Unamused

Wait A Minute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A good day - is what you miss nowadays. The always carefree you had now become an always tired and clumsy Bae.  It felt like ages since you had any free time. By which, it has also been two days since you haven't checked on the Tumblr. All the thoughts of what and what not will you have to do as soon as you get home made you feel even more stressed. 

The students were busy chatting about something. Every corner you turned to, they had this nervous and curious looks on their faces. 

“I wonder what happened to her?”

“What if she is ill?”

“Don't say that!”

“I miss Robin.”

“I can hardly spend 15 minutes without checking out the blog.”

 

You heard the name on everybody's lips, all talking about why there has been not a single post for the past 48 hours. You strolled towards the locker and stood there in deep thoughts, folding your arms. So what excuse do I make for this?  

 

“Remember me?”

You turned around instantly and saw the same spectacles guy you met yesterday standing behind you with an excited grin. You smiled unwillingly and nodded, turning back again. 

“Ofcourse, how can I not remember my creepy stalker?” you said mumbling to yourself. 

“Did you hear it? Everybody is panicked why the confessions page hasn't been updated for two days.” he continued to talk casually.

“Maybe she is tired.” you replied sarcastically because all of the things you heard them saying so far didn't even include this humanly option.  

He stayed quiet for a while and took a deep breath, huffing it out and inhaling once again as if preparing for something.

“This is why you would totally need me.” 

“What?” you turned around quickly when you heard this.

“I said this is why you would totally need me.” he replied as if he really believed you didn't hear it the first time.

“Need you for what?” you asked narrowing your eyes.

“To run the blog.” he said and your eyes bulged out, and you gulped hard.

“What blog?” you asked back nervously. It was his turn to narrow his eyes at you and fold his arms.

“Did you just deny the fact that you are Robin?” he asked with a dangerous tone.

“What are you talking about?” you let out a nervous little chuckle.

“You just did that again.”

“Eh he...hehe...hehaha...me? Robin? On heaven and earth where did you get that idea from?” you asked trying not to sound like you have been caught, but only failing to do so.

He narrowed his doe eyes further and stared at you for long. He knew it. He definitely knew it.

You rubbed the back of your neck and darted your eyes in all corner of the hallway. “Okay...listen here.” you said and pulled him by the collar to whisper.

 

………………..

 

You tapped your pen on the table continuously as you looked around in all corners of the room, trying to hear everything the girls in class were saying. Even the thought that one more person would come up and say they know about the secret was making your guts quench and twist. Today Yoohyun was skipping classes again for a baseball practice. It felt like you were all alone and isolated, the whole female population against you. 

“Yah - but how can she start liking him out of the blue?” said one girl, just two desks away from you, out loud.

“No she had a crush on him since last month.”

“Wow! Haeun actually likes a guy that much?” 

Your eyes spin off to the direction the girls had gathered.

“Yup infact I heard her tell Sumin that she is going to confess soon.” Sumin, Haeun's best friend.

“And we all know he would definitely say yes. Advantage of being pretty - you get all the good looking guys.”

“You really think so? But Sehun has never accepted anyone since he transferred here. He rejects everyone!”

“That's true though.”

Your heartbeat dropped a little when you heard his name. That was just so - unexpected. It's rare that you hear Haeun likes a guy, and whenever such  news circulates the social connections, the next thing you know is that she is dating him. And now Haeun had  a crush on Sehun. Something about that made you feel uneasy. 

It's not like you really had a chance you know...he doesn't even like you...Haeun will suit him better.

You thought as you hung your head, the tapping of your pen slowing down. You may not agree on many things with and about Haeun, but this was like Sehun is out of your league. And maybe Haeun is totally his type.

 

....................

 

You dragged yourself in your chair across Chanyeol in the canteen. He looked quite happy today, resting his chin on his right hand and tapping his fingers in a rhythm over the table. A wide smile was stretched on his lips. 

“Why are you so...hyper?” you asked wiggling your brow. Just looking at him right now made you forget about the morning. He shook his head.

“I'm not hyper. I'm pretty quiet today.” he said and you narrowed your eyes playfully. 

“I see...right.” you said and noticed him tap his feet in a tune now. A grin formed on your face and you brushed his bangs messily. 

“Yah stop that! You are spoiling my look!” he whined and you laughed hard.

After having your jaw ache by laughing so much, you laid back on the chair, sighing tiredly. He sighed too, and his lips as his eyes moved horizontally in excitement.

“I think I really like someone.” he said finally and you snorted. 

“What's with everybody and liking someone today?” you said shaking your head and lifted yourself up, resting your elbows on the table.

“I don't know about the rest but I'm very serious. I really like her.” he said again, a toothy smile forming on his face.

“What made you think of that conclusion?” you asked, being the good friend you should be when your best friend tells you they are having a crush - trying your best to make them realize it's a spur of the moment and they don't really like him/her.

“I just know. You see, there are all these symptoms. Like trying to steal glances at her, finding excuses to talk to her, trying to get to know more about her from her friends and siblings.” He answered talking quickly. He made no sense, but not like anybody makes sense when in love. 

“But what about her? Does she like you?” you asked. 

“I think so.”

“You mean you are not sure?” you asked raising a brow. There is a huge difference in 'yes' and 'I think so' - the 'think' being disturbing.

“You know she does this thing, like when I talk to her she flutters her eyes—”

“Bats.”

“Yeah bats her eyes—”

“Eyelashes.”

“Whatever and then she tucks her hair behind her ear like this,” he imitated the action with elegance, pushing back his own nonexistent long hair “even though there is no strand to tuck in because she makes a high ponytail.” he finished in one go.

 You stared at him for long, he actually really liked this girl. You had never seem him so happy to talk about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter