despair. I chuckle bitterly.  They have gotten pretty close although I put so much effort into keeping them away from each other.

All of a sudden Doongwoon rushes out of the recording-box and grabs Kikwang´s arm.

“I need to go to the bathroom. I´m taking Hyung with me in case I faint.”, he states drily and drags the dancer behind him out of the room. Kikwang soundly protests are clearly audible until they allegedly reach the gentlemen´s bathroom in this floor.

I know what this is all about and I know what is about to happen between those two in the restroom. Doongwoon seriously looked pissed off and hurt. There was a scary aura surrounding him. I´m sure that the dominant and obviously jealous maknae is going to make Kikwang regret the things he said to Seyeon earlier.

As I look over to Seyeon our eyes meet. But Junhyung is gone.

“Where is Junhyung?”, I ask in shock.

“Bathroom.”, she answers surprised.

thank you very much for reading my story. i hope you will enjoy this chapter :). thank you for all the nice comments (>///<).