Hold up

Wait A Minute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol pushed you and it was meant to be a light little nudge but that idiot forgets his size and strength so you went flying into Sehun’s arms. He caught you and helped you balance while trying not to show his pleasure at your misadventure. You knitted your brows and then punched Chanyeol back. Big boy didn’t even feel anything and grinned so you turned sharply back to Sehun who was snickering now. You brushed your shirt and strutted ahead.

“Bae! Wait for me!” Sehun called but you kept walking. “Bae…”

He caught your hand and tangled it with his own.

“One thing that hasn’t and won’t change anywhere in near future, I suppose, is your disrespect.” You said.

“It was just funny!” he defended himself and you let go of his hand and knitted your eyebrows more if possible.

“What if I fell on the floor and landed on my face?”

“But I caught you.” He smiled and you felt yourself melting but he continued, “but even that would have been funny! Face-flooring!”

“Sehun!” you whined and he resumed laughing.

“You’re too loud.” Kyungsoo shook his head in utter disappointment and you saw the students giving you looks. Even the guards in the arboretum were judging you inwardly.

“Let’s go Kyungsoo.” You tangled your arm with his instead and gave one short glance at Sehun while flipping your ponytail with a raised brow.

It was a school trip to the national arboretum to learn more about plant conservation related to an environmental project your school was working on. Today was grade 10’s trip; all sections combined. You knew basically each and everyone way too well without even being close to them thanks to your long time blogging.

“Line up, children.” said Ms. Sooyoung, your biology teacher. A tall attractive woman and the heartthrob of many school boys. “For this research we’re pairing you among inter-classes. Simply saying you’re all going to get mixed up. It was Ms. Taeyeon’s idea, give her an applaud.” She stretched her hand towards the chemistry teacher who barely reached her shoulders.

“Eheh thank you. I just thought that this would encourage friendliness among all the sections.” Ms. Taeyeon gave her very short answer and smiled nervously, pushing back her thick glasses and brushing her side hair behind her ears. Just like her figure, her confidence was very little as well and that’s why she was always unable to handle wild students or give out loud hearable announcements.

“C’mon and pick up one! The name on the slip will be your partner all throughout the day.” Ms. Sooyoung chimed and motioned 10-A to start first.

“I’m wondering who will be the lucky one today.” Sehun muttered and you looked up to see him scanning the faces of all girls with a smirk.

“Why are you so excited to pair up with someone else?” you asked, trying not to show any sign of jealousy.

“Not me,” he raised his hand in defence “they would be very excited to be around me.”

“You’re not a hot shot anymore. Girls don’t spazz over taken guys.” You came back.

“I’m an exception.” He smiled and you wanted to kick him in the guts.

“Oh Sehun, you’re next.” The tall teacher called and Sehun went ahead while giving you one last mischievous look.

He picked out a slip smoothly while side eyeing you and read it. Alas his smile fell. “Do Kyungsoo?” he said aloud and you looked over at Kyungsoo who seemed equally surprised and his face scrunched up in disgust.

“Read it properly.” Kyungsoo said and Sehun did, and his face fell some more and he showed the slip to Kyungsoo – the boy seemed like he would cry. “I thought this was a good chance to have an indirect date…” his voice was weak.

You and Chanyeol roared with laughter, infact the giant boy fell to the floor; an over-the-top thing he always did no matter even if the joke was lame. Sehun looked at you for help but you shrugged and looked away. Serves him right for attempting to make you jealous.

“Am I late?!” came a distant yell and everyone turned around to see the boy running breathlessly. “I’m sorry I actually missed my morning bus…” he huffed and rested his hands on his knees when he reached close by.

Kim Jongin. The official school babe. That was the perfect way to describe this dream boy. The thing about Kim Jongin was that even if anybody thought they didn’t really have the eyes for him, deep down they knew he was their favorite without questioning.

“It’s all right Jongin. Since your section has finished picking up partners, you should pick up yours too.” Ms. Sooyoung said and he nodded, walking forth and dipping his hand in the bowl of papers to bring out a name. Even this simple action seemed like a magazine pictorial shoot if Kim Jongin was the one doing it.

“Gakjeon Bae.”

Huh?

“Gakjeon Bae from 10-B.”

You blinked and slowly walked forward.

“So Bae is my partner? I’m already amazed.” He chuckled and you stood by his side.

“Kim Jongin who was our classmate once ago.” You said and he smiled widely.

“Just for a month. In the beginning. Doesn’t count.” He shook hands with you and it was your turn to chuckle.

“I’m still bitter you transferred sections.” You said scrunching your nose and he rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

“You never miss the chance to be petty with me over that.” The both of you let out cackles in the little joy of being together a year later again.

Secret big enough, you had a huge crush on him for months too. Chanyeol often encouraged you to ask him out but then he changed classes and it was a tiny heartbreak week with lots of chocolates and hugs from your Mr. Park and two trips to Lotte world.

 

....................

 

Trees are a fascinating thing. Or maybe this place has a colorful variety of them so you’re falling in love with plants.

“Do we also have to report ages of the trees?” Jongin asked while scribbling notes about the hackberry.

“Yup. But how do we even do that?” you asked and he corner of his lips lifted up in a smirk.

“Leave it to me. I got the highest grade in the botany topic test.” He said and started scratching the bark a gently with the tip of his pen.

You let him do his thing since Jongin was a science class topper afterall, and looked around for any other way you could finish this report quicker. There sure were a lot of trees and so tall that your neck hurt looking up so high but still not finding the end. Various bird sounds and somebody’s chattering voice echoed between the branches. You looked back down to see a hyper Baekhyun endlessly rambling while walking beside Yoochun and oh did the boy look fed up already.

Yoochun halted turning towards the raven-haired boy whose smile wouldn’t falter and said something with a frustrated expression. Baekhyun paused smiling, looking confused, then smiled widely again and continued talking to which Yoochun half sighed-half cried and decided to walk again with Baekhyun still sticking by his side and muttering things you were sure he himself wasn’t really aware that they made no sense. Byun Baekhyun, Chanyeol’s dear friend who shares his passion of robot wrestling and video games and also the reason why the giant feeds you at least four new facts every evening that have no use or relation to everyday life.

Your eyes, following poor Yoochun, ended up on the boy glaring at you with his arms folded. You smirked and stood closer to Jongin. And you swear you could hear Sehun curse under his breath and grit his teeth even at this distant.

“Sehun, hand me the notepad.” Kyungsoo said while examining a leaf and stretched his arm. “Sehun?” he looked up to see him standing handsomely like a greek statue but with a red tinted face and furrowed brows. He then looked in your direction and understood the cause of this silent rage. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and picked the notepad himself, thinking hard enough what bad did he do to deserve this day.

 

“Hey, Jongin…” you called softly, leaning closer to his face while maintaining eye contact with Sehun.

“Yes? Also aren’t you….too close?” Jongin smiled confused. You bit your cheek from smiling and leaned more in.

“Sorry about that. The thing is…I need your help with something.”

“Okay. And that would be…?”

“I need to make my boyfriend jealous.”

Jongin’s mouth parted with a gasp. “Make Sehun jealous? You don’t like me being alive?”

“I’m pretty sure he’ll be the one dying out of envy first. Please play along with me...” you made a puppy face and he grinned shaking his head.

“This is risky but also fun. I’m in.”

“Pretend I’m single and you are the world’s best flirt. All day long.”

“Sure.”

You looked back at Sehun and it seemed he would be smoking up any moment. It’s just the beginning, honey.

 

....................

 

“Chanyeol-ssi, this…” Zhang Yixing, the very cute foreign transfer student kept calling his partner in his kind low voice. “Chan-Ch—” he lifted a finger to tap his shoulder but Chanyeol was two steps ahead.

“Shh…also that yellow cap you gifted me was…odd.” Yoohyun hopped across the grass field with Chanyeol following behind like a love-fool with a helpless Yixing trying to gain his attention.

“It wasn’t! At least Jongdae didn’t think so…” Chanyeol scratched his head.

“You shopped for it along with Jongdae?” Yoohyun asked and Chanyeol nodded with a grin. Yixing almost caught up with his steps, almost, but then Chanyeol jumped to be infront of Yoohyun and Yixing looked a lot similar to Kyungsoo when he found out Sehun was his partner. “Well…I’d say both you and your friend have extraordinary preferences.” Said Yoohyun and began playing hopscotch with her boyfriend.

“But you said it was cute.” Chanyeol hopped three steps and failed to balance, falling on his .

“I did say it was cute when you gave it to me, however when I gave it a second look at home I really couldn’t think of any situation where I’d need to wear a yellow cap that has two wobbly eyes on top and says ‘I’m always watching you’ in dripping red letters.” She said and helped him get up.

“We could wear it on a date. I got myself a matching green one.” Chanyeol suggested and grinned once more, Yoohyun not really feeling too eager to wear that thing on a regular day, let alone a date.

“CHANYEOL-SSI!” Yixing yelled at last and stunned Chanyeol th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter