Unfocused

Wait A Minute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey how do you know whether you like someone or not?” you asked Kyungsoo on a Wednesday evening, your day to get to know about each other better.

Both of you were lying stomach flat, eating popcorn while reading an entertainment magazine together. He shrugged and glanced at you. 

“I don't like anybody in that way yet so I don't know...I mean I do like you but I think that's not the way you are asking me about right?” he said in one go and you nodded with whatever you could make out. 

“Yes not in the sunbae-hoobae type of way. The other type of way.” you told him.

“That's the type of way I'm thinking the type of way it is right?” he asked again and you nodded. 

“Yes that type of way,” you nodded again “but aren't there like...some signs that tell you whether you actually like someone or it's just a little crush because they apparently look like a boy fallen out of heaven?” you asked. 

“There is. When you feel differently with that person than the rest - then it's definitely serious.” he told you as he flipped the page.

“And how can you describe that 'differently'?” you asked, growing curious.

“There are many things...like when you feel comfortable with someone, when you are happy that they are around, when you can spend hours with them talking about the same things but never get bored.” he smiled.

“Uh...but that…I feel it with Chanyeol and Yoohyun and they are ofcourse my best friends so I think it's the type of way that you have got wrong.” you said with a confused face.

“I've not got the way wrong! Is it about Sehun?” he asked and your mouth fell open, yet you tried to deny it. 

“How did you even get that idea? It's not him all right.” you said as your cheeks were heating up. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and continued,

“It's not that difficult to see the difference. It's a matter of realizing it. You just have to catch those moments when you feel - special with him. When you smile for no reason, when it happens that you think 'maybe he is the one',” he finished and looked at you “and don't worry I won't tell anyone.” he told you.

“I'd kill you if you did.”

“You'd be killed first if I tell anyone that you are Robin.” he smirked

“Are you blackmailing me?” you asked and pushed him playfully.

“Yes I am.” he replied and you continued to push him, both playing around like kids.

Kyungsoo is a really sweet guy, definitely the type of person you would be close friends with.

 

...................

 

It was suicide, but you really wanted to visit him. Just the mention of him made you want to go and see him that evening. And luckily, that's exactly when he called to come over to help him with his laundry. You excitedly picked your phone, made a hair bun, and gladly walked out with a stupid grin on your face. Kyungsoo didn't even question where you were going, he just yelled on your way that he is going to make a post about how we can help those who are having a heart break by recent break up. 

“Do whatever you want! The blog is all yours!” You yelled back while making way out. It didn't even cross your mind to notice why you were so hyped up to go and meet him.

 

 

 

Okay, maybe not everything goes according to planning. 

 

You had almost reached his door, you were on the edge of the street, just when you saw him walking along with Haeun. They were laughing wildly, enjoying their joke, walking at the same pace. Every once Sehun or Haeun would say something and the other would burst out into fits of laughter. You hid behind a wall and just noticed them, who were chatting like they were the best of friends. Then, very gently he made way for her first to enter his house. Haeun smiled shyly and walked in, Sehun following behind with a satisfied grin. 

Something inside you was prickling, making you uneasy. You remembered Haeun having a crush on him, and now seeing them talk and walk so casually together was sure they had become friends.  And then you remembered that one thing Sehun had told you: He doesn't invite girls often because he feared his parents might mistake her for his girlfriend. 

And he just welcomed her to his house. So well, so happily. Was she now his...?

The thought made your heart skip a beat, and panicked, you left. Something felt heavy, and you found herself sweating coldly. Maybe it was disappoinment of seeing Haeun. Was it just that?

 

 

Instead of going back home, you decided to take a long walk. It was chilly, the sun was setting, and people were busy all over the streets. You walked with a grumpy face, slow and trippy steps, hesitation to even walk, and just crawl into a ball. You were hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter