Unsolved

Wait A Minute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are the very reason why this happened.” you complained. Sehun looked up and frowned. 

“I had warned you. And never did I tell you to even serve the tea, Miss Bae.” he made a face and dipped your right hand in the cold water again.

You winced and he frowned again. Then you saw a very concerned look in his eyes. 

“I'm sorry.”

“Why are you apologizing?” he asked.

“I don't know...just.”

It's out of your thinking capacity too why you did that. He just told you to look over at the water that was to be boiled. But here you were in the morning, all dressed and ready to serve different flavors of tea to the students coming up. Kindness, they call it generally, but the Bae did something for someone without a reward? That's just soo not you, or say the older you. The Bae now, with Sehun helping to cool your burned hand is a very different one. A generous one. How? 

 

Out of the people walking past by, Kyungsoo was one and gave you a very smug look, a very mischievous smile and wiggled his brows towards Sehun who busy with your hand and didn't thankfully notice it. You frowned and scooted him off just when Chanyeol was the next person to pass by. That little whack whistled at you and Sehun looked up, you pretending you didn't notice anything. A few more students giving you very weird looks and then Yoohyun next. She made a very gross face and shook her head at you. 

How more embarrassing this will be?

“I think I'm fine now.” you smiled meekly and struggled to remove your hand from his. 

“Ay hay! Stay down.” he pulled it back and held it even tighter than before.

 You blushed and tried hard not to make it obvious but well, it felt very hot. Just in the corner you saw Haeun walking past with her group of girls. You bit your lip, trying to think about it over and over again.

"Should I go now?” you asked nervously. He looked up in the same direction and nodded.

“The sooner the better.”

“What do I even say? I'm freaking out!”

“Just relax...look here.” he said and as you did, he cupped your face and looked in your eyes. “Breathe in...breathe out.” he ordered and you followed.

 It was hard to do that though, with Sehun looking directly in your eyes like that and holding your face. You nodded and he let go, holding your shoulders next.

“- and whatever she says, act cool. Don't show her that you’re guilty, because you’re not. Just tell her the truth and come back. Also don't expect her to forget everything instantly and just give her some time. Okay?” he made a fist “Fighting!”

You nodded once again and got up, breathing in and out once more as you headed towards her. 

“I can do it!”

But it's too soon...I'm not prepared...ugh. 

 

 

 

 

“Umm…Haeun can I talk to you? Just the two of us?” you asked when you approached her.

One thing's for sure - she wasn't even the least bit glad to see you. Her face tensed up and you could see her jaw clenching.

“Bae has something to do with me? You came here in all your glory to talk to me?” she mocked and you almost thought to return back, but for some reason Sehun's words echoed in your head and you didn't. 

“It will be quick.” you tried again and after thinking for a very long while she nodded, walking with you away from the gathering of all students. 

 

 

 

It was very awkward and uncomfortable. She was totally seemed to end it soon, not even interested, hands folded and looking away from you. You took more notice of her. She had certainly grown taller than when you both were together. And that she was wearing the same charm bracelet as you that had tiny silver stars and moons. 

“So?” she raised a brow and you gulped. 

“About Jeon...” and as you said his name Haeun's face turned more bitter if it could and she turned around to leave “wait Haeun!”

“What? Do you seriously want to talk about that?” she yelled halfly.

“Yes! Because I had lied to you!”

Okay isn't this going a bit fast?

Haeun's eyes bulged out and she blinked a lot of times without saying anything even though was parted. 

“I had lied to you at that time. I never liked Jeon. I never wanted him. I lied to you.”

“What are you saying?” Haeun was definitely very shocked which could be readable through her face. You looked around, rubbing the back of your neck. How to even start it?

“See...actually that day you wanted to confess and ran away? Yeah? I stayed and then Jeon said that he liked me.”

“Nonsense.” she said and started walking back but you ran and caught her arm.

“No listen! It's about back then - he said he had liked me all that while. Yes it's a bit difficult to believe but all those flirtious smiles always had been for me. I was super angry and I left. It was all so awful for me. I gave it a thought and...the next day you said you wanted to confess again I reached him before you and lied that I liked him.”

“Why would you do that?!” she snatched her arm out of your grip.

“Because...because I thought you would be really hurt if you found out that Jeon liked me.” you were puffing breathlessly.

Tears were welling up in Haeun's eyes. She removed her arm from your grip and shoved you and you almost tripped.

“Why?! Why Bae?! You hurt me more! I was okay even if he didn't like me back but to find out that my very best friend was cheating behind me was the worst! It hurt me a lot! I trusted you so much and you deceived me like that!” Haeun was crying.

“It wasn't my intention for things turned out like that—”

“How do I believe you now? Today after so long you come and tell me all that was a lie? What makes you think I'll believe this?!” she yelled. You clutched your fists to stop yourself from breaking down. How do you prove it to her?

“If... even for once you really thought of me as your friend who truly cared about you - believe me. If not, I have no other base other than our lost friendship.” you finished and after trying to rely your sincerety through your eyes, Haeun stomped out of there.

 

....................

 

“Pass me the popcorn Yoo.” you said with a grumpy face. 

“Why does my Bae seem so down?” Chanyeol asked shuffing some in his mouth.

“Get me some soda and I'll answer.” you replied when Yoohyun passed you the popcorns. You looked at her for long, and she raised a brow when she found you staring at her like that. “Yoohyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter