Chapter 18

Passerby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A/N Italic is for flashback.

 

 

OC's POV.

 

11:41 p.m. I must be crazy staying up this late in the office, finishing things I shouldn’t have. I looked away from my computer and see all surrounding has become dark. Everyone must have left then. Yawning, I turned off my computer and packed my belongings to my bag, stretching a bit just to relax my back bone. I’ve been sitting six hours without rest and my hurts a lot.

Rising from my seat, I just realized I still wear his jacket. His mint scent must have blended with my chamomile scent. I like it, somehow. I walked to the fridge placed in the corner of my office and take Vitamin C Water Sehun bought for me.

Turning off the room’s lamp, I walked to the elevator wearing earphone, listening to the radio broadcast. Humming to the song being played, I opened the bottle and have a sip. Refreshing.

 

 

Incoming call. Sehun. “This late?” I said to myself.

“Why?” I answered his call.

“Are you home?” he said in a low voice. Low yet soft. And husky at some point.

“I’m done just now. Still in my office though. Why? You want to drop by?” I asked.

The elevator come and I entered it while pressing B1 button, where I parked my car this morning.

“Not really. Are you tired?”

“Not really, as well.” I chuckled. “Should we drink tonight?”

“I would love to, but…” he stopped.

“But…?”

“But I’m driving tonight.”

“You’re not the one who drive, anyway. A little drink wouldn’t harm, don’t you think?”

“I don’t know…” he said in worry tone.

Ting! The elevator arrived at B1. I walked towards my car, still talking with Sehun over the call.

“I don’t think drinking would be the best option tonight.”

“Do you think so? Okay, maybe next time…” I said while reaching my car keys at the very front pocket of my bag. Ten meter reaching my car, I press the unlock button and can hear the beep beep sound.

 

With minimum light at the basement parking, I can see someone standing right in front of my car, leaning against it in a cool pose. The familiar hats, glasses, and masks which I recognized bring a smile from the corner of my lips.

“I hate surprise, you know that.” I said to my phone and giggled.

“Oh, you love it, babe.” he said, still emphasizing in the ‘babe’ part.

Ended our conversation on the phone, I walked half-lazily to my car. Half of me was glad and the other half was embarrassed. He casually put back his phone in his back pocket and stand up straight, welcoming me with a widely-open arms, wishing for a hug. But instead, I stopped one meter in front of him and gave him a questioning look.

“And those open arms are for?” I asked in an arrogant tone.

“Where’s my ‘you did well today, as well, Hun-ah’?” he asked, still in the same position.

“I don’t know you like getting a pat in the hair.”

“I don’t. That’s why I open my arms for you. You’re not going to give me a hug?” he said in low tone.

I nodded. I wasn’t surrender to my lust at the moment. But I know the moment Sehun ask for a hug, something must have happened. Like he did years ago when we were in college. So I walked closer to him and threw my body at his. His body reacts as well and catch me, while his arms automatically wrapped behind me. I can hear his heart beating regularly, having the same tempo as his breathing.

“One minute, sunbae. Just let me do this one minute.” he said.

 

If I wasn’t at my good mood that night, I would have already smacked him in the head. I assume he has so much thing in his mind so I let my guard off this one time. I gave him a soft at his back and my arms hugs his tiny waist, making both of us sticking to each other more while he rest his chin at the top of my head while giving it some light kiss.

One minute passed and my back stated to ache again due to overworked but he doesn’t seem going to let me go at the very minute.

“You said one minute, young boy.” I mumbled in his chest. “It feels like a year. Cut it off. My back ache a lot.”

“Last five seconds. I promised.” he said.

“5…4…3…2…1… Let go off me.” I said while try to free myself from his embrace.

“Thank you, sunbae.”

“I thought you’re going somewhere tonight? You little liar.”

“I’m not lying. I am going somewhere…with you. And I’m driving tonight, that’s why we can’t drink tonight.”

“You what?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter