Star-crossed Killers - queenxb

BLK's Review Shop ACHIEVE

Star-crossed Killers

Reviewer: dhaatk
Review for: queenxb

Requested on: 03/16/2015
Finished On: 03/17/2015



NOTE: 5 Chapters (Spoiler Alert)

(8/10) Title: The title is eye-catching. Personally, I had no idea what “star-crossed” meant, so I checked. And that's when I had a problem with the title. I found out that term “star-crossed” basically means there are obstacles that intrude the well-being of a pair. As yet, no outer obstacles can be seen in the story. However, I liked how word “killers” is imposed, because I already can see how both main characters are cruel and could be labeled as killers.

(9/10) Character: So far, characters are really well-written. Haera and Jongin are equally strong leading roles that intrigue readers the most. Although there are only five chapters written at the moment, the story is already gripping because of these two characters. Since both of them are powerful, reader becomes curious of who will be have more power in the end. Two main characters having exact same personalities is the biggest engine, that makes readers click on next chapter. What concerns other characters, I am really drawn to Jongin's mother. She seems like a typical first-lady and a loving maternal figure. I also think that she will bring some colour in the future. What I did find a bit lacking was the number of cousins that Jongin has. There are three of them, right? A bit too much, I would say. They all look too similar to each other.

(10/10) Originality: Well, stories about forced lovers probably go back to the beginnings of literature. However, I find the characters and plot unique that I just want to give all points for originality.

(40/40) Storyline/Plot: The plot is not very impressive just yet, but I think there is a great reason for that. The pace of the story is rather slow, so there cannot be a lot of big events happening in a few chapters. It is awesome how visualization of events is combined with display of characters' traits and thoughts on those events that occur. It was a bit awkward, when in the fourth chapter Haera fired a gun towards Jongin, but it fell into the place as I kept reading. The story itself is quite extraordinary.

(24/25) Grammar/Errors: Your grammar is almost perfect. The only two things I did not like was how you sometimes mix Past and Present Simple, and the usage of word “daebak.” Now, you really did not need to insert that Korean phrase. You should have just found an English expression for the magnificence and handsomeness of Haera.

(5/5) Overall Enjoyment: I really enjoyed these first five chapters and read them very quickly. I am definitely staying subscribed and waiting for future updates!

(96/100) Points Total


Feel free to give any further questions.

Please don't forget to credit our shop's logo in your Foreword.