to: jongin, subject: the brother

St. Jude
Please log in to read the full chapter

1:35 AM

Yo,

So, I met Taemin’s brother.

Sort of.

I went over at his house for our regular meeting and instead of bumping into one of his clients, I bumped into this cold-eyed scary looking guy and Jesus Christ, did I freak out like in a Korn video for a second there. Then he smiled and said sorry and gosh, Jongin, he’s got the most adorable smile ever. Like, when he smiles, he looks like a puppy and oh Lord, his voice is so cute too. I was shook, brother, shook, seeing that cutie there.

Then Taemin said that’s his brother like it’s the most normal thing to say to your boyfriend. And Jesus, did I forget how deep Taemin’s voice can get when he’s tired.

That’s how I met Jimin.

He’s a cool guy. I hanged with him until Taemin finished with his last three clients. He bought me ice-cream from the nearby store and after I told him I’m in the dance club, he showed me some moves too. Guess it’s in the family. You would have loved hanging out with him too and I’m so damn glad we met. As Taemin told me before, he does indeed work in a restaurant too and guess what, Jongin? I quit my goddamn awful job and went for an interview at Jimin’s place.

Yeah, stupid move.

Jimin does not own the place. Or is a chef there. Or even a goddamn sous-chef. He’s a waiter, Jongin. Jimin’s a waiter at a restaurant and I quit my goddamn job without thinking twice. So guess who’s stuck as a waiter too?

Want to know the punchline?

The new boss yells even louder, if that’s even possible, than my last one.

I kind of lied when I said I’d be managing that job somehow. I loathed it and hated that piece of and I just wanted the day to be over. Heck, seeing my dad drunk out of his mind on Lunar Year was way better than working there. But now, I figured it could be worse, much worse, Jongin. Treasure whatever you have right now, no matter how bad it seems. At the same time, Jimin told me it takes a bit for the guy to warm up to new staff. Once he gets to know you and he sees you're actually doing your job and not monkeying around, it’s going to be alright. So I it all up, even more than at my former job, and even stayed over schedule with Jimin one evening to help wash the enormous pile of dishes that had someone gathered in the kitchen.

I found out Taemin did indeed work for a short period of time there, as a waiter too, then suddenly quit. For some reason, while telling me all of that, Jimin seemed to think I knew why he worked there and why he suddenly quit, as if Taemin told me everything about his

Please log in to read the full chapter