Final Chapter

Passerby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The night in New York is definitely better for Sehun. Unlike in Seoul where every step he take, he have to be extremely careful. New York is different. He can walked bare faced without mask on and people hardly know who he is. The woman beside him also can feel more secured, without worrying about bashes and hates.

 

He was about to open his mouth to say something when Yooran cut him off.

“I’m so happy, Sehun-ah…”

He looked at her and smiled. “Why so?”

“No reason. I just am. Despite the freaking tiring job I do, everything is lovely. And I’m happy.”

 “Good then.”

“Are you?” she asked him this time. He only tighten their hands and swayed it back and forth. She waited for him to answer her question, but he only walks forward.

“Now I know what is ‘happy’, unlike how I was four years ago. Remember? I distanced myself from God, I tried to kill myself, and everything. Remember?”

“Mmhmm…”

“Then one summer day I met a man, he wanted to read Norwegian Wood, book number F-1364, in the untouched shelf in the corner of the library. Then he became my book-buddy. But I always have this thing in my mind, that everyone in this world are just a temporary presence. Just like passerby, you know, even passerby glance at you, they will forget you the next second and leave.”

He smiled and stop walking, still hand in hand. His right hand on her left, and he turned his body so he can face her properly. This time the woman looked at his eyes, unlike how she always get embarrassed by his actions.

“I hate how he unconsciously break my wall. The wall I created so thick and unbreakable, covering all of me from this world. He did it unconsciously, I hate him more for that. But you know why I hate him more and more?”

He shook his head. The man already knows the answer, but he likes how the woman being talkative tonight, so he will let her speak all she wants.

“I left him three years, expecting he will forget me, just like the concept of passerby lingering in my head. But instead, he found me. Like he can see through me, and I feel . Ewh. He found my apartment, he found out my passcode, and he was there every time. I think he likes me, don’t you think so?”

He laughed, the kind of laugh that will shines your world even more. The woman loves seeing his laugh, because it will automatically bring her a smile. And the man loves seeing her smile, because it means the world for him.

“I think he fell in love with you.” he answered her question.

“Really?” she asked back, just to make sure.

“I think he loves you so much. I heard from someone else…” he paused and smirked. “…that he begged his manager to push a schedule just to spend his day-off with her. I heard he also finished reading all the books she left him in her apartment, he finished it without having any second of sleep in the plane.”

She opened , unbelieved. “Did he tell you what does he think about the books?”

“He thinks you really were born to be a great author and a great woman. Past is past, he said. He glad you’ve overcome it well. He thinks you can passed everything because you are you.”

“Really? But I think he takes a little supporting part in making me better.”

“I’ll make sure to tell him that. He’d be in a honor.” he bowed in elegant, like those ancient prince would do.

She bowed back, like how princess would do.

“Do you want to know a secret he told me?” Sehun whispered, they both still in play each role. She nodded and bring her ears nearer to his mouth. “He loves you, a lot.” he whispered.

“Really?” she asked in excitement. Sehun nodded and mouthed ‘one hundred percent’. “Can you relay him a message from me?”

“Anything.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter