to: jongin, subject: dude

St. Jude
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hey Jongin,

I know we haven’t talked in a while.

You’re probably still angry for what I’ve said and what I have done… for what I haven’t done. I know that you won’t read this message, but as long as the e-mail doesn’t bounce back, I’m reassured it landed in your inbox. Or spam box? I hope you hadn’t marked me as spam. Now, you wouldn’t have dared that, ing bastard. I mean, yeah, we had our differences and all, but you wouldn’t act like a drama queen and completely shut me out of your network, now would you? I know where you live, you head.

 

 

Sorry.

I’m sorry for that. I just… really miss you.

Anyway, I’m breaking the silence between us because something amazing happened and I have to tell you everything. You know you’re my best friend and you know that I tend to write novels whenever my fingers touch the keyboard, so hear me out this time too. Well, read. Because you cannot hear me. Even the voice in your head as you’re going over these words is still yours, distorted nevertheless, but yours. Something about air entering our skulls and creating an echo we call thoughts. Yeah, I’m bullting again. Moving on.

Do you recall what I’ve told you last time?

Yes, school hasn’t changed. The building’s the same. Anything you imagine could be better than reality. It’s a chunk of grey cement with holes for windows and doors.

I’ll skip the boring bits. The schedule’s packed as ever. I’m stuck in the same class with that freak we used to make fun of. You’d think they would have taken some measures against him, but I guess teachers never care for our wellbeing. I’m ready to die from heat while wearing the uniform’s jacket, just so he doesn’t poke my elbow with the pencil until I graduate. Yeah, loser, it’s my last year. Hurray for me, now where are you to mock my last months of innocence?

That’s beside the point. What I really wanted to say and the reason I ended up writing to you is Taemin.

I met Taemin on the rooftop.

It was a normal day.

What is normal anyway? The default state of normality has always eluded me. I won’t enter a philosophic debate with yo

Please log in to read the full chapter