The Truths and Lies

Will You Wait For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 31 – THE TRUTH and LIES

Siwon came to his office after lunch and ever since he came he’s been talking to Jessica on the phone.

“So, you told her about Yoona?” Jessica asked.

“Not exactly…I just told her that I still need time to settle things.” He sighed. “I just wanted to be honest with her…I mean, I don’t want to be unfair to her…she doesn’t deserve that. Looking at her worrying about me…it just hurts me seeing her like that.” He continued.

Jessica smiled, “That’s good to hear that you’re both in good terms now, but…” she heaved a sigh, “how are you going to deal with Yoona?”

He took a deep breath and sighed again, “Honestly, I don’t really know…I want to know what’s the reason but at the same time, I’m also afraid to know the truth. Maybe I just need to do things one by one.” He said.

“Whatever you say, Siwon. You know we’ll always be here for you.” She said.

“Thanks, Jess. I need to go. Uncle’s waiting for me in his office.”

“Okay.” Jessica hung up and then faced the window from her back, “Siwon, I’m sorry…I hope you can forgive me in the future but Yoona really needs my help.”

After that call with Siwon, she called Yoona and told her what happened last night. Yoona halted in eating her lunch in her apartment after hearing the news from her friend.

“What?” she asked worriedly, “How’s he? Is he alright?”

“Yeah, he’s been taken care of…” she paused, “of his girlfriend…”

The latter nodded sadly after hearing her friend, “That’s good to hear but does she know that after drinking a lot, he might experience severe headache? It’s not really good for him to drink a lot. His liver might get into serious problem, too.” The ex-girlfriend said.

“Really? I didn’t know that.” Jessica said.

“He drank a lot after our breakup. Sungmin called me to help him that night. The next day, he still tried to get to school. He doesn’t know I was following him that time. He collapsed and bought him to the hospital. That’s how I knew about it.”

**FLASHBACK**

Yoona was looking after her unconscious ex-boyfriend. After a few minutes someone knocked on the door and Tiffany entered the room.

“How’s he?” she asked worriedly.

Yoona stood up after seeing her friend, “The doctor said he’s fine. He just had severe headache after drinking a lot last night.”

Tiffany looked at her unconscious friend, “He doesn’t usually drink a lot.”

“The doctor also found out that he has a problem in his liver. He might have got it genetically.” She continued as she looked at Siwonpitily. “They still need to check on him after he wakes up to know the problem.”

Tiffany looked at Yoona sadly, “Do you really have to leave? Do you really have to leave him like this?” she asked.

Yoona looked at her and nodded slowly, “I really have to. I don’t have any relatives left here and besides there’s no reason for me to stay here.”

“Isn’t Siwon enough reason for you to stay? We can help you bring back your business.” She offered.

Yoona shook her head, “It won’t make any difference, Tiffany. It would just be difficult for the both of us.”

Tiffany sighed, “When are you leaving?”

“The day after tomorrow,” Yoona took a last glance at him, “Please, take care of him.”

“Even if you don’t tell me…”

“And don’t tell him I was here…please…” she begged.

Tiffany nodded even if she doesn’t agree of her friend’s decision.

“I’ll get going…thank you…” she whispered to her friend and smiled sadly as tears are now gathering in her eyes and then left the room.

**END OF FLASHBACK**

‘I really didn’t want to leave you that way but I have to. If not you’d be in danger. I can’t afford to lose you that way. That’s why I chose to leave thinking it’s for the better. I have to sacrifice my own happiness to give my parents’ death justice. I know out of all people, you’ll be more affected. I’m sorry I have to do this…for my parents’

She thought while standing from her window as another tear fell from her eyes but wiped it immediately.

She then decided to leave and went to a drugstore. She went to the counter. “Will you get me these medicines? Thanks.” She said giving a piece of paper to the lady and then bought the medicine.

She was waiting in front of a building waiting for Jessica. She greeted her with a smile while the latter approached her.

“Why’d you call me out?” Jessica asked.

“I wanted to give these.” She said giving her the paper bag containing the medicines she bought earlier. “Tell her…” she paused, “Siwon have to drink each of these three times a day, everyafter meal. He’s not allowed to skip meals. He might be a big guy but he’s very vulnerable.”

“You went all the way here just to give me these? I can see you’re really worried about him.” She said taking the medicine bag from her.

“Well, that’s the only thing I can do – worry about him.”

Jessica sighed, “Why don’t you just tell him truth? Just tell him the reason. Why do you have to go through all of these? You’re hurting both yourself and Siwon.”

“You know that it’s not easy, Jess. This is not just a simple thing that I could just tell him straight in his face. Can you even tell it to Sungmin?” the taller girl asked as Jessica shook her head with a sigh realizing that there’s nothing she could do but to keep it from her friends if not, it would cause big trouble to their family and it would only add to the hate that Sungmin feels for his father right now. She could not afford for that to happen.

“They don’t even know that you’re already an orphan and even if Sungmin and his father are not in good terms, I don’t think I could be able to tell him.” she sighed.

“Sorry, Jess, you have to go through all these trouble with me. I just don’t know whom to trust anymore. Now that Tiffany’s…” she trailed off.

“Yah! Stop saying that! We’re friends and friends help each other. ” she smiled, “Don’t worry; he’ll be able to get these.”

Yoona smiled in reply, “Thanks, Jess. I don’t know what I would do if it wasn’t for you.”

“Don’t mention it.”

 

 

After meeting up with Jessica, she went straight back to her apartment, still with a sad face but her face lighten in surprise when she saw her friend sitting on the cemented staircase in front of the building’s entrance. She approached him and was greeted by a smile as he stood up as soon as he saw her.

“Ryeowook? What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Obviously, waiting for you. I kept on ringing your door bell but no one’s answering so I though you went out.” He replied putting his cold hands on his pockets to warm it up.

“How long have you been waiting?”

“About…30 minutes…I guess?” he thought.

Yoona frowned knowing that he waited for that long, “You should have called me first.”

Ryeowook still showing his smile at her, “It’s alright…I really wanted to surprise you.” He said, taking something from his pocket. It was a piano key chain, “For you…one of my listeners at the hotel,gave it to me the other night. Look, I have one, too!” he said showing another key chain attached to his phone.

“Thanks…” she smiled, taking the key chain from him but noticed how his hand shaking because he was shivering from the cold weather.

“Are you alright?” she asked.

“I’m fine…it’s just …cold…” he honestly said.

“I’m sorry…let’s go inside. I’ll make you some hot drink to warm you up.” She invited.

The two went inside the lady’s apartment where it was warmer. Ryeowook sat at the couch in the living room while waiting forYoona to bring his drink. Moments later, Yoona entered the living room with his drink and placed it on the center table. “Here’s your drink.”

“Thank you,” he replied and cupped the mug with his two hands to warm him up and took a sip form the hot chocolate the host prepared. “Ahhh…this is delicious!” he exclaims.

Yoona watched him happily enjoying his drink. She took her phone out from her pocket and took out its casing, covering the back part of her phone and attached the key chain that was given by the guy beside her and placed it at the right corner of her phone where a hook was provided for it and then attached the casing back in its place.

“It’s beautiful…it suits your phone.” Ryeowook complimented.

“Thanks, the key chain is beautiful, too.”

The two smiled at each other but a moment after, Yoona frowned when she looked back at the silver key chain attached on her phone as she remembered another unforgettable scene from her past.

**FLASHBACK**

It was their first Valentine’s Day together and Yoona was watching her boyfriend from the bleachers practicing at the field and waited until he finished. When they were done with their practice, Yoona waved happily at him so he could notice him, He looked at her and replied with a smile and as soon as they were dismissed he hurriedly ran to the bleachers where his girlfriend was.

“How long have you been waiting here?” he asked.

“Not too long…” she replied. She noticed that her boyfriend’s bag were full, “It looks like you’ve received many chocolates today. I bet you’ve received many confessions, too.”

“Yeah, I actually had to turn them down and tell them that my heart already belongs to someone else.”

“Oh, really?”Yoona blushed at the thought that it was her.

“Yes! To the one and only girl in my life…” he paused, “my cute little sister!” he teased.

Yoona frowned in disappointment at the thought it wasn’t her, “Okay…I won’t argue with that…”

“Aren’t you going to give me something?” he asked with a teasing smile.

“Why would I give it to you if you’ve already had so much?” she said still frowning.

“I may have so many chocolates in my bag but I never took a bite from those because I told myself that I’ll only eat the one’s would be given to me by the girl who’s making my heart beat faster right now.” He said making it up with his girlfriend who lightened up her face after hearing those words.

Yoona took the box of chocolate from her bag and gave it to him.”Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope you’ll like it.”

“Thanks…” he said and took the box of chocolate from her, “Yoona, aren’t you going to tell me something?”

“Like what?” she teased back.

“Like…you know…”

Yoona smiled, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She lied.

Siwon sighed in disappointment, “Nevermind…by the way, I got a gift for you, too…” he smiled again while Yoona waited for it. Siwon took a box out from his bag. The box contains a silver heart-shaped couple key chain.

“It’s beautiful!” the lady beside her exclaimed.

“Give me your phone,” he said and attached the half of the heart to her phone and the other in his.

Yoona looked at his gift happily and looked at him, “Thank you…” she cupped his face and gave him a peck to his lips, “I love you, Choi Siwon…”

Siwon blushed at the act. He bet that kiss was sweeter than those chocolates that were given to him. “Can I have another one?” he playfully asked.

Yoona pushed him away, “YA!”

Siwon pouted cutely, showing his aegyo, “Please…”

“Alright,” she agreed, “if you could catch me!” She immediately stood up and ran down the oval.

Siwon smiled confidently, “Do you think you could get away from me?” and started chasing after her who was already 50 meter away from him. She tried to run faster as she could but Siwon keep on closing the gap between them. When she noticed he was getting even closer, she ran in towards the middle of the oval where a wide green field was located. Siwon went nearer and tried to grab her but was able to dodge away from him.

“You can’t run away from me, ImYoona!” he shouted. He tried to grab her again and she tried to get away from it but this time she failed.

“Got you!” he grabbed her waist and lifted her as she giggled.

“Hey! Put me down!” she said as he immediately obeyed and turned her around to face him and held her two hands and stared at her eyes.

“I love you, too…ImYoona…” he replied from the lady’s confession earlier.

“What did you say?” she said pretending she didn’t hear what he said.

“I said, I love you, too, ImYoona.” He repeated.

“I’m sorry, I really can’t hear it.” She continued to tease.

Siwon took a few step backward still holding her hand, “I said…I LOVE YOU, TOO…IM YOONA!!!!” he shouted.

“I think, I heard it now…”she smiled contently.

He went back to his original position, “Can I have my reward now?” he said as he leaned closer to her face. They slowly closed their eyes as they felt each other’s breath and finally reached each other’s lips as they kissed passionately. Yoona let go of his hands and wrapped his arms around his neck while he held her waist, pulling her closer. It was longer and more passionate than their first kiss at the park.

They both pulled back to gather air and their foreheads attached.

“Happy Valentine’s Day…” he greeted and she smiled in reply.

**END OF FLASHBACK**

“Yoona,” Ryeowook called as he noticed his friend were in deep thoughts, “are you okay?” he asked.

“Y-yeah…” she replied unenthusiastically.

“If there’s something bothering you…you know that I will always be here to listen…we’re friends after all.” He assured.

She smiled sadly, “Thanks…it’s just that many things happened these past few days…”

“Like what?” he curiously asked.

“I accidentally met the man I left two years ago…” she paused, “the man I loved so much…”she honestly told him.

He was taken aback with her words.

“He’s really angry when he saw me…and I deserve every bit of anger he feels after what I did to him.” He looked away from him as her tears are threatening to fall from her eyes, “I left him without any word and now I came back…it was a big surprise to him. He wanted to know the reason why I left him but I can’t tell him and it’s making everything worse…I feel guilty knowing that after all these years, I’m still hurting him…he’s in pain because of me…” she looked down as tears have fallen from her eyes.

Ryeowook went near her to comfort her, “Stop it…I knew whatever your reasons are, you only did it because you just wanted what’s best for him…” he said.

“I’m sorry…” she said wiping her tears.

“It’s fine…I’m here, I’m your friend. If there’s something bothering you…I’ll always be here to listen.”

She looked at him with her teary eyes, “Thank you, Ryeowook…I’m glad to have a friend like you…”

 

 

“CONGRATULATIONS!” They all shouted as Donghae entered the house. Leeteuk and Taemin had small poppers while the two ladies stood beside them.

The surprised young man was in awe, “WOW! Tha-thank you…you actually didn’t have to do this. It’s not like it’s my first job, but still…thank you, guys.” He smiled happily. Looking at everyone of them.

“Come on, guys! Let’s eat! I’m really starving.” Leeteuk said, holding to his stomach.

They all sat down as the youngest in the family lead the prayer and started eating.

After eating dinner, Leeteuk brought out from the fridge a medium sized cake.

“Wow!” Donghae exclaimed, “This looks delicious…”

“Miyoung baked that.” His grandmother proudly said.

“Really?” he was surprised and looked at Miyoung who was just beside him as the lady smiled shyly. Donghae took a slice and had a bite while she was looking at him with anticipation for his reaction.

“How was it?” His younger brother curiously asked.

Donghae just continued to chew the cake inside his mouth and looked first at his brother and then to the lady beside him and smiled, “It tastes great!”

“Really?” she widened her eyes with his reaction.

“Hmm…” he nodded, taking another bite, “This…tastes like my favorite cake I always buy at a café when I was still at college. Are you a baker before?” He asked with his wide smile.

“How would I know? I can’t even remember a thing about myself. I can’t even remember my name!” she laughed, “I actually asked for their help and Leeteuk-oppa found a recipe in the internet and I just followed it.” She smiled shyly.

“But still…” he looked at her, “thank you for the cake. I think I’ll be able to finish this because it’s really delicious.” He joked looking at his brother who also loves sweets.

“YAH! Hyung, give us some! We want to have a taste of it, too!” the younger brother protested.

The family continued to enjoy their dinner while eating their dessert.

“By the way, Leeteuk-hyung, you didn’t tell me that your friend’s boss is Jessica.” He said nonchalantly, acting like he wasn’t affected by the meeting at all.

“Jessica? You mean Jessica Jung?” he frowned and when he remembered he slapped his forehead, “How could I have forgotten about that? I’m sorry about that, Hae, I forgot.” He sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter