Chapter 16

Passerby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

[OC's POV]

 

Wrapping up monthly meeting nearly lunch time was a bad idea, additional with stupid interns who cried because I told her to do work better was worse beyond imagination. She kept crying like a high school kid lost his boyfriend because of cheating. I nearly slapped her in the face if the other meeting attendants didn’t stop me from doing so.

I closed my office door with a loud bang, making a commotion to other workers. I really can’t believe she cried! I would tell her what things worth to cry in work in case she would never figure it out by herself. I gave her a task a month ago to do some research on customer preference but she hasn’t finish it by today. Didn’t I make myself clear to present her research at the next monthly meeting? She must be crazy. What did she learn in college about being on time and do work well?

“Yoon Director…” I heard a knock in my door and a woman peek through it.

“What again?” I yelled, a bit louder than I should be.

“Yah! It’s just me, why are you being so harsh?” she said. Yeora.

Shin Yeora, the one who saved my life from the very first collapse is now my co-worker. We both love literature and decided to leave that ty business major and work in this publishing house.

 

“Sorry, I was caught up with that intern’s behavior. Is she still crying?”

“Yes, she still crying. Someone just came back from the toilet and say that she cried nonstop. Good thing you yelled at her before. If you don’t, trust me I would.”

“Did you see Kwon-sunbae expression before? I never saw him put on a disgust face since forever when that intern start to cry. If she think that she can get away with crying, tell her to keep dreaming.”

“You’re still the same Yoon I know from back then. That filthy mouth of yours was the best.”

“I admitted that this filthy mouth can be useful sometime.”

“Lunch together today? Let’s eat outside. We might see that intern at the cafeteria today and I don’t want to ruin my appetite.”

“I don’t know… I’ll make a call first then I’ll tell you later.”

“Sounds good for me. I might be better back to my desk and give that intern a damn lesson.”

“Make sure to slap her if she cry again.”

“Noted.” she said. We both laugh hard as she exited my office.

 

 

After Yeora left my office, I take my phone and try to call Sehun again. He might picked it up this time.

“Yeoboseyo?” he answered.

“Hi…”

“What’s with the hi…”

“Look, Hun-ah. About that…”

“Are you at the office now?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Feeling better?”

“Seil checked everything on me. Everything is fine.”

“Are you sure about not going to hospital? You might need some more checked.”

“Seil did that for me…”

“Okay…” he said in a soft tone. He sounds, worry?

“You were surprised, weren’t you?”

“You were freaking collapse on a freaking floor, sunbae! You were drenched in sweat and you freaking make all your palm bleeding. Call me a stalker and an apartment-barger and yes I nearly killed myself last night if something happened to you. Which part of it you don’t understand?” he said in furious, half yelling.

“Calm down…”

“How can I calm down? Tell me how! You leaving to States was tolerated, I know you’ll back someday but you leaving to the other world was making me scare enough. Don’t you get it?” he yelled again.

“I’m sorry…”

“Sure you can say sorry and I will forgive you soon, you know I really cannot resist you. Keep my words, sunbae. Once again you surprised me with that kind of surprise, I’ll tail you everywhere you go just to make sure you live well.”

“Mmhmm…”

“I won’t say sorry for yelling at you. You know that?”

“Mmhmm…” I hummed. ‘Mmhmm’ in my life always means a ‘Yes’ with a bunch of sorry in it.

There was a silence in between. All I can hear was his pant breath after yelling.

 

“What will you eat for lunch?” he asked.

“I don’t know…Yeora asked me to eat with her outside but I haven’t decided.”

“Lunch with me?”

“Today?”

“Mmhmm…” he hummed. I chuckled.

“Have you finished your recording?” I said while take some M&M chocolate from my desk.

“Mmhmm …”

“Don’t you have another schedule?” I asked again, now munching some M&M.

“Mmhmm … In three hours. I don’t want to eat lunch alone.”

“Okay. Let’s go then.”

“Really? Where should w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter