Unspoken

Wait A Minute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, you kept your distance. Yesterday what you saw was enough to tell you about things, and your position.

Afterall, Haeun has got everything...she's perfect for him. He seemed happy.

You thought. Self confidence - dropped to the level below Mt. Everest. 

You kicked imaginary pebbles on your way grudgingly while walking through the hallway. The rush of students was less, classes to be started in a little. Oh he hadn't even given you any orders as of lately. They are definitely dating.

All the negative thoughts decided to attack you together - because that's what they are supposed to do when a person is troubled. 

As with negative thoughts, came the unexpected sight. You paused in your track when you saw Sehun and Haeun coming around from the other side of the hallway. Both had their arms interlocked, laughing again. 

You thought to turn away, hide perhaps. Confronting them right now would not be such a good idea. Hesitatingly you brushed your feet back to turn, but still couldn't, just staring at them walking around so happily. Just then Sehun saw you and called, stopping and smiling. Haeun stopped too, her reaction different from Sehun's, a frown itched on her face. She was clearly pissed off right now, and when Sehun called you again, she turned the other way. Without wasting another minute, you started running back, crossing into another hallway. 

“Hey Bae wait!” Sehun called, but you just ran away. His face was scrunched in confusion.

 

 

Took him away too. Just him. I would have been glad if only...if she only left him. Why him? Why Sehun? Why out of all boys...the one I liked? 

You thought, your hatred towards her only increasing. Right now you wanted to cry, however it was weird.

You always thought Sehun wasn't a serious crush but turned it he was, you really did like him, more than you thought.  And the realization that he is now taken away was eating you up. You were regretting it, not telling him this on the right time. But what could you do? You weren't so sure of your feelings either. It was very heavy, this feeling that Sehun is taken away from you - when he wasn't even yours to start with. 

What was more painful was that you couldn't fight either. It was Haeun afterall. If it were someone else than maybe yeah, you would use your high status in school and do something but no it was Haeun. What had happened between you two earlier took away the right for you to protest. You had to give her what you took away too. You cursed yourself, hated yourself right now. Hated the very thing you were: Bae. The chic Bae. 

Tears rolled down and you tried to wipe them with the back of your sleeves, trying not to spoil your make up. Oh great, even in this moment you were worried about your looks. Why are you like this? Why do you have to pretend to be all this just so you could stay popular? These things shouldn't even matter.

Without any consciousness of where you are walking, you bumped into someone. 

Oh my face! I look a mess...gotta hide…make excuse…

“Ah I'm sorry...let me pass I have to go to the toilet.” you turned to the left, keeping your face low when that person caught you by the shoulder.

“Sun…bae?” a soft low voice, very familiar.

You looked up pathetically and saw Kyungsoo looking at you with worried eyes, although it wasn't much difference since they were always just bulged out and round, but adorable.

You broke down, hugging him. There was something about Kyungsoo that made you let yourself go. It was like you could tell him anything unlike others. If it was Chanyeol - you would have to tell him the reason and he would most probably break the neck of whoever made you cry, and if it were Yoohyun - well she would break Haeun's neck, so both were too dangerous of people to cry in front of. But with Kyungsoo, you just cried, and he didn't ask anything. He just understood probably and patted your back, comforting you. 

“It's all right. Happens. Troubles. Everyone has them.” he said, without even hearing your excuse. He's smart isn't he?

 

....................

 

You were in the library. Maybe it's because you both were here most of the time, with Sehun nagging and you doing all the work. You took a long sigh and lifted the book to your face again, only now you realized you had picked a nursery rhymes book, and that too you were holding it upside down. But you were too lazy to replace it and take another one. You took another deep sigh and turned the upside down page, the poem down and illustration up. 

A knock on your book. You kept it down and saw Sehun sitting across you, hand folded on the table, smiling at you goofily. You lifted the book again, hiding your face.

“Hey.” he called softly. 

“Uh…hi.” you replied, keeping your voice even lower. A long pause. You heard him eagerly tap his feet and then he spoke again.

“Why aren't you talking to me?” he asked.

“Um...am I...not?” you asked, still hiding your face. His tapping grew louder and then he finally blurted out. 

“Why did you run away like that?!”

A little too loud. The librarian looked at him from her glasses, her stare threatening. He smiled meekly and turned towards you, raising a brow for your answer. You looked around, nervous, maybe sad.  

“I…uh,” you your lips “I...didn't want to disturb...you and her.” you gulped. He seemed confused.

“Me and who?” he asked.

“You and Haeun.” you said again and he seemed more confused than before. 

“How would you disturb us in that way?” he asked, then after thinking for long his eyes bulged out “it's not like that!” he yelled.

The librarian looked at him again, even the people inside, all glaring angrily. Sehun smiled meekly again and caught your wrist, taking you out. 

 

When you both were finally out into the hallway, he repeated: “It's not like that! What were you thinking?!”

You just stood there blankly, not sure how to react. “Aren't you both I mean gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter